October 20, 2014 | 953 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by yukony001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, for me it doesn't give me the coverage a need but what i love to use this for is to bring with me to my school and just keep it in my locker and use it to touch up my foundation and it works great for that i just make sure i have a not too old powder puff in it and that what i use and it workd great. i will definitly buy it again just for that use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Atomickitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail foundation. I have combination skin and I've never had streaks or caky problems. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackLic0rice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love studio fix. It's great coverage and if you figure out how to put it on with your skin it's excellent. I have really dry skin and tried MAC moistureblend which is supposed to be better for my skin type but it ran out too quickly. Studiofix lasts much long but I have to use put on 2 types of moisturizer and cocoa butter underneath it to keep my skin from looking really powdery. It's worth the extra effort though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mercedes99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would NEVER purchase this product EVER again. I was matched as NC35, which did match my skin quite well, but it's SO HEAVY. I felt like I was wearing a mask. It looked okay at first but then oxidized into a streaky, patchy mess, and my skin isn't oily or dry either. MAC failed me again... they're just way too much. I'll stick to my Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous.. it's literally weightless on and it doesn't oxidize into a disgusting mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by eautata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi. I've read most of the reviews and majority of you were telling that this compact is not suitable for combo (oily plus acne skin). The lady in MAC recommended me this even though knowing that I have a combo, cause she asked me. I've been really using this product for almost a year now and it's almost consume. I do get that cakey look in my face. Any tip here on what's best to use for someone like me who has a combo skin? Preferably still in MAC. Thanks in advance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice idea of a compact foundation, but this stuff is awful for oily skin. It streaks and gets cakey where I would just normally have break-through shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by mascaralover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LUV IT!!!!!!!!! BEST POWDER EVER!THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I BUY!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by steenface

I LOVE my StudioFix powder! It provides great coverage, doesn't break my skin out and is super soft. I was hesitant to try it based on some of the reviews but I'm glad I did! When I use it with the Prep+Prime SPF 50, my makeup stays put and I don't ever need a blotting sheet during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i dont use this as a standalone foundation i use it over a liquid one for full coverage on my very oily skin
its a great powder to set the foundation and keep it matte especially in hot days
the color range is great too so i would definately buy again

Ps. if you have really dry skin moisturize well before using this powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Why else would this foundation be the most reviewed product on this site if there wasn't something *great* about it? Studio Fix is awesome, can't beat the color match, coverage, texture, packaging, and price. I love Studio Fix so much, I have yet to find a good shade match in other mu brands. I have acne prone combination skin that tends to get very oily, I don't have any problems with breakouts from SF. Studio Fix works best if you take care of your skin first, make sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and use primer so that this foundation goes on smoothly and not caked on looking or patchy. I use Studio Fix fluid also, which is not as great as Studio Fix powder

**edit** although I do love Studio Fix's classic black round packaging with the bottom compartment for the sponge, it's not very durable--one drop on a hard floor will cause it to break and shatter. :-( be careful not to drop your Studio Fix compact!