October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

Love the way it looks, hate the way it feel!

It broke me out, which no other foundation has done before, so I returned it asap. It does give a beautiful finish, better than any of the dozen foundations I've tried, but I'm sorry, it's just not worth the extra acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've already bought this product twice, I'm only a 16 year old, already using liquid foundation, but this is because my skin is horrible due to lack of sleep, as we all know.. :D

I have acne prone/combination skin, and I use no primer or Shu Uemura's mousse primer underneath. The shade was a bit darker than the original foundation I first bought in my life, which would be M.A.C.'s Select SPF NC25. I bought Studio Fix NC25, the formula was a bit different, waaaaaaaaay more coverage (a plus!), but a bit darker and more yellow.

I like the coverage way too much to go back to Select SPF unfortunately, but this is a great product.

I do have mediocre bad skin, but it's definetely not from this product. I break out only during times of the pms & when I go weeks without using this foundation, my skin is pretty much the same, so I would not blame breakouts on this product.

Though I do have to say, it scares me sometimes when I see the MA's at MAC have the cakiest, most pimply skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Paheli

NC44; Oily/Combo acne prone Skin. I have tried liquid foundation in the following brands: Chanel, Prescriptives, Elizabeth Arden. With the other's, my skin would get oily/shiny within 30 min. after application. By the end of day it looked it I was nothing on! :(

I was always afraid of trying MAC foundations/powder after hearing how it made people break out. Finally a few weeks ago I just gave up and went to MAC, got matched, and got a sample to try out. I wore my sample everyday for 2 weeks...no breakout. My skin looked polished....did NOT change colors. I use MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50 underneath the foundation, set it with my Prescriptives Flawless powder. I can now go about 4 HOURS without blotting!!!

I just purchased a full bottle 2 days go.....Once I run out of my Prescriptives powder (which will be in about 2 weeks), I definately plan on getting matched with a MAC powder. Again, this is not a perfect foundation.....but for $25.....this is amazing and much better than the $50 foundations I've tried before. If nothing else....try a sample!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by l0706

So far so good, I've just received this and tried it and I'm quite impressed, compared to what I am with most foundations anyway. I am very pale, I bought the NC15 from the MAC website and was pleasantly surprised to find it's a great match, I often find the lightest shade in most foundation ranges to be still too dark or orangey. I was previously using Chanel's Teint Fluide Universel which was great, light coverage and lovely shade, but it's now been discontinued - this seems to feel a bit more like I have 'something on my face' and not as weightless as my old Chanel one, but it still seems fairly good. A far cry from the disgusting, heavy feel of Estee Lauder's Double Wear!
The bottle could be improved however, it takes a bit of time to get the right amount out, but it's not such a big deal.
However, I've read in many places this causes breakouts in a lot of people, and I do have acne prone skin (not severe/cystic acne, but occasionally moderately bad), so I will see how it goes in that sense and probably update in the future.
I would recommend anyone who has trouble finding a light enough shade to try this, in NC15.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was using M.A.C 's Studio Tech but stopped using it after I found out it had vegetable oil and castor oil. I went to the MAC website to find an OIL Free foundation. This was listed as oil-free. Went to my MAC store and the girl matched me up as NW20. In the Studio Tech I was an NW25 but the girl explained that in the Studio Fix Fluid the shades are darker than the Studio Tech! Anyways, NW20 is a perfect match for my skin. No foundation line, no orange colour just beautiful skin! This is so light on my skin and by light I mean it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on! It doesn't look cakey, it just looks beautiful and flawless. I also found when I put this on it gave great coverage. I only put concealer on two pimples I had and my under eye area. Before I had to put concealer like all over my face. I ADORE this foundation. I truly believe that I have found my HG foundation! When I put this on it gives me a beautiful matte finish. My matte finish lasts soooo long too. I wore it for 5 hours and had just a little bit of shine on my nose. I blotted and was fine for the rest of the night. Before when I was using Studio Tech I had to blot my face like 3 times and I would use like 2 sheets of oil blotting papers each time. Tonight I only used one. I can't even begin how much this has increased my confidence. I don't have to worry about heavy cakey foundation anymore or my super oily skin. This looks so natural yet gives such good coverage and makes my skin matte for such a long time. WOW. I am so impressed with this foundation. I am in LOVE girls!:D This doesn't oxidize on my skin either. I don't understand why other reviewers are saying this makes them break out if it's oil free and isn't heavy at all. I apply this with my MAC foundation brush. I use a primer before too. I found that I only use maybe a quarter size dab on my hand to do my all face. This will last a long time!! All the girls tonight at work couldn't believe how fabulous my skin looked. Two of them had me right down the name of this and they're going to get it! One girl even said towards the end of my 8 hour shift my foundation still looked flawless and looked like I had just put it on!! Usually I am a shinny oily mess but not with this. Love love love this stuff:D:D I wanted to get the pump with this but MAC is redesigning it so it won't be out till Dec/Jan.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by cam1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product in NC30 and it matches my skin perfectly! I usually have a hard time foundation that matches my skin tone. I have fair skin with olive undertones, I don’t have a bit of pink or red in my skin so most fair foundations look pink on me. I was very please by the selection of colors in this foundation and also at how quickly the Mac sales assistant found the proper color. Not only does it match perfectly but it covers perfectly also. Its not too heavy but not too light just enough to even my skin out. It has build able coverage also, I have clear skin but when I do get a blemish it also covers it well. I have combo skin and this product wears great all day long, even through walking around my college campus all day. Most foundations skin into my skin and nothing is left by the end of the day. Also this product doesn’t rub off easily, so I don’t have to worry about getting it on anything if clothing touches my face! The only thing wrong with this make up is it can get caked on areas of my face that are dry, but I have never found a product that doesn’t do that, so I am ok with it. I have also converted my mom and a friend to this foundation and they love it too. Another great Mac product at a great price!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by QueenofKings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not good for my skin. First my bottle came with an extra label stuck on it "Octinoxate Liquid" then the usual Studio Fix Fluid SPF15. A little search on the internet tells me Octinoxate is a sun screen. This is yet another colour suggested by the SA this time they suggested that I use this in NW20. (If anyone has read any of my other reviews you'll see that I love Mac Select Tint in NC30 - have been recommended N5 in the Studio Fix Powder. I am surprised that MAC does not make the same shade in all their foundations especially as they name them the same. I have tried to apply this with a foundation brush, sponge and good old fingers but can not get a natural look. This one turned dark and orange on me. The coverage is heavy and ageing. One thing I am surprised about is, that in the reviews I've read here (albeit I haven't read them all), no-one seems to have mention the strong chemical smell this has. It's medicinal bordering on musty -- horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by happymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First i really dont care for the glass bottle. It is hard to take the productt out. The coverage is not bad but none of the colors truly matched my skin. I got NC 25 and it still looked looked a little to orange for me. Biggest problem with this foundation is that it broke me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MNBforever

I was introduced to this product when i went to a mac seminar in bloomingdales and i got it instantly, only because im a foundation junkie!. I used my 187 brush to apply it and i loved it (at first) it gave me a real nice coverage and almost flawless skin. But after a few months of using it i realized i started getting these white clear bumps by my cheeks close to my temple. So i started asking around and to my surprise most of the girls that i've asked got this from studio fix powder or liquid.It's such a shame, because i really wanted to like this foundation and for awhile i thought ive found the perfect foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by afrochick39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched from the Studio Fix powder to this liquid because of SPF 15 and for better and longer coverage. These qualities worked very well, but for some reason this foundation clogged my pores and caused me to break out really bad, so my search for a foundation continues....*sigh*.