November 24, 2014 | 1773 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by iloveCDC

I first tried MAC Studio Fix about 4 years ago and I have never gone back! It gives amazing coverage and it not heavy at all. It is the first foundation I have ever bought that matches perfectly! I usually use Studio Fix over my creme/liquid foundation but it still looks amazing by itself. The only problem is that if dropped, it will most likely break. I still love MAC Studio Fix and will forever use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kajuana2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used other foundations, but find myself always coming back to Studio Fix. As an African American woman it is sometimes difficult to find the right color, but as we all know, MAC is known for it's range of colors especially when it comes to women of color. I'm a C6 (light skinned, yellow undertone)-perfect match for me, even after it oxidizes. I find that using my BE Flawless Application brush to put this on works really well. When finished I spray my face with the Fix+ which takes it to another level. The fix+ (which is like magic) makes my makeup look totally natural, as if I'm not wearing any foundation at all. My only note: like others have said DO NOT drop it, if you do you can expect it to be in pieces. I had other compacts that I dropped and nothing happened, but the Studio Fix will crumble and back to the MAC counter I go!! :-) P.S. There are tons of color, if you feel you don't have the right color, they will swap it for you, keep trying until YOU find the color YOU like.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by blackcat191

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is an ok powder foundation - i use NC45 and this powder gives a great coverage, but i found that, like other reviewers, the colour tends to change after a while! It also makes me quite oily after a couple of hours....that said, the overall colour was a good match and after using blotting sheets, it looked fine. I'm not sure of i like this particular product or if i'm just in awe at the fact that MAC actually do foundations for black skin with such a wide range. Unfortunately, this makes me break out if i use it everyday :( i'd give it a 2.5 because its very easy to apply and comes with its own sponge and mirror; it also tends to last a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lbkgstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought Studio fix only a few days ago and love it! colour matches my skin pefectly. Have to use coco butter to make sure that it looks more natural but result is amazing. would recomend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using MAC studio fix on and off for the past 10 years. I would love to find a mineral foundation that I love, but I have found that the MAC studio fix has the best coverage. Sometimes I use it with a sponge, sometimes with a brush (powder fluff or kabuki). I don't really have anything else to say about this, except that it's pretty great. Yes, it can make some people more susceptible to breakouts b/c of the silica. I think I'll continue to buy and use this, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in NC25, although I think it may be just a hair too dark for me. It gives great, even coverage, although I NEVER use the sponge; I think it's kinda filthy and unhygienic and cakes the foundation on too much. I use a large fluffy powder brush instead, or a buffer brush.

Since my skin is dry, I try to avoid using powder formulas but I actually quite like this one. A light dusting is enough for me because I don't really need a lot of coverage on a daily basis, and it's one of the few foundations that actually stays put all day!

I might continue to look around for a less cakey powder, but until then, studio fix is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SparklinSeahorSe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using this and can I just say... I'm in love!!!

I got my makeup done at MAC a few days ago and the SA recommended this to me. I'm cool-toned, fair-skinned and very pink. I have a few faint capillaries on my cheeks and some old red acne scars on my face that just won't go away. I used to use a green concealing stick, a liquid or cream foundation, two concealers and powder. No matter how hard I tried, my face always looked cakey or my foundation would be gone after an hour at work. I've used Prescriptives, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena, MAC HyperReal, TiGi, and BareMinerals but I was never very happy with any of them. Now I'm in love with Studio Fix! It cuts my makeup time in half because I don't have to apply as many products as I did before, and looks like I'm wearing nothing!

Yesterday I used Prep and Prime, Studio Fix, Select Cover-Up, a little Prescriptives Magic powder and sealed it all with Fix+. I worked a 12-hour day waitressing yesteray and when I got home my makeup still looked like I had just applied it! It was amazing!!! Just another reason why I love MAC...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Pokerbutt

I luv Studio Fix! The best foundation in my opinion simply because i have a perfect match with C40 and because it looks so natural on my skin. I apply it with the flawless application brush from BE and looks awesome. It does tend to clog my pores but nothing a good steam or a good cleanser cant take care of. I've tried many foundations and nothing compares to Studio Fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I am an NC15. I use this every time I go out (which is 5-6 times a week). I have been using this for about 5 months and STILL haven't reached the bottom of the pan. Thankfully it did not break me out. I use the 182 brush and it applies like a dream. Great coverage and not too heavy. Given the time that it will take to use it up, I think the price is pretty good. I just started makeup late last year and my friend got me MAC Pro d/c so that price was beyond excellent. I will probably ask if she would help me out again after I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by versace1008

I bought this powder a while ago, I don't use it every day bec it is pretty heavy...
The coverage is very good and very matte. I feel like they didn't match my color that well and they didn't have an in between color so I got the one that was a tad darker so its okay for summer but not so great for winter.
I have a really hard time matching makeup to my skin so its kind of a pain for me to buy powders and foundation.
I do like that its a powder and foundation in one but in a powder form.
I don't know if I will buy it again, I am looking for something better and not so matte.