July 25, 2014 | 1927 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

When I first purchased this, the Mac Makeup Artist gave me NC 35 even though I am actually a Mac NC 30 (Asian with yellow undertones). It looked okay in Macy's but when I went into natural daylight, my face was a pink greyish color! It didn't look natural! I wanted to give studio fix another shot so I purchased it in C 35 which has more yellow undertones. This was a better match for me; however, my face was an oil slick in just a few hours. I have combination skin so I think I might wear a primer with this powder foundation. I highly suggest that you throw away the puff and use a makeup brush to put on studio fix. I love Mac for their eyeshadows and lipglosses but their foundations aren't really impressing me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I am still not fully satisfied with it, and yet I have repurchased this item several times. It provides mid to full coverage, depending on method of application. You can use the sponge it comes with, and apply it dry, which provides full coverage, or wet, for a more sheer coverage.
I personally prefer to use a kabuki brush to apply.
I have oliy skin and find it is a bit drying. During the winter it highlights patches of dryness in my skin. During the summer, I need to blot, or it gets a plastic sheen to it.
Color-wise however, I find it a perfect match, and the color and price are the reason I keep going back to it, but it really is not my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ccoquia

I don't like using foundation b/c I feel like my skin cannot breathe and loose powder doesn't provide enough coverage. I think this product - foundation/loose powder combo - is great!! Depending how liberally you apply, you can get light to moderate coverage or full coverage. I have pretty normal skin color and texture-wise - my biggest problem is just a little oil by the end of the day and some light redness - and Studio Fix provides just the right coverage to fix those flaws. Has a nice matte finish and pretty much stays on the entire day. **TIP: I also use Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Powder (A MUST HAVE!!) on top of Studio Fix and I NEVER get oily. Therefore I never have to re-apply either of the powders. Sweet!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by redkitty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way way way to drying and makes me break out! I use a flat brush to apply it lightly and it's still too dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Neshika

I love this, BUT, only in the Summer. In the winter my face is less shiny and I prefer a lighter product - because this one covers everything, it can be a little drying. In the Summer this is the only powder I put on my face, it stays a long time and comes in such a large range of colors! The only thing I dislike somewhat is the packaging, the small thing holding the lids together always breaks off for some reason. But the powder is great quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pandarov

I like this. NC30 matches me well, provides good coverage, but can be a little heavy and cakey. Unfortunately I've noticed that every time I used this it has made me break out, so I will be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Trixxie6

I prefer a matte finish on my face and this definately provides that when you first apply it. I have fair skin with an uneven tone and like medium to full coverage. I like the smooth matte finish this provides, but I do get shiney mid-day and end of the day and have to reapply a couple of times throughout the day. The compact packaging makes it easy to take along with you and reapply, but I would be much happier if I didn't have to reapply so often. I may try the fluid version of Studio Fix and maybe use this over that. But that's a lot of expensive foundation to pile on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by NeekaDee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair, oily/acne prone skin with acne scarring and this product does a pretty good job covering everything by itself. I experimented applying this product with a wet sponge; and although it gave me absolute flawless coverage it did not last long as I would notice maybe a hour later that the powder would be patchy all over my face. The packaging is very handy but I prefer to use a compact powder puff rather than the latex sponge included. Studio Fix does not make my skin feel more oily and lasts without having to touch up much throughout the day. I agree that it is a little pricey; here in Australia it costs AUD$48! I very much like this product and will repurchase it as soon as I'm in a major city with a MAC counter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fkrowitz

Studio Fix powder foundation is so totally amazing!! I hadn't used it for a few years- ?? strayed to a liquid thinking I needed more coverage. Tried Lancome(too much$$), Clinique,(bad colors and too unnatural-looking, Bobbi brown (too much$$ and the SA are sooo pushy and annoying) So, I went back to MAC and foung the BEST foundation- the prefect color, perfect coverage(I'm combo/oily, little rosacea). It is totally amazing- try this- it lasts a long time and you can do light or heavier coverage if you like- easy to apply and a polished look.Love,love love it!!!!! .

Well, a year later I ;ve decided that this is not very good. It turns wierd on me- maybe I'm too oily- and it covers either too much or not enough depending on the application. Tried the Studio Fix liquid- MUCH BETTER. Natural-looking coverage and lasts. Thanks, Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

I have breakouts all the time. MAC Studio Fix powder is very good at covering them up. Gives a uniform coverage and can be built upon for spot touch ups throughout the day. Powdery/matte finish, but great coverage. Best I've used for a powder.