April 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PinkLily

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have oily but dehydrated, acne-prone skin. I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. And it doesn't cause zits (for me).

I tried it in the Sephora Glow kit and then bought a full-size bottle.

Be careful when removing the dropper from the bottle. I've wasted a bit of oil when it dripped off the dropper.

I use it mainly on my face. I put 3 drops total on my cheeks (1 1/2 drops each cheek) and then 1 drop on my forehead and then 1 drop on my nose/mouth/chin area. If there's any extra, I gently dot it around my eyes. If there isn't any extra, I use like half a drop on my eyes.

I can't believe an oil works so well for my acne-prone skin (thank you, PCOS). But it does. Love this stuff! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This product didn't break out my face per se, but it did give me a few huge blackheads on my cheeks. Typically I only get blackheads on my nose and chin, so seeing a few huge blackheads on my cheek was unusual. I think this product did a nice job moisturizing, but eventually I just used it to deep condition my hair and moisturize my body. I find that the jars that the argan oil come in are great for keeping for other useful purposes. It wasn't a "wow" product in my opinion, just an oil that absorbs nicely into skin that you could probably just find for half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample from Sephora and I am really thinking the full size may be worth the $48. I used it as a sealant on my natural hair and it sealed in moisture and gave my hair great sheen! But it worked even better on my skin which I think if I am going to buy it again, it would be used on my skin only. This oil gave my skin a great glow and left my skin feeling baby soft without any breakouts. My skin absorbed it well and did not leave my face looking like an oil slick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only recently hopped on to the oil-as-beauty-product bandwagon. Being a teenage acne survivor, anything remotely moisturizing made me uncomfortable, and if someone told me oil makes a great moisturizer, I probably would have had a panic attack. But my skin is now combination-dry, and I'm finding it difficult keeping my skin moisturized throughout the day. My trouble spots are always my cheeks and forehead, and sometimes my chin. I had known about Argan oil before, but only as a dipping sauce for bread. I had no idea it could be used on the hair or face. But I guess it makes sense-olive oil doubles as food and beauty product...why not Argan oil?
It is very moisturizing. I would say that my has been improved in terms of dryness and flaking by 75%, at least. I think the 'glow' that people talk about is just the fact that their skin is properly moisturized for once!
I had also read that Argan oil could be used to treat and soothe Seborrheic dermatitis, which I do have, mostly around my nose (I experience mostly redness). While I can say that my redness was definitely reduced, I think there are more effective treatments out there.
It is a bit expensive, I will say that, but it will last you a long time. I need around 4-5 drops for my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Raqoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I was initially uncomfortable with the high price point, after ten months of using JM argan oil nightly on my face and hair ends, I still have about a 1/4 bottle left. So it really does last a long time. While my face is still damp, I put about 2 drops in my palms and dab it over my face and neck, then rub the leftovers on my hair. I really love this product and will definitely buy more when I run out. It makes my skin soft, and I've noticed a reduction in the rosacea on my cheeks from before I started using this product. My only complaint is that the bottle is not good for travel (made of glass).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Daisydee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a year now as my daily moisturizer. I use it in the morning and night. It didn't make me break out, but also didn't clear up any existing congestion or prevent any blemishes. Basically, I haven't noticed any difference in my skin. However seeing my esthetician after using this product, she told me my face glowed. I then told her I was using argan oil and she said that was probably why. Elasticity is great, very hydrated. So I guess there is a difference! I am going to keep using it, not because of what my esthetician said (although that is great too) but because of what I've learned about argan oil and it's amazing anti-aging properties... even if I'm not noticing super obvious changes now, I'm hoping it will pay off in the future.

I find you don't need much of this product. If you use too much, it will take a long time to sink in or if you lie down it will just rub right off onto your pillow. If you use a few drops for your whole face and a couple more for your neck, it will be easily absorbed. It took me a while to figure this out :) you don't need much.

This is very expensive, so I might do some research and see what else is out there. But until then I will keep purchasing JM argan oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by foofyjen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I bought this a few weeks ago at Sephora, because of some crazy dry patches on my cheeks and my nose. I was a bit skeptical at first, due to the reviews here on MA.

It works like a dream. I have sensitive fair skin and was concerned how it would react with my skin. I am very happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to use this product and like many others, HIGHLY disappointed. I broke out immediately the next few days and then just stopped using it all together. I heard it takes a couple weeks to work thru all that but I am not willing to go that long. Thankfully I just had a sample and didn't pay the high price for it! Silver lining~

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had extremely high hopes for this product especially after everyone raved about it.
I used this at nighttime in conjunction with my moisturizer.
After about a week, my face ERUPTED with tiny little bumps.
This product also take FOREVER to sink into your skin.
I will not be buying again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by gvmullins

I was really optimistic about this argan oil. I gave it about two weeks...and sadly I just don't agree with all the hype surrounding it.

First of all, some of the other people's reviews on here make it seem like it really is a miracle product. That you'll definitely SEE results, glowing the next morning, saving people's skin, etc...I think those comments really got my heart set on this product. For me, this did nothing but maybe/possibly broke me out. I saw no marked difference in my skin whatsoever, and to be honest, I don't really feel like any moisturizer has done that for me in the past, either. The most it's going to do is keep your skin hydrated and looking more plump and soft. That's it. What can it really do? I feel like a lot of the claims of how miraculous it is are all in people's heads. It didn't do anything remarkable for my skin whatsoever, and I'm currently broken out right now and I'm unsure of whether or not it's from this oil. To be on the safe side I'm just going to stop using it and go back to my HG Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I just don't think that any moisturizer has the capacity to completely change your skin and do the things that people are claiming it's going to do, even the expensive stuff like La Mer. If you want major results, get a face lift or a peel or something.

Expect this oil to do nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if you feel that it's improving your skin. I will say that it IS a good moisturizer...if you have really dry skin, this will be good for you. I can't see how anyone would use this in the morning however, because my makeup would NOT be able to co exist with this oily texture on my face. It doesn't soak in completely like people are saying it does. For me, anyways.

And lastly, the price of this stuff is just ridiculous. Thank god I got to try it in a free sample at Sephora, because if I'd have paid $$ for it I'd be regretful. You can find the exact same oil elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. If argan oil works for you, I'd definitely reccommend looking elsewhere for a product that is exactly the same.

Bottom line: good moisturizing capacity, but don't believe the hype.