October 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is horrible. I used some that a friend gave me and it turned out to be very cakey. Not to mention, it broke me out all along my jawline in tiny little bumps that didn't go away for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff looks like you put a mask on your face. it is full coverage, to the point where you dont need concealer, but i cant imagine thats good for acne prone or oily skin. so i stopped using it. and besides i could never find my perfect match. ive tried everything from NW35, NC40, NC 30, NC 42. and i havent found what my color is. the last time i got NC40 and it just looked like a pale white mask on my face i had to pile on alot of bronzer to look even with my neck and chest and even then it was really obvious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I bought this foundation in the more "sunny" months. May & june. I used it for about 4 months and loved it, except it's way too light for me now, and it just makes me very cakey and oily. yes it will make you look orange if you buy the powder with it, thats why i used my own. it made me look really madeup and i didn't always like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eladen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In general I love this foundation. I use NC25 in the summer and NC20 in the winter. It works well for my combo to oily skin without causing me any breakouts. The key to this is to make sure and REMOVE the makeup thoroughly after all day wear. The only 2 products I have found that truly remove it all is Estee Lauders Take It Away and Yes to Carrots Eye & Makeup Remover (from Walgreens). If you do not remove this makeup at night you will end up with clogged pores.

Ok, that said...I will finish my review :) I have found that it works better with some kind of primer underneath. I was using a sample of Clinique's City Block in light tint which worked ok, but still allowed the oily's to come to bay during the middle of the day. I have found that my NV Perricone's Active tint in Light 01 is the perfect primer for me with this foundation. I barely have to blot or use any powder throughout the day with this combination. The powder I prefer is the Cheapo DS Coty Airspun in Translucent.

The only Con I can think of is that I wish it came in a squeeze tube. I do not like the glass jar it comes with. I have not used a pump with it and have been thinking of doing this the next time I purchase it. Also, it is super hard to tell when you are almost out of the product because either they tint the glass bottle with the same color as the foundation or it sticks to the sides and you can not tell when it is almost gone. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by gemmaantonia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love SFF! It's amazing! The only problem I had is that NW15 in SFF is not the same as it is in all other MAC foundations, it's more like an NW20 in SFF and since they don't do a lighter shade in this foundation, I can't actually use it :(

So yes, I'd buy it again BUT only if MAC brought out a lighter shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ashes886

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It is definitely full coverage and conceals very well. I only use this on special occasions. You may use this as everyday use - but I prefer the Mineralized MAC foundation for everyday. Also, this did break me out after about 2 weeks of first applications...but it no longer breaks me out. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by radosity

I like this foundation. I have acne-prone skin and it was making me break out...then I realized that I was using way too much of it! Now that I've toned down how much I use, my skin still looks great and I'm not breaking out more than I normally am :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first, I thought I had found my perfect foundation! My skin is oily to normal in the summer, dry-ish to normal in the winter, and very rarely sensitive. It has excellent coverage and I thought it kept the oiliness at bay....until I noticed that after about 2 hours, it would crease in all my lines, and after 3-4 hours it was a greasy, nasty mess. Horrible!
This stuff would rub off on any surface my skin came into contact with (like my cellphone!). Unfortunately, it also blocked my pores and made me get blackheads and cystic acne.
Packaging-wise, it was fine, but eventually the black cap started cracking and peeling off the rubbery top layer! Ew!
The shade selection on this was mediocre. NC 15 was a too dark for my pale golden toned skin and I'm not even super pale!
I wish I could pull off this foundation, because the texture (at first) and coverage was perfect! Get a sample first before buying this one, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kawaiica

i bought this in NC30. i wear it with 187 brush. the coverage is good...don't feel heavy on my skin..don't oxidize much...set with powder keep my skin oil-free for hours. overall..very good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pumagirl163

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product - I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and this is probably the closest. It has great coverage and looks absolutely fabulous on my skin. I have oily skin though and I find that around mid morning I'm really oily, its also not very long lasting as I often get traces of foundation on paper I've handled which gets embarrasing at times!!
but all in all I think its great, people are always asking me which brand of make up I use