July 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 9:10:00 AM More reviews by tasty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite cleanser that I have ever used. It's very mild, and while the scent is not so desirable, it makes my skin feel like it's clean without being overly dry. I will be using this until I die!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2004 12:19:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didnīt remove my eye makeup and smelled weird. Didnīt like the texture either. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I was dubious about trying it out because I have dreadful skin - sensitive, oily, dehydrated combined with adult acne. All my skin problems have been kept at bay with an Erno Laszlo regime, but affordability is a problem for me. I have been using this cleanser for about a month now,combined with hope in a jar moisturiser, and nothing else. My skin has never felt or looked better. Not one single break out, no blackheads, no sensitivity, no dry patches and no oil either. Its amazing. If you are prone to spots like me, then the trick I learnt from the facialist Eve lom, is never moisturise open pores or active breakouts. With these philosophy products, it works. I am a total convert, and I can honestly say that for the first time in about ten years, my skin is make up optional.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by teenycat2

I bought this stuff for the first time and used it all up. It didn't really do anything, but I thought it was okay. After I finished, I started using another cleanser, and boy, did I notice a difference!! I was breaking out all over the place!! So, I went back and had no problems. Used it up again, tried another, and broke out again. I keep coming back to this stuff, so I guess this is my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 1:46:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is a cleanser that is a three in one product: removes makeup, toner, and facial cleanser. Personally, this was not a good makeup remover. Also, the texture is similar to Cetaphil (non-foaming). Personally I like a foaming cleanser that makes my skin slightly taut (Dr. Brandt's Poreless cleanser, Darphin's Purifying cleanser). I really don't know why this has a cult following!!! Not bad, but not great either!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lilredbone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this cleanser. The first time using it, I loved it so much that I couldn't stop touching my skin. Now, it just works so, so. I think the fragrance is starting to bother me. Anyways, it does remove makeup well and doesn't dry me out. I guess I'll keep using it until I find something else. Update: I stopped using this for about 2 months. I've recently started using it again and my skin looks better only after a couple of days. I'll never go without this cleanser again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think philosophy products are highly overrated. I don't feel that this cleanser is doing anything that any drugstore cleanser can do--on first few usage, there was a kinda tingly feeling (the kind you get from noxzema) and then the third day, the tingly turned to stingy sensation and redness...most odd, must be allergic to some of its myriad of ingredients..nothing very "pure" about this cleanser...don't care for the smell, the greasy slimy texture--i recommend a sample!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I dont see whats so great about this cleanser- it didnt remove all my makeup but I felt dry and stripped afterwards anyway! Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about a month now and I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my very sensitive skin has responded to it. My holy grail cleanser is Noxzema - I can fully attribute my relatively breakout-free complexion to it. But every now and then I have the urge to try something new and different, which is really a risk with skin like mine. Anyway, this stuff is pretty good for something that doesn't look like a cleanser! It's thin, liquidy, non-foaming and has an herbal smell (which at first made me so uncomfortable because I was just so sure I would break out). But surprisingly, my skin held up and it held up well. It's become noticeably smoother, softer and more baby-like, for lack of a better term. I think I could get accustomed to using this all the time, although I don't think I will give up my Noxzema, which has been a staple since I was in junior high school. This is more like my second choice cleanser, and one I am really pleased with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by desida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so much. In fact, I was wanting to try it so badly that, when all of my swap requests for it were rejected, I actually went out and paid full price for a bottle. I never pay $20 for any cosmetic product unless I'm certain I'll love it, and, going by the reviews here, I was sure I would. Alas! Every time I washed with it, my face felt so tight that I could feel my cheeks moving every time I raised my eyebrows. Plus, it didn't even take off the very light amount of makeup I usually wear to work. Ugh. Back to Nordstroms it went. I did like the lightly creamy consistency, which is why it got a 2 instead of a 1. continued >>