MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/22/2008 10:34:00 PM

When I first tried studio fix i loved the coverage and feel it gave my skin. I understood what all the hype was about. It was just as good as Lancome's Dual Finish but about 20.00 cheaper. However, my skin started to look absolutely terrible. I've always had clear skin, until i used this product!!! After I stopped using it my skin cleared up thank god.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I dont usually purchase MAC make up because I find it pricey and the girls working there always look like theyre wearing mountains of makeup. But i got a gift card for my birthday so I decided to try studio fix powder. They did a good job of matching my colour, and the coverage is excellent, I use a concealer underneath, and then this, and it looks great, in fake light that is. I find in natural light it looks dark, and makes my skin look dull. It also doesn't last more than a few hours for me, by the end of the day, its pretty much gone, and my nose area is all flaky and powdery looking. Another thing that bugged me, is it cost me $32, and it lasted 2 months, while most drugstore foundations last me at least 3-6 months. The coverage was really good, thats what kept me wearing it, but everything else is just a big bummer about this foundation.

on 4/20/2008 6:26:00 PM

I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and it does a wonderful job to cover it up. I really like this product, and i'm already on my second one.

on 4/20/2008 1:42:00 PM

Acne prone, Oily combination skin, with some scarring. I gave this a shot after seeing how different it made this lady's face look at a mac counter while she was having a makeover. It covers all my pores, takes away the grease on my nose, and covers my redness, broken caps and some of my scarring from my acne days. it does oxidises a litttle after a couple hours but that is normal with my skin and most foundations. a touch up mid day with this again or mac blot powder does the job. A cheap and great foundation.

on 4/20/2008 1:26:00 AM

I think it works differently for different skin tones. I'm 26 and have always had acne prone skin. I can't use the powder as a foundation, but its great as a powder, it blends very easily and isn't cakey or flaky. One thing I noticed too is that it doesn't rub off on everything like some do. Its a little pricey, but the one I have now I've used every day and got it in September, and it's barely showing the metal part.. Lasts forever. Best when blended with a brush, instead of the sponge.

on 4/20/2008 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first powder foundation that I've tried after years of only using liquid foundation and at first found it to be quite refreshing and great. I have oily skin with lots of imperfections so I needed something that would fit the bill for both conditions. Although this is a powder foundation, it gave surprisingly good coverage. Great at times even. I loved the fact that I could get a great finish without hassling with liquid foundations. After a while of using this though, I did find three things that were deal breakers for me. One was how this accentuated any dry spots on my face even after proper use of moisturizers. Two, my face always looked dull and ashy when I wore this foundation and the addition of shimmery bronzer/blush just made it look worse in my opinion. Finally, this changed colors on me after wearing this for a few hours, especially around my jaw line. I believe this would be good on gals with extremely oily skin without dry spots but beware of the fact that this could change colors.

on 4/19/2008 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Without a doubt this is still the best foundation yet. The finish is a great matte flawless look and covers my acne marks , and pores like a dream. i will stop drifting from this one now. i used it before and tried many others in between and i'm sold to this after visiting MAC again. Affordable and works. Does not break me out , acne prone skin, NC15. I remove this with loreal's makeup remover for the face.

on 4/19/2008 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

** updated review**
I read reveiws na MUA and found the Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily skin, and as it was cheap I decided to give it a try. I have now been hooked on the Revlon foundation as it has staying power even for my very oily skin, it's easy to apply, and great full coverage, I stopped using the MAC studio fix and have been using revlon for 2 months, ,my pimples have been reduced by a LOT, therefore I think the MAC was making me break out with cycstic pimples.

After what seems like looking round the world for a foudation with powder for VERY oily skin, this seems to be the best so far. I have tried many many other foundations powder, and never really thought of buying MAC until about a year ago, as MAC seem to be cheaper than other brands. I am now using my 3rd studio fix compact, the thing is with very oily skin I have given up expecting any product to stay on my skin for more than 8 hours and this seems to be the best so far.

Advantgages:

The fact that this is a foundation with powder means that I can just carry one compact around with me during the day and reapply if necessary.

Coverage is medium, which for me is ideal as it hides my flaws but also doesn't make me look like I have a layer of thick one coat paint on.

Value for money is excellent, in addition the service you get from MAC make up artists is the best I've experienced. As I a very picky about the colour to match my natural skin colour, I go to 3 different MAC counters and all have tried different shades on me, good thing is they all gave me the same colour.

Disadvantages:
It is a bit dry when first applied however if you have oily skin then this would be ideal as later on the day it feels better (later on meaning approximately 1.5 hours later).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really disappointed with this product. For a powder, the coverage is fantastic. It looks great on my friends which is why I bought it, but it's, well, icky. It made my skin looks chalky and dry even though it made my skin feel oily to the touch and it felt heavy. It also clogged my pores so I had to wash it off within 4 hours of putting it on because I was starting to break out. And last but not least when I sweat it makes my skin sting. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know why this happened, but it did. I definitely would not recommend this if you have acne prone or dry/combination skin. I'll stick to Simply Powder . *11/2009* I decided to give this powder a try.. again.. Still not happy with it. It still dries me out, breaks me out, and looks chalky. Booo. I want so badly to like this but I just can't. *sigh* $26.00 wasted again.

on 4/18/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I need more coverage than this can provide without getting chalky and cakey. Gotta love the color selection though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials