September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

The idea of this oil had me really excited. I bought it for my face, but found that it didn't absorb the way I would have liked and didn't do much more for skin than a really nice olive oil does. It actually felt very similar to an olive oil. If you're looking for a natural oil moisturizer, I recommend Tarte's Maracuja Oil instead, which absorbs well and makes my skin glow.

EDIT: I recently gave JM's argan oil another chance after receiving it in a kit I purchased from QVC. I'm really glad I tried it again! This oil is indispensible to me now - I actually alternate it with my maracuja oil and love the results I'm getting. If I apply the argan to my skin when it's wet, it soaks in immediately and my skin is soft and wonderful. It also really helps with healing after a chemical peel. When applied to dry skin, it does take a little longer for my skin to completely drink it in, but once it does, it's amazing! I've never experienced any sort of breakouts with this oil and my skin seems to love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product on my hair and found that I really liked it bc it left it nice and silky. However, I had to wash my hair more regularly (just like when I use any other oil) bc by the second day, my hair looked slick and oily. I also tried using this on my face as a moisturizer and liked it for the first couple of days. However, after about a week, I started to have breakouts. I NEVER break out, so I knew this stuff was causing it bc I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. I have the small bottle and I'll be finishing it bc its so darn expensive (as a cuticle moisturizer or st like that), but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tinav101805

I saw this on qvc, and I decided to try it because I wanted to try something new and I felt like my face needed that natural glow. The first week I used this product, my face GLEW the way I wanted. I did not get any break outs, matter of fact it helped with my break out. I used to have small bumps on my forehead and this oil helped diminish it.
However today because I am near my period, I did break out.
Overall I do feel that this oil has changed my skin completely! I glow even without make up. My face doesnt look dull !

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Hautepants

This stuff made my face break out in tiny little bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. I thought it might be something else I was using, but every time I used this stuff it did it.
Made my skin feel a little too oily, but it did make it look nice.
All in all, I obviously won't be using this anymore..but I'll put be putting the rest to good use on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the argan oil. Does not leave my face oily. Personally I like to put this oil on my Décolletage keeps it moisturized and supple and my husband likes how it feels after. This product is too expensive. I go to amazon and purchase 100% morrocan argan oil for fraction of the price. I don't see much of a difference between the two.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I like the way the Argan oil feels moisturizing to the skin when it goes on, and it soaks right in. However overall I feel it's congesting to my sinuses and not sure how that happens, and that it's aging my skin longterm especially around the undereye area. Oil by itself is not really moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use Josie Maran's argan oil on my face. I apply a few drops in the palm of my hand, press my hands together, and then press my hands gently over my face. I repeat the procedure on my neck. I've tried using other vegetable oils on my skin, and I find argan oil absorbs faster. It also makes my skin feel incredibly soft. In the winter I use it as a serum before applying a moisturizer, but in warmer weather I could use it alone. Although I really like this product, I wouldn't buy this particular brand again because of the price. All argan oil in the world comes from the same source: a women's cooperative in Morocco. I've found other suppliers of pure argan oil who sell it for much less.

UPDATE: 2/17/2012: I've repurchased this. After my first bottle ran out I bought a cheaper brand of argan oil and it wasn't the same. It was greasier and had a nutty smell to it. Josie says her oil is first-pressed, and at first I thought it was just a marketing ploy. But now I won't use any other brand of argan oil.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently re-discovered Argan Oil after using it on my hair and not liking it at all. While browsing YouTube, I stumbled on a video where a woman had said she used it on her face before she went to bed. Since I did have it left and it didn't work for my hair type (made it greasy and stringy), I figured I'd give it a shot.

I don't have super acne prone skin, but I do have some problem areas, mostly around the sides of my mouth and chin, and at 33, my skin is starting to show signs of it's age.

The first night I tried the Argan Oil on my face, I was a bit hesitant because, let's face it, from what I know of biology, oil on your face usually doesn't end well. But I was very pleasantly surprised when I woke up in the morning and the couple trouble spots I had the day before actually looked more clear! And my skin appeared very soft and supple!

It's not a magic wand, but it does help :0) I use mine only at night, then awake to healthy looking skin! Love this product and will definitely be repurchasing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by smalljd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, I love argan oil. It is wondeful on my skin if I travel to somewhere with a dry climate or in cold weather. It also works great on the ends of my hair after blow drying or flat ironing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this on and off for about a month and so far I'm liking it and will continue to use it. At night at least. First used it only at night, 2 to 5 drops mixed in with my moisturizer (ren) and in the morning I do notice a difference. Sometimes I'll go to bed with my face kind of blotchy and irritated/dry and when I wake up in the morning, my face is a lot clearer and smoother. Now that it's winter my skin has gotten a lot drier so I've started using it mixed in with my day time moisturizer too. The strange thing is I've noticed little bumps on my skin lately. I'm not sure if it's this product or something else. Maybe it's possible to use too much of this stuff?
UPDATE 1/8/12: I dialed it down to using 1-2 drops mixed with my nighttime moisturizer and bumps have disappeared. I definitely like this oil and will continue using it. I think it really helps with my dry skin and evening out skin tone. My new clarisonic may have something to do with those improvements too tho, im not sure!