October 22, 2014 | 1417 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by WindyCityGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a try, so I bought the little $10 bottle-

I started using a sample of it on Wed, and I bought on a Friday- On Monday my face had welt like dots, that hurt and were red! Just horrible-
I am lucky to have normal skin, so this was so scary for me- I decided to stop using it and went back to my favorite soap and things are calm now-It's taking awhile for these bumps to go away-There is nothing in them, almost like a mosquito bite!

DO NOT GET THIS if you have sensitive skin-It strips the skin and there is something in there that is not good for the face-

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by moosie

i *really* like this product. i've used it on and off, but now it's my only cleanser and it does such a good job of leaving me super clean. i'm ok with it not foaming up too much (which is saying a LOT!) and the scent isn't so bad.. i love the feeling afterward even though it is a teeny bit drying -- and it's very effective in keeping away the greasies/acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl7

I not only LOVE this cleanser, I actually like the smell! This stuff makes my skin SO soft; the first time I used it I couldn't believe how great my skin felt! The Philosophy line is kind of pricey, but after using the Jump starter kit for a month, I think I'm hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2004 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jewel911

I reorder this product all of the time. It is very mild!!! No harsh chemical scent or burning feel as with other cleansers. I use it along with Hope In A Jar and I am not an expert on skin care, however I feel that it keeps my skin fresh daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sassywriter

I'm going through my second bottle of Purity cleanser and I've never repurchased any cleanser. Since High school I've never been able to stick to one cleanser...but then I met Purity. I'm not saying this cleanser is miraculous or anything like that, just the best I've come across so far. I have combination skin--oily T Zone and cheeks that are so dry they sometimes peel...horrid!! Purity for me is both gentle and effective. It doesn't strip my dry areas and isn't too mild for my oily areas. I love it. It works in winter and summer for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by alladin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this as part of the Jump Start kit and it was small enough to travel with...it was also drying enough to make my face peel. It was really irritating to my skin so I wouldn't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 4:15:00 AM More reviews by dancingfrog

I love this cleanser, but wish it wasn't so pricey. A 16 oz. bottle costs about $30, and an 8 oz. about $20. A little does go a long way, though. A great way to try this is in the Jump Starters kit. The smell is essential oils of sage and sandalwood (among others). So, it does have that woodsy, incense vibe. I have sensitive, combination skin and have had no problems with drying or sensitivity. I've been using it for about 4 months now, and will continue to do so. Shop around for the best deals. Many online retailers carry this as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this unusual cleanser, but I liked it enough to want to buy it again. The texture, consistency, and smell of this stuff remind me of cheap body lotion, and it won't lather at all unless my face is absolutely filthy from working in my garden all day. But, it cleans off the dirt without stripping my skin or making it feel "tight" and overly dry. This stuff really is unlike anything I've ever used before, and I would recommend getting a sample of it first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is, Thank Goodness I've used all this up now and will never have to use it again! I used this for 4 months last year hoping my skin would get used to it since so many raved about it. I spent even more money on acne treatments. This definitely isn't the line for me. Almost everything I've tried isn't what I expect from this price range! I went back to my beloved HABA & DHC skincare lines and never will look back! I don't know why I do that to myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lizziehan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

like most women, i'm always in search of "perfect" skin care products. when i bought Philosophy Purity online, i had no idea what i got myself into. first, the price was a put-off. then it's the not knowing whether it would suit my dry/sensitive skin. to my surprise, it didn't leave my skin dry like most cleansers out there. great cleanser and one bottle lasts forever. probably the best investment i've ever made.