MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/5/2008 8:51:00 PM

I've been using this for years, and it is by far my favorite choice for powder. The coverage is much stronger than a regular pressed powder, yet your skin feels much lighter and cleaner than if you used a foundation. It evens out my skin tone so well, and I also use it to spot conceal (you can use a brush, but on the go, my finger works fine too!). For occasions when I want more makeup, or for my makeup to last longer, I also put this over regular foundation to set my makeup and decrease shine. I don't leave home without it!

on 4/4/2008 10:40:00 PM

The worst powder foundation ever made. Its very thick and looks caked on. Its made for the acting stage, not for everyday wear. I'm a huge MAC fan and I love just about every product they have except for this one.

on 4/1/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just use it sparingly if you love your skin. That's all I'm gonna say.

on 3/31/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really liking this product. I was using Clarins MultiMatte but it has been discontinued so I tried MAC. I have super pale skin and was amazed that MAC had a shade that matches well with my skin. The price is also a bonus too compared to the $39 I was spending on Clarins. I get natural, even coverage with this product. Glad I found it.

on 3/28/2008 8:16:00 PM

This product is just okay. I find that I frequently have to reapply it and i have normal skin but it tends to dry out my skin more then other powders I have used. I don't think it is worth the price but it works for now until I find something better!

on 3/27/2008 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry/senstive skin and this powder foundation has over a number of years dried my skin out. It didn't irritate my skin though which is why I continued using it, but I cannot seem to find another foundation that suits my skin without irritating or drying it. I recently tried Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation and it irritated my skin too. I also tried MAC moistureblend but that looked too oily on my face, I would not have been able to go to work with such a shiny face..

on 3/26/2008 10:42:00 PM

GREAT PRODUCT. It evens out my skin and makes it look flawless. Ive read so many reviews and many people have said it makes them look ashy, dry, flaky, etc. I apply mine with the duo stippling brush. the 187 i think? And after i get some powder on the brush i spray it with fix+. like 3 inches away from the brush. then apply. i only apply 1 coat and it leaves me with a flawless dewy look and i have redness and some blemishes but i have noticed that my acne has been healed. ALL OF THEM. I dont know if its the powder but i love this stuff and will buy it again and again and again!

I've used MAC Studio Fix for years now. I love it. It's great in terms of coverage, yet it doesn't give you a caked on look. It also doesn't sink into your pores which is especially important. If I could change anything it would be to have SPF added, but other than that this foundation powder is amazing.

on 3/26/2008 11:32:00 AM

This is the only powder I have found that can actually give me full coverage. When im having a bad skin day I apply it all over, but most of the time I use it to just spot conceal. I find it last a good 8 hours without my face getting shinny. Usually my nose gets oily after about 2 or 3 hours, but not with this. I will buy it again and it seems to be lasting a while :)

on 3/25/2008 6:20:00 PM

I used to use this as my daily HG powder. I have since switched to BE's Mineral Foundation but I still use my studio fix as a back up since carrying around those Mineral Foundation jars are a hassle. Did not break me out like Clinique's pressed powder. And it's relatively inexpensive. Gives great coverage even on my oily skin. And the NC35 matches me perfectly. I love that MAC has a shade for everyone which is hard to find. The compacts itself are worthless. The clasp to open the compact always falls out and I have repurchsed this maybe 7 or more times and it always seems to happen. Oh, and be careful not to drop this on the floor otherwise this will be all over you and in your purse, on your friends, the bathroom floor... etc.