MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 3/28/2008 7:17:00 AM

This is one of my HG products.i have medium skin tone with yellow undertones so i use shade NC42 IN THE LIQUID.if it helps i use shade pebble in double wear by eatee lauder.shade 50 naturel VITALUMIERE LIQUID by CHANEL. 6.5 IN armani.THIS IS PERFECT SHADE I USE THIS MORE ON OCCASSIONS SOMETIMES EVERYDAY WHEN I WANT TO LOOK MY BEST WITHOUT FAIL IT ALWAYS MAKES MY SLIGHTLY BLEMISH PRONE COMBINATION SKIN LOOK FLAWLESS .IT DOES NOT RUB OFF LAST FOR HOURS HOWEVER I TOUCH WITH MY BLOT POWDER IN MEDIUM SHADE BY MAC ABOUT TWICE IF ITS A PARTY OR OCCASSION.I APPLY THIS WITH WITH A SLIGHTLY DAMP SPONGE WHICH IS DAMPENED BY LUSH TEA TREE TONER OR DERMALICA MULTI ACTIVE TONER THEN USING THESE MAKES MY SKIN LOOK POLISHED AND FOUNDATION GOES ON GREAT.iF I WEAR everyday then i mix abit with my everyday moisturiser total effects by olay with spf15 or mac prep prime spf50.they work excellent with this foundation to give my skin lighter evn toned look when i wear light .
all the best girls is a good worth the money product to buy.I think this would suit more oily or combination or normal skins.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amaaaaaazing. It covers everything and stays on through EVERYTHING. No matter how the weather, no matter how much I sweat, through exercise, EVERYTHING, this foundation stays on until I wash it off. It gives a matte finish, and it's pretty heavy. It really helps to use a makeup sponge or a foundation brush to apply, or else it can look unnatural. I prefer to use this foundation for when I'm going out, not for everyday usage. i do like that it has SPF in it, so I don't have to use another sunscreen, which also saves me money =)

Definitely recommend!

I have combo skin and i used to get really dry on my cheeks and super oily on my tzone. this product doesnt break me out and doesnt create an oil problem. i LOVE it. its expensive (for me at least) but it is totally worth it. you dont use to much, or at least you shouldnt and it lasts a long time. LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 3/22/2008 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It pains me to say something bad about any MAC Product but I have to. I bought the MAC Studio Fix Fluid after hearing so many positive reviews, I've seen the way it looks on other people and thought i'd give it a try. I did, and it went disastrous. I suffered an allergic reaction, I don't know to what exactly, but it was the first time a foundation ever caused a reaction before.

So for those ladies with sensitive skin i would definitely do an allergy test before paying the 25 bucks to buy it. It's better to test on your arm than see the reaction on your face. ):

... i still love MAC though.

on 3/22/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used ALL the foundations in the market and this is one of the best I have ever tried.The coverage is very good medium to full but manages at the same time to look very natural.The finish is perfect also very healthy and natural.Blends very well,the shades are phenomenon the price very logical and the packaging great too.The staying power is excellent and it doesn't set into lines and wrinkles.It's an oil free foundation and has been made for oily skins so people with normal or dry skin don't buy this one it's not for you.Controls oil production well enough without being dry and heavy and keeps my face fresh and smooth all day long.Only two or three foundations haven't break me out and studio fix is on of them.The texture is superb and a tiny amount is enough for my entire face so a bottle of this foundation lasts for ever.I m extremely cool card and this foundation satisfies me completely

on 3/21/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolultely 100% LOVE this foundation.
I am NW 30. I am a TRUE NW.... saying I have pink undertones is an understatement! I am *RED*
I went in for a color match, and the MA matched me to this. It is a miracle!
1. It completely neutralizes my red (I can show you pics if you need to see them pm me).
2. Used with brush 188 it leaves such a nice cover. It does NOT look caked on or fake. My cheeks are very very rosy, and a little of that comes through...it looks like I have the perfect blush on.
3. I have had MANY compliments every day for a week (since I started using this) about my complexion. People who know I'm red know that I have to be wearing makeup. People who don't know me just say "you have the most beautiful complexion of anyone I have ever seen."
4. I have oily and very sensitive skin. This has not made me break out at all. I have very little shine through when paired with Mineralize Skinfinish Medium Dark.

I have a nice natural glowy look. This has been a lifesaver for me and has opened up a whole new world for me makeup and color wise. Before I found makeup that would just look ok on me, but nothing was "WONDERFUL." Now..that's all changed!

I DEFINITELY recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/18/2008 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this in NC50, Overall I'm happy with the performance of this foundation. I dont like a heavy made up look at all so I agree with others who said this is a very thick opaque foundation however, I use my Fix+ or moisturizer to achieve a light (sheer) application. I only use one pump for my entire face. It doesnt come with the pump but for an additional $5 you can purchase it at a MAC store. That's why I rated this product as super expensive. IMO they could at least throw in a pump for free. I keep the original cap it came with for traveling. It makes it easy but come on a free pump isnt going to hurt MAC's business. I do get oily mid day and I touch up with MAC blot in deep dark but thats my skin type regardless in my tzone Im very oily. Anyway I find that this foundation lasts all day, it's a nice satin finish, and I use my 187 brush and get a lovely application. I believe that brush makes all the difference in the world but that's another review. :-)

on 3/14/2008 8:46:00 PM

OMG! I thought I was the only one... I went to the MAC store and asked for the Studio Finish foundation, since I was already using the Powder I thought it would be good, and she "matched" my skin tone. It looked good at the store, but when I tried it at home I WAS ORANGE! Also, I broke out on my forehead and between the eyebrows area. I returned it, and still have not found my HG foundation for my oily, acne-prone, yellow toned skin.. :(

I will definitely NOT buy this again!

on 3/14/2008 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. It's got so many positive things going for itself but then there are a few drawbacks for someone with my skintone.
I'm an NC45 and this shade, like many other reviewers with the same skintone mentioned, is way too yellow. I makes you look super golden! If you go one shade up, it's too dark, one shade down too light/pinkish, and the NWs just dont work on my NC45 skintone since they turn out too peachy. The other drawback is that it's very very drying so if your skin is flaky, it'll accentuate that a lot.
If you find a suitable shade, then you are lucky because you will find that this foundation is great! It wears like iron - it's long lasting and gives a flawless finish. You only need the tiniest amount to cover because this foundation is very pigmented and thick. I've tried sheering it out with moisturizer and still had trouble doing that!
I keep this foundation around and use it from time to time. My go-to foundation is usually the select spf or studio fix, both of which provide coverage that's more on the sheer/med. side.
Will not repurchase since I'm still on the fence about this one.

on 3/14/2008 3:11:00 PM

I wish there was a "maybe" option for repurchase! It seems unfair to say no, but I would not say yes either at this point. The truth is I just don't know. Part of my problem with this foundation is that the MAC SA sold me a shade too light. Aren't they supposed to be good at matching people? Not where I live anyway! I didn't even know they were supposed to give out samples until after I had bought this. The silly cow matched me as NC20, which is okay for my face but because my neck (and from there on down) is noticeably darker, I need a darker shade. I told her that, and she still managed to convince me the NC20 was correct. Anyway. The finish of this product is a bit more "make-up"-like than what I'm used to. It's not a match for my GA LSF in terms of natural finish. However, mixing with a small amount of moisturiser or (in my case) tinted moisturiser, the finish is much improved. I can blend this with my Paula's Choice TM in a slightly darker shade and get a good match. When thinned out, blending with fingers is easy enough. Otherwise I'd probably use a brush. PROs: decent coverage, lasts very well (I wear this when I need my makeup to last throughout the day. I brush some Clarins compact foundation on top and, during the day, blot with a little loose powder from a mini jar. The finish stays nice with no caking.) CONs: I don't know... a bit thick perhaps, but then I'm used to using just TM most days. Honestly, it's a good product but I guess I'm just pissed off at the SA who sold me the wrong shade. *** UPDATE *** Through the winter I became paler, and realised that the shades in this foundation are just too peachy for me. I need something more yellow/neutral. Not sure if it's just the SFF or other MAC foundations as well. Anyway, I've since moved on to Lancome.