MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 4/25/2008 3:23:00 AM

i've been using studio fix fluid for about a year now-- and i love it. it provides great coverage for blemishes and really balances out my skin tone. i have combination skin, and it doesn't dry me out and make me oily (like a lot of mineral-based skin makeups often do for me.) i use the 190 foundation brush by mac and apply right from the bottle to the brush. it's really buildable coverage, easily blended. i just bought another bottle yesterday!

on 4/24/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this on my friend, it looked amazing on her..though she has FLAWLESS skin, so most things would probably suit her. Me on the otherhand, I have combination, sensitive skin that has "erruptions" now and then, though I dont have bad skin at all, its not smooth...I am half asian and when I look in the mirror next to a full asian girl, my skins texture is so bumpy compared to hers. Maybe its my skin type? This foundation makes me look cakey and it creases in the fine lines that you dont see normally. I find it good if you have great skin, then it makes it look flawless especially if you sweep some studio fix over top as a finish. I guess for my skin tpe this product is a no no, mind you it looks good indoors but as soon as ur outside EEEK! I have an issue with MAC makeup, their lipsticks and eyeshadows are great...but Ive used studio tech, studio fix, pressed powder and this...and they are all not worth the price. I used to use Max factor lasting performance which was much cheaper and it looked flawless and amazing where I got soooo many compliments, too bad they got discontinued.

on 4/23/2008 4:53:00 PM

Good old Mac! Delivers every time for me. I have tried and tested many many foundations but few deliver as well as Mac. Excellent coverage for someone who tends to have a lot of breakouts. Good skin tone match and not 'orangey'.

on 4/23/2008 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Since in my country M-A-C doesn't exist, I bought 2 bottles from Dubai hoping that this will be the best foundation ever. My action was based on the reviews i read over here. Well... it has good parts and also bad parts so I'm not quite sure if this really worth the money I've spent.
The good part is that NC-25 looks gorgeous on my skin, i have like a second skin with this one. Furthermore, it doesn't look at all like a mask on my face...it's perfect!

The bad part now! Well..i have normal skin but this often tends to breakout with whiteheads here and there. I use a lot of creams and masks to keep it health but I have the impression that after using this foundation my skin suddenly turns into a nightmare. Maybe it's just me ..I really tried to love this one since i bought 2 bottles and spent like 100$ on both. But I'm a little dissapointed. I will go back to Chanel- Double perfection Fluide, that's for sure.

on 4/21/2008 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard so many great things about Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation and the great coverage this foundation provides, however when I purchased my foundation in NC35, I found that although this foundation provides good coverage it caused me to continuously break out on my forehead. I also noticed that the pores on my nose were becoming more visible and clogged. This foundation comes in a glass bottle, which is not very convenient when traveling. This foundation has a thicker liquid consistency and at times I found it a bit hard to get the foundation to come out of the bottle unless you shake it and use the portion that remains on top of the bottle. This foundation just wasn't for me.

on 4/20/2008 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a decent foundation when compared to drug store brands. Bottom line. However, when compared to higher end brands, this one is mediocore. Try Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Plus and get back to me after. You'll understand the difference.

MAC has wonderful eye and lip products, but their foundations have never impressed me.

Bottom line- Ok foundation with ok staying power.

PS This always oxidizes orange on me, which I hate. I have this in NW15

on 4/17/2008 4:30:00 AM

I use to use rimmel foundation ( which really wasnt the right one for me as it made me look orange as i was told lol ) so i went to the mac counter and asked the woman to pick the right colour for my skin tone and she put it on me for free to see if i liked it and ever since i have been using it all the time! The colour i use is 'NC15'.
it makes my skin look flawless and feels so soft and iv had alot of compliments from people i know saying that it looks so much better than the one i use to use ( i just have to make sure i put plenty of moisturizer on before so my skin doesnt get all dry ) also it lasts longer than i thought it would !
There isnt really anything i would change about this product apart from the fact that as it is in a glass jar its rather hard to get it all out as it isnt a squeezy bottle!
But apart from that i would deffo recommend it and deffo worth the money!

on 4/16/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As much as I love MAC I hate their foundations. Especially this one. It clogs my pores, looks like a mask and dried my skin while I always thought I tended to have combination skin. I bought NW40 in the summer and was very disapponted after using it. It caked and was very difficult to apply as it dried so fast. I've put the full bottle to good use though. In the winter when I'm paler I use just a drop of it and mix it with my MUFA foundation when I go out to give me a tan. Works great, but I guess it was't the exact purpose.

on 4/16/2008 10:26:00 AM

I Love this makeup. I have tried EVERYTHING and I think I have found what i am looking for. I went for a lighter shade than I normally do and it was perfect NW20. It was fantastic medium coverage and gave my skin a nice smooth finish...covered up all my redness. I will definately buy again. It stays all day, especially when paired up with the MAC primer. I'll edit this if it starts breaking my skin out..as I am prone to breakouts.

on 4/16/2008 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great foundation im so happy i finally bought it ....i was scared because people said it will cause break outs and my skin is prone to break outs
Since i use SFF my skin is even clearer and the color match is great (NW20) i love the coverage and how it stays put on oily skin
I use the oil control lotion and the matte gel before and the studio fix powder to set the foundation (yes i love full coverage)

i wish the pump was free other than that my new found HG