December 21, 2014 | 1087 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I alternate between this and Everyday Minerals foundation. I'm using NC15 which is maybe a tad too dark but blended well it passes (believe me, I've double checked with fotos, MAs and friends :) ). I took a lippy off since the color selection runs a bit dark.

This is my favorite liquid foundation as it covers very well and doesn't slide off in the middle of the day. I use it with Prep + Prime SPF50 and Blot pressed powder in light and can get away with only few blotting sessions per day (for me, that is a small miracle!).

Please note: at first I hated this foundation, it went on all cakey and striky. I tried MAC 190 brush, Lancomes foundation brush and fingers but no. Then I finally gave MAC 187 a change and voila! The most perfect and airbrushed finish I've ever managed to achieve! I highly recommend you try it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I decided to take a break on mineral makeup. I'm actually liking this. I was matched to NC30, but that's a tad too dark. I might wanna try NC25 later. For the time being, applying the NC30 in light layers seems to match pretty well. I like the fact that I don't need a concealer for extra coverage. However, I don't think this is quite a full-coverage foundation; it's more like medium. I don't think that I will be wearing this everyday, though. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought Studio Fix Powder but my skin became drier as winter approached so I found that it became extremley noticeable on my skin. So I decided to buy Studio Fix Fluid [with much hesitation as it isn't cheap] & its wonderful so far.
On my rare good skin days, I can go without using the Studio Finish Concealer so I'd say that the coverage is wonderful.
[I bought the 187 brush to apply it with - it works really well and blends evenly]
So far, it hasn't broken me out [a rare thing in a foundation for me] and I will definitely to continue to use it until it does!
All that could improve it would be a pump dispenser!

EDIT: Too heavy for my acne prone skin. And the colour is rather too orange for my pale skin. However, I still like the coverage! Would recommend to someone who has naturally darker skin/tan and someone who doesn't mind the feeling of wearing quite a lot of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by jgurriere

The first time in my life I have broken down and bought a department store brand makeup and I couldn't be happier. I finally get what everyone is talking about when they say department store brands are better the drug store brands. The diffrence is amazing! I just recently started using MAC Studio Fix foundation. It is about $25 a bottle, but I find I don't go through it as fast. A little goes a long way where as when I was using drug store brands I had to use alot more to get the coverage I want and need to blend and cover all my imperfections. Plus it seems to control oil much better when I use it with the blot powder. I only have to touch up 2-3 times instead of 5-6.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

i REALLY loved the coverage .
but this made be break out so i`m going to return it .
i really was excited to use this since my cousins had used it & i loved how it looked . so it was really disappointing to see that it made me break out .

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by elizasimp

I've tried a ton of foundations and really like this one. I have sensitive skin and this one, even with the pressed power over it, did not break me out. NC15 matches my skintone perfectly. I think the coverage is a little heavy for me, so I use a sponge applicator to dab it on and then blend. I found that by late afternoon, the foundation has a tendency to settle into the pores, so I bought the MAC primer and it seems to work pretty well. A light dusting with MAC pressed powder keeps it lasting all day without looking matte or heavy.
UPDATE: Did they change the consistancy??? I switched to NW15 this summer and I swear it is more oily! I have to thoroughly wash my hands with soap to get the foundation off after applying it to my face - it's like trying to scrub off grease! No wonder I've been noticing little zits after washing my face at the end of the day... This is my 4th bottle of this product, but the only NW I've tried. Maybe the consistance is different than NC, or maybe I just got a bad bottle? Second, the NW15 is disappointingly orange. After getting some sun this summer, the NC15 was not matching anymore so the MA suggested I try the NW15, which may have more color, but won't work unless you're a fair-skinned orange. Third, I have discovered that this is definitely not an all-weather foundation. After wearing this all day during our first hot days this year, I realized it wears very patchy with any sweating or humidity. This fact was especially evident, since the color does not match my skin tone. It was difficult to ignore the cakey orange mask that covered only my cheeks and the bridge of my nose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

For the past 6-8 months my skin has been looking pretty bad. The other night I sat there and racked my brain, thinking about what i've been doing differently. Then one thing occurred to me: I stopped using this foundation. For the past half year or so i've been buying chanel powder, and this other fancy schmancy stuff that is not oil free. Big, duh. So yesterday I went to MAC and repurchased this stuff. I like this a lot better than the powder studio fix. Powder foundations make me look like amadeus. This stuff doesn't necessarily make my skin any better, it just doesn't make it any worse. Plus, it does a better job covering up what is wrong. Its oil-free and also has an spf of 15. I can't ask for much more. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by barook84

i have oily/acne prone skin and have to say that this is, so far, the only foundation that i have found that doesn't make me break out or leave me oily. HOWEVER, i find that it does not cover my redness well. is there any hope of finding a foundation that covers and doesn't create an oil slick???

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why did I waste my money buying this?? It definately taught me a lesson to just stick with what I know works for me. I'm a mineral person, and I've been wearing BE for years, I wanted a change, so I heard good things about Studio Fix, so I figured I'd try it. I thought I wanted and needed full coverage, but this was too much?? The color match for me was NW20. I put it on in the morning after moisturizer, and it started burning my eyes, and my face. It dried up my face, and broke me out almost instantly. It didn't cover my acne bumps at all, but brought them out more, and the color was sooo off once I left the house.. it was EMBARASSING. I felt like everyone was staring at my face the whole day, and it was constantly burning. I wish I hadn't thrown my receipt & the package away, I was just so convinced that I wouldn't need to return it. Oh yeah,,, and after I washed it off my face, it made me skin look sooo bad. Underneathe my eyes got extremely red. It was just a horrible experience, and now I'm broke & can't afford my BE, which I miss so much after that. I don't think I'll ever use liquid foundation again. gross.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by d0sam1

When i first purchased this product i was thrilled to put it on but it wasn't anything i expected it to be..knowing that was a medium to full coverage foundation i thought it would cover most of my acne scars and blemishes but it only hid my skin discoloration...another thing is that even when i set it with a powder, it doesnt last all day, something im definitely looking for. this product isnt anything special.