Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/1/2004 11:55:00 PM

I am also using the generous 2 oz. sample sent to me by Sephora. I really like this cleanser. It removes every stitch of makeup and it doesn't take a lot of product to do it. I have already bought the huge 16 oz bottle for when I run out of my sample. I will say that I can understand how this wouldn't work for those prone to breakouts as it does not leave a squeaky clean feel. I think it is for people that have normal to dry skin.

on 11/29/2004 1:49:00 PM

Beautiful stuff! It takes off all makeup, even waterproof mascara. I even like the smell- a slightly medicinal light floral scent. This is a great basic, no frills face wash, and I haven't found anything that's like it or comparable- high-end, drugstore or otherwise. I don't find that this strips my skin at all or leaves it dry, but I also tone and moisturize soon after washing. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and find that it does a great job of cleansing when used with facial brushes or just on its own. I've repurchased many, many times over the years and it is a regular and dependable staple.

on 11/27/2004 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this.. it's nice in that it seems to take off all of my makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes. The scent is very lemony and something else- not bad but not all that pleasant either. I have to say I won't buy it again b/c it broke out my skin in a REALLY bad way! Try the smaller 4 oz size from sephora for 10 bucks before you buy the giant size!

on 11/26/2004 11:59:00 AM

I found this cleanser to be overdrying plus it burns my eyes. I see no reason to pay so much money for such a mediocre cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I generally do not use any kind of cleanser/soap products on my face. I usually just use water and a wash cloth and lightly exfoliate. Most products that I have used dried my skin out so bad that it would be red and irritated. I am using my free 2 oz sample from Sephora.com and it seems to be okay. It doesn't take a whole lot to clean your face with - just a dab or so. I still have to put moisturizer on afterwards, but it works fine. I may use it every now and then.

on 11/23/2004 1:58:00 AM

Like many MUA gals, I have tried several dozen different cleansers over my lifetime. Purity Made Simple is the first cleanser I used that didn't make my skin feel dry and tight right after I washed it. It also takes off my makeup, eliminating the need for a separate makeup remover. A definite repurchase!

on 11/22/2004 11:49:00 PM

I got a 2 ounce of this a week ago from Sephora. I've been so impressed with it that I just ordered the big 16 ounce. Yes it's expensive, but it dissolves makeup very easily (no harsh scrubbing!) and doesnt give my skin that tight feeling that I hate. The smell is herbal, but it's natural. Nothing artificial. I actually like it.

My skin type is a combination. I break out seldomly but get oily in my T zone.

So far all of my Philosophy samples have left me very impressed and wanting to try everything in thier line.

on 11/21/2004 11:06:00 PM

I purchased Purity Made Simple as part of Philosophy's Jump Starters kit. I've been using the the products for about a month now, and have certainly noticed positive changes in my skin's clarity, texture, and overall appearance. I definitely enjoy using Purity Made Simple as part of the "program". It's a very gentle lotion-type cleanser, which doesn't irritate my skin at all. My skin is normal/combination and somewhat sensitive. It has no artificial frangrance, which may put some people off in this age of overly-perfumed products, but I actually find the smell of Purity Made Simple to be quite clean, natural, and pleasant. Most importantly, it does what it promises by removing any traces of dirt, makeup, and oil without the need for a toner or astringent after washing. Having said that, it may be a bit too gentle for very oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product works great, but its just not worth the price for me.
I have oily/combination skin, but I don't have many breakouts, so I can use whatever.
But if you're reading the reviews and you have similar skin, breakout cycles to some of the these review, I say go for it.
Personally I'm happy with my neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser

on 11/10/2004 6:34:00 AM

Would I buy it again? Maybe. It cleans very deep down, but it's a bit drying, very drying, smells funny at first (but you do get used to it easily), and it's expensive,,so in the meantime I've been looking for something else.