October 1, 2014 | 991 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone and (dare I say) starting-to-age skin with some scars/hyperpigmented blemishes that need med-full coverage. Being asian, yellow tone foundation is a must. I am quite pleased with the range of shades MAC offers and to date, after 4 months of use, have not had breakouts...on top of usual hormonal flareups. Coverage is pretty good, no problems applying; coverage is better when applied with clean fingers/foundation brush vs. sponge. Not my HG. With my skin's transition to the maturing phase, I'm more in search of light diffusing, moisturizing foundation...I'll be leaving a review for Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation after this entry to address this latter issue. UPDATE: LM broke me out so I'm back to using this daily, esp in summer when SPF is a must. NC30 is a good match in summertime but looks a little too orange in winter when I get no sun. I like to mix this with NC25 in a pot so I can customize the foundation color. This is the easiest foundation for me to apply in the morning rush with nice coverage. OK, so it's close to being my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dispassionate

I love this foundation! I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I usually put foundation on when I'm looking particularly disgusting or for certain occasions (otherwise I'm too lazy to bother, haha). The color matches my skin tone perfectly (I use NC35) and a little dollop on a makeup sponge is enough to cover my entire face evenly. The main thing with this is to not put on too much and wear moisturizer underneath - too much will clog your pores and cause more acne. I've noticed, though, that I do break out more after wearing this all day for a long period of time, but only in warm, smoggy areas like L.A. I wore this foundation for a week in the east coast and no breakouts whatsoever.

In short, great coverage and consistency, but be sure to use in moderate amounts. If you're acne-prone, maybe don't wear it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by makjunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, and best of all it does NOT break me out. Its hard for someone with oily skin to find a foundation that has GOOD staying power. I tried so many brands and they all kind of seemed to disappear by middle of day.

I wanted something that does not look heavy, but has the ability to cover broken cappilaries on my nose and the occasional breakout = seach no more, i found it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by heyitskaren

I love studio fix! It isn't too heavy like some MAC foudations, and it doesn't clog my pores. What i found is that the people don't properly moisturize their face are the ones with flaking problems, I used to have that problem untill i exfoliated my face. My sister also uses this and she has sensitive skin and it does not break her out, although when she forgets to wash her face she does tend to break out (not because of studio fix, it's because she likes to touch her face). The shade on mine is perfect (NC42), and it makes my normal skin look flawless. I love love love this foudation. All i do is put on my moisturizer, wait for it to dry off and apply it with me SE 187 brush and it looks PERFECT. I've been using this for about one and a half months. It's somewhat pricy, but it's totaly worth it for a flawless face. Packaging is also a pain, i dont have that pump thingy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by 0471

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this foundation alot, i had used the msf for a while and that foundation hada lil sparkle in it but once i got to this website i decided to go and try these, thier amazing but you have to apply light cos it can be heavy

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by yaya21

I used this for about a year, not the same bottle of course, but the formulation stopped blending well and I looked fake and made up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOL, this is like my third review on this foundation. I have decided I love this foundation. Really, its the best IMO. I had first given this 3 lippies, & think this is because I was color matched wrong. Also, I do not think I was removing it properly (breakouts!). I am a NC25...very seldomly I can bump that up to a NC30. I apply this with the MAC 187 (my favorite brush ever...). I love that it doesn't dry quickly & is easy to blend. It is pretty heavy coverage (something I like), so I wouldn't recommend this to someone looking for a natural look. It DOES oxidize, but I find that by applying MAC blot powder (I use Medium/Dark) through out the day helps this a lot because it keeps the oilies under control:). Make sure to throughly remove this before bed, because, like I said, it is a very heavy foundation & will clog pores.

If you are looking for a medium to very heavy coverage foundation, then I really recommend this. Even just to use on special occasions this is great, as it does hold up pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Tsu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skintype: Caucasian, cool (NC25 in MAC, Vanilla in Make Up Store).

The first thing you notice is the coverage - it covers up blemishes and spots amazingly well. The consistency is pretty fluid, and it doesn't seem too heavy on your skin. But because of the coverage; be certant to get the right color! With the wrong color, this foundation will look like a mask.

UPDATE
I used to apply it with a MAC sponge, but the 168 brush (ment for contouring) works much more well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the foundations i've tried that i do not like. It does give the coverage, but all of MAC foundations make my face oily and it makes my face look fake, like it looks like i have alot of makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by fangsdelivery

I love how this foundation makes my skin looks. some people claim that it makes your skin breakout, but I think it really depends on how you use it. this foundation is not a light weight foundation by any means, you only need a little bit to make your face look beautiful. if you put on too much, it does feel like it's gonna clog ur pores and i guess the only result from pore clogging is breaking out. if you prefer a lighter and more natural looking foundation, I suggest Clinique Superbalanced makeup foundation!

it provides a good coverage, i don't even need much concealer after putting it on. it makes ur skin flawless on its own. I will definetely buy again!