MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the first time I reviewed this product, I really didn't explain why this is such a great foundation/powder.

I was using bare minerals loose mineral makeup foundation before with the kabuki and flawless face brushes. Also, I followed exactly what the instructions stated...to swirl, tap, and buff. However, I found myself doing each step 1928371298 times a day to achieve the same sheer coverage I had in the beginning of the day. I thought it was buildable but ended up being meaning I had to build my coverage more and more through the day for it to reappear. It was horrible travelling with the brushes and 4 little jars that make a huge mess in my makeup bag. It was just too much too handle and became such a hassel.

I converted to MAC STUDIO FIX FOUNDATION/POWDER. Man this is now my HG of foundations. I have used many and have always been a powder girl. Tried liquid and it did not work with my oily skin. But this works magic. I always get compliments about how my skin looks flawless and soft and sometimes people ask if I am wearing makeup. It's such a difference. I also use MAC's prep + prime spf 50 after moisturizing my face and I swear this glides on so smoothly and my face feels soft a few hours later. I have naturally oily skin so I always tend to get oily through the day...actually everyone does. But for the amount of coverage I put and with a good primer, it lasts for a long time. Buildable coverage with the right brush...I use my 187 from MAC for sheer coverage and for more I use my buffer brush I got from coastalscents.com which is great. It's a great foundation for those who are also travelling. It's just ONE compact which comes with a sponge for touch-ups (although I prefer using a retractable brush you can buy from target or sephora.)

I mainly bought this for convenience and it has really fulfilled that concern I had for a long time. However, it is all that a more. Just go to your friendly nearby MAC counter and have the MUA try different shades on. This foundation is the one that has the more broader range of colors to match every skintone. So please if you're like me, using mineral loose makeup and can't hang with 32948723 steps to get nice looking skin...try this. With the right shade (and you will find the perfect shade...just ask!) you can achieve a natural looking matte face.

I can't explain how I love this product...I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I use studio fix C7 by itself for a natural look and over MK Bronze 507 for a made up look. Worn alone the C7 makes my skin very oily. I have dry/normal skin. I don't reccomend this product for people with oily skin, even though that's who the SA say it is for. I continue to use it because it provides good coverage and is buildable. As soon as I find another powder foundation that provides the same level of coverage, I will no longer purchase. Update: My moisturizer was making me oily not the Studio Fix. So, I have switched moisturizers and still use the C7. I love it, becuase you can go from bland to grand in 30 seconds and I can "do my face" in the car. Just hit pan and will repurchase soon.

Love it !!! Provides great coverage. Good price ($25) .. would repurchase!

Ive been using this product since like forever, and I really think is a classic. Ive noticed that almost every celebrity has it, and almost everybody I know. It covers everything since is a really heavy powder, the only cons I find in it is that if you have dry skin this powder is not going to be your best ally. Anyway, give it a try. Is worth it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For some reason, MAC products have always seemed to break me out horribly when it comes to the face, especially the Studio Fix collection. I never break out, and my skin is pretty clear for the most part, but as soon as I started to wear this, I got these nasty pimples all over my face which would really hurt, and my skin wherever the makeup was, would itch. Very uncomfortable. However, I can't judge a product on how it reacts with my skin since everyone happens to be different. All around, Studio Fix is a classic. It isn't too expensive for a foundation, and it does give you a lovely, matte finish when you use it. It covers nearly everything but the staying power isn't very nice. It does transfer. The packaging is my favorite, though. It is so cute, and very good for anyone to stick in their bags. But beware, after avid use the compact gets a bit loose, which means that the product may open and cause your handbag to become a disaster. Overall, Studio Fix is a nice foundation if you don't plan on wearing it everyday (wash it off as soon as you're done with your day, NEVER sleep in it) since it offers such great coverage, but if you're sensitive like me, it's best to stay away from MAC face products and try something lighter. MAC is more for theatrical purposes, I think.. Or people working on camera. It is very heavy and isn't what to try if you like your skin looking like it doesn't have any makeup on.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first it was great, but a bit too matte for me. After a while, I broke out as it really clogs pores!

THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!! when I first went to my MAC store i need a foundation that will absorb the oil on my skin, have a natural look and doesnt brake out my skin. wlel i got it in this product. its silky smooth and it a portable compact in which I like. it doesnt make my acne blemishes cakey and cause breakputs also this foundation evens my skin and blends beautifly with neck so i dont get that "Mask" look. also it didnt run off my face in the middle of day lother foundations. this foundation works well with MAC's Select Cover Up concealer. Also since I'm fair skinned(in studio fix my fountiaon color is C3) i dont look like dead or a ghost. ablsolutely will i be buying this again when I run out :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Word on the street is that MAC foundations tend to break their users out. Not in my case, thankfully. This has been my foundation for almost six years now and I've attempted to stray from this product like a good boyfriend, I always come back running to it after a bad relationship with another product. I've tried liquids, creams, sticks, water-activated, and even tinted moisturizers and this one is certainly at the top of my list. And to my astonishment, my skin hasn't broken out because of this product's usage even with my hypersensitive facial region, this has managed to be friendly enough to create a pact with it.

This is highly recommended for people with oily to oily combination skin. Those who have fairly dry to very dry skin may want to stray from this as it may accentuate flakiness and dull patches in the skin. There has been one effect I do notice about this product is that when it sets, it will shift one half to one shade darker than when it is first applied because it mixes with the natural oils in the skin and is exposed to oxygen, therefore resulting in a tad bit darker pigment. For $25.00, this is completely reasonable considering the hundreds of uses I manage to get out of this compact and when you compare it to Laura Mercier's $40.00 powder foundation (also another great selection), Laura Mercier manufactures only half the size for almost double the price.

The texture is velvety and smooth so it easily adheres onto a sponge and buffed into the skin but it looks quite better when applied with a large round powder brush and buffed in circular motions. This may get a bit oily mid day or after a few hours of use but that's nothing a blot film/tissue or translucent powder can't fix. This is the only powder foundation that molds into my skin that actually looks like skin because of the variety of color selections and the even applications it delivers. Until I find anything better than this MAC foundation, MAC will be seeing me at their counters for quite a while.

I love this product! It works as a concealer, powder and foundation all in one-it's all i ever use on my skin. I have fairly normal skin and i'm young so no wrinkles, but whenever i get a pimple it covers it brilliantly. It's not cakey unless you put too much on or put it on badly. It also blends well with your skin - i never use it all over my face, just in problem areas. Warning though- don't drop it, the powder will break into pieces. I dropped my handbag when my studio fix was in it and it was a total disaster-powder all over my handbag and the powder was all broken.

in my opinion this powder was just pretty much a ohkayish powder because its gives not amazing coverage but somewhat coverage like yu can tell that im actually wearing powder, super not natural. its not cakey. its makes yur skin feel smooth, not look smooth. and for example if yu had a mole on yur face or a giant ugly freckle and yu JUST wear it it will make that freckle/mole powdery ya kno? it does a pretty good job at staying there(:

i didn't think my money here was a waste for 20 something dollars , cos its good in a way and by in the ways i wanted it to be. so overall its goood powder if yu have nothing to cover but only uneven skintone or just TINY TINY freckles(: and another good thing is if yu have VERY VERY VERY dried skin in some areas most powders will make it appear MORE dry and cakey, and this one will not so its just not natural and super powdery but other than that its good(:

EDIT: >.>" broke me out, i started using it EVERY day since my select sheer (the only powder that gives a flawless, not cakey, powder that does't break me out) not like OMG crazy breakout, but i did get 3 pimples in total here and there on my face after each use, i stop sometimes. but idk >.>" maybe its just me?(:

Video Reviews & Tutorials