Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful quick fix. I love the tingle it gives and the scent is wonderfully refreshing! I have to use it everyday, multiple times a day (just as with every other lip balm), but a tube lasts at least two months! Do NOT use it if your lips are currently cracked to the point of bleeding (unless you do not mind it burning for a while).

I'm fairly impressed with the quality and effectiveness of Burt's Bees products overall, but the Beeswax Lip Balm isn't exactly one of my favorite products from this line. For starters this product could use waaaay more moisturizers, however it doesn't dry my lips out, and I feel like it acts as a barrier between my lips and any further damage. I do love the scent though, very minty and tingling, which I find suprisingly soothing. Great cheap buy, but for me didn't do much.

on 7/27/2006 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is fairly light and felt moisturising and refreshing while wearing. The mint is a tad overpowering and he tingle it gives your lips means it is irritating them. I stopped using because it doesn't contain a sunscreen. I think there are better, cheaper products out there.

on 7/25/2006 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only lipbalm I buy over and over again. I use it in the tube, its just easier with nails and I feel like its more hygenic. Its very moisturizing; when I put it on I don't need to reapply for a while. And I love the mint flavor.

on 7/15/2006 8:58:00 PM

This is my all time favorite chapstick and the one I use all the time. I go back to this one everytime. It isn't waxy and has a slight mint flavor.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best chapstick ever! I use this daily to keep my lips moisturized but also helps once your lips are already chapped to nurse them back to healthy! Will always recommend & repurchase.

on 7/14/2006 10:13:00 PM

Love the mint. This is a good lip balm.

on 7/14/2006 2:46:00 PM

I love the mintiness. I hate everything else. I have both the tube and the tin. This stuff dries my lips out terribly. There's got to be a better moisturizing minty balm available. Glad it was cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my HG lip balm. I'm a lip balm/gloss efficianado, and this is the best of the hundreds of balms I've tried. It's a little thick, but I always come back to my Burt's Bees. Oh, I use the tube by the way. It's better than the tin IMO.

on 7/12/2006 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the minty feel and the smell of this balm, but it just doesn't do a very good job of keeping my lips soft. This feels great when I put it on, but I keep having to reapply it every hour or two because my lips start flaking/drying out more than before. I like the way it feels anyway so that's not too big of a problem, but for softening purposes I'd go with something else.

Another thing -- it gets kind of annoying trying to get this out of the tin if you don't warm it up first, even if it's just been in your bag in an air-conditioned room.

Popular Lip Treatments