November 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lip balm several months ago, but hadn't realized until now that my lips actually feel DRYER after wearing Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I discovered this after purchasing a lip tint, and for the best application I would apply the lip balm before the lip tint. Well, after a few days of this my lips felt very dry. I stopped using the tint, and continued with the lip balm, thinking this would help the dryness. It didn't. So, I look it up in Paula's book... and YEP this lip balm contains peppermint, which actually dries your lips in the long run.

For now, I'm using Aloe Up Natural Lip Ice, with an SPF 15. It seems to be doing better, but it is not the best, as it contains preservatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulLove

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm in the chapstick tube is one of my favorite lip products. I have lips that get dry in sunny & cold weather. I hate my lips without this lip balm, this lip balm is amazing.
I hate the feeling of chapped lips under lipgloss. So I usually apply this under lipgloss. It gives me a smooth base & it makes my lips feel refreshed because of the minty flavour. I also apply this before I go to sleep so I wake up to unchapped lips. I constandly have this in my pocket & I always have this on my lips, neither under lipgloss or just by it's self. I love this smooth minty feeling on my lips. It also makes my lips a bit more pouty, I have notice. Not dramatic pout just a little pout barely noticeable because of the mint.
The packaging of this lip blam comes in two different style. One in a metal round container that you apply with your fingers. Or a chapstick style that doesn't need fingers to apply. I definitely like the chapstick style better because I don't need to coat my fingers in balm. The price for this alright around $4 (Canadian Dollars) for a chapstick or container.
I have been purchasing this product as long as Burt's Bees keep making them. This product is truly amazing. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

I love this stuff... I first tried it a few years back and became instantly addicted (as are all of my friends)... love the smell and how soft this is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by daryl16

I really like this lip balm. For some people the peppermint in it might be too intense, but for me it's not. I actually like it a lot. Made my lips smoother to be honest. Would definitely buy again if I run out =D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ghetto_freak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip balm. It is soothing, calming, and moisurizing. Infused with beeswax and peppermint, it leaves my lips feeling cool and soft. And for the cheap price, you cannot beat it! Thanks Burts Bees!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AmayaNayeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

if you have sensitive skin (eczema) and skin allergies defintely not the lip balm for you! leaves your life stinging and buring red like crazy!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by crnorman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It stings too much! It makes my lips dry and cracked. Don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by evani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay for a lip balm, but nothing special. I prefer my Dr. H, Softlips, or mark lip balms to this. My biggest gripe is that the tin is IMPOSSIBLE to open, but for some reason I just don't like the smell either. It's not offensive or anything, but it's just not my style.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got to say it, I love this stuff. For some odd reason, I find Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm comforting. I HATE DRY LIPS!! I have to have something around me at all times such as lipgloss, chapstick or whatever to keep my lips from being dry. Dry lips drive me crazy! This lip balm is perfect for this very important job. I can't say enough good about these things. I love the cooling peppermint feel of this balm. I love the texture and the way it makes my lips feel. I wouldn't mind buying a case of them. I love them that much! I keep them all over the house, at work, in pockets and in the car. Everywhere I am, they are!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by vietgurlisa

I got the tin of this balm in a swap. I love the fact that its minty feeling, it makes me feel like its "working" and I'm pleased with this since I seem to have misplaced my C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine at the moment. I don't like the tin just because I hate dipping into it, but if the stick is the same, I would definitely repurchase that.