MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

No matter what makeup I try, nothing compares to this MAC Studio Fix. It has the best coverage and the best color matches for the many different shades of women. I stopped using it when I was breaking out because I thought this was adding to it...HOWEVER I've come to my senses now...I used this makeup for 4yrs and never broke out from it. It was'nt until I was 25 and started getting hormonal acne brought on my stess that I wanted something to blame, so like many of the women on here I said it was the MAC....Now I realize that acne is acne...this product is oil free and noncomedegenic, its also light unlike liquids and if you have a good regimen, good moisturizer, great diet, and you don't sleep in it then you should be fine! If your interested in MAC don't let these bad reviews be the "be all-end all" of your decision. I like it, my family and friends wear and like it as well....My goal is to get my skin healthy and pretty enough to go without foundation (Im using tretinoin & Tetracycline for my hormonal acne) But until that Beautiful day comes, I will be wearing my MAC studio fix! Its the Best.
It had me looking FABOLOUS on many of my not so fab skin days, so I will continue to be loyal to my Studio Fix.
P.S- FYI for the users blaming their acne on Studio Fix, Use a Brush with this, never the sponge and change makeup about every 5-6 months...That's with any powder compact makeup & Live a Healthy Lifestyle, Beauty comes from the inside out, and not the outside in Adios.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

well first off lets say i had a "bad expireience" just buying the product, let alone using it.

i went to the mall, and visited my local mac counter, i totaly spaced out about it being prom night so ther were a billion girls getting there makeup done, it was PACKED!. i asked to get matched and the lady tried one color on me and wouldnt try any other, its wayy to light for me. i could tell right off that it was totaly off, and if she couldnt tell i dont know why she's working there.

i have to apply it supperrrr lightly with a kabuki brush because its wayy to thick. it dosent last long and it seem like it make my face break out? i dont have acne and i could just possibly be getting it, but i always have black heads and pimples forming on my nose (i wash my face the correct way EVERY night so i dont see how this is happening) it's clogging my pores and making me look like a dead fish. i do not recomend this to anyone (unless you need alot of coverage)

I just got this product in NC20, my skin type is combination (oily T-zone, rest of face is dry). I also have slight eczema on my nose, and StudioFix made it look as if I had psoriasis on my nose by the end of the day... it was patchy and dried out and unlike anything I've ever seen before. However, I think this is purely due to the eczema on my nose and therefore would not recommend this product to someone with facial eczema or very dry skin in general, or any other similar skin condition.

Besides that, knowing to avoid putting this on my nose in future, this product worked like a dream everywhere else.... evened out my skin tone, gave perfect matte coverage, looked fabulous in photos, and didn't make me look cakey or washed out. I am prone to spots and this has not broken me out, actually I've seen an improvement in my skin... although when it comes to break-outs, MAC foundations either do or they don't... it's completely down to trial and error, and StudioFix is full coverage. Your best bet is to test it at a MAC counter and leave it a day to see how your skin reacts or doesn't, as $25 is a lot to waste if it causes skin problems. I use MAC Prep+Prime before application and apply it with a brush for best results, although it comes with a sponge and place to store it that is perfect for mid-day touch ups.

EDIT 6/3/08: Had to deduct a lippie from the original 4. After 3 weeks of use, this DID break my skin out in lots of small bumps across my forehead that are taking forever to clear up even though I've stopped use and switched to a tinted moisturizer temporarily. I will still in use in future on occasion if I need full coverage, but everyday use did not agree with my skin at all.

I'll start by saying the SA at MAC was extremely friendly and in only a few moments she matched my skin color perfectly (C4). She was a pro =] ... Although the coverage was GREAT, its not one to buy if your looking for the "natural look". It is very clear that you have makeup on when you use this. Most importantly, I have skin that tends to get a little shinny after being at work for about 5 hours, however with StudioFix my face became shinny after no more than an hour and a half. TERRIBLE. It is upsetting that a foundation that is supposed to be a powder actually made my face more oily and FASTER than my skin does naturally. I did not see the point in paying $25.00 for something that requires a touch up every 2 hours. I returned it after using for 3 days.

My co-worker introduced this to me and I've always noticed she had such perfect skin so I decided to test it out. I've been using this product for 6 months now and it's been pretty good! It covers a lot of my red spots and gives my face a pretty smooth look :)

I won't recommend this product to anybody. I have tried better stuff than this (like Bobbi Brown). It doesn't stick close to your skin, so it's very obvious that you got foundation on and I find it a little bit cakey. These things aren't cheap too, for the same price, I would go for another brand.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad skin for acne...all products made my skin feel so weighted and gross. Now, I've been using MAC products and my skin had been great! I've used the studio mist and tech but I love the studio fix! The other two are great but I like the fast fix. The coverage for me is great, I put more where I need it (old acne scars) and it lasts!The only thing is that if its hot and you're sweaty, it will lose its matte but the overall complexion color of your skin stays, but for me the old acne scars appear again.(Reapply later!)I dont know if there is any makeup that can withstand sweat. But anyways,its easy and compact, I take it everywhere with me!It cost like 24 with tax, I think. I dont use the sponge, good brushes are way better and have a better outcome =)..It feels so light on my skin, I absolutely love it! I will definitely buy again! <3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Clogged my pores and made me break out soooo badly. Not to mention it made my face look SO shiny, it'd highlight any small breakouts, my fingers would freaking SLIDE across my face it was so oily!

HATE it. It's probably better for people with not so sensitive skin, mine breaks out if the product isn't non-comedonegenic. Should've checked up better, gah.

I had been looking for years for a foundation that covers up my rosacea while controling my oily skin. I have tried a lot of expensive and inexpensive brands but this is the only one that has worked without irritating my skin. I am very happy and have stopped my search.

The foundation (I use C3) comes in a little compact and comes with two sections the top section with the product and a mirror and the ventilated bottom part with has a sponge applicator which I don't use. I tried a flocked makeup sponge and a foundation brush but the best results came from the MAC 187. It is a skunk brush and I rub it over the foundation then rub it onto my skin in little circles and it gives it a very smooth and airbrushed look.

I use 2 pumps of MAC oil control lotion and let set for @15 minutes, then 1 pump of prep and prime, go over face with studio fix and then use a buffer brush to apply MAC mineralized skinfinish in natural (I use light medium). I use the mineralized skinfinish in natural because I get oily and don't need any extra shine during the day. This routine makes my skin look very finished and professional. I only have to do one or two touch ups during the day with MAC pressed blotting powder (I use medium dark) which I apply with a powder brush. Just to give you an idea of how long it lasts I apply my makeup @9am and then put blotting powder @3pm, then again @8pm if I am going out after work. I live in South FL so it is very hot and 100% humidity and this will stay in place all day :) I have only been using for @1 month and haven't gone through our 90+ degree summers but the temperature has gone into the 80's. I haven't had to use blotting paper once since I started using this.

This has given me such a boost of confidence because my skin looks normal for the first time in years. Not only does doing this cover up the redness but I don't look any oilier than most people, Before I looked very shiny just a few hours after applying foundation. It feels strange when you apply it the first couple of times with a flocked makeup sponge because it is dryer than say Mary Kay cream to powder foundation but you get used to it. The foundation sets to a powder finish like Mary Kay. It doesn't feel weird if you apply it with the skunk brush.

I've been using this product for about 3 years and i've never had any problems (my skin is acne prone and tends to breakout at the slightest whim! esp when trying products that may be pore-clogging).

It goes on nice and evenly and lasts for a long time! I would advise using a powder brush and some kind of primer/or moisturizer before. Only downside is that my skin is also on the oily side so it tends to get a little oily towards the afternoon but thats easy to get rid of. Blotting tissues help with that!

I'm a C3 so it can make me look rather pale. I put a little bit of NARS orgasm blush on top and i'm set to go!

Definitely an excellent for the price and I've used many!

UPDATE: Okay, so i finally figured out where my tiny little bumps were coming from. MAC studio fix! After i stopped using this product, the bumps are finally gone! I definitely liked this product too. =( it has beautiful coverage for a powder and lasts forever. I switched to Makeupforever duo matte powder, and that works great! ^_^

Video Reviews & Tutorials