September 16, 2014 | 1480 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products I return to again and again. I get bored, I stray - but I always come back. It's gentle but thorough - removes all of my makeup without stripping my (sensitive combination) skin. There are essential oils in here, so while the product is considered unscented I can definitely smell the rose geranium in this - which I like. These oils might make this a no-go for some skin types, but this cleanser works for me all year 'round - even in the summer, when my skin is oiliest.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:26:00 PM More reviews by my2boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser. Made my skin radiant after just a few days of using it. The smell is a little odd, but very easy to get used to. I used to be a Mary Kay girl, but Philosophy is what it will be from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product at Sephora in LA (the 4 oz size) and it worked great. It did not make me break out and left my skin looking wonderful and clear. Would definitely purchase again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kmail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this cleanser! My skin feels so clean, yet not dry! You don't even need to use an additional eye makeup remover - BONUS!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gonzo02468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this a pretty good cleanser. it does clean my face and take al the makeup residue, and it kind of moisturizes. all in all good product, but i had to take off one lippie because the texture is just too watery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. I love philosophy, but this cleanser is nothing fabulous, or even close. Alright, it cleanses. Eucerin could do that. Neutrogena could do that. Hell, Stridex could do it to. Yes, it's gentle. Yes, it takes off your makeup and doesn't sting your eyes. But all this "dissolving dirt" hype I don't buy. I have skin that is very prone to clogged pores and, while this did not instigate any breakouts, it didn't help manage them either. Yes, it's a decent cleanser all around, but nothing spectacular and not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2004 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mac84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am just finishing a bottle of this which lasted about 4 months. Here is what I like, it really cleanses without drying and I can take off eye make-up without burning. I do not like the scent which reminds me of some type of medicine that I can never quite figre out what I am smelling, the consistency is too watery, and it just pours out of the squirt hole. These two things are enough to keep me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Marlene5532

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG facial cleanser. Just the best. Tears through all my makeup at the end of the day. Leaves my face really clean. Gets out those annoying black dots on my nose. I have tried nearly every cleanser out there and this one is the best all around cleanser I have ever used. I will never let myself run out of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Allandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is an ok cleanser. I wish it were fragrance free though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this in my Miracle Worker kit. Although I like it and it seems to cleanse without stripping, it simply doesn't measure up to the rest of the philosophy line. My pores tend to get very clogged and Purity doesn't address this much. I would prefer a deeper clean. This strikes me as being no better than soap. It's basically just average. For this price you could probably do better.