October 2, 2014 | 1825 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by avym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had the worst out break from using Studio Fix fluid & Powder
together. I cried when I looked in the mirror today - have not had
a break out like this since my teenage years.!!! From reading other reviews it would appear that this product breaks out a lot of people. Do not use if you have sensitive or acne prone skin!!!. The general consensus in on MAC is that their foundations are awful. Good for eye make-up and have great lip gloss. Unrivaled in terms of colour selection.
Also, I know a few people who use this and while the coverages is
good - it looks very yellow and unnatural. Avoid unless you skin never breaks out

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by bjerome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love love love this product. Can't stree it enough. I am of African descent so I never even f'ed with any concealor or powder. Just because in the past, everything I have tried has left me looking like I was back in the 80's. You know the chalk face. So I gave up. I have a very golden deep brown skin color so , when I went to Mac counter and asked for something to give me an even skin tone, they had the perfect one. And since then i have never tried anything else. I mean I look natural, my skin looks flawless. I dnt break out. When I take pictures it looks like I have been airbrushed a bit. Its really lovely. Mac is great, can be a bit expensive at times but you know you pay for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by c1wall

MAC has the most amazing colors. They are trendy and fun to play with but unfortunately every single foundation I have tried from them has left me broken out and wishing that there was something better. Ive tried a number of them also... including the new mineral wear (someone please tell me why they made an oil mineral wear?!?!?!) I have a number of friends who all wear MAC also... unless you have skin that rarely breaks out the concensus is that MAC is not the best choice for acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Hmmm. This powder has good coverage, yes, however, when I go to touch up during the day with my powder brush, the oily areas streak since the powder is so fine. It makes me look like I have stretch marks on my face. Not very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fresh_2_deff

Omg, I got htis product AND I LOVE IT!
Ever since, the only make-up I use is Mac.
It is like really good! And u use it with moisturizer underneath so it doesn't cake and it makes your face look flawless! And like other powders that you buy, feel cheap, but MAC you can tell is actually worth the price you pay for it. it really does live up to it's name: MAC= Make-up Art Cosmetics! <-- SO TRUE! LOVE ITT <33

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This summer I decided to find the best powder foundation for my skin. For years I had not worn any foundation, just concealer and loose powder - but I became tired of seeing pictures of myself with noticeable blemishes and red spots and blotchiness and uneveness. I wanted to look better, but not "made up". I also wanted my skin to look fresh and matte - NOT shiny and oily, nor dry and flaky. I also wanted my skin to feel like it was breathing and not caked with stuff. And I definitly did not want to irritate my skin or break out. A tall order.

Well MAC came through with the best product - BY FAR - in my opinion. The color is an EXACT match. Never has any foundation, concealer, or powder blended so smoothly into my skin! The coverage is medium, but is buidable so that I can have a sheer application with a fluffy brush, or cover up blemishes by using a sponge. My skin has not broken out since using this - and I break out easily. It seems to hold off shine better than anything else I;ve used (though I do brush MAC blot on first, and use blotting papers 2x's a day). When I wear this, I feel confident, natual, and beautiful. What more can you ask for in a makeup? I'm glad I finally found it and I'm happy that since its such a classic, I probably dont have to worry about it being discontinued - I can see myself using this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

So basically, I wanted to try this out for a while. I'm an NC40 in Studio Fix Fluid. But when I looked at the NC40 in the powder it looked soo light. So a sales lady matched me with C6. But, when I used it for a few days it was way too dark and orange! I usually use a bronzer but I couldn't at all with C6, i was way too bronze already. It looked like I was hiding a sunburn. I went back to the store to try other colors, and C4, C30 were too light.. NC42 seemed too dark, and so on. So I was like hell, I'll just try NC40 and if it's too light.. i'll use some bronzer. It turned out, NC40 matched me pretty good. I can use my bronzer and blush beautifully with this. It lasted me all day & didn't look cakey.. or show my pores like the fluid does sometimes. I love it! UPDATE: This stuff makes me look SUPER pale in pictures.. I never ended up repurchasing this because it wasn't yellow enough. I tried NC42 and it was too dark/orange.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. First of all, no matter which MAC counter I go to, the sales people are rude and snobby. All I could think is " You're not a real make-up artist! You're a sales person!" I say this because every time I try to let them apply make-up, I end up looking like a damn clown!!! One girl actually put rubbing alcohol in my eyes, trying to "sanitize" an eyeliner pencil. FYI- that's not how you sanitize an eyeliner pencil. Anyway I bought Studio Fix NC43 because it matched my skintone perfectly-when it was applied in the store. When I got home, it totally oxidized to a muddy red color and after using it for a week, my face broke out badly. MAC foundations are garbage!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by estetika

For my skin, this does not work. It causes me to breakout like there's no tomorrow. I do use it on my clients because I do like the amount of coverage you get with it. If you are prone to breakouts, I wouldn't recommend this but if you don't have a tendency toward cosmetic-induced acne, then I recommend it completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by lacornflakegirl

This product gets a lot of hype, but for me it was a huge disappointment. It definitely covers flaws, but at the same time it looks cakey, feels awful, and rubs off on everything! Sometimes I'll use a touch of this product, but for me I'll just stick my Stila translucent powder.