December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by missycm08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really liked wearing makeup because i tried liquid foundations and never liked them. I only have a little redness, but it's not that bad. A few months ago, one of my friends told me just to try a powder, MAC studio fix powder foundation. I finally have it and i like it. At first when i put it on i could notice it because it was lighter then my complextion, but after a while it wasn't noticeable. So if you want to try a powder makeup with some coverage, i would reccomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dorisdelfin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought it was ok at first, but when I tried it with fix + it was great. I got the glow in my skin back.

so you have to have fix +, if you use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

Studio Fix has a lot of problems but it's great for someone who doesnt have the time to carefully apply their makeup at home and want something quick to hide their few flaws on the train.

I think the effectiveness of the makeup really depends on how you apply the makeup. Studiofix is definitely not as effective without the help of a primer. After my moisturiser, I apply strobe cream - half the size of your average pinkie is more than enough - and then use a wedge sponge to apply the makeup. Make sure you regularly change and wash the sponges. Applying makeup with old sponges did nothing for my look and more importantly, my skin.

Admittedly, Studiofix is not great when you're breaking out. It can cover redness and one or two pimples and the coverage is quite good, but I found that when my skin was bad, Studiofix didn't do much to hide the flaws. Also, and this my biggest qualm - it actually appears orange sometimes - ORANGE! ugh.

Besides from that, I think Studiofix is really functional and long lasting. One compact lasts me about 9 months - and I use it 4-5 times a week! When applied correctly, I've had many compliments about the flawlessness appearance of my skin. While it's not a HG, it's defeinitely worth it for the price paid and the functionality, the convenience and the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by wildcats72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok Melanie.. but why did you give it 3 stars ? ha

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by krankee

best thing ever! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by melanie1215

After working for the company for a few years, and in the industry, and reading some reviews thought that I would leave a few general comments that will help aide some of the feedback.

Studio fix can be a great product if you have flawless to moderate imperfections. Its quick and easy. As far as color choices. When picking a foundation color try to go during a time when you can get it applied and wear it around to see how the color reacts to your skin. Over time the oils in the skin cause the product to oxidize or change in color. So it may look like a different shade once it actually settles, and where it in natural light to see the true color. If you have really dry skin, apply a moisturizer first and then the prodcut right after. For those of you who feel that the product looks to heavy and leaves you with that heavy powdery look trying using Fix + the misting spray afterwards, to give you a more natural finish. Also, using a powder brush applies the product more evenly and naturally. Using the sponge that comes with it can leave you with a really heavy unatural look. For olier skin types...such as myself, I would suggest a great skin care regiment. Which will actually aid in the wearability and final look not only this product but others as well. Also, I have a lot of acne scars along with oily skin and like A LOT of coverage but I dont like the powdery look. So, first I use either the studio tech, or the liquid foundation. as a base and use the studio fix as a setting powder. After tons of experience of using this product I find that unless you have absolutely perfect skin the product doesnt really look that smooth, and the more you apply the more powdery you look. Use the cream for smooth even coverage and the studio fix as a finishing powder. Gives you a very natural smooth matte finish instead of the heavy powdery look.

For those who feel like the product causes them to break out. Think about the following statements before you blame it on the product and this goes for all foundation products. If using the sponge with the product, especially those with oiler skins, are you changing your sponges frequently?? Sponges absorb the oil in your skin and tend to hold bacteria. I recommend a brush, you can clean them regularly and it cuts down the bacterial growth in the product. Also how do you remove your make up each night?? ARE YOU SLEEPING IN IT!!! A BIG NO NO!! Also, most people go right into the bathroom and just start washing away. YOU MUST PROPERLY REMOVE ALL MAKE UP BEFORE CLEANSING!! When you dont its like washing the product back into your skin and its never totally removed. Try some type of make up remover before cleansing the skin.

If none of the above still dont work for you maybe its just not for you. But I think that before you count a product totally out think about everything I have said.

If your a must have all in one type...Nars has a great powder foundation as well.

UPDATE!!! FOR WILDCATS72 I gave the prodcut three stars cause I had to give it a rating. I wasnt gonna give it one star and I wasnt gonna give it a five either. The product can produce very nice results on someone who has the right complextion. Healthy balance skin, few blemishes here and there. It gives great coverage and all that. But its not that easy for everyone. If your skin is drier you have to do certain things to get it to wear right. If you are between certain complexions you have to do certain things to get the color match just right. For example, my grandmother is a darker skinned cherokee indian. She has this crazy dark olive colored skin tone...when you look at her you are like now what in the world color would she wear? Her husband/my gdad is bi racial..black and white. So my mom is a funny light skinned color. Then there is me. Mixed with all of these things when it comes to studio fix and the tricky color chart it was hard for me to find a color. I can wear an NC and a NW. In the summer I tan an odd golden color...but sometimes because of the way studio fix wears one shade is to light, the other too dark, some to red another too yellow and it makes me look gray. Because I'm an artist I know how to mix and match and find the right shades. But to the average consumer, thats becomes frustrating time consuming and inconvienent.
With that said I am not gonna give it five stars because it has lacking areas....but does it deserve just one lipstick and a no...not all because just like I have come across consumers where its a stuggle to find that right shade and also make the product wear right on the skin...I have come across just as many people with nice balanced even toned and well hydrated skin and they are able to wear the product beautifully and find a nice color with out trying on a hundred different shades.

89 out of 109 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MMedina112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over the past years I have gone back and forth with this foundation, its seriously not my favorite, butjust for being MAC, I always try it again and again, but I ALWAYS return, it this last time I bought I was determined to keep it and use it, and nope I couldnt do that!, I got like two to three small really painful pimples on my chin, and I was oh no its the studio fix, and before I got anymore i returned it!, i dont want my skin to get bad!, and another thing, its a real shame that for some reason I just cannot find the proper shade, I'm thinking with MAC having soooo many shades why the flip cant I find the right one I seriously dont understand, cus with chanel i have no problem finding my shade, and they have like freaken 2 shades to chose from compared to MAC!...its pretty sad business..but to all those ppl who use studio fix without any problem and a good shade, congrats because it does have good coverage and is easy to apply and is overall a good product for ppl with normal skin, not sensitive like mine!
UPDATE: Ok again i got that little urge in my tummy to go and try this foundation, and I think that now I will actually keep, it the shade I was matched to is C4, and let me tell ya its pretty darn good, the coverage isgreat, but i never really had a problem with it, i use my 182 brush to apply it, then the 187 to blend all over with loose blot powder. I must use prep and prime and chanel T-mat shine control with it though, cus if i dont the foundation seems to "move around", and thats never a good look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by KellieH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. I am a fan on Studio fix and have been using it on and off for probably 9 of the last 12 years as it used to be hard for me to get hold of. Nothing beats it IMO for ease, speed, coverage, portability. People often compliment me on how beautiful my skin is when I am wearing this, and those people would be shocked to see the skin underneath. I will add that I like a full coverage look, it is definitely not for those with very dry skin

I have acne prone skin and sure this stuff probably doesn't help it, but I have tried plenty of others that have actually made it worse.

Because I am reluctant to give up my Fix, I have done some research and realised I have not been cleansing properly all this time. I now have a cleansing oil to remove it fully and am hoping it will mean I can continue to use Studio Fix for ever as I will be very upset to have to say goodbye.

I will continue to repurchase this as nothing beats how it looks on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally got matched to this foundation after wanting to so for a very long time, hoping it would be my holy grail. Far from it!!! Even though the color was a great match for me Studio Fix immediately made my face so powdery that my even husband (standing on the other side of the store) commented on how chalky it looked. Not only it looked very powdery, it made my skin flake in huge chunks all over, forehead, cheeks, everywhere!!! I looked like a molting snake. My skin has not flaked like this for a really long time, certainly not since I've started my current skin care routine. Luckily I have been using Palladio wet/dry foundation (yes, much cheaper at 10 bucks and available locally for me) which looks airbrushed on me when applied wet, makes my skin silky-soft to the touch, and never gives me more than 1-2 flakes (that brush off instantly) on my entire face if that. The wet-dry is now officially my holy grail. In a way I am even glad Studio Fix didn't work, bcs its more expensive and harder to find here. Above all, I am very glad I didn't try it before Palladio, or I may just have given up on finding a good foundation and written it off as not being for my skin. But even my temperamental, combination acne-prone skin is very happy (and very pretty!) with the wet/dry, and I will not stray from my HG again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Enrilynne

Studiofix is and will always be the best foundation/powder in regards to coverage. I wear it to weddings, parties, and anywhere I'll be photographed a lot because it makes your face look flawless and airbrushed. For a dewy look, I set it with the MAC Fix+ mist (I think that's what its called). Also, it cuts down my makeup application time because I don't have to use a separate foundation and powder. However, because of its ingredients I can't wear it everyday as I have oily, acne-prone skin. It's always good to have on hand though.