Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/19/2005 11:39:00 AM

Removes makeup really well - even mascara without stinging my eyes. It was slightly drying to my combo skin (although nothing that my moisturizer canít handle), which is probably due to the toner aspect. Nice cleanser, but I think itís overpriced for what it does. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

on 2/18/2005 11:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this in a swap before committing to the full size or even shell out some $$. My skin is sensitive, yes, but as calm as it can be, breakouts are *very* rare most of them are due to hormones. I've been using this faithfully morning and night for about a week without any changes in my other skincare regiment and 3 zits appears out of nowhere, not to mention some welts in mid-afternoon. Definitely something that you should try in person before committing to the full bottle. I suspect this rxn is due to all of those botanical extracts, which are dubious in purpose anyway.

I received this in my jumpstarters kit and I normally do not use face wash because I can never find one that I like, but this stuff works great! It is a very light and creamy cleanser that has a slight and refreshing lemony scent. It does a good job of taking of makeup, dirt, and oil. The best part about it is that it does not leave your skin feeling dry and flaky after use. I would purchase this again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as part of the Radiant Skin in a Box kit and it seemed like a combo of cetaphil and Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream. I liked the texture but since I don't wear powder or foundation, I can't vouch for its makeup removal ability. It did seem to remove my mascara with no problems and left my skin feeling nice. However, I have sensitive, acne prone skin with rosacea (great!) on my chin so time will tell if this cleanser is the HG of cleansers.

on 2/16/2005 5:37:00 PM

LOVE this product. Gentle but effective at removing makeup and dirt. Also leaves my face feeling soft and moist. A definite keeper.

I wear Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation which is a "stay put" foundation. I love Purity Made Simple because it cleans off my makeup with only one application. It completely cleans all traces of makeup and oil. I have combination skin and this cleanser does not dry it out but somehow removes all my makeup. I try other cleansers every now and then, but always come back to this one.

on 2/15/2005 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am almost done with my first bottle and have just ordered my second bottle. I like the way my face feels clean when I use it. I also like the light clean sent.

on 2/6/2005 8:48:00 PM

I really like the lemony scent of it. This product claims to clean eye makeup and everything, but that wasn't my experience. I still had to use eye makeup remover to get the remnants. I got a small sample bottle(2 oz) from Sephora, and it has lasted longer than my old cleanser. Therefore, the price of $20 for an 8 oz bottle doesn't seem so bad considering that it might last longer than other cleansers. Also, I got the idea from Sephora to use it for cleaning out hand washable clothing.

on 2/5/2005 7:28:00 PM

This is the first cleanser I've used that I actually love. I have sensitive combination skin and it balances me out perfectly -- I use it twice a day and my cheeks never feel dry and I no longer have the oiliness around my nose and chin that I used to get about halfway through the day. My skin feels better and I'm not the only one who notices that it looks better too. I'm on a limited budget when it comes to products but this is such an HG for me that it's worth the cost.

I love this cleanser, especially for winter skin. It's very gentle but leaves skin smooth and with no "moisturising" residue. For being so gentle it still amnages to just barelt astringe my pores and that's uncommon.

My only peeve, totally inconsequential to my judgement, is the Philosophy packaging. I like the look and simplicity but the actual stuff written is so unbearably cheesy and faux-serious I can hardly take it. It's like someone who thinks they are very profound writing greeting cards. Oh dear... Just too much!