October 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eladen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In general I love this foundation. I use NC25 in the summer and NC20 in the winter. It works well for my combo to oily skin without causing me any breakouts. The key to this is to make sure and REMOVE the makeup thoroughly after all day wear. The only 2 products I have found that truly remove it all is Estee Lauders Take It Away and Yes to Carrots Eye & Makeup Remover (from Walgreens). If you do not remove this makeup at night you will end up with clogged pores.

Ok, that said...I will finish my review :) I have found that it works better with some kind of primer underneath. I was using a sample of Clinique's City Block in light tint which worked ok, but still allowed the oily's to come to bay during the middle of the day. I have found that my NV Perricone's Active tint in Light 01 is the perfect primer for me with this foundation. I barely have to blot or use any powder throughout the day with this combination. The powder I prefer is the Cheapo DS Coty Airspun in Translucent.

The only Con I can think of is that I wish it came in a squeeze tube. I do not like the glass jar it comes with. I have not used a pump with it and have been thinking of doing this the next time I purchase it. Also, it is super hard to tell when you are almost out of the product because either they tint the glass bottle with the same color as the foundation or it sticks to the sides and you can not tell when it is almost gone. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by gemmaantonia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love SFF! It's amazing! The only problem I had is that NW15 in SFF is not the same as it is in all other MAC foundations, it's more like an NW20 in SFF and since they don't do a lighter shade in this foundation, I can't actually use it :(

So yes, I'd buy it again BUT only if MAC brought out a lighter shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ashes886

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It is definitely full coverage and conceals very well. I only use this on special occasions. You may use this as everyday use - but I prefer the Mineralized MAC foundation for everyday. Also, this did break me out after about 2 weeks of first applications...but it no longer breaks me out. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by radosity

I like this foundation. I have acne-prone skin and it was making me break out...then I realized that I was using way too much of it! Now that I've toned down how much I use, my skin still looks great and I'm not breaking out more than I normally am :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first, I thought I had found my perfect foundation! My skin is oily to normal in the summer, dry-ish to normal in the winter, and very rarely sensitive. It has excellent coverage and I thought it kept the oiliness at bay....until I noticed that after about 2 hours, it would crease in all my lines, and after 3-4 hours it was a greasy, nasty mess. Horrible!
This stuff would rub off on any surface my skin came into contact with (like my cellphone!). Unfortunately, it also blocked my pores and made me get blackheads and cystic acne.
Packaging-wise, it was fine, but eventually the black cap started cracking and peeling off the rubbery top layer! Ew!
The shade selection on this was mediocre. NC 15 was a too dark for my pale golden toned skin and I'm not even super pale!
I wish I could pull off this foundation, because the texture (at first) and coverage was perfect! Get a sample first before buying this one, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kawaiica

i bought this in NC30. i wear it with 187 brush. the coverage is good...don't feel heavy on my skin..don't oxidize much...set with powder keep my skin oil-free for hours. overall..very good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pumagirl163

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product - I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and this is probably the closest. It has great coverage and looks absolutely fabulous on my skin. I have oily skin though and I find that around mid morning I'm really oily, its also not very long lasting as I often get traces of foundation on paper I've handled which gets embarrasing at times!!
but all in all I think its great, people are always asking me which brand of make up I use

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mcneile

I have been using this product for two months now, and I have to say I really love it. I went into a MAC Pro store to find the right foundation color, and I had a very helpful Mac Artist place some of the Studio Fix Fluid in NC 15 on my jawline. I am very fair so it has been difficult to find something that doesn't make me look orange ( I was using Bare Minerals Before and I looked orange). It blended in so well. I was very worried that I would break out horribly since I had heard horror stories, but it has not caused anything to worry about. It has a nice coverage, not cakey, perfect color for my skin although I sometimes feel very pale. Thats just me though. I would recommend getting an professional artists opinon on what line of Mac's foundation would be best for your skin tone, daily use, and skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by bex9

If I could I would give this 3.5 lippies. I am a foundation junkie, and while most days I prefer Chanel Tint de Innoncent or on oily days Laura M. oil free, this is my go-to fndt for really bad skin days. It doesnt not make my breakouts worse, and covers what I need it to cover. Gets the job done basically. Doesnt leave me looking like an oil slick but a pressed powder is def recommended. Also would recommend a nice lively blush with maybe a light sheen or shimmer because as the poster below me mentioned this can look heavy on your face and blush will make you look more natural. This is not something I would recommend for everyday wear, nothing amazing here. Better than what you would find in a drugstore but for another 10 or 15 dollars you could get something really nice from Chanel or Dior, but thats just my personal preference.
***note*** in EVERY other mac product im NC20 but for some reason that was dark and kinda orangy on my skin, I use NC15 for this fdtn...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I originally posted a review on Studio Fix Fluid over a year ago, commenting on just how awful it was. It turns out that I was using colors that were way off for my skin tone . I was using NC30 and NC35, both of which were way, way too dark. I'm a NC30 in Select SPF, so I figured that I could grab this shade in SFF - bad choice. I hesitantly tried it again one month ago and, to my surprise, found a very nice match with NC25 - a light-medium shade with lots of yellow. If you're considering using it, go a shade or two lighter than you normally would with other MAC foundations, considering that this particular foundation is densely pigmented. However, even though the match was good, it performs quite terribly. As far as colors go and texture and blendability, it's amazing. But as the day goes on, it melts off your face and stains just about everything it comes in to contact with. If you use a primer - which didn't help in the slightest to make the foundation last longer - it will just float on the surface of your skin, drawing attention more to the fact that you're wearing heavy makeup.
MAC's SFF is a real disappointment. I wouldn't recommend it as a long-lasting foundation. It looks good for a very short span of time, but it's not a functional foundation in any way. By the end of the day, the face is a mess, obvious and embarrassing makeup meltdown - lines, pores, patches, oiliness are ruthlessly exposed. Ughh, I don't want to elaborate any more. There are lots of better options out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No