Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/23/2005 9:59:00 PM

I am a stickler for cleansers that lather and this one doesn't. It does contain lavender which is a known skin irritant, in fact, the first time I used this, it made my face bright red. It did clean my skin really well, but I don't think I would venture to puchase this again. However, I do enjoy reading the labels which make one think they are at a family values seminar with their philosophical approach to skin care, thus the name.

on 1/23/2005 11:40:00 AM

The smell of Purity Made Simple isn't pleasant (it has a bitter, herbal/medicinal scent). And it leaves my face way too thigh. It's too drying for me. I have a combo skin, but my cheeks are a bit dry. It might works better for oilier skins.

The first couple of times I used it, my face seemed brighter, clearer, less ''dull'', but after a while, it came back to its usual dull look. I have experienced the same problem with some Philosophy products: they works very well at the beggining but my skin get quickly used to the product and after some time, it worsen my skin & my acne. :-(

I swapped my bottle a while ago and I won't buy it again. Not sure if I would buy another facial product from Philosophy (although I like Hope in a bottle, the treatment for adult acne). continued >>

I was very pleasantly surprised with this cleanser. Besides Cetaphil, it's the first thing I have found that doesn't irritate or break out my sensitive combo skin. This leaves my skin soft and smooth and I haven't experienced any redness or irritation from it. Some days I don't even feel like I have to apply moisturizer after cleansing, which is amazing in the dry winter! I didn't have any high hopes for this because most cleansers don't do anything for me, but I'm actually repurchasing this one!

on 1/17/2005 3:37:00 AM

i love this. it makes me feel clean and it does tighten up my skin which is something that i don't mind at all. i use this twice a day and don't ever see myself using anything else. it even smells fresh and clean.

on 1/16/2005 10:40:00 AM

Removes makeup like a dream. Face feels CLEAN! Makes my skin feel slightly tight only downside. I still have repurchased many times just for the makeup remover factor.

I think this is a great cleanser and will definitely repurchase. It cleans my combo skin wonderfully and doesn't leave it tight or with a filmy residue. I think it will make a great year round cleanser. The scent is not the greatest, but it's not overpowering. It's sort of an herbal or medicinal smell.

on 1/15/2005 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It washes off 99% of my makeup, including mascara, all at once. I use this whenever I am too lazy too use a makeup remover AND a facial cleanser, and it works very well. However, I wish it is truly fragrance free, but this light (lemony?) scent will do for now. It doesn't break me out. It may be just slightly drying for my combination skin, but nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. It is a little more expensive than what I would usually pay for a cleanser, but I will repurchase until I find something cheaper.

on 1/13/2005 3:56:00 PM

This product was a nightmare for me! I got some samples from another MUA member and used it one evening. An hour later my face felt tight so I washed it and used my regular cetaphil. The next morning I had red, rashy, bumpy breakouts all along my hairline and under my ears and chin. It was awful! I've never had such a strong reaction. I'm never trying Philosophy again - not taking any chances that I'll break out again!

on 1/11/2005 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not totally floored by it and it smells interesting and I probably won't buy it again as I really love the Caudalie foaming cleanser or the PC cleanser for dry skin

on 1/10/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i used a sample of this stuff, and, no offense to the people who love this stuff, it really sucked. I have combination skin that gets dry easily everywhere except the top of my nose, where it gets oily. This is NOT a cleanser for everyone. I used this a few nights and it left AN OIL SLICK on my face! My nose was oilier than before I used this. My skin felt gross and unclean and not right. This stuff also has a funky herb-y smell I really didn't like. The bottle is cute and the price could be worse, but this just isn't worth anything to me. I wouldn't even pay drugstore prices for this.