October 21, 2014 | 1248 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2004 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mac84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am just finishing a bottle of this which lasted about 4 months. Here is what I like, it really cleanses without drying and I can take off eye make-up without burning. I do not like the scent which reminds me of some type of medicine that I can never quite figre out what I am smelling, the consistency is too watery, and it just pours out of the squirt hole. These two things are enough to keep me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Marlene5532

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG facial cleanser. Just the best. Tears through all my makeup at the end of the day. Leaves my face really clean. Gets out those annoying black dots on my nose. I have tried nearly every cleanser out there and this one is the best all around cleanser I have ever used. I will never let myself run out of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Allandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is an ok cleanser. I wish it were fragrance free though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this in my Miracle Worker kit. Although I like it and it seems to cleanse without stripping, it simply doesn't measure up to the rest of the philosophy line. My pores tend to get very clogged and Purity doesn't address this much. I would prefer a deeper clean. This strikes me as being no better than soap. It's basically just average. For this price you could probably do better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

Good stuff! I received this as a GWP in the "Exfoliate" set. I used it as a follow-up to "The Great Mystery" and it did a great job of removing all the leftover "stuff" in the product that I didn't want or need. I've used it alone to remove makeup and it took everything off without making my skin feel stripped. No leftover mascara or buring eyes. Product does not foam (which didn't bother me) and has a nice botanical fragrance. Rinses off well but you do feel a bit slick afterward. Overall I'm happy with this and will definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mommybuss

I really like this product! It takes off all my makeup including mascara! I stopped using this for awhile and broke out, within 2 days of going back to it my skin was glowing again! I will never stop using this again (I learned the hard way)! ;P I love all the Philosophy products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2004 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Marlene5532

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have tried many cleansers over the years and this is the first one that actually keeps the somewhat large pores on my nose really clean. No more of those little annoying black dots that drove me crazy trying to unclog. My skin is oily in the T-zone and dry around the eyes and cheeks and this cleanser works well in both those areas. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and not dry and tight right afterwards. Will not be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by pittsburghdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product on two different occasions and it made me break out with zits both times. It list "natural oil extracts" on the bottle so that is probably the reason. I have oily, rosacea skin, so I will stick to Dermalogica as my cleanser. I like the other Philiosophy products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! The first time I used it, I thought, no foaming action, I hate it. But then I read Cristina's (CEO) comments on it and it made sense. You need something to dissolve your makeup, not a foam to just push it around. This does dissolve and remove all my makeup and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. I use it every night and I love it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by petunia333

Absolutely LOVE this stuff! Come home and can't wait to wash my face. It removes all my makeup easily - feels great - and I even like the smell.