July 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2002 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Lacy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to love this foundation so bad but I'm afraid that is has been the cause of my breakouts for the past few months. It is simply too thick to let your face breath and just should not be worn on a daily basis. It is so heavy that it has to clog your pores. It does have a pretty finish but that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2002 11:03:00 AM More reviews by my2kids

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this and thought it was the best stuff in the world. Until after about a month of use I broke out like crazy. So I used their recommended makeup remover to get it off. It made matters worse. So I quit using. It gives a great coverage and matte finish. I would continue using this, but I can't because of the breakouts. It definately lives up to it's name. You practically have to scrub it off. And then your lucky to get it off after that. A foundation like this possibly could not be good for ones skin. LUcidty or equalizer would be my next choice. Ezualizer comes in many shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2001 11:15:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

Good foundation. Lasted well but not long enough especially if you don't let it "sit" and dry. Colors are good. Would buy again if Lancome was out of my shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2001 2:36:00 AM More reviews by dollface

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I put on a lot of moisturizer before I apply it, then dab the foundation on for just enough coverage. See, it's a heavy foundation in itself, but once blended with moisturizer it looks perfectly natural, and it makes my blotchy skin look flawless! At $27 for a bottle I think the price isn't bad, especially since it lasts for months and you don't need to use that much each day. Love the color selection, too - Sand is perfect for my yellow-toned, pale-ish skin! I'll definitely rebuy this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2001 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally fell in love with the performance of Estee Lauder's Double Matte foundation, but was unable to find a good shade match, so the SA introduced me to this formula, which is available in lighter shades than Double Matte. Double Wear also gives a nice matte finish and coverage that lasts all day. You do have to blend it rather quickly, because once it sets, it doesn't move. The price is a little steep, so wait for a GWP. Besides, that way you'll probably get a sample tube of that wonderful More Than Mascara (the best thing to happen to lashes).