July 31, 2014 | 1459 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Why else would this foundation be the most reviewed product on this site if there wasn't something *great* about it? Studio Fix is awesome, can't beat the color match, coverage, texture, packaging, and price. I love Studio Fix so much, I have yet to find a good shade match in other mu brands. I have acne prone combination skin that tends to get very oily, I don't have any problems with breakouts from SF. Studio Fix works best if you take care of your skin first, make sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and use primer so that this foundation goes on smoothly and not caked on looking or patchy. I use Studio Fix fluid also, which is not as great as Studio Fix powder

**edit** although I do love Studio Fix's classic black round packaging with the bottom compartment for the sponge, it's not very durable--one drop on a hard floor will cause it to break and shatter. :-( be careful not to drop your Studio Fix compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dgaf_xtina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the studio fix powder for about 7 years now.... sometimes for whatever reason, i start to think that there may be a better foundation product out there.. so i put away my studio fix and venture out to try something new.. i've done this AT LEAST 15 times, if not more, and every single time i end up coming back to my fabulous studio fix! it really is my favorite foundation product.. partly because it is really simple and fast to use, and it gives me a flawless looking face!!! i have combo skin, mostly get oily in my t-zone... and i do get a tad shiny in the middle of the day with this, but it's easily taken care of by blotting. some people have complained that it changes color on the face after awhile, but i haven't noticed this over the years of using it... i am currently an N5 in this, but that changes depending on if i am tanning or not. oh yeah and also, i don't apply using the sponge that is included in the packaging, i feel it gets too cakey with this. instead i use the kabooki (sp?) brush from BE and it works like a charm... this isn't a perfect product, as i do get some shine from it, but in my book it is the closest thing to perfection in the foundation world!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lurid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for at least a year. I am NW15. I had first used NC15 but found that it oxidized to a darker color. NW15 seemed to work better for me in that aspect for some reason.

The finish and coverage are great. I looked natural and never felt the need to touch up during the day. I could put it on in the morning and then just leave it at home! It feels good to be able to do that.

But alas, I recently realized that this product has been giving me blackheads, so I have discontinued use. I'm trying out Everyday Minerals right now and so far I really like it, but I'm going to wait and make sure it is indeed my new HG makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sweet_sugarina

i hv m.a.c studio fix compact in nc30. it provides more light coverage and natural finish compare to m.a.c studio fix fluid. if u need coverage or if u want to conceal any blemishes, this powder is not for u (try m.a.c studio fix fluid). i nvr use the sponge and i hv use m.a.c 187 brush to apply it. this powder keep my face shine-free and oil-free for an hours. give it a try :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hellasunday

Ok, this one works. Nothing special though! It doesn't last very long either, I think you should get more considering the amount you pay for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's ok but quite drying! if you have normal skin!
has really good buildable coverage! but hard to target particular spots without it being obviously thicker!!!
doesn't have great colours! and colour changes after a bit of wear because of oils on skin with powder.
I would buy it again because it is quite revolutionary and has good staying power!

do try if you are slightly oiler!
C4
(I'm mixed blk and wht- slightly paler than average- yellow undertone)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:17:00 AM More reviews by dinkinflicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was one of my first MAC purchases, and I'm not sad to see a large amount of pan in the bottom of my compact. I was matched to NW15, which is a fine color for me, it's usually hard for me to get a color that is light enough yet isn't too pink or too yellow. NW15 is great in this capacity. However, the texture it leaves on my skin leaves a lot to be desired. I usually don't like the muss and fuss of liquid, but Studio Fix likes to leave a cakey film on my face (I can easily see it sitting on the top of my skin, making my pores look huge and my face powdery) and doesn't like to blend once it's on. Yes, I've tried using Fix+ over it, as well as using a primer underneath. This stuff just isn't malleable enough for me to find it useful. I don't like that no matter how little I use (and I do use a brush, not a sponge), it leaves that film. I can't really describe it, but trust me, it looks positively awful. I'll use up the rest of mine using my 187 to lightly dust my t-zone, but after that, Back to MAC it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely product. The powder is very fine, quite matte and provides excellent coverage without appearing caked on. It gives my skin a wonderful smoothness, fills in pores and doesn't appear to accentuate lines. I apply this on top of a primer and feel like I have a lot of control over how much coverage I am after. My skin tone is medium and I've found NC30 is a perfect match for me (when I don't have a tan - NC40 for when I do). Big fan. I have all but forgotten my Chanel Vitalumiere compact which Studio Fix has happily replaced. I finish it off with Fix+ spray for a soft, dewy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by lsyu

Bought this in NC30 a couple years ago and didn't think of reviewing this product until now. I review products in spurts in case you haven't noticed.

My skin is combo, sensitive and very acne-proned. This product matches my skin color perfectly and even though I use it on a daily basis, I have yet to hit pan. I apply this product with the MAC kabuki brush or with a flocked sponge application depending on the finish I'm looking for.

I dont know if the price has increased on this product, but I remember when I bought it, it was very reasonably priced and since I still have so much of this product left, I would say it's worth it. I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing when I run out because I dont know if I still have a use for this product since finding my (maybe HG) full coverage foundation and concealor (MUFE face and body foundation and full coverage concealor). Although I do always carry this product around with me for touch ups. This product has the ability to take away the oilies and cover up any blemishes that may come up during the day. Very handy when I'm heading out to happy hour or dinner right after work.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CarlinaG1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had never broke out before...until I started wearing this product. Buyer beware, it may cause acne break outs. But, for those that do not have sensitive skin, this makes the skin look flawless. That is what made me buy the MAC powder in the first place. Or, it could be that those that use the product already have flawless skin???