April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cmtruman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out, looked unnatural, just bad in general. I was so excited to try this on other recs, but it was awful and I threw it away. I will continue to use MAC for l/s and e/s only. If you're going to get this, please go to a counter and make sure you try it on, and leave it on for a few hours to see if turns on you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I returned my Studio Fix Powder because it was too "cakey" looking on my oily, but dehydrated skin. The MA used NW20 with a foundation brush and set with NC20 sheer loose powder. The initial coverage was medium, but certainly buildable. The combination of the SFF and the sheer loose powder gave me a glow, but kept shine at bay. This is also one of the first foundations to actually conceal redness (i.e. broken capillaries and scarring). If I want, I can even forgo concealer. I may try NC20 in the foundation when I repurchase, as the NW version is slightly peach. I am still really happy and think my skin looks better than ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by kawaiimushroom

This is an excellent foundation for coverage... It has one of the highest coverages I've tried (comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear but not as harsh!). I absolutely love this foundation - it covers everything and leaves you with an airbrushed look if you apply it with a foundation brush. HOWEVER - it is a little too heavy - it definitely looks as if youre wearing make-up, especially if you wear it in daylight. I usually mix it with Botanics Golden Glow Moisturiser to give it more of a dewiness and a less thicker consistency, which looks better but wears off faster. I'm a NC20, although NW15 works well too and has a less cakey effect.
If you're looking for coverage its the best you can get but anyone looking for a natural dewy glow should look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by princessxx

Finally found the right foundation...After years and years of searching and returning. I've tried practically every brand. I have very oily skin and this was the only liquid foundation where I did not need to blot my face at all the entire day. It blends great, gives a semi matte semi dewy complexion and doesn't make your face look dull. I used stuido tech for many years stopped and tried it again before trying this but was still unhappy with the dry caked on look it gave. I tried this in the compact version and did not like it at all..it looked too mask like. Tried this out on a whim and the constency is a zillion times better than the regular studio fix. Highly recommend this for flawless skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Danielleg1280

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this makeup in NC42 after having a makeover at a MAC counter. At first I loved the color but HATED the foundation. I had previously been using EL Double Matte or EL Doublewear and was used to a true full coverage foundation. However, after giving the MAC foundation a chance, I soon fell in love w/ it and just ordered 2 more bottles. I find it looks much more natural than the two EL foundations I was previously addicted to and does not make me break out or anything. Also, in pictures, you don't get that white face effect like you do from the flash with EL foundations. MAC offers a much better color variety as well. Some of the EL foundations are too pink or orangy. MAC (NC family) has yellow undertones which is much more natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lesliesitzman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great foundation for those of us who like a heavier coverage. It's buildable, long lasting, comes in a million shades; I'm not sure what else can be expected from one makeup. I have oily skin, and this does not break me out. I only use it on the weekends though. My mom who has drier skin, uses it daily. I think it can work for anyone, but we must know our own limitations.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by smellypiratehooker

Ick! This settled into my (They're not even that big!) pores- also made my skin look flakey and dry. Couldn't wait to wash it off, which took two times sudsing and rinsing to my usual one. This one's going back to Nordstroms!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SarahRoseP

Best Foundation I have ever used. I usually use Clinique, but this is my new HG. Chanel Double Perfection is no comparison to this either. Makes you look flawless and doesnt break me out! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by deesizzle

This is a great foundation with buildable medium coverage. I have combination oily breakout-prone skin and this foundation has not irritated my skin at all in the last 3 weeks I've been using it! It's pretty thick and was kinda hard to get it out of the glass bottle so I bought MAC's foundation pump. Very similar to my previous foundation, Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex, except this has a bit more coverage, a slightly smoother/silky finish, and didn't turn orange on me when I needed heavier coverage on certain areas. I just wish that this didn't have SPF in it so that my face doesn't look lighter in flash photography. Otherwise an HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I keep straying from SFF, I always end up coming back to it.
Just about every other foundation I've tried always ends up getting greasy-looking thanks to my hideous t-zone.
SFF can do that but nowhere near as obviously as anything else. I love the coverage, my casper-white complexion can get a bit pink around the cheeks but SFF seems to combat it quite well. I find I use less concealer with this than any other foundation.
My inital complaint was being matched to NW15 but I looked like a satsuma. I've since been rematched to an NC15 and find it looks far more like my own skin.
Can vary the amount of coverage depending on how I feel my skin looks and it applies like a dream with the 187 brush, resulting in an almost airbrushed finish.
Will definitely keeping repurchasing this one.

EDIT: Since it's getting cooler & I've paled down a bit, I mixed what was remaining of my SFF into my mineralise Satinfinish bottle. I've been mixing the two together anyway & combined, they make my perfect foundation. Glowy but not greasy, good coverage & the NC15 satinfinish pales the SFF down further.
Added bonus to transfering it into the other bottle? It now has a pump on it. Can't fault it. Will be repurchasing both.
Edit: 08/2008 After months of not using this, I'm making myself finish up the bottle I have left. Will probably not repurchase again as it's been affecting a small patch of eczema that pops up on my forehead. It's also been too drying whilst getting shiny on my nose & chin. The colour is questionable now I've found foundations that are a much better much. So long, SFF. It was fun while it lasted.