October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2004 3:52:00 AM More reviews by skinderella

I was about to rate this product, but then I read started reading the reviews. At first I was going to say that it was alright, but nothing special. But then I read the reviews and agreed that it does take off makeup and it leaves my skin feeling clean. Not only that, but it doesn't dry it out. It does what it's supposed to right?!?! It's a good product, but I'm still going to shop around for something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

Not bad.. but not as good as I expected either. Just your average liquid cleanser.. at least it didn't smell as bad as The Hope in a Jar!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by candiejm

My mother lives by the Philosophy products. She is on auto-delivery with some products through QVC and she gave me the rest of her old cleanser to try. I am 20 years old with uneven skin tones and also very oily and this product is great for its moisture effects but not so great for cleaning deep down into the pours or helping blemishes. For the price, it would be crazy for me to go out and purchase this product.This was a no go for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's an okay cleanser. Takes off mascara nicely, without irritating my eyes. But it's not all that, so to speak. I don't get the hype around this cleanser. It's part of my permanent rotation, simply because I love 'save me' and 'when hope is not enough' serums. I think its best to use products from the same line at the same time--but as a cleanser per se, its just so so. And like most philosophy products, "synthetic" or "chemical" immediately come to mind when I smell it. Now I do love several philosophy products, but only because of the results (the serums, the peels)--the smell of philosophy products leaves much to be desired. Same with this cleanser. For the most part, I just think this product is way over hyped.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products I return to again and again. I get bored, I stray - but I always come back. It's gentle but thorough - removes all of my makeup without stripping my (sensitive combination) skin. There are essential oils in here, so while the product is considered unscented I can definitely smell the rose geranium in this - which I like. These oils might make this a no-go for some skin types, but this cleanser works for me all year 'round - even in the summer, when my skin is oiliest.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:26:00 PM More reviews by my2boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser. Made my skin radiant after just a few days of using it. The smell is a little odd, but very easy to get used to. I used to be a Mary Kay girl, but Philosophy is what it will be from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product at Sephora in LA (the 4 oz size) and it worked great. It did not make me break out and left my skin looking wonderful and clear. Would definitely purchase again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kmail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this cleanser! My skin feels so clean, yet not dry! You don't even need to use an additional eye makeup remover - BONUS!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gonzo02468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this a pretty good cleanser. it does clean my face and take al the makeup residue, and it kind of moisturizes. all in all good product, but i had to take off one lippie because the texture is just too watery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. I love philosophy, but this cleanser is nothing fabulous, or even close. Alright, it cleanses. Eucerin could do that. Neutrogena could do that. Hell, Stridex could do it to. Yes, it's gentle. Yes, it takes off your makeup and doesn't sting your eyes. But all this "dissolving dirt" hype I don't buy. I have skin that is very prone to clogged pores and, while this did not instigate any breakouts, it didn't help manage them either. Yes, it's a decent cleanser all around, but nothing spectacular and not worth the price.