September 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using MAC studio fix on and off for the past 10 years. I would love to find a mineral foundation that I love, but I have found that the MAC studio fix has the best coverage. Sometimes I use it with a sponge, sometimes with a brush (powder fluff or kabuki). I don't really have anything else to say about this, except that it's pretty great. Yes, it can make some people more susceptible to breakouts b/c of the silica. I think I'll continue to buy and use this, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in NC25, although I think it may be just a hair too dark for me. It gives great, even coverage, although I NEVER use the sponge; I think it's kinda filthy and unhygienic and cakes the foundation on too much. I use a large fluffy powder brush instead, or a buffer brush.

Since my skin is dry, I try to avoid using powder formulas but I actually quite like this one. A light dusting is enough for me because I don't really need a lot of coverage on a daily basis, and it's one of the few foundations that actually stays put all day!

I might continue to look around for a less cakey powder, but until then, studio fix is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SparklinSeahorSe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using this and can I just say... I'm in love!!!

I got my makeup done at MAC a few days ago and the SA recommended this to me. I'm cool-toned, fair-skinned and very pink. I have a few faint capillaries on my cheeks and some old red acne scars on my face that just won't go away. I used to use a green concealing stick, a liquid or cream foundation, two concealers and powder. No matter how hard I tried, my face always looked cakey or my foundation would be gone after an hour at work. I've used Prescriptives, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena, MAC HyperReal, TiGi, and BareMinerals but I was never very happy with any of them. Now I'm in love with Studio Fix! It cuts my makeup time in half because I don't have to apply as many products as I did before, and looks like I'm wearing nothing!

Yesterday I used Prep and Prime, Studio Fix, Select Cover-Up, a little Prescriptives Magic powder and sealed it all with Fix+. I worked a 12-hour day waitressing yesteray and when I got home my makeup still looked like I had just applied it! It was amazing!!! Just another reason why I love MAC...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Pokerbutt

I luv Studio Fix! The best foundation in my opinion simply because i have a perfect match with C40 and because it looks so natural on my skin. I apply it with the flawless application brush from BE and looks awesome. It does tend to clog my pores but nothing a good steam or a good cleanser cant take care of. I've tried many foundations and nothing compares to Studio Fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I am an NC15. I use this every time I go out (which is 5-6 times a week). I have been using this for about 5 months and STILL haven't reached the bottom of the pan. Thankfully it did not break me out. I use the 182 brush and it applies like a dream. Great coverage and not too heavy. Given the time that it will take to use it up, I think the price is pretty good. I just started makeup late last year and my friend got me MAC Pro d/c so that price was beyond excellent. I will probably ask if she would help me out again after I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by versace1008

I bought this powder a while ago, I don't use it every day bec it is pretty heavy...
The coverage is very good and very matte. I feel like they didn't match my color that well and they didn't have an in between color so I got the one that was a tad darker so its okay for summer but not so great for winter.
I have a really hard time matching makeup to my skin so its kind of a pain for me to buy powders and foundation.
I do like that its a powder and foundation in one but in a powder form.
I don't know if I will buy it again, I am looking for something better and not so matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I found myself going back to MAC's studio fix after being disappointed with other lines like Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives or pairing the powder with a liquid/cream foundation with another line. I didn't like that I showed up ghostly in photos or like an oil slick in the afternoon but thought the price, color and picking up a blot powder justified it. For years, I suffered from cystic acne. I had these huge, inflamed zits that left craters in my face (no picking). It was a vicious cycle week after week. I visited dermatologists, tried Proactive, changed my diet and nothing worked. Well what worked was the day I decided to purchase custom blend liquid foundation and powder from Prescriptives. I had a break out before then but once I was off of MAC completely...I have not had a pimple since (unless PMSing and even those are really tiny) and it's now over a year later. I now realize that MAC's foundation products broke me out terribly and contributed to years of terrible/scary looking skin. I say all of this to say, if you use MAC and feel like your skin will never clear up...it's probably not your skin, it's MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by yukony001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, for me it doesn't give me the coverage a need but what i love to use this for is to bring with me to my school and just keep it in my locker and use it to touch up my foundation and it works great for that i just make sure i have a not too old powder puff in it and that what i use and it workd great. i will definitly buy it again just for that use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Atomickitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail foundation. I have combination skin and I've never had streaks or caky problems. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackLic0rice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love studio fix. It's great coverage and if you figure out how to put it on with your skin it's excellent. I have really dry skin and tried MAC moistureblend which is supposed to be better for my skin type but it ran out too quickly. Studiofix lasts much long but I have to use put on 2 types of moisturizer and cocoa butter underneath it to keep my skin from looking really powdery. It's worth the extra effort though.