October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Still trying to finish my expensive bottle of argan oil, even though i dont love it. Its feels ok to apply and wear when I go to bed, and in the morning, my face looks more hydrated than if I were to have worn nothing at all. However, there are much better moisturizers out there. I love the idea of this product being so natural/chemically clean, but I just dont see any real results or improvements.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kelseyblair

I got this as a sample at Sephora. Ever since I was a teenager, I've had problems with oily skin and acne, but I've continually tried natural products on my skin (with little success or, usually, more breakouts) because I don't really like the idea of slathering preservatives and other chemicals on my body. I had no intention of using this on my face, but I took a recent trip to Haiti and did not want to take regular arsenal of products. I popped this my bag and used it nightly as a moisturizer. Don't know if it was the LACK of the other products or the fact that I wasn't picking and fussing over my face, but by the time I got back, my skin was the best it's ever been: completely clear, even tone, no breakouts. Since I've been home, I've started alternating this with my retin-A at night, and I have no dry patches or flakes. I will definitely continue to use Argan oil, but this product is much too expensive, even though I only use three drops a night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jeharsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love argan oil... didn't broke me out, plumed my skin got rid of my wrinkles, The only reason i'm looking for a dupe it's the price... I wish i was rich and could afford buying it more often. I bought mine mid january and i can see easily running out in about a month 1/2- 3 months TOPS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I finally decided to try this out after reading countless reviews about it. I was getting tired of my skin getting flakey during the winter months. No matter how much moisturizer I applied I still had dry patches/flakes. I like the fact that this product is organic and contains no chemicals. I apply this on my face after washing my face at night with my clarisonic. It does feel oily but it dries in a few minutes. It makes my skin feel really moisturized. I also like the fact that I can use this on my hair and nails as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I bought the Majestic Mountain Sage Argan Oil, and I am proud to say I am very happy with this product. It provides lightweight moisture, just enough to take away the flakes of winter yet not enough to make me oily. My skin is a lot softer, more even-toned, and I find that leaving this on my face throuhout the day keeps me more matte than leaving my skin to produce its own oil. I have acne-prone skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. The only issue is that I still have tiny blackheads on my nose, and they haven't gotten worse since I've been on this product, but they haven't gotten better, either. Definitely worth a try!

Update: Months later, still loving this. Looking for something to even out my tone a little more, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I use it under my eyes and on rough patches and it smoothes and moisturizes beautifully. It's great on my cuticles and hands. I also use it in my hair--a few drops on the ends is all it takes.

It is expensive and yes, you can get argan oil cheaper if you look around: the reason I have two bottles of JM's argan oil as they were part of sets that I received/purchased. However, quality argan oil is not cheap, so be wary if you see a piece that is too good to be true.

What would really help is if JM repackaged it with a pump dispenser instead of the dropper. As it is, the bottle can easily spill. Also, a pump will decrease the likelihood of contamination, whereas the dropper tip can come into contact with any surface.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an overpriced argan oil. The Moroccan Gold company sells the same thing and it's 28 dollars for 4 ounces. I received a sample of this in some set that was gift and compared it to my other argan oil. No difference, except for price. Of course stores like Sephora -which I love - do sell for high-end companies that occasionally put a larger price on basic beauty items. This is one of those instances where name brand sells a product in which the consumer can end up paying roughly 8 times more money just because of the brand.

Argan oil can work miracles: It's great for my under eye area, ends of my hair, poison ivy, dry skin, rashes, extra conditioning, eczema, etc. However, if someone is on a budget, they should definitely google "100 percent pure argan oil" and only pay four dollars an ounce for the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

The idea of this oil had me really excited. I bought it for my face, but found that it didn't absorb the way I would have liked and didn't do much more for skin than a really nice olive oil does. It actually felt very similar to an olive oil. If you're looking for a natural oil moisturizer, I recommend Tarte's Maracuja Oil instead, which absorbs well and makes my skin glow.

EDIT: I recently gave JM's argan oil another chance after receiving it in a kit I purchased from QVC. I'm really glad I tried it again! This oil is indispensible to me now - I actually alternate it with my maracuja oil and love the results I'm getting. If I apply the argan to my skin when it's wet, it soaks in immediately and my skin is soft and wonderful. It also really helps with healing after a chemical peel. When applied to dry skin, it does take a little longer for my skin to completely drink it in, but once it does, it's amazing! I've never experienced any sort of breakouts with this oil and my skin seems to love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product on my hair and found that I really liked it bc it left it nice and silky. However, I had to wash my hair more regularly (just like when I use any other oil) bc by the second day, my hair looked slick and oily. I also tried using this on my face as a moisturizer and liked it for the first couple of days. However, after about a week, I started to have breakouts. I NEVER break out, so I knew this stuff was causing it bc I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. I have the small bottle and I'll be finishing it bc its so darn expensive (as a cuticle moisturizer or st like that), but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tinav101805

I saw this on qvc, and I decided to try it because I wanted to try something new and I felt like my face needed that natural glow. The first week I used this product, my face GLEW the way I wanted. I did not get any break outs, matter of fact it helped with my break out. I used to have small bumps on my forehead and this oil helped diminish it.
However today because I am near my period, I did break out.
Overall I do feel that this oil has changed my skin completely! I glow even without make up. My face doesnt look dull !