April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2004 2:11:00 AM More reviews by darkmuffet

I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts on my chin area with drier patches on my cheeks in cold weather. I was not impressed with this cleanser. I had heard a lot of hype about it and thought I would try it. I thought that it was very pricey and did not do any more for my skin than regular drugstore type cleansers. It left my skin feeling tight and I had more breakouts than usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by NoraL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail AM cleanser -- perfect for the morning, when you don't need to remove makeup but still want a fresh, clean canvas to start the day. I throw a little on a Wonder Cloth every day in the shower, and love the way my skin feels afterward. Clean, but not tight. Soft, but not oily. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 5 months now. A little goes a long way. I've never been one to buy expensive cleansers but I had a gift certificate so what the heck. I'm happy I got this. This takes away all my makeup and leaves my skin nice and soft. Contrary to other reviewers I like the way this smells. It smells very clean and a little like eucalyptus. Definate repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by alexmain

I didn't like the smell of this stuff at all, and it was very difficult to lather. It felt more like a very thin lotion than a cleanser, and it didn't lather that much more than a lotion! I received this as a gift along with other philosophy products, and I would not purchase this. It is also very expensive. It did make my face feel nice, but it's no different than an ordinary cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad at all! I was skeptical since the other "high end" cleanser I tried (Aveda line) made me break out. I got the sample size as part of a Christmas present. My skin has been a bit crazy this winter, combination and itchy. This cleanser made my face feel squeaky clean without that tight dry feeling after washing -- and since I can cut out toner, I think it's helped my skin calm down. I've been using this with the Hope in a Jar and my skin's really evened out and stopped breaking out. Wonderful results, now if only it weren't so expensive...**UPDATE** 5/21/04: With the warmer weather (and my therefore oilier skin) this no longer rinses clean :( One lippie off because this is great for when my skin is drier, but apparently can't handle when it's oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by shopstomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far this cleanser has worked better for me then any that I have tried. And believe me, I have tried a lot. This cleanser removes absolutely every trace of makeup, including eyemakeup, from my skin. I have a problem with blackheads and this has greatly helped to get rid of those too, something I cannot say about any other cleanser. Cetaphil cleanser does not even compare to this as someone else suggested. Cetaphil does not remove my makeup at all, without a couple of washings and it did nothing for my blackheads. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 2:20:00 AM More reviews by theunblonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail cleanser. I have rosacea, so my skin is somewhat sensitive. This takes off my makeup, leaves my skin soft but not filmy, and cleans off oil but does not strip. My fiance likes it too-- so it's a winner both ways!

I noticed a MUAer said that this was "just like cetaphil"-- I disagree. I used cetaphil for quite a while, and though it does an adequate job of cleansing in the morning, when (hopefully!) you don't have makeup on, it does not have enough detergent properties to cleanse away makeup. Though cetaphil IS significantly cheaper, I consider this a superior product simply because I don't have to remove my eyemakeup before cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 6:26:00 PM More reviews by zerodatura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser that leaves your skin soft and smooth. I have never noticed a residue on my skin after using it, and it even takes off my mascara and eye makeup without irritating my eyes. It's great stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MissDeeeeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is amazing! I used to be a huge fan of Cetaphil, but this has officially taken it's place of honor. It totally removes my makeup without leaving my face feeling tight and dry. I also like that it has a creamy consistency and still foams a bit. I bought the 8 ounce bottle, which has a flip-top lid, for $20. This is going to be a staple in my skincare regime for all seasons. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 6:23:00 AM More reviews by SkyCandyGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend of mine with beautiful skin told me this is what she uses so I thought I'd splurge and give it a try. It's so worth the price! It removes eye makeup, and leaves skin so soft . . . and you don't need a seperate toner. I am not too fond of the scent of philosophy products, including this one, but the cleanser is so great I will use it from now on.