Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/19/2004 10:56:00 PM

this is seriously the right balance for my face. strong enough to clean it well, yet gentle enough to use as eye make up remover/cleanser.

it also doesnt dry out my combonation skin.

i hate to pay $2 an ounce, but i do because it works!

on 12/18/2004 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sensitive-Combination/Dry>> I was a devoted user of Olay's Sensitive-Skin cleanser for years until I was lucky enough to get a sample of this cleanser in a swap. What impressed me with this cleanser is it's ability to remove ALL makeup without leaving a residue or makeing your skin feel tight. Not to mention, it cleans so well, I don't have to use a toner anymore. I have to admit that the cleanser does not have the best smell or taste (somewhat chemical in smell) but it gets the job done perfectly for me. When first applied, you may think it's not cleaning because it doesn't foam/lather. However, once you rinse; the makeup is gone! Because it cleans so well, I am willing to forgive the scent and use it exclusively. It might be a bit pricey but I am saving money by not buying toner to remove last traces of makeup. No breakouts, no greasies, no fuss! I will continue to repurchase!

on 12/14/2004 8:10:00 PM

I love this cleanser because it does its job. I've oily/combination skin and I don't feel it's too drying or too oily, and best of all, my face feels clean after using just a tiny drop. Although forking out money to buy it is painful but it's well-worth. Think of the money you save on toner and make up remover. This cleanser does it all!! The only complaint I have is that the bottles do not come with a pump.

on 12/7/2004 7:45:00 PM

I use this to wash my face and take off my m/u at night. It works well; just a little bit removes all traces of my makeup. It's gentle, which is important for those who have sensitive skin like me, although it did sting a little when I accidently got some in my eye. (I wear contacts.) I haven't experienced any breakouts since using this. My only problem with it is that my skin feels a little dry after using this. I have dry/sensitive skin for reference.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very good cleanser. The reason it gets a four instead of a five is that I notice my skin looks better if I only use this at night to remove my makeup. If I use it in the morning on bare skin it dries my skin out a bit. But using this at night with a seperate eye makeup remover and then using my Olay sensitive skin foaming wash has made my skin look really beautiful. I have combo/sensitive skin and this does a great job of removing all traces of makeup without stinging or irritating my skin. Good quality cleanser and the price really isn't that expensive :)

on 12/6/2004 9:42:00 AM

I have been using the deluxe sample of this from sephora for about a month now. I am pleasantly surprised by this. I have combination skin prone for break outs. It is very gentle, does not dry my skin and cleans my face. Most important, it does not irritate my skin at all. I am planning to buy the full size after I run out of the sample.

on 12/6/2004 2:00:00 AM

MY FAVE cleanser ! I have SUPER sensitive eyes & this has NEVER bothered them . Price is slightly pricey but well worth it !

on 12/3/2004 4:18:00 AM

I love this, It doesn't smear the makeup around your face like some cleansers do, The smell reminds me of something I used in High School I just can't remember what it is...my face is clean but not dry afterwards I have oily skin and I feel extremely clean after...I think It would be a good match for any skin type but that's just my personal opinion

on 12/1/2004 11:55:00 PM

I am also using the generous 2 oz. sample sent to me by Sephora. I really like this cleanser. It removes every stitch of makeup and it doesn't take a lot of product to do it. I have already bought the huge 16 oz bottle for when I run out of my sample. I will say that I can understand how this wouldn't work for those prone to breakouts as it does not leave a squeaky clean feel. I think it is for people that have normal to dry skin.

on 11/29/2004 1:49:00 PM

Beautiful stuff! It takes off all makeup, even waterproof mascara. I even like the smell- a slightly medicinal light floral scent. This is a great basic, no frills face wash, and I haven't found anything that's like it or comparable- high-end, drugstore or otherwise. I don't find that this strips my skin at all or leaves it dry, but I also tone and moisturize soon after washing. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and find that it does a great job of cleansing when used with facial brushes or just on its own. I've repurchased many, many times over the years and it is a regular and dependable staple.