September 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have tried numerous foundations throughout my life. I liked Estee lauder Double Wear, but I think that after a while, my skin got used to it, and it did not look as good on me. Then I switched to Makeup For Ever and got the MatPlus, which I thought was the best foundation ever-until I tried MAC studio fix fluid. I love this foundation!! What I also like is that you don't get drug store brand, but you don't pay a fortune either, unlike Makeup For Ever and Chanel-which sucked btw! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lipsticks, and I gave 4 is that even though it stays on pretty long, it does rub off sometimes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Geewhiz02

edit- okay i take that back. i would give this a 3.5. it was alright at first, but then it just started feeling cakey and it would sweat off my face. wouldnt last long and just felt yeckkkk. Overall, it was better than many drugstore foundations ive tried, better than studio tech, But just wasnt perfect. And im searching for the PERFECT foundation. sooo... i just bought giorgio armani luminous silk today so ima try that. (=<3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jusslike_honee09

Well i have acne prone skin and i'v been searching for YEARS for a foundation that would match my skin tone + give me really good coverage. While most foundations can make you look caky and dissapear by the end of the day , studio fix liqiud foundation gives the right coverage without the caky look and it stays on all day!
even in outside light it looks really naturally but i would strongly suggest investing in a foundation brush it really makes a differencee!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lindsaylew1986

My search for a great foundation has ended. i am in LOVE with studio fix fluid. It makes my skin look flawless. Now i dont need much coverage and i rarely get pimples..I'm talking like one every 4 months...but I love this foundation. Its a big on the heavier side..and at first it can look a bit heavy but after i dust off with a light loose powder and give it about 30 min it looks perfect. it dries fairly quickly but you can layer it. you only need a light layer though...its pretty heavy duty stuff. hasnt broken me out....great color selection...great coverage..love it. My skin looks flawless in pictures also when i wear this foundation...i can tell a huge difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very scared to try this. I have acne prone and very oily skin and I am still trying to fade scars left by past breakouts due to other foundation nightmares. I have the complexion of Oprah and trying to find foundation that won't break me out AND match my skin tone was a nightmare. I tried Mary Kay, Revlon colorstay, prescriptives, Clinique, and others I can't even remember. I had tried Studio Tech and that left me with the worst acne! It wasn't that bad after I had my daughter! I stayed away from MAC. Then someone on MUA suggested Studio Fix fluid. I was on vacation in the midwest at the time (during a heatwave no less) and walked into a MAC store. The SA was very kind in helping me match the right color and gave me samples. A couple of things I noticed right away:
1. Even in the 100 + degree heat, my makeup didn't slide off my face. Yes, I did sweat, but when I got into an air conditioned place, my face still looked decent. My best friend even noticed how nice my face looked(and you know men hardly notice anything). No excessive shine from this product, at least for me.
2. My face didn't feel cakey or heavy from this foundation.
3. The color match was amazing. I didn't have to blend for hours to make it look natural. Just a few good, strong strokes worked the makeup in really nice.
After I set the foundation with MAC blot powder in deep dark, my look was complete. I am very happy with this product and best of all, NO BREAKOUTS.
***EDIT***
Unfortunately, this made my face break out. I switched to Flori Roberts Hydrophillic liquid foundation and I love it. This makeup line for women of color has the same, if not more, color foundation selections as MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this once a few years ago and didn't like it for some reason. I picked it up to try again recently because I'm tired of using el double wear and i can't find anything else I like. I'm 100% happy I tried this foundation again because I LOVE IT. The shade, NC15 is an absolutely perfect match for my skin tone. It looks very yellow in the bottle, but doesn't look yellow on my skin. It feels like a fool-proof foundation. It's very easy to blend, doesn't look or feel drying (unlike DW foudation which always looked too dry/masklike, esp in the undereye area), and dries to a lovely matte finish that looks ultra natural, and the best part, this is a medium to full coverage foundation. I often build it to a fuller coverage to cover acne and scars, but it still looks great. I use this with the blot powder and sometimes with the studio fix powder. I also use the nw15 (the nc15 looks too white under my eye area)concealor under the eye area and the nc15 concealor on red marks and acne. I don't think i'll stray from mac again. Also, I have very acne-prone skin, and none of these products made me break out, thank god. I apply with my synthetic foundation brush from benefit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of folks here, I have strayed from this foundation only because of rumors of breakouts.
I can tell you that in the month since I stopped using SFF, I have broken out with foundations from Make Up Forever, Bobbi Brown and quite a few drugstore brands. My skin did not like any of them.
I think MAC, like many other products, can work for some acne-prone skin and cause problems for others. For mine, it's perfect: a great matte finish when paired with the amazing pressed blot powder, buildable coverage so I can wear more or less depending on how well my skin's behaving and one of the ONLY foundations that matches my DDD skin almost to a T.

Don't just go from the reviews here. Go to MAC and ask for a sample, continue with your regular skin routine and watch for changes. This is a wonderful product and it can work for those with acne-prone skin.

Edit: This is still the best I've found for my skin but as I get older, I find I don't much like the "full-face foundation" look and prefer to go for a concealer and powder. The color of the Fix Fluid looks too gray for me and by the end of the day, I actually look a bit ashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by californiasgrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a godsend. seriously, i don't think i've ever been more impressed with any makeup than i was with studio fix fluid. the coverage is amazing. it doesn't feel very lightweight, so it's one of those foundations i'd now only wear for special occassions, but it makes your skin look absolutely flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Martini82

Great coverage for acne-prone skin and wonderful selection of shades. I guess I'm lucky having read other reviews, as in Hong Kong they give you the pump for free!!! :o)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dggal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are lots of pluses for this foundation. The colors are terrific and the coverage is great. I chose this foundation because I needed to cover up some redness in my complexion and this foundation is very buildable. I also think the price is great and is a lot cheaper than most department store foundations. The negatives are that it doesn't have great oil control and it's not as long lasting as I would have liked. The biggest negative though is that it broke me out. I ended up with some deep seeded blackheads after using this and I usually don't get those. I did notice this foundation sits in pores so you do have to blend well. If this doesn't cause breakouts, this might be one you might consider. I ended up returning it to Nordstroms for a full refund.