October 25, 2014 | 1504 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jula6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of expensive brands like Chanel and Lancome but I just couldn't find the right color. This foundation covers very well and I found exactly the right color for my fair skin (NW15). It looks natural too.
After a long day at work my skin still looks great.
I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

I love this foundation!! I've been using it for over a year (am working on my 4th bottle - yes I use alot of foundation) and I couldn't be happier. It applies beautifully. I tried it with the 190 brush, fingers, kabuki, etc... and find a regular make wedge/sponge works best for me. The coverage is excellent and very buildable. It doesn't get cakey at all or make me oily. I don't *think* it breaks me out, but its hard to say since I always have about 1 pimple. :(
I use NC15, but wish they had a shade that was just a tiny smidgen lighter (because, yes, I'm that pale). But I love this foundation and will continue to return to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by tropicanawithpulp

It made my skin go from good to bad....period....aka acne.
It also made my face look very oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently switched to Studio Fix Fluid from my Select SPF 15 Liquid. I was an NC42 when I was first matched by a MAC MA last November. A few days ago, however, a trip to the same MAC store and with a different MA prompted me to switch to Studio Fix since there is more coverage and helps hide my tiny, but still somewhat noticeable chickenpox scars on my face. She also hooked me up as an NC37 and this shade matches so much better. I've been using this for a few days and Studio Fix is matte and it does feel a little heavy, but after applying with the MAC #190 brush, I just go over it and buff it with a cheapo blush/powder brush from Avon. (You could also use the small, but very useful MAC #109 brush for this.) Buffing it makes it settle into my skin more and it takes away that caked-on look that I have just after applying it with my #190.
One thing to remember with Studio Fix is that a little goes a long way :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by audreyk

This is an okay foundation. I think I would repurchase again unless I found something better. I am usually an NW 20, but I was matched at NC 15 for this foundation. It is almost a perfect match, but is a tad too yellow so I guess I should find another shade. Also, by I didnít like the foundation by itself. Itís a bit chalky, but the coverage is great. So, to compensate for this and the shade, I mix it in tinted moisturizer. I use much more tinted moisturizer than the foundation. I also mix in a few drops of shimmer. Since my skin has a tendency to get shiny throughout the day, I was afraid that the shimmer was a bit too much, but the foundation kind of overpowers the shimmer and makes it look natural so that Iím left with glowy, not greasy skin. I apply with a foundation brush or the 187 depending on how I feel. I then proceed with concealer and powder. Iím not a fan of the packaging. They should make this a pump foundation because sometimes, itís a bit hard to control how much product comes out. Throughout the day, Iím left with really great looking skin and even though it takes less than five minutes for me to put on my foundation, itís a little bit more work than Iím looking for. So, until I find something that provides what the SFF does minus a little work required on my part, I will continue to use this. Also, a primer makes a big difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ah63

I really like this foundation: it covers well my acne scars, lasts through the day (with the help of blot powder), minimizes my pores, and is yellow toned. But the most frustrating thing is that I am right in between NC 25 and NC 30. So I bought NC 30 but I can only use it in the summer when I have a tad more color. If they had my exact color, this would be pretty close to HG material. I have stuck with my Estee Lauder Double Stay in Sand for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeBlush

I have an oily t-zone. This product feels less oily than other foundations out there at the drugstores. However, it still feels oily-- but the Mac consultant told me to put the Blot Powder over it and it works wonderfully. My face doesn't turn oily or greasy when I use the foundation under the Blot Powder. So, definitely grab both of these items together if you have acne prone skin or an oily t-zone. Otherwise, you will probably break out because oils build up no matter how much a brand claims that their products won't break you out. You have to have something that extracts the oils that come out of your pores and the Blot Powder over this foundation definitely does the trick! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this liquid foundation. I'd been using MMU for the past year and a half, but with drier skin, and consistently more flakies (Accutane/Retin-A Micro), i can't getaway with it as easily, no matter how much i moisturize (and i do mean 3 coats of moisture in the AM). So i needed a good liquid MU that would cover my acne scars, is oil free, and doesn't smudge too much. After testing several different brands, this is the one I'm sold on. Of course the coverage could be heavier for me, even though I'm told i don't need it. But it's the best compromise i can come up with. My biggest gripe is the lack of pump on the bottle. I otherwise like it a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by karmacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a horrible experience with this foundation! Although it gave good coverage, it left my face looking powdery, somewhat cakey-looking. Also, after a few hours, my skin looked insanely shiny with an orange tinge! Not attractive at all! Unlike Select (which matches my skin tone perfectly) it did not make me break out, but I could never manage to look natural with this stuff. I guess MAC foundations and I just don't mix.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ScorpioSyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got a sample of this today and I thought this stuff would be great but it actually makes my skin feel dry and doesn't give that best of coverage compared to my Lancome foundation. I have red undertones so I need something that will work for it. I've noticed though that a lot of people who use this foundation are acne prone and I'm not so it may work for you if you're prone to acne. That's just my opinion though.