December 19, 2014 | 1070 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by underpaidkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i'm really oily and it's hard to find a liquid that will stay all day. my color is NC20 and i'm really yellow undertone. for my oiliness i just use Coty Airspun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. Im NC15 in MAC, #20 in MUFE mat velvet ( im pale but with strong yellow/olive undertones ) This foundation is like 2nd skin to me. I have combination leaning towards oily, acne prone skin. My acne includes: *blackheads, clogged pores, pimples, and im very cystic acne prone* This is one of the few foundations I can use with sunscreen that does not give me the slightest bit of a break out. The coverage is thin to medium, buildable. Its finish is satiny smooth, not leaving you powdery or greasy. I do not use concealer on my face while using this, instead I layer this alone for coverage to act as my concealer, and it works great. As you can see from my pictures im ultra pale, have lots of redness in my skin, and discoloration from past acne I have to hide with foundation- this foundation does that for me. Studio Fix Fluid lasts all day on me! I set it with MUFE mat velvet pressed powder and people are finally telling me my skin looks great. I actually like the studio fix fluid better then the MUFE mat velvet (people say they are similar) I find fix fluid looks more natural, lasts longer, gives better coverage, doesnt show up dry spots as much, and obviously is cheaper, and easier to get your hands on. I cant say enough & highly recommend. For reference Ive asked MAC live artists about this foundation, and they said its the best foundation for oily/acne prone skin that they have to offer, and I agree. *quick note* The fix fluid works great alone without powder as well. I choose to set it because its very humid here in the south & I have an oilier t-zone but used alone or with even a drugstore powder to set- it works fab! Update May 7/09 I still use this everyday , its amazing. I get non stop compliments on my face, and I actually have tons of redness and acne scars. Loveeee this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

About two years ago, I tried this foundation on and hated it. Due to its matte finish and the wrong color match, my first attempt at this foundation made me look way too made up. I looked like I had too much makeup on.

I went back to MAC recently to give this product this out again and told her my MAC Select Tint shade. Again, I got the same, fake makeup result.

The MA then decided to try a different shade and swatched some cool and warm colors at my jawline. Lo and behold, the foundation that worked best was two shades lighter and in a different color group.

She even had a second opinion from another MA. The results were like night and day. I really didn't look like I had makeup on. This is much more versatile than other MAC foundations, as I can build, dilute, or add shimmer to achieve the results that I desire. I'm very happy with this purchase.

(edit: I had to take off some stars because I think it's causing some breakouts.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by velektronika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. Not a HG though. This foundation lasts 8hrs on me. I have very oily skin. I'm glad that it doesnt cause breakouts, as Studio Fix powder did. I love applying it w/ MAC 109 brush. It looks like my foundation was airbrushed. I do need to use something else to control the shine, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone and (dare I say) starting-to-age skin with some scars/hyperpigmented blemishes that need med-full coverage. Being asian, yellow tone foundation is a must. I am quite pleased with the range of shades MAC offers and to date, after 4 months of use, have not had breakouts...on top of usual hormonal flareups. Coverage is pretty good, no problems applying; coverage is better when applied with clean fingers/foundation brush vs. sponge. Not my HG. With my skin's transition to the maturing phase, I'm more in search of light diffusing, moisturizing foundation...I'll be leaving a review for Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation after this entry to address this latter issue. UPDATE: LM broke me out so I'm back to using this daily, esp in summer when SPF is a must. NC30 is a good match in summertime but looks a little too orange in winter when I get no sun. I like to mix this with NC25 in a pot so I can customize the foundation color. This is the easiest foundation for me to apply in the morning rush with nice coverage. OK, so it's close to being my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dispassionate

I love this foundation! I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I usually put foundation on when I'm looking particularly disgusting or for certain occasions (otherwise I'm too lazy to bother, haha). The color matches my skin tone perfectly (I use NC35) and a little dollop on a makeup sponge is enough to cover my entire face evenly. The main thing with this is to not put on too much and wear moisturizer underneath - too much will clog your pores and cause more acne. I've noticed, though, that I do break out more after wearing this all day for a long period of time, but only in warm, smoggy areas like L.A. I wore this foundation for a week in the east coast and no breakouts whatsoever.

In short, great coverage and consistency, but be sure to use in moderate amounts. If you're acne-prone, maybe don't wear it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by makjunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, and best of all it does NOT break me out. Its hard for someone with oily skin to find a foundation that has GOOD staying power. I tried so many brands and they all kind of seemed to disappear by middle of day.

I wanted something that does not look heavy, but has the ability to cover broken cappilaries on my nose and the occasional breakout = seach no more, i found it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by heyitskaren

I love studio fix! It isn't too heavy like some MAC foudations, and it doesn't clog my pores. What i found is that the people don't properly moisturize their face are the ones with flaking problems, I used to have that problem untill i exfoliated my face. My sister also uses this and she has sensitive skin and it does not break her out, although when she forgets to wash her face she does tend to break out (not because of studio fix, it's because she likes to touch her face). The shade on mine is perfect (NC42), and it makes my normal skin look flawless. I love love love this foudation. All i do is put on my moisturizer, wait for it to dry off and apply it with me SE 187 brush and it looks PERFECT. I've been using this for about one and a half months. It's somewhat pricy, but it's totaly worth it for a flawless face. Packaging is also a pain, i dont have that pump thingy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by 0471

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation alot, i had used the msf for a while and that foundation hada lil sparkle in it but once i got to this website i decided to go and try these, thier amazing but you have to apply light cos it can be heavy

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by yaya21

I used this for about a year, not the same bottle of course, but the formulation stopped blending well and I looked fake and made up.