MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/25/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product so much.Is a powder and foundation in one meaning you can use it alone or as a powder to set foundation and for more coverage. Combines good coverage with ease of application.Has matte, velvety texture,contains Silica which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on your skin.Is long-wearing and as all the mac products comes in a wide range of colours.You can apply it with a big powder brush if you want to set you foundation or if you like sheer coverage or with a sponge if you need some more coverage.What I love the most about this product is the fact that the texture of this product is so fine(so you can use it over your foundation and will not be..too much..!!!) and the talc in it has been milled to a microscopic size so Its almost like loose powder but with full coverage and my oily skin never shines with Studio Fix.One lippie off only because some time can be very cakey

on 3/24/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My favorite powder I have ever used. I use this everyday with a brush, not the pad so it lasts FOREVER!
UPDATE**10/15/2011 I stopped using this for a while and am now back to topping off my foundations (MAC SFF, ELDW, Rev CS) with this. I really love this powder. Sets my foundations perfectly!

on 3/24/2008 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product.....My skin dosn't get any break out....and it really looks flawless......I just love it.....

on 3/23/2008 3:56:00 PM

I was addicted to this but for the past few days I havent and everyone has commented on how my face cleared up... I guess it really does clog your pores though it was a nice foundation that covered blemishes and small imperfections and stayed the whole day while not looking cakey however it seems like i break out wearing it.... so now back to looking for a good foundation.... =/

on 3/23/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have never experienced an allergic reaction to foundations before but

I would NEVER buy this product again..............MAC foundations break me out like CRAZY and my skin got all red and irritated from it, even when it was just for a day. I am very very disappointed. I'm definitely tossing this. What a waste of my money... i hate mac foundations!!!!!!!

Update: Today, I used another foundation and it is clearing up already.

I recentley bought this product, and I love it!!!! I have sensitive skin, and I didnt break out from this or have any reaction. It contains Silica, so that helps with pimples and blemishes. I gives you a nice, matte, natural finish. It can be applied as a sheer coverage, or a medium coverage.You can apply it with a sponge or brush. I LOVE this powder!!

PS. I am NC15. :]

on 3/23/2008 9:07:00 AM

I read a lot of reviews before buying this product. I have to say that I am happy with it, especially the color (NC25). Gives nice coverage, but it can look a little dusty. I will re buy it, until something new comes along.

on 3/23/2008 12:34:00 AM

It's a pretty okay foundation in my opinion, gives good coverage and also does NOT go cakey or icky after many hours of application. I wear mine up to 12h a day but i spend long hours outside home..
Its a good buy except the price though, but its a worthy investment.
I'm not too used to it, and so I'll be returning to everyday minerals makeup.
Be sure to apply this with a brush, any brush is good, like kabuki or flat top or any powder brush! Such foundation is too good to be wasted on cheap sponges, most importnatly because it does not apply well and wastes powder.

on 3/22/2008 12:14:00 PM

I loved, loved, loved this, but even the lightest shade is way too dark for me. No caking on my oily skin around my nostrils or chin crease and an o.k. coverage for my rosacea. I used a flat stipling brush to apply it dry. I like pressed powder foundation so much more than loose. I gave it 4 lippies because of the limited shade range.

on 3/22/2008 2:05:00 AM

This provides great coverage and fits my skin color very well (NC25) but it tends to make my dry skin very cakey looking. This eventually happens even after applying moisturizer beforehand. Sometimes there are problems with oxidation so the color of the foundation distressingly changes during the day. I find that using a foundation brush rather than sponges helps to lighten the coverage so your face won't look like a mask.
The compact looks like it will last me several months, but all in all, I find that I prefer more sheer powder foundations and will not likely repurchase.