Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Oh, I love this. Smells great and feels great on your lips! Slightly tingly when you put it on, really moisturising and you don't need to keep reapplying every few hours like other lip balms. This is my favourite lip balm that I've tried and believe me I've tried a few! Works best if you warm it in your pocket a little before you apply it.

on 7/2/2006 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this and loved it, but noticed I had to reapply constantly. My derma said it's because the menthol or whatever is in this actually dries your lips out more. He said to avoid lip balms w/ menthol and just use something simple like vaseline (which comes in a small tube for lips). I have dry skin to begin with so I now avoid this.

on 7/1/2006 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Burt's Bees has the best lip balm out there.

on 6/29/2006 7:44:00 PM

I been reading a lot of great reviews on this product lately so I decided to buy it. I got the one in the little metal container for around $3.00 (Canadian) from Shoppers Drugs Mart.
It was a tad messy when you applied it with your fingers but there was more product in the metal container then the usual chapstick container. I think next time I might get it in the chapstick container just because it's less messy & the product won't get on my finger when I apply it.
I love this product, it is great as a lipstick/lipgloss base or just alone. It helps relief dry, chapped lips. Most people complain about the minty & waxy feeling. I on the other hand love the minty taste & the waxy feeling I also like. It makes my lips feel extra smooth. If you do not like the minty taste at all I suggest you not buy it. continued >>

on 6/28/2006 4:35:00 PM

I too bought this product because everyone raves about how great it is. And I too don't see what all the hype is about. It is a typical wax and petroleum-based lip balm that doesn't do much to actually heal the problem, but just soothe. The menthol feels great and is a good level of potency, but I found the product to feel very waxy on the lips, it gets weird with just a bit of heat (melts, gets greasy, separates, gets grainy), found it changed just by having it in my purse when at a baseball game on a hot day. I think there are products out there in the same price range that are more healing and ones at a cheaper price point that acheive the same results as this product.

on 6/28/2006 3:47:00 PM

As I've heard a lot of wonderful things about this lip balm, I was quite set on giving it a try on my most recent best-balm-for-me hunt. I picked up a tube from my local market and gave it a try.

The first thing that came to mind was the overly waxy feel of the balm spreading across my lips. I usually opt for slicker-type balms and that was my first disappointment.

Second disappointment was how dry my lips felt so soon after the application. I love mentholated products, but for some reason, this product really didn't work the way I hoped.

Third, there seemed to be something "grainy" in my balm which scratched my lip whenever I applied.

Sadly, this balm hit the bottom of my bag and probably isn't going to surface unless I'm out of my other stock.

on 6/28/2006 1:47:00 PM

Great lip balm. I keep a tube in my car, at work and in my purse at all time. I feel lost without it. Buy it!

I really like this. I had the tube but I lost it! And I also have the tin. I much prefer the tube because its just easier to apply. I like the tingling sensation (normally I don't). And its very moisturizing. Way better then the Honey version. I would repurchase this in the tube form.

love love love this product. there is simply nothing that is equal to this lip balm. it lasts a long time and is nice and tingly when applied, and i dont see how the scent could be offensive to anyone since its just a minty scent. it moisturizes better than anything else, and gets rid of dry chapped lips and definately prevents them. the tube is much more convienient for application so you dont have to put your fingers in the little tin. there is no other better lipbalm. and since its only about 2.5o to 3.oo theres nothing to lose

on 6/25/2006 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Simply the best lip balm I've ever used on my perpetually chapped lips. There's nothing else to add that hasn't already been said.

Popular Lip Treatments