Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

This smells nice and one of my friends LOVES this so I gave it a try. It feels nice and refreshing, but it really does dry your lips out. I prefer something a little "gooier" and moisturising!

on 9/28/2006 3:51:00 AM

BBs makes my lips tingly from the peppermint but dries them out. I've switched to Blistex.

on 9/27/2006 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Best lip balm on the planet!

on 9/26/2006 5:24:00 PM

i have been using burts bees on and off for a long time. i usually buy a new tube after i end up sending it through the wash in a jeans pocket. i love the smell and the first few times i use it my lips are fine. eventually my lips dry out and peel. the new honey flavor is a little bit better and i've been buying that instead. it smells weird but you get used to it.

on 9/23/2006 10:23:00 AM

I found this quite effective in soothing chaffed lips when caked on before bed as prep for exfoliation in the morning, which is pretty much the only time I use it. Although I could see how it could easily double as gloss. The texture is pleasant, smooth and soft and I like the cooling effect of the peppermint but not enough to use it as an everyday lip balm as I find the scent/mintyness a bit much. It does the job but the strong peppermint scent just isn't for me. Also, I'm not sure if I'm too fond of the tin packaging as it can be difficult to open at times so the chapstick tube would probably be the better option in that regard.

on 9/22/2006 2:03:00 PM

This really dries my lips out--within a couple hours, they're flaky. It smells great, but doesn't feel good on the lips at all.

on 9/21/2006 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What's the big hype about this lip balm? First of all, it has wayyy too much menthol or coamphor which actually dries your lips out. I had to wipe it off after a couple of miutes because it was too tingly. Second, it's expensive! There are a lot of other lip balms that are a lot better at moisturizing than this. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's better. The only thing I liked about this lip balm was that it tasted good and made my breathe smell good, but overall-its sucks!

on 9/20/2006 1:18:00 AM

It smells great, but doesn't moisturize at all. I think that it just left a waxy layer on my lips. I have both the tube and the tin, and I definitely hate to mess with a tin of balm.

on 9/17/2006 9:54:00 PM

Why the hype? My mom keeps a tin of this in her purse, and if I don't have my own purse I'll use it, but there's almost no point. As ever, tins really annoy me, but I'll give the tube the benefit of the doubt. Still, I feel like this makes only a stiff, waxy layer over my lips, without having any moisturizing effect.

on 9/14/2006 3:27:00 PM

I tend to be dehydrated and for several years had cracked, chapped lips. I tried TJ's lip balm, every DS type out there, and then finally found Burt's. Don't get the lifeguard balm, its for serious lifeguards, it's white from zinc oxide. Also, the honey type is grainy, not so good. The true Burt's Bee's Beexwas Lip Blam is what rescued my ugly cracked lips. I use it nightly. Mom and Dad don't appreciate it, but it makes a world of difference to me. I love the mint and the fact that it stays on all night. Other balms just laid on top of my lips, this penetrates. It's more expensive than other brands, but smoother, more effective, and my lip rescue. I don't bother using it during the day unless we are having extra dry weather in So Cal. But at night, it's the bomb.

Popular Lip Treatments