April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pandarov

I like this. NC30 matches me well, provides good coverage, but can be a little heavy and cakey. Unfortunately I've noticed that every time I used this it has made me break out, so I will be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Trixxie6

I prefer a matte finish on my face and this definately provides that when you first apply it. I have fair skin with an uneven tone and like medium to full coverage. I like the smooth matte finish this provides, but I do get shiney mid-day and end of the day and have to reapply a couple of times throughout the day. The compact packaging makes it easy to take along with you and reapply, but I would be much happier if I didn't have to reapply so often. I may try the fluid version of Studio Fix and maybe use this over that. But that's a lot of expensive foundation to pile on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by NeekaDee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair, oily/acne prone skin with acne scarring and this product does a pretty good job covering everything by itself. I experimented applying this product with a wet sponge; and although it gave me absolute flawless coverage it did not last long as I would notice maybe a hour later that the powder would be patchy all over my face. The packaging is very handy but I prefer to use a compact powder puff rather than the latex sponge included. Studio Fix does not make my skin feel more oily and lasts without having to touch up much throughout the day. I agree that it is a little pricey; here in Australia it costs AUD$48! I very much like this product and will repurchase it as soon as I'm in a major city with a MAC counter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fkrowitz

Studio Fix powder foundation is so totally amazing!! I hadn't used it for a few years- ?? strayed to a liquid thinking I needed more coverage. Tried Lancome(too much$$), Clinique,(bad colors and too unnatural-looking, Bobbi brown (too much$$ and the SA are sooo pushy and annoying) So, I went back to MAC and foung the BEST foundation- the prefect color, perfect coverage(I'm combo/oily, little rosacea). It is totally amazing- try this- it lasts a long time and you can do light or heavier coverage if you like- easy to apply and a polished look.Love,love love it!!!!! .

Well, a year later I ;ve decided that this is not very good. It turns wierd on me- maybe I'm too oily- and it covers either too much or not enough depending on the application. Tried the Studio Fix liquid- MUCH BETTER. Natural-looking coverage and lasts. Thanks, Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

I have breakouts all the time. MAC Studio Fix powder is very good at covering them up. Gives a uniform coverage and can be built upon for spot touch ups throughout the day. Powdery/matte finish, but great coverage. Best I've used for a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jillaquino

I love that MAC has a wide range of shades. I have yellow undertone and NC25 suits me perfectly. I put on once in the morning with the sponge and stays on all day with minimal touch ups using a buffing brush. I've been to other brand counters and nothing beats the color. I really can't find anything as close to my MAC to my skin color. It sometimes feels like it was cusomized for me. Until I find a brand that's equally good as MAC, i don't think I'm switching.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lgdanver

I'm in TV, which makes this heavy coverage foundation perfect for me. I think it's better than any liquid. Although I believe it does clog my pores/cause breakouts if I leave it on too long. I use a brush for light coverage and the sponge for heavier coverage (right before I go on air.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HallyGirl22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years now and I love it. The coverage is simply amazing and I dont feel as if im covered in cake. It lasts a very long time and the range of colors is great. I can easily choose different colors for winter/summer when my skin tone deepens or lightens. Goes on smoothly and comfortable and does'nt drown you out. Only problem I find, is that as the compact ages the coverage lessens slightly. Overall great product and I highly recommend it for those who dislike liquid foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pantyhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: PPP, acne prone, oily t-zone, lots of left over red marks and scarring
NC15 matches me perfect! That's a major feat all by itself. It went on a perfect match and stayed that way; it didn't turn pink,orange,or yellow. However, the coverage is amazing too AND I looked awesome all day long. By awesome I mean, even when I started to have oily break through my pores still looked invisible! The pores on my cheeks closer to my nose usually start showing up big time when I start to get oily and I start to look a lil freaky. Sigh, I can't stress how much I love this! It completely had me hooked when I looked in my rear-view mirror in the car and saw how flawless it looked in the natural light. UPDATE: I don't use this that much. I only use it for touch-ups on long days or when I'm going out. It can look a little too chalky at times but I'm not in a rush to replace it either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My pores have been visible for as long as I can remember but other than that and the occasional milia, I have great skin for a gal pushing forty. Having said that, SFF is too darn heavy! It's opaque and makes me look like I'm revisiting the 80's. I got a good match with NW20 but unfortunately the color changes into that funky pinky-orangey foundation makeup shades reminiscent of the 60's, 70's and even 80's. I imagine this product to be outstanding for someone who needs full coverage because this stuff packs on really well. That's if they don't mind the color changing. Unfortunately, it's not for me. I have gone back to my old favourite and HG: Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder in Translucent.