November 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HMmm... I like this product and since I don't wear make-up that often I don't break out from it. I would probably buy it again just b/c it's the first powder that actually matched my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by chingl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great coverage with this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by moiselle

Looks great when freshly applied BUT by the end of the day, the powder has turned orange on me! Who would want an orange face?!?!? Not only that … after I tried it for a week and had gone to get a facial, my esthetician commented that my pores were clogged! This was the only product I had switched during that time and I never had this many clogged pores before. Some people have no problem with pore clogging ingredients. My skin is very sensitive to those kinds of ingredients and gets clogged easily. Needless to say …. never again …

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Shawnte13

I love this product!! Hands down, studio fix is the best foundation. Even though I havent tried the other foundations in their line, which i plan to do soon, this foundation gives everything you need in a foundation. It gives complete coverage and it gives a dewy look. I use the both the sponge and a brush. I often use clinique moisture surge spray after i have applied it, because often it is dry applying it alone. The spray works miracles, it provides a glow and dewey finish. It tends to make your face look like it is refreshed just without all of your flaws. studio fix gives everything that is needed in a foundation!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this. I apply it with a big fluffy powder brush and it gives me full, yet soft and natural looking coverage. I go over it with more studio fix with the sponge under my eyes and on blemishes. Yes, it works well as a concealer, too. NC 15 is a perfect match for my pale, warm skin. I do not, however, like to apply it all over with the sponge, as it looks too cakey applied that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by anti_starlet

Love this stuff. It's a perfect match for my skin tone (C40). When I have time in the mornings I apply with the 187 - amazing, flawless application in less than 5 minutes. When I don't have time, I use the 129SH (short handle) on the go, but I don't like it. Fix this stuff with Fix+ and it looks amazing. So natural but perfect. It doesn't break me out either, but my skins pretty good. I would definitely purchase again, possibly HG everyday foundation...?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by heavylore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like lots of makeup on my face so when I tried out it out I liked the color but hated putting it on with the sponge applicator. It was just too heavy. Using a big brush did the trick for me for applying just the right amount of coverage without looking like I have make up on. The only problem I had with my compact was that it broke way too easily and quickly. I wasn't mistreating it or anything but watching months worth of expensive makeup get thrown into the trash because it was getting all over my purse was not pleasant at all. If I do buy it again, I'll be leaving it at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by xmakeupjunkiex

I have been using this product for about 4 years. (NC 25-30)It works very well for me.It has great coverage and lasts all day. I have dry skin so i just apply a good moisturizer first and i apply the powder with a brush. Please ladies throw your sponge applicator away! Using the sponge excessively contaminates the powder, then causes breakouts.Sponge hold lots of bacteria and there is no really good way of cleaning those either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a pretty good powder foundation... for a few hours.

Pros:
Nice light to medium coverage. (my face looked totally even the first days I used it, before it made me break out)
Good Color selection
Lasts a good 5 hours+ without fading
Price

Cons:
After 4-5 hours, your face will look very oily and the powder will look like it was floating on your face. Maybe its the fact that my face is kind of oily, or maybe, the powder just isn't absorbent enough.

It made me break out like crazy after 2 weeks of usage.
It gives the face a yucky shine after a while.

/edit:
I wont rebuy this. It makes me break out every single time I put it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I like Studio Fix a lot. it's nice when it melts into my skin after spraying fix+ and its perfect in summer. In winter my skin gets dry and it can look completely wrong with this powder (too matte)