April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

So basically, I wanted to try this out for a while. I'm an NC40 in Studio Fix Fluid. But when I looked at the NC40 in the powder it looked soo light. So a sales lady matched me with C6. But, when I used it for a few days it was way too dark and orange! I usually use a bronzer but I couldn't at all with C6, i was way too bronze already. It looked like I was hiding a sunburn. I went back to the store to try other colors, and C4, C30 were too light.. NC42 seemed too dark, and so on. So I was like hell, I'll just try NC40 and if it's too light.. i'll use some bronzer. It turned out, NC40 matched me pretty good. I can use my bronzer and blush beautifully with this. It lasted me all day & didn't look cakey.. or show my pores like the fluid does sometimes. I love it! UPDATE: This stuff makes me look SUPER pale in pictures.. I never ended up repurchasing this because it wasn't yellow enough. I tried NC42 and it was too dark/orange.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. First of all, no matter which MAC counter I go to, the sales people are rude and snobby. All I could think is " You're not a real make-up artist! You're a sales person!" I say this because every time I try to let them apply make-up, I end up looking like a damn clown!!! One girl actually put rubbing alcohol in my eyes, trying to "sanitize" an eyeliner pencil. FYI- that's not how you sanitize an eyeliner pencil. Anyway I bought Studio Fix NC43 because it matched my skintone perfectly-when it was applied in the store. When I got home, it totally oxidized to a muddy red color and after using it for a week, my face broke out badly. MAC foundations are garbage!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by estetika

For my skin, this does not work. It causes me to breakout like there's no tomorrow. I do use it on my clients because I do like the amount of coverage you get with it. If you are prone to breakouts, I wouldn't recommend this but if you don't have a tendency toward cosmetic-induced acne, then I recommend it completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by lacornflakegirl

This product gets a lot of hype, but for me it was a huge disappointment. It definitely covers flaws, but at the same time it looks cakey, feels awful, and rubs off on everything! Sometimes I'll use a touch of this product, but for me I'll just stick my Stila translucent powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by katie2renee

I like this powder for days when I was in a hurry. The color match was great. If you are having trouble finding a color ask one of the girls to get a color match for you. I have a normal/ combination skin depending on the time of year but I usually wear this more in the summer if my skin is broken out.

This foundation you sometimes have to go a shade lighter than the Studio Fix Fluid is because the fluid oxidizes and becomes darker.

Over all I like this product and would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some reason, completely not a fan of this powder. It make me break out in the worst way and I found the coverage uneven. It prevented shine for a while but afterwards, shine away I did. Not recommended for people with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This used to be my favourite powder foundation. It was quick and easy to apply and I had quite a decent amount of coverage from this.
The colour range is amazing, but hey unfortunately didnt have a pale enough shade for my golden toned skin. And its colour and corresponding number isn't the same as in, say, Studio Fix Fluid.
However, it tended to look unnatural if overapplied and it would emphasize my dry patches. Oh, and it broke me out like nothing else! This stuff is very comodogenic! I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I've been using Studio Fix powder for maybe a year now. I think I am just a powder person versus a cream or a liquid and that's why I love this product.

I'm NC35 in the winter and I apply it with the 181 small buffer brush. I love the velvety look this powder gives, It also has great coverage for a powder, though sometimes I still use a concealer. I know this powder does break some people out, but not everyone. I've hit pan on this compact for the 4th time now. I may try Shiseido for a slightly better skintone match though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

I really like this foundation as it's very quick and easy to use. I use this during the day, before work because it's easy to use very early in the morning. I have combination skin so gives the right consistency to keep the shine at bay! I have seen a lot of reviews that state the sponge is not good as an applicator but I actually like the application I get from the sponge as long as I keep it clean and swap it regularly.
One of my favourite products!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

This review is for Studio Fix Powder Foundation. It looked good for 1 hour on me, but failed to control any oil. After many blottings later, it looked cakey and dry. I went from too greasy to really dry looking. It also makes my face feel drier. I've used a few types of powder foundation and have never felt that before. This would be good for a photo shoot, but not all day wear, unless you have normal skin (not dry or oily). I am returning this to MAC.