Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/16/2005 10:40:00 AM

Removes makeup like a dream. Face feels CLEAN! Makes my skin feel slightly tight only downside. I still have repurchased many times just for the makeup remover factor.

I think this is a great cleanser and will definitely repurchase. It cleans my combo skin wonderfully and doesn't leave it tight or with a filmy residue. I think it will make a great year round cleanser. The scent is not the greatest, but it's not overpowering. It's sort of an herbal or medicinal smell.

on 1/15/2005 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It washes off 99% of my makeup, including mascara, all at once. I use this whenever I am too lazy too use a makeup remover AND a facial cleanser, and it works very well. However, I wish it is truly fragrance free, but this light (lemony?) scent will do for now. It doesn't break me out. It may be just slightly drying for my combination skin, but nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. It is a little more expensive than what I would usually pay for a cleanser, but I will repurchase until I find something cheaper.

on 1/13/2005 3:56:00 PM

This product was a nightmare for me! I got some samples from another MUA member and used it one evening. An hour later my face felt tight so I washed it and used my regular cetaphil. The next morning I had red, rashy, bumpy breakouts all along my hairline and under my ears and chin. It was awful! I've never had such a strong reaction. I'm never trying Philosophy again - not taking any chances that I'll break out again!

on 1/11/2005 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not totally floored by it and it smells interesting and I probably won't buy it again as I really love the Caudalie foaming cleanser or the PC cleanser for dry skin

on 1/10/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i used a sample of this stuff, and, no offense to the people who love this stuff, it really sucked. I have combination skin that gets dry easily everywhere except the top of my nose, where it gets oily. This is NOT a cleanser for everyone. I used this a few nights and it left AN OIL SLICK on my face! My nose was oilier than before I used this. My skin felt gross and unclean and not right. This stuff also has a funky herb-y smell I really didn't like. The bottle is cute and the price could be worse, but this just isn't worth anything to me. I wouldn't even pay drugstore prices for this.

on 1/9/2005 9:56:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product which also was my first from Philosophy. I've heard a lot about it and many seems to have gotten great results using it.

I have a pretty oily T-zone and some blemishes when it's "that time of month".

This product didn't feel like it cleaned deep enough. It took away my make-up without much problem. But it felt like it didn't do anything else. I can't say I notice any difference at all in my skin. My pores are the same and I break-out just as often. I did however like the fact that it didn't dry out my skin. I won't purchase again for now, maybe I'll try it with a toner.

on 1/9/2005 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you want your skin to burn like hell and be totally red and scaly afterward, then this is the product for you! It is probably one of the worst, most over-rated cleansers that I have ever used. It smells too strong, like amonia or something foul. Stay away from it.

on 1/6/2005 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to use Cetaphil, but it really doesn't adequately clean your face and leaves blackheads. I have used Purity for a week now and I can tell that my skin is improving. I have used EVERYTHING out there and this has to be my favorite cleanser so far.

on 1/4/2005 6:23:00 AM

This product has it's goods and bads. A couple of good things are the smell and it's ability it get off all your make-up, (even mascara). The cons it's fairly expensive for a cleanser and it dried my combination skin out yet somehow left my skin feeling unclean.