Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 4/28/2012 7:16:00 PM

I have been using Josie Maran's organic argan oil for about 6 months now. I previously struggled with cystic acne coupled with alternating dry and oily skin. It was quite a challenge, especially after entering my 40's, and starting to show wrinkles. I was really at a loss on how to stop this slippery slope I was on! Then one day I got a free sample of this product and I tried it, just to see if any of the hype was real. I use it in conjunction with an Ole Henriksen oil free moisturizer morning and night. The first month, I really still broke out, but I noticed right away, I had refreshed looking skin without dry patches. After the first month passed, the argan oil started to regulate my own oil production, and the breakouts stopped cold. Then the real miracles began- by last month (the 5th month) all the acne scarring started to disappear, and the fine wrinkles were all but gone. People have told me my skin is glowing from within! Now if I get a small breakout, I actually use the argan oil to help alleviate the breakout! It is anti inflammatory, and works amazingly well. Highly recommend this product!

on 4/23/2012 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love how argan oil change feels, my skin just drink it up, I use it as a night moisturizer. It doesn't clog my pores and not irritating in anyway. I also put a drop or two in my day lotion if my skin feels a little dry.
But I have switched to the Shea Terra one instead.
I have to say, JM one has absolutely no smell; however, the ST one has a very faint nutty smell when I first open it.
But hey, it cost half of the price...And I don't feel any different on my skin.

on 4/19/2012 2:21:00 PM

I mix in a few drops of Argan oil with my First Aid Beauty Daily Moisturizer and it really makes my skin glow. I've gotten so many compliments about my complexion since I started using this combo.

Not worth the money. I use a less expensive but in my eyes a better quality argan oil by mama nature which seems lighter. I use it for the psoriasis on my arms and legs and also as a facial oil to stop ageing. It is amazing. Some people may prefer this oil but it's not for me.

on 4/17/2012 3:23:00 PM

I love it! Do I really need to say why? Make my skin glow, great for dry hair, and dry cuticles.

on 4/12/2012 4:15:00 AM

Adore adore adore!!! This product is so simple, so natural, that I don't have to have an oil for my cuticles, a treatment for my hair, and cream for my cheeks, another for my eye area, etc. I have combo/oily skin, but I sometimes get dry patches on my cheeks, and a drop or two of Argan Oil does the trick. I've used this as a night time face cream, a detangler and deep-conditioner for my hair, and hand cream. It has never broken me out, and isn't greasy--HONEST!!! And this is coming from one of the most fickle product wh**es you will ever meet. I very, very rarely buy a product more than once, especially when it comes to skincare. But I'm on my third of 4th bottle of JM Argan Oil in roughly two years! And I buy the smallest 0.5 ounce bottle, which is $14.00 but will last many months. This is probably one of two or three products that I truly MUST have on hand at all times.

on 3/15/2012 1:22:00 AM

This broke me out! And I never get pimples near my mouth/nose area. The first few times hat I've used it, my skin felt softer the next day. Then afterwards, I started breaking out. Those with oily skin or acne-prone skin should stay away from this!

on 3/11/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Pros:
Organic
Cons:
Hard to use glass bottle, easy to waste
Not very moisturizing; not for dry skin
Expensive

on 3/9/2012 10:19:00 PM

I was hoping this would be a good product for me, but my face started breaking out within a few days so I had to discontinue using it.

on 3/7/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As moisturizers go, this is hands down the best one I've ever used. My skin is plump and moist without feeling greasy. I love to touch my face! I don't know that it does anything else, like anti-aging so you might want to use an appropriate serum first but I doubt I'll use another moisturizer ever again.