MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/17/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a MAC mua so I have tried ALL the foundations. This is the best for oily skin! It is long-wearing and helps to control oil. And for goodness sake ppl, buy the foundation pump! It's only $4 and it's reusable.

This foundation works best over a primer and using a #187 brush to blend. This will give you an airbrushed effect. It is medium-to-full coverage so you won't need as much concealer. I wouldn't recommend using this foundation around the eye area, as it can be too drying and cause fine lines to appear more pronounced.

on 7/13/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I use the shade NC 37 I think this is the best foundtaion i have ever used and i only wish it came with a pump as tipping the bottle over to use it is not the most convient way of getting to your foundation.

When i went to get my new bottle today I noticed that they did the studio fix spf 15 in a stick foundation i wasnt as brave to try it and the SA didnt seem keen on it i will have to see if there are any reviews on it

on 7/12/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only foundation I would recommend from mac, bc mac is notorious for their foundation having bad ingredients and making people break out. The best thing about this foudnation is that you only need a little to only cover whatever you need. This conceals any acne scar redness with no problems, I never pour any out just use what on the cap and around the top of the bottle. I really dont suggest using this all over bc it has a really matte texture and if you use it all itll look cakey no matter what. Even when I just use it just a little on my face, I like my foudnation better after 30 min bc its not as matte. and I have a bit of a glow from myself. This is why I love this foudnation when im in a rush its easy to put on( just w/ my fingers like concealer) it doesnt really need a setting powder bc cause its so matte and has a really good staying power< just try it on your hand. My foudnation routine is I use a powder foundation( shiseido powdery foundation) Buff it on w/ a kubuki brush, then using my hands or a regular foudnation brush I dab it on my acne spots and under my eyes. Then I use a *little* powder to set it. Its very nice and fast. I would recommend this routine if you wanna cover acne. I actually dont have that much acne anymore, but I like doing my foudnation this way cause it always lasts all day(excluding a few powder touch ups) I'm actually going to repurchase another one today cause i like it so much! get it if you want fast foudnation you dont have to set, that has incredible coverage and lasting power!

on 7/11/2008 12:33:00 PM

For SFF I have several comments:

#1.This is a GREAT foundation for those who needs medium-full coverage. But this is NOT for those who wants the "NO-MAKEUP-LOOKS", because even the smallest amount you use this,it stills look like u have makeup on.

#2.This is NOT HEALTHY for your skin for everyday makeup.Why?Because the consistency is thick....so thick till even if i put on only a little.it seems my skin can't "breaths" and ussually it'll caused little-many breakouts from this eventhough you clean your face REALLY clean you still have breakouts.because it seems like it goes INTO your pores and UNDER yourskin.
This is perfect for SPECIAL OCCASIONS b'coz it gives a wonderfull coverage for uneven skintones,blemishes,dark acne scars but not pitted scars.

#3.For UNPERFECT face(many scars,etc) this will give a dreamy coverage as you CAN LAYER it over over and over again(I've tried 5-7 times for artistic photoshoot) and it stills goes on smooth and good.the application:fingers very layer and smooth with sponges.....or with MAC 187 brush and blend blend blend every layer wait till dry.Layer this thing 2-3 times...and you don't need concealer
For almost PERFECT to perfect skin still can use this for the doll/porcelain effects by using MAC 187 brush with the tiniest amount.Work on every part of face ONE by ONE.perfect skin only need A LITTLE...

So use it wise.....be good to your skin,great makeup....it is you who knows what king of foundation you need and the time you use it.For me,I use this almost everyday with the tiniestt very littleee a very very small amount of SFF with MAC 187 and it gives a very nice coverage and natural but still looks like have makeup on....not cakey if you BLEND very well....and blend quick it dries fast.
Still get a little white heads from this sometimes eventhough I cleans well but not severe only a little very little like 2 weeks with 1 small white heads and I can live with that....I often go facial....

But my friends have experience the MORE you layer it.It will cause more breakouts....So use it thick only for special occasions.Use veryyyyyyy little for everyday use....
#Use it wisely
#CLEANS well
#blends well........and you'll get the airbrushed effect!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Since I have oily skin, I would never wear this makeup alone. I always combine this with a primer and then powder to matte the look. It always looks fresh for the first few hours but later on during the day my skin always looks too shiny. During the summer time it can be the worst and I always end up washing my face a couple of times. During the winter, this makeup looks great on my face.

on 7/10/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

it gives great coverage, but if you have oily skin or you live somewhere hot and/or humid, this may not work that well. it's also very thick, and before the day ends i feel like i have a layer of mud caked on my face- it's maddening really. also- don't fall asleep in it. if you're prone to late nights, you DO NOT want to miss your nightly face wash in this one- i mean, you shouldn't anyway, but one night of sleeping in this on accident and i would be paying the price days after that. 1/4 of the day in, i'm a grease slick and that's even with the fact that i use primer and i set my foundation with powder.

on 7/9/2008 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product provides great coverage (at first), but enhances the oilyness in my skin. When I go to blot my face, the makeup comes off too. I wear a primer as well...it just doesn't have staying power with oily skin :(

on 7/6/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for two weeks and really do love it. The NC15 is just right for my cool, pale skin. I have noticed that it looks streaky and uneven if I apply without some sort of primer underneath. However, when I use it with Shiseido's Mineral Veil, which is relatively matte, this spreads and blends just right. The coverage is medium and buildable, and it does a good job of smoothing imperfections to give you a clean canvas for color. I find cream or powder blushes easy to work with over this, and the staying power is good. I will repurchase, but I need to get the pump.

on 7/2/2008 11:41:00 PM

This foundation is just SO thick and way too matte fir the look i'm going for.
I got the correct shade, but it's hard to make it look lie you don't have a mask on your face because it's so thick. It's also very hard to blend because it settles quickly. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 7/2/2008 2:12:00 PM

Would I buy this again ? ? Yes and no ! If they made this in a neutral creamy pale alabastar skin colour I definitely would as other reviews here people credit it on its lasting power but . . . when I bought the lightest shade NC15 or something, it had definite yellow undertones as if it was made for pale asian people, but I am a v.pale Irish person with mid red hair. My skin is nealy transparent it is soooo light and I am sick of sail assistants telling me to go darker to BLEND MY FRECKLES IN with my skin ! I am not wearing tan make up so you can't see them ! ! I want long lasting pale. neutral pale and was really suprised when I asked for the palest colour from MAC, who are supposedly the kings/queens of the colour spectrum, giving me this craaaaaapp ! Can anybody help me ?