Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/30/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really don't like this. It smells medicinal, does not remove my makeup very well, and dries my skin out. Yuk!

on 1/29/2005 8:45:00 PM

Skin Type: Combination

Price: $32.00 for 16 oz

After a few months of using this I have to save that I love it. It has helped a lot with my clogged pores and leaves my skin without any filmy residues and super clean. It doesn't leave my skin dry at all. I think the price is good too since it lasts forever. This is my HG combined with Hope in a Jar.

on 1/29/2005 7:36:00 PM

this cleanser contrary to what christina carlino says proved to be extremely harsh , at least for my winter dried acne prone skin. im giving it 2 lippies because it does remove makeup, i put my bottle away and saved it for summer when it might work a little better than in winter when my skin is so sensitive.

on 1/25/2005 10:23:00 PM

Tried many different cleansers and always come back to this, love it!

on 1/23/2005 9:59:00 PM

I am a stickler for cleansers that lather and this one doesn't. It does contain lavender which is a known skin irritant, in fact, the first time I used this, it made my face bright red. It did clean my skin really well, but I don't think I would venture to puchase this again. However, I do enjoy reading the labels which make one think they are at a family values seminar with their philosophical approach to skin care, thus the name.

on 1/23/2005 11:40:00 AM

The smell of Purity Made Simple isn't pleasant (it has a bitter, herbal/medicinal scent). And it leaves my face way too thigh. It's too drying for me. I have a combo skin, but my cheeks are a bit dry. It might works better for oilier skins.

The first couple of times I used it, my face seemed brighter, clearer, less ''dull'', but after a while, it came back to its usual dull look. I have experienced the same problem with some Philosophy products: they works very well at the beggining but my skin get quickly used to the product and after some time, it worsen my skin & my acne. :-(

I swapped my bottle a while ago and I won't buy it again. Not sure if I would buy another facial product from Philosophy (although I like Hope in a bottle, the treatment for adult acne). continued >>

I was very pleasantly surprised with this cleanser. Besides Cetaphil, it's the first thing I have found that doesn't irritate or break out my sensitive combo skin. This leaves my skin soft and smooth and I haven't experienced any redness or irritation from it. Some days I don't even feel like I have to apply moisturizer after cleansing, which is amazing in the dry winter! I didn't have any high hopes for this because most cleansers don't do anything for me, but I'm actually repurchasing this one!

on 1/17/2005 3:37:00 AM

i love this. it makes me feel clean and it does tighten up my skin which is something that i don't mind at all. i use this twice a day and don't ever see myself using anything else. it even smells fresh and clean.

on 1/16/2005 10:40:00 AM

Removes makeup like a dream. Face feels CLEAN! Makes my skin feel slightly tight only downside. I still have repurchased many times just for the makeup remover factor.

I think this is a great cleanser and will definitely repurchase. It cleans my combo skin wonderfully and doesn't leave it tight or with a filmy residue. I think it will make a great year round cleanser. The scent is not the greatest, but it's not overpowering. It's sort of an herbal or medicinal smell.