August 21, 2014 | 1877 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2003 4:48:00 PM More reviews by incoehoots

I use this now, while I am searching for another foundation. Here I am at 8 hours after applying and I can see my red skin come through. I use the double matte in the summer occasionally and do not have this problem. Goes on nice, overall it is just ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2003 1:31:00 PM More reviews by JoyceA

This product could be fantastic, but I never got to find out because I let the witch behind the counter decide for me which shade best matched my skin. Instead of being honest and telling me that actually none of them did, she sold me something so horrendous that when I saw it in daylight I nearly cried. After years of laughing to myself when I saw women walking along with their face one colour and their neck six shades lighter I realised that suddenly I was one of them. I think talking about it is giving me post traumatic stress disorder.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that a company as big, powerful (and expensive) as Estee Lauder should know that of all the billions of women in the world, the limited range of shades available in this makeup couldn't possibly be enough for there to be one to suit everyone. Don't encourage them any more by buying this stuff !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2003 5:46:00 AM More reviews by lorien

Thank you, thank you, Estee Lauder! I love you for Double Wear and Double Matte!Double Wear is a goddess-send for fellow Asian girls with oily-combo skin. If you have dry patches all over, it's not for you. But long-lasting yet non-masky look is your goal, you gotta have it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bramfordone

I really really love this foundation, I have combination/oily skin and this feels so nice, some foundations feel yucky on my skin but this feels so natural like there is nothing there at all, it gives a nice natural coverage and it lasts and lasts, unlike some I've tried which just sort of disappear after a couple of hours!!
Edited to say that although I love this, again I couldn't find a perfect shade for my skin, such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2003 4:27:00 AM More reviews by angeluv81

Wow, this product is wonderful!!! I have used a lot of foundations, but this one is the best that I have used so far on my combination skin. I have oily t-zones and a relatively clear smooth skin, except for some acne scars on the chin. This foundation can be a bit drying for the dry skin, but if you moisturize your face well before application, it will be fine. I think it might be a bit drying for winter, though. But overall, it is fantastic. I am using Sand, and it looks quite yellow, but when you apply it, it is at least a shade lighter. The staying power is awesome, and there's virtually no need for touch-up, except for a little blot of powder on the nose to eliminate that mid-day shine. Overall, fantastic! I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lanilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I rreally liked this foundation. My mom bought it and i sneaked in and used it. Much better than my drugstore brand. THe color is fabulous, it looks really natural, but the price Yikes!! I would love to buy it for myself --but the price is a little scary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall this is a very good long-lasting foundation that looks natural, and feels natural, with great coverage that's easy to spread too... however!!! The color selection here's quite pitiful... I went through the color matching consultation with the MAs 3 times!!! And finally decided there IS no color match for me in the range... what a bummer!!! Most of the colors are way too red/orangey... Sand is veryyy yellow... but was TOO yellow and a bit too light for me which really made me look like a walking mask!!! I now am back to my trusted Revlon Colorstay... and when comparing the two... found that Colorstay actually lasted LONGER without Double Wear's cracking up and breaking through after a few hours on my oily oily skin!!! So see ya to Double Wear!!! I'm back to my holy grail Colorstay with less than half the price tag too!!! How can you not love that?!? :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Holisticgirl

I have to say this foundation is amazing! I have blotchy, acne prone sensitive skin and have searched high and low for a good coverage natural looking foundation that would not cause breakouts. This is it! It covers well, blends naturally and the best part is I can go all day without applying powder or touching up. It lasts at least 8-10 hours and still looks like I just applied it. It also has SPF 10 which is great. I would not recommend it for dry skin. It's great for acne prone skin since it is oil free and provides great coverage. You can try a sample at the counter, and I definitely recommend applying the foundation to find a right shade before buying since I purchased "Linen" which was too light but the "Dusk" shade is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2003 9:21:00 AM More reviews by srftmk

I have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear on and off for about 5 years. I say on and off because I have no brand loyalty. I'm always on the search for the "perfect" foundation. This comes as close to that criteria as anything else I've ever tried. It covers beautifully and last all day. I use Fresco during winter and Dusk during the summer months. I apply this with a foundation brush because it helps control how heavily you apply it. Believe me, a little goes a long way. I only have to buy 2 bottles a year it lasts so long. Since it costs $30 a bottle, I'm glad I don't have to buy it more often. My skin is a tad bit on the oily side and this provides wonderful oil control! No matter what I've tried in the past I always come back to Double Wear. Maybe I should stop looking around and be happy with what I've found!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

This is my FAVORITE foundation! I love it! It goes on soooo smooth. Never looks cakey and the coverage is absolutely amazing. It covers anything. A little goes a long way and the color actually matches my skin. I use the dusk shade. Some foundations are too pinky or orangy but this one is very neutral and doesn't leave that makeup line near the chin. I just adore it.