MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Got this is NC42 and its too light and NC44 is just too dark so I couldn't find the right colour match at all. It does however cover all my uneven skin tone and make my face look flawless... Too bad I can't find a colour match!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had been wanting to try Studio Fix Fluid for a long time, but was hesitant due to the mixed reviews. The SA color matched my light-but-not super-fair skin to a NW20, which does match well, but looked slightly too dark, so I mix NW20 with NW15 and I get a decent color match. Although I feel it's still too yellow, so 1 lippie off for not having a better color match. FYI the NC's are actually MORE yellow than the NW's...this might be confusing since typically "cool" shades have less yellow and "warm" shades have more yellow, however both NW's and NC's are on the warm side, so those looking for a pink toned foundation will be out of luck. I apply using a proff. makeup wedge, stippling onto my face, over my moisturizer (which doubles as an excellent primer), in a very thin layer, and I get a gorgeous medium coverage that looks and feels totally natural! I prefer the finish of this to Revlon's Colorstay w/softflex, b/c I think it's more natural looking than Revlon's CS and doesn't settle into pores and look mask-like by the end of the day. SFF does have a very light scent to it, but it's kind of fresh smelling and I don't mind it at all. I set with Mac Blot powder in "Medium" since I have very oily/combo skin, and while SFF does not control oil well, it lasts all day on me (with some powder touch-ups of course). I also bought the pump which I highly recommend, it's only $4.00. I hope this stuff doesn't break me out (I'm very acne-prone)! Will update after a couple of weeks. UPDATE: This was giving me blackheads on my nose! I have now switched to Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation. Works much better with my combo/skin and looks way more natural!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really luv MAC product but I was really disappointed with this product. IT gives good coverage (i really need good coverage because of my acne scars and discoloration). However, it is really hard to remove this foundation. It stays in your pore even though I cleanse my face with grape seed oil, cold cream, make up remover and foam cleanser. It still manages to stay on, so it gives break out!!
If it was easy to remove along with good coverage it would've been great but unfortunately, it doesn't. I used half of the bottle but I'm not using it anymore because of its long lasting ability.
Also, when my skin is in bad condition (break outs!), this foundation happens to enhance its condition... It looks really gross when I wear it during bad skin conditon - shows all the dead skin, tons of lines, doesnt cover up my acne. I dont recommend this foundation to those with acne and seeking for good coverage. Use Studio Tech instead.. much better than this one.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I also have a love/hate relationship with this product...It provided very good coverage and I received alot of complements while wearing this foundation. The problems that I had was that it was breaking my skin out really bad. My cheeks brokeout really bad with small dark spots. Also, the color really seemed to change on me from day to day..One makeup artist color matched me to a NW47 & another NC50. I have combination skin & towards the end of the day my face would really oily & red looking...One makeup artist told me to switch to NC50 but I still had the breakouts & was still oily & orange looking..I have since switched to Prescriptives Flawless Foundation & has face is already clearing up. Prescriptives has a wide color range & it does not oxidize on my skin.

I pretty much stick to MAC for most eye shadows and lipsticks (I do use Chanel for some eye shadows). I had been searching for a good foundation for a long time and just hadn't been able to find one that I love (other than one that I really think is way too expensive).

I bought MAC Fix Foundation. I am an NW15 so my skin is very fair (the fairest on the MAC scale).

Previous to this purchase, I had tried many other foundations and the ones I had liked the best was the Clinique almost make up tint (although the coverage is very light at best) and Perscriptives Virtual Matte Oil Control Foundation Y/O Fresh Cream 01. Perscriptives being my all time favorite but at $32.50, I thought maybe I could find something that cost less.

This MAC foundation is a MIRACLE. I have tried soooo many foundations lately and this one is always the best. It makes my blushes look very 'true to color' after I use this foundation. Makes my skin look FLAWLESS. It's so easy to apply and dries to a velvety texture. Not dry, not oily. Just like skin should look. I am so thankful for this foundation!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

HG!! for me, awesome coverage, great shade selection, I've tried a lot* of HE and LE cosmetic lines and I never thought I'd find anything that could replace my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I may have found it with SFF. I use NW15 (EL Double Wear either Fresco or Desert Beige) and it gives great coverage for me, even though I have combo skin, I have really good skin to begin with. But we all like to look our best. But any wayssss.....This gives medium but build able coverage and last at least a good 8 hr day. It would be nice if it had a pump, but thats not really a factor in the long run since I'm not really sticking my fingers in the bottle, lol

for reference:
Bare Minerals MMU- Fairly Light
L'Oreal True Match- W3
Revlon Colorstay- Nude 200

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. I used to use drugstore liquid foundations and I am so happy that I have switched to MAC. People complain often about the price, however I must say it is really rather affordable. It is $26 for a pretty decent-sized bottle. A container of foundation this size will last me 7-8 months, therefore $26 for a product of such high quality is not very steep. The coverage can be light or heavy, depending on how much you want to build it up. I have not broken out due to this product. I apply it in light circular movements with my fingers and I get a great application. It is long lasting and provides a nice matte finish that is not dry or chalky. Absolutely great.

The only reason I gave this product a 2 instead of a 1 is because it gave my face a really good coverage. However it broke me out like crazy! I hardly ever break out! While using this product, I grew tons of blackheads too. I knew right away that this was the culprit because this was the only new product in my makeup routine. I used this for about a month but should have stopped sooner. I just really wanted that heavy coverage this foundation gave me. But it clogs my pores like there's no tomorrow! I got these tiny white bumps on my cheeks that are still remaining on my face as of this moment. Maybe I would wear this only at night for a special occasion, but I would never wear it all day again! Would rebuy?! NO WAY!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

the coverage of this foundation is awesome! this made my face look close to flawless. i'm very active; i dance, hike, surf and this foundation is still on my skin with decent coverage. but i can't say that i will purchase this again because it made me break out. it is very important to wash this stuff off your face thoroughly (i do mean thoroughly!) before you go to bed; despite it being oil free, the silicone will make you break out if you're not careful. i really tried sticking to this foundation, but after multiple breakouts (even with religious efforts to remove the product off my face), i've had enough.

UPDATE: out of all the foundations i've tried, i think i will repurchase this. although it did make me break out, this is the only one that did a great job with coverage.

UPDATE: i will NOT repurchase. found a better foundation with great coverage and doesn't make me break out, pur minerals.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe this product has such horrible reviews...

I'm light-skinned - a NW15 according to MAC...I purchased this product one shade darker than I should have (NW20) and thought initially that this product wouldn't work for me, but I was wrong - after switching up my color to something that DID work for me, I have found that this makeup is fantastic...
It leaves you with a matte finish, a little does go a long way, and applied with a MAC 187 brush, it gives me movie star looking skin...i would absolutley buy again, and find the packaging a little difficult to manage, but the way i use it is to take a cotton swab, pull off all of the cotton at one end, so you're just left with the stick, stick it into your foundation bottle and drop the liquid you pulled out onto the back of a CD (i use the back of CD's as makeup palettes - i saw it on youtube : ), after that - a little dab with my 187, blending, set with powder and you're good to go...i took off a lippie b/c of the price even though a little lasts you a long time, it's still a hefty price to look at while you're in the store.

see if you can go with a sample of this stuff first, that way you can test it out...other than that - i would proclaim this my HG foundation.