September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BBCat

I got this product as part of the Amazing Grace gift kit. I really like this product and have bought it twice already. A little goes a long way. I've tried almost every face wash for my combination skin -inexpensive and expensive. I like the consistency of this product - very light and smooth. The scent is very calming and pleasant. The product doesn't make my face feel dry nor greasy. Very balancing face wash. Removes my makeup without residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. You only need a little bit to get the job done. It gets rid of all makeup and it doesn't strip your skin, but it does work heavy duty. My dry skin needs a bit more to cleanse it since I've moved to the south. This stuff seems to do the trick. The smell is a little off, but it is very faint. I think I may have found my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SY1004

I can not stand the scent from the Hope in a Jar moisturizer, however the fragrance in this cleanser isn't as intense. It gently lathers up when you add water. This cleanser has a mild moisturizer in it, however it's a 4-in-one product. It takes off makeup, moisturizes, cleanses, and tones. I find that if you lather up the product, the more "clean" your skin feels afterwards. It's an okay product, lasts a long time, and removes my makeup. I think there's better cleansers out there though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2004 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Tirantea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Left my skin so oily I was unable to wash the excess oil off for three days. Yuk!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 10:07:00 AM More reviews by LizzieDahlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This might be good if you had really oily skin.. but for my dry skin it was a disaster.. my skin went nuts and i got face-covering amounts of pimples.. returned to store.. pimples gone in a week.. the SA said it was for 'all types' but i'd say that wasnt true.. nice smell though, refreshing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by purpleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It keeps my skin clear and takes off every single bit of makeup, including waterproof mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2004 8:26:00 AM More reviews by CaliJen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good cleanser I usually use it morning and evenings. I had hoped it had more foam action but it did not. I use more to help with makeup removal, I got this from Nordstrom as the anniversay special 32oz which is excellent buy. I will repurchase next year if this is offered. As far as the cleansing it was not harsh just used one pump full and smooth all over but like I said if you are looking for lather and foam not here. The scent was ok nothing to harsh reminds me of some of your drug store cleansers and my skin feels smooth and clean I did not notice any residue or film of the product after use which is a plus, but a good product and I will rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lilraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser does nothing for my combination skin. It makes my skin feel filmy and it smells like tree bark.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by shr1ne

This is the first cleanser ever that I actually repurchased it several times. Takes my makeup off great. Love skipping the tone step.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bryants3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings for this product and don't think I would buy it again. Pros: It cleans my face pretty well; doesn't cause breakouts; did okay on my sensitive skin. Cons: My face felt very tight and dry after I used this; it didn't always remove all my mascara.