Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/26/2005 3:17:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about 3 - 4 months now and I like it a lot. I've really seen a difference in my skin, both in texture and clarity. It doesn't foam (which I like), contains botanical ingredients (and a minimum of chemicals) and you don't need much to thoroughly cleanse your face. I also like that it doesn't strip the skin, but leaves your face clean, but fresh and dewy. I'll admit, I find Philosophy's packaging a little cheesy...but the products I've tried so far really work.

on 2/25/2005 10:32:00 PM

I really like this - my skin doesn't get dry but it cleans very well, and I like the smell! Will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/25/2005 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser so much. It does not leave my dry skin dry like many others. It works well getting rid of what it should. It is well worth the money.

on 2/24/2005 10:23:00 PM

boring... i like the smell and the bottle, but it's nothing special. kinda drying for my combo skin. i thin i'm over philosophy. all hype.

on 2/19/2005 11:39:00 AM

Removes makeup really well - even mascara without stinging my eyes. It was slightly drying to my combo skin (although nothing that my moisturizer canít handle), which is probably due to the toner aspect. Nice cleanser, but I think itís overpriced for what it does. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

on 2/18/2005 11:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this in a swap before committing to the full size or even shell out some $$. My skin is sensitive, yes, but as calm as it can be, breakouts are *very* rare most of them are due to hormones. I've been using this faithfully morning and night for about a week without any changes in my other skincare regiment and 3 zits appears out of nowhere, not to mention some welts in mid-afternoon. Definitely something that you should try in person before committing to the full bottle. I suspect this rxn is due to all of those botanical extracts, which are dubious in purpose anyway.

I received this in my jumpstarters kit and I normally do not use face wash because I can never find one that I like, but this stuff works great! It is a very light and creamy cleanser that has a slight and refreshing lemony scent. It does a good job of taking of makeup, dirt, and oil. The best part about it is that it does not leave your skin feeling dry and flaky after use. I would purchase this again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as part of the Radiant Skin in a Box kit and it seemed like a combo of cetaphil and Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream. I liked the texture but since I don't wear powder or foundation, I can't vouch for its makeup removal ability. It did seem to remove my mascara with no problems and left my skin feeling nice. However, I have sensitive, acne prone skin with rosacea (great!) on my chin so time will tell if this cleanser is the HG of cleansers.

on 2/16/2005 5:37:00 PM

LOVE this product. Gentle but effective at removing makeup and dirt. Also leaves my face feeling soft and moist. A definite keeper.

I wear Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation which is a "stay put" foundation. I love Purity Made Simple because it cleans off my makeup with only one application. It completely cleans all traces of makeup and oil. I have combination skin and this cleanser does not dry it out but somehow removes all my makeup. I try other cleansers every now and then, but always come back to this one.