MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/26/2008 11:32:00 AM

This is the only powder I have found that can actually give me full coverage. When im having a bad skin day I apply it all over, but most of the time I use it to just spot conceal. I find it last a good 8 hours without my face getting shinny. Usually my nose gets oily after about 2 or 3 hours, but not with this. I will buy it again and it seems to be lasting a while :)

on 3/25/2008 6:20:00 PM

I used to use this as my daily HG powder. I have since switched to BE's Mineral Foundation but I still use my studio fix as a back up since carrying around those Mineral Foundation jars are a hassle. Did not break me out like Clinique's pressed powder. And it's relatively inexpensive. Gives great coverage even on my oily skin. And the NC35 matches me perfectly. I love that MAC has a shade for everyone which is hard to find. The compacts itself are worthless. The clasp to open the compact always falls out and I have repurchsed this maybe 7 or more times and it always seems to happen. Oh, and be careful not to drop this on the floor otherwise this will be all over you and in your purse, on your friends, the bathroom floor... etc.

on 3/25/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product so much.Is a powder and foundation in one meaning you can use it alone or as a powder to set foundation and for more coverage. Combines good coverage with ease of application.Has matte, velvety texture,contains Silica which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on your skin.Is long-wearing and as all the mac products comes in a wide range of colours.You can apply it with a big powder brush if you want to set you foundation or if you like sheer coverage or with a sponge if you need some more coverage.What I love the most about this product is the fact that the texture of this product is so fine(so you can use it over your foundation and will not be..too much..!!!) and the talc in it has been milled to a microscopic size so Its almost like loose powder but with full coverage and my oily skin never shines with Studio Fix.One lippie off only because some time can be very cakey

on 3/24/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My favorite powder I have ever used. I use this everyday with a brush, not the pad so it lasts FOREVER!
UPDATE**10/15/2011 I stopped using this for a while and am now back to topping off my foundations (MAC SFF, ELDW, Rev CS) with this. I really love this powder. Sets my foundations perfectly!

on 3/24/2008 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product.....My skin dosn't get any break out....and it really looks flawless......I just love it.....

on 3/23/2008 3:56:00 PM

I was addicted to this but for the past few days I havent and everyone has commented on how my face cleared up... I guess it really does clog your pores though it was a nice foundation that covered blemishes and small imperfections and stayed the whole day while not looking cakey however it seems like i break out wearing it.... so now back to looking for a good foundation.... =/

on 3/23/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have never experienced an allergic reaction to foundations before but

I would NEVER buy this product again..............MAC foundations break me out like CRAZY and my skin got all red and irritated from it, even when it was just for a day. I am very very disappointed. I'm definitely tossing this. What a waste of my money... i hate mac foundations!!!!!!!

Update: Today, I used another foundation and it is clearing up already.

I recentley bought this product, and I love it!!!! I have sensitive skin, and I didnt break out from this or have any reaction. It contains Silica, so that helps with pimples and blemishes. I gives you a nice, matte, natural finish. It can be applied as a sheer coverage, or a medium coverage.You can apply it with a sponge or brush. I LOVE this powder!!

PS. I am NC15. :]

on 3/23/2008 9:07:00 AM

I read a lot of reviews before buying this product. I have to say that I am happy with it, especially the color (NC25). Gives nice coverage, but it can look a little dusty. I will re buy it, until something new comes along.

on 3/23/2008 12:34:00 AM

It's a pretty okay foundation in my opinion, gives good coverage and also does NOT go cakey or icky after many hours of application. I wear mine up to 12h a day but i spend long hours outside home..
Its a good buy except the price though, but its a worthy investment.
I'm not too used to it, and so I'll be returning to everyday minerals makeup.
Be sure to apply this with a brush, any brush is good, like kabuki or flat top or any powder brush! Such foundation is too good to be wasted on cheap sponges, most importnatly because it does not apply well and wastes powder.