April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AN AMAZING STUFF in fast breaking out...i just apply it in the morning and 5,6 hours later i have already small pimples on my chin...never any product break me out soooooooo fast....The cover is good for a WHILE ..but heavy ..I am going back to JI & Caron...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 4:58:00 AM More reviews by suthida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Studio Fix for 5 years and I love it. The coverage is superb and it lasts me all day long without having to reapply during the day. It is convenient to use. I'm definitely a BIG FAN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used MAC for years. This is a product that is very heavy, but I used it for a long time and it has never been the cause of a breakout. Good if you want moderate to heavier coverage for a powder; great for covering up blemishes with one sweep. Some people can go with lighter coverate; others who have more flaws to cover and want a natural look can achieve it with this produt. Additionally, it lasts all day without the need for a retouch, and goes on lighter if you use a powder brush. This covers blemishes and uneven spots without concealer, so its great for those early mornings tot he office! Not messy like foundation but gives coverage similar to one. Also, I use this with skin treatments, and while [any makeup product] can lessen the effects of a treatment on bare skin, this still allows others to work, surprisingly. I say this from years of experience with the product.

I like the sponge being in the bottom of the container, and I LOVE that this powder rarely BREAKS if you drop it in your purse!

Price is $26.50 for a compact, which is kind of pricey but it lasts for me at least 3+ months and that was when I was using it 25-30 days out of the month.

This is a staple makeup product for me, I will buy it forever.

Note, the product is one of the few that oxidizes and after the oils from your skin settle with the product, it will turn darker/redder/grayer/different shade, so I would recommend testing with two colors (one on one cheek, another on another) and wearing it around the mall for an hour or so before buying at a department store. Also, check your color in the daylight. Some MAC employees are great at matching, others are horrible. Oh, and once you find your winter/summer shades...WRITE IT DOWN. :)

UPDATE:
I no longer use MAC, as I grew older, my skin changed and this was way to heavy, clogging my pores. I switched to Makeup Forever and Bobbi Brown cosmetics for skincare, with excellent results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Jessica2553

I wasn't planning on buying this product when I went to the MAC counter. I've never liked powder foundation because I tend to be dry. But when I said I have acne he suggested it. So I tried it and I really liked it. I use it more like a powder because it doesn't cover up trouble areas but it works well on clear skin! When I'm not feeling high maintenance I use it. I love the packaging, the sponge applicator and the fact that it stores seperately from the powder. It's nice! I would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When this foundation came out it was one of the few powder foundations that offered high coverage. When you first apply it, it looks nice - then turns into a mess. If your skin can tolerate it, lucky for you. It breaks me out terribly and turns into a grayish shade in a few hours. With the plethora of options we have in this day and age, I would say that this product should be retired, or at least renovated. Save your money and your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great for photos. I first purchased this in 1997 and used it for about five years. Back then I thought it was best to use a powder foundation because I have oily-combo skin, plus I wanted something low maintanence. At the time, I thought liquid foundation took too much time to make sure the application wasn't streaky and was well blended. If you apply this with the sponge and apply too much, it can very easily look unnatural. I found it better to apply a light dusting with a powder brush. Also, I am actually a NC35, but since this foundation tends to get a shade darker if you have oily skin, I wear NC30. I switched to using VLWC a few years ago, and I now use GA LSF which is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

I'm a MAC girl but I have to say that this product is one of the most disappointing ever. The coverage is ridiculously thick. It made me look like some $5 hooker girl down the street. It also broke me out like crazy and clogged all my pores. What's more is that the color changed on me within a couple of hours and BAM! I look like I had a face full of dirt instead. It's ok, I still love MAC. I just hate this awful overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by RForrester

I am a westcoaster so most of us are typically low-maintenance. I use this under blush and thats it. Thanks to a really great tinted sunscreen (Dermalogica) that keeps my face matte this together leaves my face shine-free and beautiful all day. I love how light it is and I find it goes a long way but I am loath to use the applicator as I find it cakes up easily and unless you plan on washing it daily it is a breeding ground for bacteria so I use it with a large brush to apply all over and voila!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Despite this being my second compact of SF, I'm still on the fence about it.
When I can get it to behave, it does a great job of giving me decent coverage in lightning speed. Sometimes it does give me the effect of having fallen face-first into a bag of flour but a quick spritz of Fix + usually corrects that well enough.
The chip-pan of grease I lovingly call my t-zone really doesn't play nicely with this stuff though. After a few hours it can look clumpy & cakey.
The issue that really causes me to rethink about this happened just the other night. A last minute getting ready session saw me grabbing for the studio fix as I couldn't be bothered faffing about with liquid foundation. I didn't stop to think about the fact that recently, due to the colder weather & the need to put the heating on, my skin around my mouth has been dried out & left me with a fine lines. I'd spent a good two weeks nurturing it back to a reasonable state of hydration and was happily watching the lines disappear again.
A spritz of Fix + and liberal dusting of SF & I was out of the door. Ten minutes later, I could feel the skin around my mouth drying out and feeling tight & just generally unhappy. I washed my face later and thought nothing more of it until I discovered a particularly ugly rash on either side of my mouth at the corners. Despite spending the best part of four days continually slathering my poor abused skin with my most moisturising products, the dreaded fine lines have re-emerged and, just to add insult to injury, my face is sore.
All Studio Fix does for me now is cause me to eye it's neglected compact & growl every time I see it.
I may use it to add more coverage over the top of a sheerer coverage liquid foundation but it certainly will not be going anywhere near my face under any other conditions.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the coverage and how it goes on but I don't like how it tends to change color throughout the day. It's not expensive and I think it's better than a lot of the higher end products that claim to do better or the same like Chanel's DP powder,Estee Lauder and Diorskin/forever in terms of coverage at least.The negative isn't really that bad-it doesn't turn orange like an Oompa loompa or anything but it does turn slightly darker so that's a good thing if you need a little color. If not then just get a lighter shade. Plus a lot of celebs use this so it's got to be good, right ? lol :p