MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/14/2008 8:41:00 PM

I love this product, especially when you apply some tint moisterizer an after you apply the Mac studio fix and it really good.

on 4/14/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my holy grail face powder. I've been using it exclusively for almost three years, and love the coverage it provides. The price is right, and I love MAC products anyway.

on 4/14/2008 2:53:00 PM

Strange because I used to wear this product all the time - and it broke me out BAD! But after all these years I decided to try it again because I had fond memories of the coverage this foundation provided and I haven't been loving my skin recently. So, while visiting the MAC counter, I decided to have the MA put this on me. Well, the coverage is still amazing! I have really bad rosacea and this creates a completely matte, blank slate. But that's part of the problem - there's no depth, no realism to the finish. I looked in the mirror for the rest of the time at the mall and was semi-horrified. I looked sad, cakey, and overdone in a morning-after kind of way.

This might work on someone with more dewy skin, but not moi... I'll try it again in another decade :)

on 4/13/2008 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this product last summer to hide some hyperpigmentation from a brakeout I had from birthcontrol. HORRIBLE!! It gave me the worst breakout of my life! I'm talkin about cysts and bumps galore. I didn't realize it was the makeup until about 3 months of wearing it. I stopped using it when I started noticing how DRY it made my skin and I started seeing wrinkles! I definitely don't reccommend this product. You would be better off putting paint on your face.

I should have known better when all the MAC SA's looked like clowns...
To be honest, this is a horrible foundation. It goes on too thick (but others claim thats just great coverage, yeah right...) it's too greasy and shiny after about an hour, it made me break out horribly, and the color was too orange. I'll never forget when i had three GIANT cystic acne's in the same area on my nose. I looked like a clown with a red nose. and when i tried to cover it up with the concealor and foundation, it looked extremely dark and purple. When I stopped using it, my skin would heal and as soon as i put it on again, it would be like the cycle started all over again, and you end up saying to yourself "AHH I NEED MORE MAC!" it's like people who use this product are just in it for the image portrayed at the mall or in ads, not for how it really looks when you use it everyday. You need to hunt for the right foundation. There are very few people that can use MAC and I can say I am definately not one of them. I wouldn't advise this product because of the low sucess rate.

on 4/12/2008 6:43:00 AM

I only bought this yesterday (NW20) and so far so good! I was a bit cautious when I read the mixture of reviews but thought I`d go for it anyway. I`ve never worn pressed powder before and used to use MAC Select Tint, which was very light (because I`m not into heavy foundation). Studio Fix gives a matte look and you can build on it if you want more coverage.
I`ll update after I`ve used it for a while..hopefully it stays on through the day!!

UPDATE: I've COMPLETELY changed my mind! It went well for the first few weeks but after that its like my skin got used to it& the coverage isn't as strong by the end of the day. It also makes my face ITCH like crazy everytime I put it on. I'm not even half-way through it and I'm already going to Laura Mercier to buy some mineral foundation!

on 4/12/2008 3:51:00 AM

I love this stuff! Thank god it doesnt break me out because I was afraid of buying because of that. It covers surprisingly well for a powder, my only problem is how pricey it is. I know its MAC and yeah its worth thwe money but needed to shell out 25 dollars everytime I run out is killing me.

on 4/10/2008 3:45:00 PM

This is sold as a powder foundation but I never use it alone. Its great for a powder to set foundation or for touch-ups throughout the day BUT doesn't offer enough coverage to wear by itself (unless you have awesome skin). Overall I really like it but I wouldn't call it a "foundation" like MAC does.

on 4/9/2008 12:23:00 PM

I had this studio fix until I found great alternative powder.
Well, first of all, I must admit that this has good coverage.
but it doesn't keep up throughout the day.
after few hours, my skin looked dull and oily.
smells like plastic and the applicator is not so good quality either.
and when I had to touch up the makeup, I usually pat over the oily zones with this powder and it looked dull and cakey... :(

on 4/8/2008 7:12:00 AM

MAC finally decided to break away from their standard coloring code and create a powder in my color. NC41. The color is sheer perfection.... NC40 was always a tad too light and NC42 was too dark and orange! This color is perfect! I have never used the Studio Fix long enough to expirience the breakouts that people suffer from when using this but i guess i will now either be one of the lucky ones who uses this for years without a blemish or breakout after a couple of uses.

Will definitly update in a couple of weeks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials