December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this lip balm in a goodie bag for a company retreat; needless to say I'm hooked. I carry one in my purse and one in my make-up case.

*****I put it on before I work out since my lips tend to get more chapped from water & breathing.

******I use it over my lip liner it helps lock in my lip liner.

*****I use it on my eye brows before I use my eyebrow gel, it helps keep my eye brows from getting dry, which gels have the tendency to do.

I like the tingle feeling you get when you 1st put it on, not to thick & it's not like carmex where your lips get worse & peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jrpagv

My husband and I both love this lip balm. It feels great on the lips and seems to work well. We've bought numerous tubes of it over the years.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lesha

This stuff makes lips feel smooth and hydrated instantly. I don't have to constantly apply it like chapstick. I was told that petroleum jelly products dry your lips out more and and only fix the problem temporarily. Thinking about it now I find this to be so true. I have since thrown out all my chapsticks and will only use Burts's Bees and other natural lip products from now on. I love the smell and feel of this balm. My lips are in better condtion for longer because of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by meeshescrazy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my must-have balm. It contains beeswax, ofcourse, Vitamin E, Peppermint, Coconut and Sunflower Oils. This is a great healing and conditioning balm for lips, not waxy or greasy, but delivers just enough moisture to the lips for temporary relief. I swear, I had moderately bad chapped lips, had been using Carmex and I remember buying this stuff at Bath & Body Works....I've been hooked ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by crazyshopaholic

Hmm.. This lipbalm's not bad in general. However, i was rather disappointed as i was expecting much more after hearing all the raves about it. Guess my expectations were too high. It's not waxy, but the scent wasn't really appealing. That said, it did a great job of moisturising my lips & the price's economical too. I'd buy it again, even though i'd prefer more fruity-scented lipbalms!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice and tingly and not thick or goopy. A bit overpriced, but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by RBenthien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After buying this I will NEVER go back! I love the way this makes my lips feel all tingly. It took me a little bit to get used to the peppermint smell but now I love it! I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this a million times and even my mom is addicted to it. We buy the tube one instead of the small metal jar which gets dirty really easily if you carry it around.

So anyway, the tube is plastic and a traditional Burt's Bees colour, yellow. I'm addicted to minty stuff (this has peppermint oil) so this is my lip moisturizer and at the same time a chapped lip relief! I don't know what I would've done without it. I put it on before lipstick or lipgloss! I just don't feel comfortable without it! I carry it with me everywhere. I used to carry lipgloss too, but I just stick to carrying this around! I love it! I can use it for a while and buy a new one at 4CAD. And yes, it does leave my lips soft and smooth.

I really don't know why I didn't review for this sooner... it's like the only thing I ever buy continuously other than my Olay Sensitive Therapy creme! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rljp

It's a decent lip balm, in fact I found it to be too waxy and I normally have no problems with beewax lip balms at all! The taste and scent are light, but overall it's okay. All of my co-workers love this stuff, I prefer Mama Coco's and Aunt Bee's any day over.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Starfie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite chapstick kind of thing. It's extremely thick on the lips so it feels like it's really protecting them. I wouldn't recommend this for super chapped/bleeding lips b/c I don't feel that it moisturizes that much. The first ingredient listed for Burt's bees is beeswax (hence the name) therefore, like wax it has a firm yet smooth consistency...however, not very emollient so it doesn't really sink into the lips. I also like the minty scent and tingle (both of which are incredibly strong). Here's a little anecdote including my burt's bees: I was as usual late for something (with my brother waiting for me outside in the car), I quickly swiped the balm on my lips a couple of times and ran out. Later during the car ride my brother asked if I had gum b/c he smelled mint...it was the lip balm! I just had to laugh=]