October 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by articia527

I love everything MAC makes, and this is no exception. I've been using it for years as my purse makeup. By purse makeup I mean it's my go to for touch ups when I'm out. My skin is combination-dry so I can't use it all over my face but it's good for the t-zone and good to touch up a blemish or other such imperfections.There's a color for literally everyone. Oh MAC. Oh oh MAC. How I love thee.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sjsharkslover

I seem to like to review bad things than good things for some reason ehehehe. Anyways I used this a longtime ago and retried it. It is absolutely the worst product that I have ever used. This broke me out so bad which is a rather tough feat considering I take accutane and NOTHING I mean nothing breaks me out (i use vaseline on my face at night!) as my skin is sooooooooo dry. This stuff is also very thick and not very fine milled so you end up with a cakey like face and it looks like you have a mask on even if you are perfectly color matched. I think that this will add to the cycle of breaking out: you are broken out so you put on something to cover it and then that breaks you out more. Also, the smell to this powder is atrocious. I use the Chanel Dual Perfection or whatever the heck it is and that works a lot better. This has a great package as it is small, but alas, it is kinds cheap feeling on the skin and seems to have some not so hot ingredients!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ne0ndice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a NC35 a while back, but forgot about it since I was too dark. Now that I am at my palest during the winter, I have gone back to using it. I absolutely love this product! I am acne prone and oily, but Studio Fix does not break me out. I use a kabuki brush to apply and buff the powder in.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Pamela76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I do not use it as a foundation - I use Bare Minerals. I use Studio Fix for touchups throughout the day. Since it is very heavy and meant as a foundation rather than pressed powder, I use a light dusting with a brush to touch up during the day. I don't even use the pad that comes with it. N3 and N4 are perfect shades for fair, pink/cool-toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

I first purchased this 3 months ago and tried alone it was awfull with my dry winter skin it made my skin feel dry and tight so I tried with moisturizer and a lightweight foundation and I love the look, I now repurchased a shade lighter for my lighter winter skin and I simply love it. It works well with the mac buffer blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Studio Fix awhile back, it had great coverage but I realized that it was a bit heavy. I broke out after using this and I barely break out from using any facial products. It seemed a little too cakey as well, resulting in an overly done face. I can see how this foundation would work good under cameras like photoshoots but not for everyday use. Overall this was too much for me, I'm not sure if I just didn't know how to apply it but I don't really bother to try it out again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used MAC's Studio Fix back in '99 when I was in college. I like it at first, but then realized it was not for me. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give this product another go. I had forgotten why I didn't really like it and this week, I was reminded. This product goes on well and covers my acne prone skin well but after an hour or so, my skin looks streaky and the makeup looks clumpy on my nose and chin. Also, if I have any dry patches, i.e. my forehead, the powder settles and looks bad. Basically, when I initially apply it and for an hour afterwards, my face looks flawless. But as soon as my oil "bubbles up to the surface"again in hour two, my face is a big mess. I think this foundation is great for ladies with normal skin. I think oily skinned and dry skinned girls need to use something else. The packaging is wonderful and the color selection is fantastic though. I am sad this did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Utepchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year and it does an excellent job in controlling the oily areas of my skin. The only problem is that I have to apply a mosturizer right before i use it since it tends to make the dry parts of my face a little flaky. Overall I think it provides just enough coverage. I found that it is best when applied with the 190 MAC brush. I think I will try the liquid next to compare them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I used to use this stuff religiously - in fact, at age 16 this was the first foundation I ever touched. I'm not a huge fan of this stuff anymore for several reasons, and most notably that it looks unnatural on your skin. For daily wear I prefer foundations that will blend right in with your skin to make your skin look naturally flawless. You will NOT get this effect from StudioFix compact foundation. This stuff is rather dry, and probably bad news for anyone who is prone to dry/combination skin. It doesn't last all that long either - and I would find myself constantly having to retouch throughout the day.
Years later I ventured to try the StudioFix LIQUID foundation, and I must say, that stuff is one of the best foundations I've ever used. It will give you the matte finish (but not as fake as the one you will get from the powder), last a great deal longer, and make your skin look perfect in photos.

But as for StudioFix powder, I will not be touching that stuff again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by sami513

i have been using the product for about a week now, and so far i really like it. i have really bad acne pron skin (just like my mom did as a teen)
and i had been using Cover girl whipped foundation and found it felt like i was painting my face...so i had decided to give MAC a go
and i was a little worried about getting it at first because a lot of people had said it made them break out like crazy but i told myself you know what my skin sucks anyway why not give it a go so i went to my MAC counter and the MA helped me find the perfect color for me I'm N5 and it is the perfect match but i found that i love this product it gives great coverage and makes my acne look a lot less noticeable i use it on top of studio finish concealer and it looks great and since using it i haven't broken out so yay:)lol but anyways there is one thing i kinda don't like about it...it can look a little on the cakey side if your skin is dry in ares but it's ok because if you use a good moisturize before it looks just fine but i think if you want to try it you really should and not worry about what it did to other people because you skin is totally different then someone else's so give it a go and if you don't like it you can always take it back so that's a BIG plus:D