Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/17/2005 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is expensive but I still buy it. I use it soley to remove my make up because it takes everything off and doesnt sting or dry my eye area. I then wash my face with my regular cleanser. I do think it is expensive but it never leaves ANY makeup on me when I use it and for that it is worth its price.

on 3/17/2005 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this in June or July from Sephora; I'd been a big fan of the fragrances of Philosophy's body washes as well as Falling in Love, but the body washes hadn't been terribly kind to my sensitive skin so I wasn't expecting much from Purity Made Simple. Boy was I surprised!
I'd heard that the smell wasn't great but frankly I like it; reminds me a little bit, oddly, of carrots, and in any event it isn't overpowering. The consistency did take some getting used to as I'd never used a really non-lathering cleanser before (though you can make Purity lather if you use a lot/make sure your face is really wet). I love the way it gets my face really clean without irritating it; a couple of weeks ago I had a bout of somewhat painful acne, and decided to switch to Aveeno's Positively Radiant cleanser. After about a weeks' use my face was dried out and looked worse than it had before, so I went back to Purity and my face thanked me for it. (I have no idea what caused that odd, post-adolescent acne, but here's hoping it'll leave and not return!)
Bottom line: Purity Made Simple is my absolute Holy Grail facial cleanser; I've used it consistently for about 9 months now and I don't stick to ANYTHING that long. Cleans without overdrying, and leaves my face soft. It is expensive, but not ridiculously so; I'm a college student and I can afford it - the smaller bottles last for months, and the big one, which my grandmother got me for Christmas, should last me for at least a year.
I can't recommend this stuff highly enough; when I 'cheat' on it, I actually feel guilty. :)

on 3/16/2005 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff..takes off everything except waterproof mascara..no surprise as I think very few cleansers do..

What I like about this stuff is that if I am too tired to put on a moisteriser at night I dont wake up with super dry skin...

The price is offset by the fact you only have to use a tiny bit..

When my two small bottles are empty {I keep one on the sink and the other in the shower} I am going to order the super big bottle from QVC..

on 3/14/2005 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I love this cleanser. It takes off all my makeup and grime without burning my eyes. My skin has had no breakouts since I started using this. When nordies had its sale last summer, I bought the special edition 32oz pump for $40.00. I still haven't used half of it. This is well worth the money and is my HG cleanser...YAH!

on 3/12/2005 2:56:00 PM

This is a refreshing cleanser that is effective and gentle. It has a bright citrus-lemon scent and it removes all traces of foundation, eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. It is a luxurious cleanser without being creamy or heavy. The scent took a while for me to get used to, but I am quite fond of this cleanser. It does what it promises – it removes all dirt, oil and impurites but it is not a "treatment" cleanser for acne or any kind of skin condition. . I alternate it with Fresh’s Soy Makeup Remover and Cleanser but I would certainly repurchase.

on 3/11/2005 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Purity Made Simple is definately the BEST facewash I've used to remove my makeup. I would not recommend this as a facewash to treat acne.

on 3/10/2005 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this in a small try me kit from QVC. I did not like it at all. It was runny and did not produce any kind of bubbles or lather. I have sensitive skin and it irritated it and made it red. It did take off my make-up and any surface dirt. Buy Cetaphil cleanser, it's a whole lot cheaper and does the same thing with a lot less irratation.

on 3/9/2005 5:45:00 PM

Never have I washed my face with anything that left it soft and moisturized, while taking off every trace of makeup. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/9/2005 12:10:00 PM

This is just an okay cleanser. I agree with other reviewers about the bottle not being the best. It doesn't really make me feel like I am getting my skin squeaky clean and I often need to use an eye makeup remover in addition.

on 3/7/2005 6:06:00 PM

Good cleanser. Takes off make-up and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. The bottle is bulky but workable. Lasts quite awhile.