November 22, 2014 | 953 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by seulrich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this and loved it, but noticed I had to reapply constantly. My derma said it's because the menthol or whatever is in this actually dries your lips out more. He said to avoid lip balms w/ menthol and just use something simple like vaseline (which comes in a small tube for lips). I have dry skin to begin with so I now avoid this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by bluecaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Burt's Bees has the best lip balm out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Fragraance

I been reading a lot of great reviews on this product lately so I decided to buy it. I got the one in the little metal container for around $3.00 (Canadian) from Shoppers Drugs Mart.
It was a tad messy when you applied it with your fingers but there was more product in the metal container then the usual chapstick container. I think next time I might get it in the chapstick container just because it's less messy & the product won't get on my finger when I apply it.
I love this product, it is great as a lipstick/lipgloss base or just alone. It helps relief dry, chapped lips. Most people complain about the minty & waxy feeling. I on the other hand love the minty taste & the waxy feeling I also like. It makes my lips feel extra smooth. If you do not like the minty taste at all I suggest you not buy it. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by DillyDilly

I too bought this product because everyone raves about how great it is. And I too don't see what all the hype is about. It is a typical wax and petroleum-based lip balm that doesn't do much to actually heal the problem, but just soothe. The menthol feels great and is a good level of potency, but I found the product to feel very waxy on the lips, it gets weird with just a bit of heat (melts, gets greasy, separates, gets grainy), found it changed just by having it in my purse when at a baseball game on a hot day. I think there are products out there in the same price range that are more healing and ones at a cheaper price point that acheive the same results as this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kyubikitsy

As I've heard a lot of wonderful things about this lip balm, I was quite set on giving it a try on my most recent best-balm-for-me hunt. I picked up a tube from my local market and gave it a try.

The first thing that came to mind was the overly waxy feel of the balm spreading across my lips. I usually opt for slicker-type balms and that was my first disappointment.

Second disappointment was how dry my lips felt so soon after the application. I love mentholated products, but for some reason, this product really didn't work the way I hoped.

Third, there seemed to be something "grainy" in my balm which scratched my lip whenever I applied.

Sadly, this balm hit the bottom of my bag and probably isn't going to surface unless I'm out of my other stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by TL3031

Great lip balm. I keep a tube in my car, at work and in my purse at all time. I feel lost without it. Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

I really like this. I had the tube but I lost it! And I also have the tin. I much prefer the tube because its just easier to apply. I like the tingling sensation (normally I don't). And its very moisturizing. Way better then the Honey version. I would repurchase this in the tube form.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 1:26:00 AM More reviews by preciouzchild

love love love this product. there is simply nothing that is equal to this lip balm. it lasts a long time and is nice and tingly when applied, and i dont see how the scent could be offensive to anyone since its just a minty scent. it moisturizes better than anything else, and gets rid of dry chapped lips and definately prevents them. the tube is much more convienient for application so you dont have to put your fingers in the little tin. there is no other better lipbalm. and since its only about 2.5o to 3.oo theres nothing to lose

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 5:36:00 AM More reviews by tricky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Simply the best lip balm I've ever used on my perpetually chapped lips. There's nothing else to add that hasn't already been said.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Fluffyeskimo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff! It leaves my lips moist and soft. I would not recommend it to people who are allergic to bees. Their lips would puff up.