MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just got back from the mall with this stuff. I read some of the other reviews before purchasing, and I was pretty wary of the SA suggesting the wrong shade for me. But she sat me down and immediately went for the NC30, and from what I can see it perfectly matches my skin. It makes my not-very-flawless skin look pretty close to perfect. I didn't get the pump but didn't have much of a problem with pouring it out of the bottle, who knows.
Of course, I JUST got this so there's still some room for something to go wrong. But I'll update if something does. I really hope this won't make me break out like it did some other people - my skin looks amazing!

It doesn't agree with my skin, though the makeup effect is really good.
It seriously clogs my pores, I still have maybe half a bottle, but I am not going to use it anymore.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation because MAC has so many different colors and I was tired of having to mix foundations to get a perfect shade. I use this in NC44 and matches my skin perfectly. I try not to use a lot but it does tend to spill out of the bottle and a lot of it gets wasted. They should make a pump version of it. It covers all imperfections. I dont even need to use condealer. It pretty much lasts all day and I touch up with the MAC pressed powder. So far I'm still on the first bottle. Have been using it for about 4 months almost daily and I bought a 2nd just in case I run out anytime soon.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I like this foundation. I am lucky and have never really had problems with breaking out and dont with this product either. It is all about the application. I use sparingly so it doesnt look so masky. It evens out my tone nicely and blends great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh no i really wanted to like this foundation but sadly it is not meant to be. i absolutely love how good my skin looks using this and the fact that it is spf 15 is an added bonus but there are two reasons why this lovely foundation and i cannot remain friends! firstly, i bought this in nc30 as thats what most of my foundation, powder, concealer etc are from mac but this makes me look like homer simpson when i first put it on, there are severe and i mean severe yellow tones to this but after a while it mealts in and it looks great so i wont hold that against it. the only reason why i cant use this is THIS BROKE ME OUT!!! i didnt realise that was what was doing it untill i remembered every time i use this ,the next day my skin looks terrible absolutely terrible and i hardly ever have a reaction to products so i was very surprised by this. this is a gorgeous foundation and if mac sort out their formula and their extreme yellow i would definitely repurchase but for now it sits at the back of my makeup drawer :(

I'm always on the hunt for a foundation that will suit my sensitive, very oily PPP complexion. The reviews were not great for MAC Studio Fix, but I saw how flawless my friend's skin looked after using this, so I thought I would give it a try. Unfortunately, although the finish looks fantastic and photoshopped for the first half hour or so, this LF does not last on me. I also dislike it because :

1. NC15 is too dark and orange on my PPP skin.
2. The foundation does not wear well on my super oily skin even with an oil control base underneath. I start to shine after 3 hours and it wears away gradually (and patchily) after 6-7 hours with 2 touchups.
3. The foundation oxidises on me! By the end of the day I look orange.
4. The foundation feels very heavy on the skin (unlike some other LF I've used). I think my skin condition also deproved somewhat when I was using this (about a month).

In short, I've stopped using this foundation and am still searching for a foundation that works... continued >>

This is the first MAC foundation I have ever tried & it did not break me out at all. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's the best foundation I've bought so far. I love the buildable coverage. I usually just put it on VERY lightly, but when I have a pimple I can pack it on good & it still looks really natural, not cakey. The only thing is that you have to play with it at first to figure out what looks best on you as far as coverage bc a little goes a very long way. I don't have any complaints about that though. I see that as a positive bc it means I have more control. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't already have a pump. Other than that, I'd definitely buy it again =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love it.The first foundation that really fits perfectely to my acne skin tipe.The non-oil formula is great.100%recomended.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was using the studiofix powder for over 2 years now, and though I loved it, in the winter it gets soo cold and my skin on my face cracks and I get rashes from the wind and snow (I live in Canada). Anyway, the powder would set into those cracks, but it looked great in summer! So I decided to try the liquid version. I LOVE it!! It give awesome coverage, which is one of the main reasons I buy it. It makes me look golden, my face is reddish from damage to the cold so much when I was a kid. It does get a little oily during the day, but then I just do a light touchup with my studiofix powder. I haven't had any breakouts, and I love that this has SPF 15, very smart!! I will use this forever, along with the powder version, it's too great to pass up...the only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump

I got this in the lightest shade and it was still way too dark on me. I had to end up giving it away to a friend.

This foundation actually covered well and didn't make my sensitive skin break out (like it did some friends of mine), but it wears off way too easily and the coverage doesn't last throughout the day and I would not recommend this product to anyone who has oily skin.

Even if MAC had the perfect shade for me in this foundation, I wouldn't buy it again.