April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this in my Miracle Worker kit. Although I like it and it seems to cleanse without stripping, it simply doesn't measure up to the rest of the philosophy line. My pores tend to get very clogged and Purity doesn't address this much. I would prefer a deeper clean. This strikes me as being no better than soap. It's basically just average. For this price you could probably do better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

Good stuff! I received this as a GWP in the "Exfoliate" set. I used it as a follow-up to "The Great Mystery" and it did a great job of removing all the leftover "stuff" in the product that I didn't want or need. I've used it alone to remove makeup and it took everything off without making my skin feel stripped. No leftover mascara or buring eyes. Product does not foam (which didn't bother me) and has a nice botanical fragrance. Rinses off well but you do feel a bit slick afterward. Overall I'm happy with this and will definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mommybuss

I really like this product! It takes off all my makeup including mascara! I stopped using this for awhile and broke out, within 2 days of going back to it my skin was glowing again! I will never stop using this again (I learned the hard way)! ;P I love all the Philosophy products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2004 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Marlene5532

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have tried many cleansers over the years and this is the first one that actually keeps the somewhat large pores on my nose really clean. No more of those little annoying black dots that drove me crazy trying to unclog. My skin is oily in the T-zone and dry around the eyes and cheeks and this cleanser works well in both those areas. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and not dry and tight right afterwards. Will not be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by pittsburghdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product on two different occasions and it made me break out with zits both times. It list "natural oil extracts" on the bottle so that is probably the reason. I have oily, rosacea skin, so I will stick to Dermalogica as my cleanser. I like the other Philiosophy products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! The first time I used it, I thought, no foaming action, I hate it. But then I read Cristina's (CEO) comments on it and it made sense. You need something to dissolve your makeup, not a foam to just push it around. This does dissolve and remove all my makeup and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. I use it every night and I love it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by petunia333

Absolutely LOVE this stuff! Come home and can't wait to wash my face. It removes all my makeup easily - feels great - and I even like the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by WindyCityGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a try, so I bought the little $10 bottle-

I started using a sample of it on Wed, and I bought on a Friday- On Monday my face had welt like dots, that hurt and were red! Just horrible-
I am lucky to have normal skin, so this was so scary for me- I decided to stop using it and went back to my favorite soap and things are calm now-It's taking awhile for these bumps to go away-There is nothing in them, almost like a mosquito bite!

DO NOT GET THIS if you have sensitive skin-It strips the skin and there is something in there that is not good for the face-

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by moosie

i *really* like this product. i've used it on and off, but now it's my only cleanser and it does such a good job of leaving me super clean. i'm ok with it not foaming up too much (which is saying a LOT!) and the scent isn't so bad.. i love the feeling afterward even though it is a teeny bit drying -- and it's very effective in keeping away the greasies/acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl7

I not only LOVE this cleanser, I actually like the smell! This stuff makes my skin SO soft; the first time I used it I couldn't believe how great my skin felt! The Philosophy line is kind of pricey, but after using the Jump starter kit for a month, I think I'm hooked!