November 28, 2014 | 1092 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have problematic skin: sensitive, easily irritated and red, oily t-zone, dry chapped cheeks, prone to cystic acne. my skin loves this oil! i blend it into my other hard to apply products that are too thick. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Bought travel size from Sephora. Great product, but thete are plenty other brands out there that give you a better value.

PROS:
-made my hair soft, and skin glow.
-for the most part unscented, so it dosent affect your fragrance
-made my retin a flakes non exsistant

CONS:
-thought the consistancy was a little thick and hard to spread in comparison to other brands.
-way too much money, paying for a brand name when you can get more for your money at whole foods or online
-needs a pump, unsanitary

Yes, I am a fan of argan oil, its great stuff and its more than just hype. Just be sure to shop around before you buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim with an eye toward using it somehow on my hair. Since it's currently almost to my waist and I plan to keep it long, I try to keep it healthy and split-end free.

What I ended up doing is putting my damp hair into two ponytails and rubbing the argan oil from the ends of the hair to about two inches up. (the reason I put in ponytails was to make my hair easier to work with. I took them out immediately after so they're not really an important part of this review!)

After the first time I tried this, the ends of my hair have felt and looked so healthy and smooth! It dries quickly into the hair and never feels greasy. Now I use this after every shampoo; highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pdburns74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample of Argan oil from Sephora and ended up taking it back within a week since it made my face breakout and made it even more dry. It got such great reviews and that is why I bought it but it made my skin feel gross. It was not greasy but applied like dry oil (almost like the oil you use to get a tan with). Maybe I should have just used it on my split ends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Still trying to finish my expensive bottle of argan oil, even though i dont love it. Its feels ok to apply and wear when I go to bed, and in the morning, my face looks more hydrated than if I were to have worn nothing at all. However, there are much better moisturizers out there. I love the idea of this product being so natural/chemically clean, but I just dont see any real results or improvements.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kelseyblair

I got this as a sample at Sephora. Ever since I was a teenager, I've had problems with oily skin and acne, but I've continually tried natural products on my skin (with little success or, usually, more breakouts) because I don't really like the idea of slathering preservatives and other chemicals on my body. I had no intention of using this on my face, but I took a recent trip to Haiti and did not want to take regular arsenal of products. I popped this my bag and used it nightly as a moisturizer. Don't know if it was the LACK of the other products or the fact that I wasn't picking and fussing over my face, but by the time I got back, my skin was the best it's ever been: completely clear, even tone, no breakouts. Since I've been home, I've started alternating this with my retin-A at night, and I have no dry patches or flakes. I will definitely continue to use Argan oil, but this product is much too expensive, even though I only use three drops a night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jeharsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love argan oil... didn't broke me out, plumed my skin got rid of my wrinkles, The only reason i'm looking for a dupe it's the price... I wish i was rich and could afford buying it more often. I bought mine mid january and i can see easily running out in about a month 1/2- 3 months TOPS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I finally decided to try this out after reading countless reviews about it. I was getting tired of my skin getting flakey during the winter months. No matter how much moisturizer I applied I still had dry patches/flakes. I like the fact that this product is organic and contains no chemicals. I apply this on my face after washing my face at night with my clarisonic. It does feel oily but it dries in a few minutes. It makes my skin feel really moisturized. I also like the fact that I can use this on my hair and nails as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I bought the Majestic Mountain Sage Argan Oil, and I am proud to say I am very happy with this product. It provides lightweight moisture, just enough to take away the flakes of winter yet not enough to make me oily. My skin is a lot softer, more even-toned, and I find that leaving this on my face throuhout the day keeps me more matte than leaving my skin to produce its own oil. I have acne-prone skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. The only issue is that I still have tiny blackheads on my nose, and they haven't gotten worse since I've been on this product, but they haven't gotten better, either. Definitely worth a try!

Update: Months later, still loving this. Looking for something to even out my tone a little more, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I use it under my eyes and on rough patches and it smoothes and moisturizes beautifully. It's great on my cuticles and hands. I also use it in my hair--a few drops on the ends is all it takes.

It is expensive and yes, you can get argan oil cheaper if you look around: the reason I have two bottles of JM's argan oil as they were part of sets that I received/purchased. However, quality argan oil is not cheap, so be wary if you see a piece that is too good to be true.

What would really help is if JM repackaged it with a pump dispenser instead of the dropper. As it is, the bottle can easily spill. Also, a pump will decrease the likelihood of contamination, whereas the dropper tip can come into contact with any surface.