MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/22/2008 12:14:00 PM

I loved, loved, loved this, but even the lightest shade is way too dark for me. No caking on my oily skin around my nostrils or chin crease and an o.k. coverage for my rosacea. I used a flat stipling brush to apply it dry. I like pressed powder foundation so much more than loose. I gave it 4 lippies because of the limited shade range.

on 3/22/2008 2:05:00 AM

This provides great coverage and fits my skin color very well (NC25) but it tends to make my dry skin very cakey looking. This eventually happens even after applying moisturizer beforehand. Sometimes there are problems with oxidation so the color of the foundation distressingly changes during the day. I find that using a foundation brush rather than sponges helps to lighten the coverage so your face won't look like a mask.
The compact looks like it will last me several months, but all in all, I find that I prefer more sheer powder foundations and will not likely repurchase.

on 3/22/2008 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this product okay, it was smooth and nice to feel. But and my skin look all cakey and it was very powdery.

on 3/22/2008 12:24:00 AM

Studio Fix was the first MAC product that I bought...and so the addiction began. I have combination skin and I live in L.A (where the weather is some-what crazy!) so I just loved that it fits in your purse/wallet/clutch it is awesome. I am an NC32 and it just works soooo well with me. I'm lost without it!! =]

on 3/21/2008 9:27:00 PM

I dont think its quite a good one actually
when the first couple of days i used it, i think its ok. then later on i found after i apply this powder, my face look fakey. And I m not the person to wear thick make up. So I would prefer powder which is more shiney, more transparent feel.

on 3/21/2008 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have used this since MAC became MAC and i have always had good results with this product. I would always have a supply of this in my make up line up.

on 3/21/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I never really liked wearing makeup because i tried liquid foundations and never liked them. I only have a little redness, but it's not that bad. A few months ago, one of my friends told me just to try a powder, MAC studio fix powder foundation. I finally have it and i like it. At first when i put it on i could notice it because it was lighter then my complextion, but after a while it wasn't noticeable. So if you want to try a powder makeup with some coverage, i would reccomend it.

on 3/16/2008 2:49:00 PM

I thought it was ok at first, but when I tried it with fix + it was great. I got the glow in my skin back.

so you have to have fix +, if you use this.

on 3/16/2008 7:21:00 AM

Studio Fix has a lot of problems but it's great for someone who doesnt have the time to carefully apply their makeup at home and want something quick to hide their few flaws on the train.

I think the effectiveness of the makeup really depends on how you apply the makeup. Studiofix is definitely not as effective without the help of a primer. After my moisturiser, I apply strobe cream - half the size of your average pinkie is more than enough - and then use a wedge sponge to apply the makeup. Make sure you regularly change and wash the sponges. Applying makeup with old sponges did nothing for my look and more importantly, my skin.

Admittedly, Studiofix is not great when you're breaking out. It can cover redness and one or two pimples and the coverage is quite good, but I found that when my skin was bad, Studiofix didn't do much to hide the flaws. Also, and this my biggest qualm - it actually appears orange sometimes - ORANGE! ugh.

Besides from that, I think Studiofix is really functional and long lasting. One compact lasts me about 9 months - and I use it 4-5 times a week! When applied correctly, I've had many compliments about the flawlessness appearance of my skin. While it's not a HG, it's defeinitely worth it for the price paid and the functionality, the convenience and the results.

on 3/14/2008 5:28:00 PM