April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by watchthestars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like the reviewer below says, the shades in this range are SO off. I bought NC15, and the shade is nothing like its equivalent in Select liquid foundation. Why is that? It's a shame because the coverage and staying power is incredible, the best I've ever used (my skin is very oily and most foundations have melted off by lunchtime) but this is much, much too yellow for my complexion. And as for NW15 - too orange! I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

As long as you can find the right shade for you, this foundation would be fantastic but sadly girlies, my search for the perfect foundation continues. I am deeply dissapointed in MAC because i found with this one, NC15 was much darker than usual. Okay, the shades depending on the type of foundation do vary BUT - surely not this much. Please make no mistake, i have the rare problem with having extremely pale skin.

On a better level, for those of you wishing to know what the actual product is like, it smells a bit clinical but stays on for a long time and builds well. No use to me at all so it will be going on my list!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by StphVal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally love this foundation. I finally found an exact match for my skintone which has been very difficult in the past couple of years. This foundation gives me a flawless look. It also lasts a long time on my combination skin <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I ditched my MMU for a week (in search of something w/better coverage for my visible pores) and got a tester of this at the MAC counter. I have oily/combo/sensitive skin so its hard for me to find a foundation with good coverage/staying power & oil control that doesn't irritate my skin. I am disappointed to say that this isn't it. Day one I was impressed that my skin wasn't as oily, and I liked the coverage. But I noticed my face started feeling a little "tight". I stuck it out for a week, and now my skin has broken out with a couple of those underground pimples, and some little whiteheads here and there, which is not the norm for me. Overall my skin looks irritated so now I've stopped using it. I was really hoping this would work for me but it looks like I'll have to go back to my MMU for now.. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

I have been using this foundation for about 4 years now and i love it. It gives me good cover but it is not too havey on your skine.It dose not cause my skin to break out.This is my foundation for ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by KirstyLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my God, I am officially in love. Using just the tiniest bit, I have pretty much air-brushed skin. I have been using Studio Tech for years, never thought I would stray as I love a fuller coverage. But this bad boy has won me over. I didn't need to use concealer, even on the hideous spots on my chin, and no powder. I'll have to see how it lasts through the day. I have normal/dry skin, NC35. This foundation is me for life now. YAY!!!

P.S. Obviously, this may not be the most natural looking makeup, but wow I just love the coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Shannon317

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is not that good and not bad.
But I dont like it because of bad things and never buy again.

Good things are perfect cover, no redness, no irritation
Bad things are soooooo!!! yellow( I am even asian), very thick
It is nc 20 .

If you want full coverage and dont mind something thick so everyone could
recognize that you did make up , I would recommend it
But If you are not.. I would never recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by minijen

i like this one. i am using this one currently. i bought it, telling the MAC rep that i have acne-prone skin. it does seem thin at first, but does cover well. it doesnt look too fake at all, in comparison to studio tech. and after you dust a little powder on top, it is flawless, but in a natural way. trust me, i have pimples, and sometimes theyre terrible. but this is very good for hiding them without making your face look cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by earamsey

I wear this foundation (in NC25) once in a while when I need to look flawless. It provides excellent coverage without looking the least bit cakey like Estee Lauder Double Wear. I only wear this once in a while because it does tend to break me out if I wear it too often. For everyday, I wear Clinique Stay True foundation.
I found it helpful to remove this product at night with makeup remover wipes, then wash with Mac Green Cleanser, and then tone. It can be a b to get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by NYLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. The summary is that this Studio Fix Fluid = Studio Fix Powder Foundation without any cakey and no oily effect. I love this because my skin looks so good with it. It almost can't see my blemish underneath; and I'm satisfied with my glow and smooth skin. Eventhough I got a not-so-vivid blemish trait, but once I top it with concealer, it's perfect.

/HOW I FALL IN LOVE: Let's say, I turn my back on MAC's foundation for a couple years before I've switched from powder foundation to fluid foundation, and learnt how to apply the fluid with foundation brush.

/The thing is that I loved Studio Fix powder foundation but because it's way too greasy for the Summer. I can't stand it anymore. So when I learned how to use the foundation brush with the fluid foundation -- not MAC of course -- since at the moment thisi Studio Fix Fluid hasn't came out yet. I became addicted to Fluid foundation.

/So when this Studio Fix Fluid came out for a while, I decided to give it a try. Thanks to MakeupAlley's reviewers, saying that this fluid form is putting together Studio Fix Powder Foundation, but not in the way too oily and cakey.

/First I tried it, love it. It's just perfect for my skin which require medium coverage -- but not too thick layer, smooth, not oily, staying through the day. Love it so far!

/SUGGESTION FOR MAC: The improvement that MAC can do is to put this in the pump container, so it's easier to use. But up until now the packaging is not that bad to complain -- still acceptable.

/REPURCHASRE: I will repurchase this as long as there's no better solution to cover up blemish red/brown spots. All I have to do is to apply a concealer for the day I want an ABSOLUTE-NO-BLEMISH-TRAIT look.

/For reference: I'm NC30 with yellow undertone, Brown eyes, dark brunette hair.