April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Trin598

I've been using this product for many months and have repurchased it several times. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I find this product does an incredible job of cleansing my skin. It removes my makeup like nobody's business. Afterwards my skin feels soft and supple and looks amazing. I love this stuff! When I need a bit more exfoliation I'll mix a drop of Purity with a gentle exfoliator and use it like that. You just can't beat Philosophy for makeup removal. Update : I recently did a total overhaul of my skincare and make up regimen. After doing much research on the ingredients found in many cleansers I decided to forego Purity for a gentler cleanser. My skin has responded incredibly. I have better skin now w/ fewer breakouts than I ever had using Purity. I think some of the ingredients, plus the fragrance, were just too strong for my skin and helped promote the breakouts I always seemed to have. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser for the past 6-8 weeks and am getting great results.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2004 9:49:00 PM More reviews by k_ten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a product sample from Sephora (ya gotta love it! I time my purchases to get product samples I am interested in). I am a pretty big fan of Philosophy... their products are nice quality, and are well thought out. This cleanser was nice, but I thought 'this is Cetaphil, but pricier'. Honestly, it did have a nice scent (Cetaphil has none), but I get a giant jar of Cetaphil for about 4 bucks, and this cleanser seems exactly the same for a lot more. Save your $, and buy the Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGurl26

Great cleanser, removes all makeup, dirt, and oil in one step just like it says. Even stubborn mascara and eyeliner are rinsed clean. Wish it came with a pump, but I guess Nordstroms sells a large one with a pump at certain times of the year.
If you like foamy cleansers, this does NOT foam up. But it still is very effective. I got this as part of the Philosophy CLEAR KIT

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cchottie55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Philosophy products are great, so I wasn't surprised at how great Purity Made Simple truly is. I have dry skin, and my face feels so clean without a super-dry feeling. I like that there aren't any added fragrances too. It removes even the toughest waterproof makeup I own.
I recommend this for anyone who wants to have truly clean skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2004 3:52:00 AM More reviews by skinderella

I was about to rate this product, but then I read started reading the reviews. At first I was going to say that it was alright, but nothing special. But then I read the reviews and agreed that it does take off makeup and it leaves my skin feeling clean. Not only that, but it doesn't dry it out. It does what it's supposed to right?!?! It's a good product, but I'm still going to shop around for something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

Not bad.. but not as good as I expected either. Just your average liquid cleanser.. at least it didn't smell as bad as The Hope in a Jar!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by candiejm

My mother lives by the Philosophy products. She is on auto-delivery with some products through QVC and she gave me the rest of her old cleanser to try. I am 20 years old with uneven skin tones and also very oily and this product is great for its moisture effects but not so great for cleaning deep down into the pours or helping blemishes. For the price, it would be crazy for me to go out and purchase this product.This was a no go for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's an okay cleanser. Takes off mascara nicely, without irritating my eyes. But it's not all that, so to speak. I don't get the hype around this cleanser. It's part of my permanent rotation, simply because I love 'save me' and 'when hope is not enough' serums. I think its best to use products from the same line at the same time--but as a cleanser per se, its just so so. And like most philosophy products, "synthetic" or "chemical" immediately come to mind when I smell it. Now I do love several philosophy products, but only because of the results (the serums, the peels)--the smell of philosophy products leaves much to be desired. Same with this cleanser. For the most part, I just think this product is way over hyped.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products I return to again and again. I get bored, I stray - but I always come back. It's gentle but thorough - removes all of my makeup without stripping my (sensitive combination) skin. There are essential oils in here, so while the product is considered unscented I can definitely smell the rose geranium in this - which I like. These oils might make this a no-go for some skin types, but this cleanser works for me all year 'round - even in the summer, when my skin is oiliest.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:26:00 PM More reviews by my2boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser. Made my skin radiant after just a few days of using it. The smell is a little odd, but very easy to get used to. I used to be a Mary Kay girl, but Philosophy is what it will be from now on!