MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/20/2008 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am very happy with this foundation. It is easy to apply, with a brush or a sponge. I prefer to use a sponge because it is easier to control and I don't get any streaks. In the winter I can use a bit more as I need more coverage, and in the summer, I can apply with a lighter hand. It can look a little powdery if you use too much though. It can also be a bit drying, so I just make sure to use it when my skin is feeling "normal". It gives me a great flawless finish that looks great in photo's and lasts all day. I would give it a 5 if it was a tad more moisturizing.

on 6/20/2008 2:15:00 PM

I purchased this as the colour under the shop lights looked great on me but I came home and hated it! It looked very heavy and I looked made up! I bought NC 35 - I have read other reviews where people have said to blend alot for it to look good so I will try this and post an update. However I am still on the look out for a natural foundation!

on 6/19/2008 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this! I have been on a recent hunt for a new foundation after a foundation that I previously rated a "5" gave me horrible acne. This is wonderful. It covers well, has staying power and doesn't look cakey. I use the cream blush and blot powder with it for a flawless look. I also recently rated La Roche Posay, which I also really like; however, this has better coverage. I will use the La Roche for weekends and casual times; however, Studio Fix Fluid is almost certainly my HG. I have tried everything. I am finished with my hunt!!!

EDIT - The hunt continues. For some reason, it started to look orangy on me. I think as I lose the summer color, it continues to look worse. :(

on 6/14/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use Studio Tech creme foundation (NC30, NC35) but decided to try a liquid foundation. I asked the MUA which liquid foundation was best for oily complexions and she said, without hesitation, that Studio Fix Fluid was best. She matched me up with NC30 which I agreed was a good match. I like the consistency: not too thick, not too runny; I used a foundation brush and liked the way it applied. It was thick enough to cover redness and even my complexion, but it didn't dry too fast to make even spreading difficult. My skin is VERY oily and acne-prone, but has dry patches and redness from my acne treatment - but you couldn't tell once I put this foundation. After about 10 hours of wear, my skin is a little shiny - I don't expect miracles - but much less so if I were not wearing this foundation (along with MAC Blot powder too); it didn't feel heavy or cakey and it did not oxidize/change colour. Conclusion: Not the perfect foundation, but I like it better than my previous HG, Studio Tech. **EDIT** Many MUA-ers complain about the lack of pump: what I do is, after shaking the bottle upside down, I uncap and dip my foundation brush into the cap; the foundation in the cap is more than enough for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

covers well, blends well. I was very suprised I never thought I would be using a liquid. I went into MAC because my face seemed to be getting drier and the Studio FIx seemed to be emphasizing that. You cant even tell I am wearing foundation when I wear this it just evens out my skin and covers imperfections. I had a great MAC artist who was patient with me.
This matches my skin perfectly and as a CCC thst is not easy. going into a drug store is not even an option for me.

THANKS DALLAS NORTHPARK MAC ARTISTS.

on 6/9/2008 10:39:00 PM

This is one of my favorites foundations. I wasnt too keen on it at first as i didn't realise that it is quite a thick fluid- but if used spearingly it's fantastic. It's in my top three along with Napoleon stick foundation and my all time favorite La Prairie skin caviar foundation.

What i love so much about this product is that it gives me a great glow, a nice matt finish and it covers all the bits i want to cover without having to use concealer or a powder over the top to seal it... it also doesn't transfer onto garments easily. It worth about $55au which is moderate.
I can honestly say that this product has restored my faith in fluid foundations.

LOVE IT

on 6/8/2008 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i was pleasantly surprised by this foundation..i use nc40 and for a foundation that doesn't stick completely to your face (like color stay) and.. has that normal finish about it.. it s a pretty good foundation.. (and ive tried all).. it covers my scars and provides a natural finish.. used with a good thick foundation brush.. this can really allow u to look natural and polished.. just remember to cleanse and dont give in to the people at the counter who will most likely suggest a darker color..
; )

on 6/7/2008 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am curently an nc45 in this and its one of the best foundations I have ever tried. In the market it is very difficult to find colors for darker indian skin since we do have yellow undertones. A lot of darker foundations made me look ashy or orangy but this makes my skin looks so natural and flawless. I have gotten countless compliments on how nice my skin looks. When i tell them that it is foundation, they do not believe me. Its look super natural, and I only need one pump to get the perfect coverage i need. I had to buy the pump though, I hated it without it. I highly recommend you buy the pump, it makes life so much easier to use. You control the ammount you use. Truthfully, all you needs is 1 -2 tiny pumps and your good to go.

I have acne -prone skin and very oily skin, so the fact that this product is oil free is a definite plus. I also recommend you get the blotting powder to control the shine throughout the day and to set the foundation. I must say I have barely broken out and i am very pround to see that even if i did, its was like one or two small pimples. Other than that i adore this product.

on 6/4/2008 11:50:00 AM

I went to MAC and ask for a foundation that could help cover up my red and brown pimples scars (breakout started recently, never seemed to go away to due hormonal changes). The SA recommended this and so I got the babe back and put it on for a wedding dinner. My colour is NC25.

It really does a decent job of covering most of the scars, except of darker ones that I need concealer to conceal with. I don't use it everyday, just 2-3 times per week and I love it because it has the coverage that I want and is thick enough give a consistant colour for my face.

So far, it don't give me breakouts on my forehead and nose (i am excluding jawline and cheek here coz it's my breakout zone now). Oil control wise is quite alright, maybe because I put on loose powder to set it.

I would definitely buy again if I finished this bottle. One thing I want to rant and that they never give me the pump for my foundation and I must use a spatula to scoope out the foundation.

on 5/31/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I'm an NC44 in winter, and NC45 in summer..

At first: I tried this, and it oxidized horribly on me. We're talking BRIGHT ORANGE. Even with primer underneath as well as setting it with poweder and Ben Nye's mist and all that.

After about a year, I decided to go back, since I'd tried several other foundations with no luck. I was in luck, or so I thought. For some reason, it seemed to work BEAUTIFULLY. I was constantly getting compliments on how beautiful my SKIN was.. and I wasnt even using much!
After 2 weeks:
ZITS, ZITS, and more ZITS. And I mean, mountain ranges on my face! Painful, cystic acne on my cheeks and a mix of black and whiteheads on my forehead. After reading many reviews and speaking with several artists, I discovered that I was not alone in this problem. After a week of using other foundations, my skin has cleared up dramatically. I am SOOO dismayed.