November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVED the way this product looks on my skin....... I am very oily, and apply my blotting powder over it as needed yet still get shiney. Anyways -- I tried the NW35 during the summer when I was really tan... now it's winter and I am pale, so I tried the NW25/NW30 and it broke me out sooo bad! Not only on my face, but on my neck and chest too (it's like I had an allergic reaction or something?!) .. Maybe the lighter colors have different ingredients in it?? I was fine with the NW35 over the summer and each time I use the more pale colors I break out and itch so bad :(

Still continuing my mission to find a good foundation for my oily, acne-prone sensative skin!! Wish me luck...........

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

This is a decent foundation. It's really not bad. I still haven't found anything that i was like OMG about, but maybe they'll never be one. One thing about this foundation is, it does have a burning feeling when you apply it *sometimes*. Another reviewer said the same thing so it might be quite common. It might be an allergic reaction with the make up. Also, this make up dries out your skin. You can tell when you wash it off at the end of the day because I have to apply moisturizer. The key thing for me in a foundation is that it's oil-free and won't cause me to break out. It looks great when I apply it in the morning, then in 2 hours my oiliness starts kicking in and then it magnifies all my pores. Less is definitely more. That is the key to this foundation. Only use a little and blend blend blend. Sometimes I think I look better with just a little pressed powder because when you get oily and you have foundation on, it just does NOT look good. I love applying foundation though, especially with the 190 brush. I love the smell of the studio fix (I know I'm weird!) and I do have to say it does a excellent job concealing redness and pimples. It is definitely medium coverage. I am a NC30 or NC35 and right now I'm using NC35 and the color pretty much matches perfectly except it has a little bit of a yellow undertone that I don't like. I haven't broken out by using this yet so I'm happy about that. Ideally, you should set this with the studio fix powder, but for me it just feels cakey when I wear foundation AND powder. Always make sure the color you pick is right for you, because the lighting in the store is different from outside natural light. You might look a little orangey or darker than your natural skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by brighid_karis

First, the main problem I had with this foundation: I bought it on a recent quest to find one that actually matched my skin tone. I had heard that MAC had pretty much the best color selection out there, so I headed straight to their counter, talked extensively with the eager salesgirl, tried a few shades, and ended up buying the NC15. I looked okay in the lighted mirror on the counter and walked confidently out into the parking lot, where I promptly checked the color match in my car mirror. Wow, was there a difference in natural light -- my face was at least two shades darker than my neck and the slightest bit orange-looking. So I marched back in and returned it. The salesgirl persuaded me to at least try on the NW15, but it was just more of the same. If you have very pale neutral skin, this is yet another cosmetic brand that fails to make a shade for you.
Now, for the rest of my review:
Coverage: Good, but no better than Revlon ColorStay or just about any other "full coverage" foundation out there. Take your pick. I've never found anything that actually covered my acne scars (real scars, not just post-acne red marks), and this was no different.
Finish: Naturally matte, not too cakey (at least when I applied it instead of letting the overly made-up counter girl do it), but still not uniquely so. I didn't find it to be any better than a decent drugstore brand.
Staying power: I actually neglected to wash my face that night, and when I woke up, the coverage and finish was just as good as when I'd put it on. Of course, this has also been true for drugstore long-wear foundations as well.
Overall, this is a pretty good foundation if you can find a color match. Remember that you should always leave the store and check the color match in sunlight before you buy. There's nothing terribly unique about this that warrants the high price, but it's nice to be able to try on makeup before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

This my absolute HG foundation. I am on my 6th bottle of this. I have had no trouble w/ breakouts (knock on wood). It is so perfect for me. I was using BE prior to this and could not understand why my skin was always a mess, well I finally tried this when it first came out and I was very impressed w/ the coverage. My skin finally cleared up after my disaster w/ BE. Also the coloring is a tad darker , so whatever color you are in MAC I would suggest going w/ a shade lighter. I am really a NC 20, but had to go to an NC 15 because the color ran dark. My only big negative w/ this is the bottle. I do have a pump for it which definitely helps alot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by meezteeh

I really like the finish that this product gives my combination skin, but it just breaks me out! I use it for 2 days then I just stop because I start to develop cystic acne and it takes 2 weeks to clear my face up. Really, really wanted to make it work because this is the only foundation that doesn't give me a ghost face in photographs. I probably won't buy again, I'm just waiting to finish my bottle which will probably last me a lifetime since I only use it twice a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by catrat242

This is my favorite foundation EVER! Paired with MAC's 187 brush, you get a flawless, almost airbrushed look. Definitely will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Juana2008

I love this product. I switched from the Studio Fix Powder to the Fix Fluid. I use the Mineralize SkinFinish Powder to set it to give it even, flawless look. The only thing is that this product does not match the Studio Fix Powder. In the Powder Im NC45, but in the Fix In NC44. Its a big difference.

The packaging is nice in the glass bottle, but makes me worry the day I might drop it!! Also, I use a clean finger to pat trouble areas with the FF so I bought the pump to keep it from germs and other hand debris.

Overall, this product is great, make sure you get matched without having the Studio Fix Powder number in mind, there is a difference..

I only wish it came with an applicator of some sort...

I had enough...to thick and orangey..Switched to Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sasssy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend urged me to try this. I got my color matched at a MAC store and bought the NW20 Studio Fix Fluid and powder. The salesperson told me the foundation will "oxidize" so I needed to powder it right after application. After a few hours it was so blotchy and cakey and oily and orange -- I couldn't believe it. I experimented with different application tools over the next few days and was met with the same result. I'm so disappointed in this product. I don't know how MAC can get off charging $21 for this. It is, hands down, the worst foundation I've ever used. This and the powder are going back to the store!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is horrible. I used some that a friend gave me and it turned out to be very cakey. Not to mention, it broke me out all along my jawline in tiny little bumps that didn't go away for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff looks like you put a mask on your face. it is full coverage, to the point where you dont need concealer, but i cant imagine thats good for acne prone or oily skin. so i stopped using it. and besides i could never find my perfect match. ive tried everything from NW35, NC40, NC 30, NC 42. and i havent found what my color is. the last time i got NC40 and it just looked like a pale white mask on my face i had to pile on alot of bronzer to look even with my neck and chest and even then it was really obvious.