August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

This is my FAVORITE foundation! I love it! It goes on soooo smooth. Never looks cakey and the coverage is absolutely amazing. It covers anything. A little goes a long way and the color actually matches my skin. I use the dusk shade. Some foundations are too pinky or orangy but this one is very neutral and doesn't leave that makeup line near the chin. I just adore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Wendy_S

This is my HG foundation!! I've used EL's Equalizer, which I liked, but didn't last on my oily skin. This one works wonders for me. I blend a few colors depending on the time of year, but I always end up happy. It goes on fairly thick and I don't like a made-up look, so I'm very careful with the application. As long as I just use a small amount, it covers extremely well without looking caked on...however, even when I apply it heavily, I have to get close to the mirror to see an unnatural finish. In the summer, I need other mattifying products to stay totally grease-free, but this is the best foundation I've found (and I've tried my share). I'm in my 20's and Estee Lauder isn't really considered a trendy "cool" brand...but the quality of their makeup is generally well above average. I would suggest this to anyone. *edited* I read a few other reviews after posting mine and they mentioned breakouts. I have been using this foundation for around 6 months and EL foundation for over a year. I have oily skin that isn't acne prone...I've never had any problems with this causing breakouts. I do get the occasional blemish, but I've been that way since puberty. I don't think it's at all related to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

I really love this foundation. It goes on smoothly and truly does last all day long. It has a matte finish and provides excellent coverage. If you want a sheer, light foundation, this would not be the foundation for you. I highly recommend if you want a long wearing, medium coverage, matte finish to your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MAClovah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives fantastic coverage, and doesn't slide off my face 4 hours after being applied in a hot, humid summer like most foundations do. I agree that the colour selection is quite limited, but i was lucky to find a good match in Bone. The staying power is amazing; even my husband complimented my skin when i first tried it, and he saw it 14 hours after application! I don't have to use concealer when i wear this, and just a small amount gives great coverage when applied with a foundation brush. I will probably not use it in the winter when my skin is much drier, but until then, this is my new favourite foundation! yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 2:31:00 AM More reviews by casperdiesel93

This foundation does give a good coverage but is very mask-like. It does seep into all your pores and fine lines. I am thirty two and find that the foundation is quite aging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossgirl333

My skin is very pale and estee Lauder did not have any shades light enough. It did stay put but it was kind of mask-like and did bother my skin some.overall it was okay but not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by laceybwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is beautiful. It truly is. It glides on beautifully - not a stiff matte, but not creamy either. It makes my skin looks flawless and lasts a long time, BUT I think it may encourage my breakouts just a little. Overall, I will buy it again because I have never been able to find a foundation that looks as beautiful as this one. I'm looking, though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by JillyT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite the philanderer when it comes to foundation but I always come back to Double Wear. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and found a perfect color match (Shell). Not only does this foundation last ALL day but it looks completely natural while giving great coverage. This is one of the only foundations that does not look mask-y on me. I have normal-dry skin that is *not* breakout prone. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by HoMeSkillet8212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This covers so nicely and leaves such a natural finish! It lasts a very long time also..and its NOT hard to wash off! I use cetaphil with a warm washrag and all of it comes off. My only complaints are its not very good for very dry skin because my skin is peeling right now and it sticks to all of the patches, and the color selections aren't that great...but luckily the color Shell matches me very nicely in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

If you want coverage - this is unbeatable. It does set quickly so don't take your sweet time putting it on. It doesn't come off and will last all day (as in 12-16 hours!!!). You will need a good cleanser - I use Cetaphyl. Whenever I wear this foundation, I am always complimented on how good my skin looks. Something that I don't get from using others. Only complaint if any, it is thick and I really prefer not using it during the summer when you want to be more bare and natural - I prefer a more tinted type moisturizer then. I use warm sand and it is a perfect match for my pale yellowish skin. Believe me, it will cover everything without looking mask-like. Not for the weak.......ha!