MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Hello MUA Readers, this is my 1st review and I'm happy to be writing about one of my most favorite products. I have been using MAC Studio Fix on and off for 8 years. I experiemented with other lines (Clinique, Prescriptives, ZA New York) but I keep coming back to it because it is the best powder compact out there. (However, I was astonished that MAC considers this a foundation AND powder-- this is not enough coverage for both. This is the BEST POWDER I've ever used. In fact, I hate "powders" because they make me feel dry and flaky-- this won't because it has a slightly creamier texture). So that is the perspective I am basing this review on.
$25 US is "reasonable." I can't see spending more than that for a compact; anything less and I would have to question the quality of the product and its ingredients.
As far as packaging, I find it to be sleek and portable, and I like having the sponge applicator housed seperately from the product underneath, rather than next to it (that would be too bulky) like other companies have it.
I've been reading that many of you broke out when you used the product. I can understand why: when I started using this almost 8 years ago, I used to break out alot-- and that was because I didn't have a good skincare regime. I thought it was MAC's fault. I'm older now, am obsessed with having great skin, have great skincare products and I use it every day-- and Studio Fix doesn't make me break out anymore. My skin is nice; my Studio Fix evens out my complexion. (Ladies, please don't try to cover all your pimples/acne-- treat it first! You'll use less product, save more money in the longterm and be more satisfied with the way you look. This would be my advice to you regardless of any cosmetics line you choose)
I gave this product a "4" because I can never seem to find the perfect shade for me, but it comes the closest compared to other brands I've tried (except for ZA New York, which Longs has stopped carrying and I'm unable to find). I've tried NC35 and C4, and found those to be too dark for me. I think I stuck with those because I wanted to be darker than I normally am, because I can wear darker eyeshadows without it looking harsh (the contrast). Also, anything lighter gives me a yellowish or pinkish tinge. (I'm mixed: Vietnamese/White. Cosmetics companies don't make shades for people like me).
I can't say that people have told me this is great foundation/powder on me-- but I do get complimented alot. And that's the point, right: for people to think you're naturally pretty, not that you have great makeup. Who's wearing who here??

MAC Studio Fix has become my HG powder foundation. It has lots of shades to suit (almost) any skin color and the coverage is excellent. I use NC20.
My suggestion is: don't use the sponge because it'll tend to be heavy on your face. I use a mini kabuki brush when applying.
When I don't want full coverage, I use my NC20 Studio Fix as concealer (under eye, dark spots, darker face areas) because I have uneven skin tone.
IMO, it is a bit pricey, but it's a good investment. Will definitely repurchase.

I have very sensitive skin & I'm glad I didn't get the acne or itchiness. The coverage is super great. Covers redness & dark circles. I apply this on with a mineral powder brush (Posh). Spray fix + before and after so it doesn't look cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

another favorite from Mac....this powder really works on me...my powder for almost 3yrs. Why i love this? because it makes me look flawless and it doesn't cake.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really love this product. When i 1st used it I hated it but after a few days it started to love it. A lot of people say that MAC is only for like photo shoot make up, and that's why i hated it at 1st , i thought it was to rich for my skin, making me break out. But i guess my skin got used of it, no more break outs. This foundation has great staying power, but i do have to touch up a few times during the day. I don't have to use concealer with it, covers my dark circles. GREAT GREAT GREAT FOUNDATION!!!

I've never used MAC before, so this is from a very fresh perspective. I was slightly put off by the smell of the foundation prior to application but was very suprised to see the outcome of the product on my face. I usually get dry spots when i wear powders & sometimes, foundation, even my current HG foundation (Teint Innocence by Chanel) can get me a bit dry on a bad day but this glides on smoothly onto my skin, creating a velvety finish and gave me medium coverage. I feel a bit made up however and do not really like the feeling of having makeup on my skin. Chanel Teint Innocence does not give me that feeling. I will carry on using this though, especially on days when I feel like my skin needs a bit of extra help, as this is actually quite good. If not for the smell and the feel on my skin, it could've been my new HG. I also don't really like the packaging though, its just a bit blah for me.

I don't understand all the big fuss over Mac.
Years ago i bought the whole bunch Mac makeup for my wedding. What a waste of money.
My sister and me wore for my wedding. She wanted to kill me and still years later she brings up. How i made her face look awful.
It gave us both dry flaky looking skin and it was in June. My sister has normal skin and not dry.
I also used body shop makeup too that day, and it sucked too.
To wrap it up i would never buy any Mac powders again.

This product was horrid to me finally figured out after a month of wearing this only on weekends it was the cause of some horrid breakouts. I would wear this on saturday and spend til the next thursday to get my face cleared up, I was so sad. This did initially go on perfectly and look flawless but there IS NO WAY that any initial look is worth the pain and embarassment of pimples. ALSO AS SOMEONE DID STATE THERE IS MINERAL OIL IN THIS POWDER to create the flawless look. So this is what was creating the breakouts as far as I am concerned the girl in the store just chuckled when I returned it. Oh yeah it causes it to sink into pores and can cause problems. WHAT??? Someone should put a warning on this product!! May be cause I have poor skin, but I thought this was ALL skin types :-(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brush this over my liquid foundation . It gives me great coverage. I sponge it on dry when I am in a hurry and it also gives me good coverage. I love this product. It is gentle with GREAT coverage for us girls that don't have perfect skin.

MY HG!

I wear N4 and nothing covers quite like it! I do agree that you need to use a good moisturizer under it because it does highlight dry patches. I use it with a MAC powder brush (150, I think) and my early morning application lasts all day long. I feel confident when I wear this foundation, especially since I'm still sort of fighting adult acne (mostly red marks at this point).

Video Reviews & Tutorials