September 1, 2014 | 1984 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kawaiica

i bought this in NC30. i wear it with 187 brush. the coverage is good...don't feel heavy on my skin..don't oxidize much...set with powder keep my skin oil-free for hours. overall..very good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pumagirl163

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product - I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and this is probably the closest. It has great coverage and looks absolutely fabulous on my skin. I have oily skin though and I find that around mid morning I'm really oily, its also not very long lasting as I often get traces of foundation on paper I've handled which gets embarrasing at times!!
but all in all I think its great, people are always asking me which brand of make up I use

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mcneile

I have been using this product for two months now, and I have to say I really love it. I went into a MAC Pro store to find the right foundation color, and I had a very helpful Mac Artist place some of the Studio Fix Fluid in NC 15 on my jawline. I am very fair so it has been difficult to find something that doesn't make me look orange ( I was using Bare Minerals Before and I looked orange). It blended in so well. I was very worried that I would break out horribly since I had heard horror stories, but it has not caused anything to worry about. It has a nice coverage, not cakey, perfect color for my skin although I sometimes feel very pale. Thats just me though. I would recommend getting an professional artists opinon on what line of Mac's foundation would be best for your skin tone, daily use, and skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by bex9

If I could I would give this 3.5 lippies. I am a foundation junkie, and while most days I prefer Chanel Tint de Innoncent or on oily days Laura M. oil free, this is my go-to fndt for really bad skin days. It doesnt not make my breakouts worse, and covers what I need it to cover. Gets the job done basically. Doesnt leave me looking like an oil slick but a pressed powder is def recommended. Also would recommend a nice lively blush with maybe a light sheen or shimmer because as the poster below me mentioned this can look heavy on your face and blush will make you look more natural. This is not something I would recommend for everyday wear, nothing amazing here. Better than what you would find in a drugstore but for another 10 or 15 dollars you could get something really nice from Chanel or Dior, but thats just my personal preference.
***note*** in EVERY other mac product im NC20 but for some reason that was dark and kinda orangy on my skin, I use NC15 for this fdtn...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I originally posted a review on Studio Fix Fluid over a year ago, commenting on just how awful it was. It turns out that I was using colors that were way off for my skin tone . I was using NC30 and NC35, both of which were way, way too dark. I'm a NC30 in Select SPF, so I figured that I could grab this shade in SFF - bad choice. I hesitantly tried it again one month ago and, to my surprise, found a very nice match with NC25 - a light-medium shade with lots of yellow. If you're considering using it, go a shade or two lighter than you normally would with other MAC foundations, considering that this particular foundation is densely pigmented. However, even though the match was good, it performs quite terribly. As far as colors go and texture and blendability, it's amazing. But as the day goes on, it melts off your face and stains just about everything it comes in to contact with. If you use a primer - which didn't help in the slightest to make the foundation last longer - it will just float on the surface of your skin, drawing attention more to the fact that you're wearing heavy makeup.
MAC's SFF is a real disappointment. I wouldn't recommend it as a long-lasting foundation. It looks good for a very short span of time, but it's not a functional foundation in any way. By the end of the day, the face is a mess, obvious and embarrassing makeup meltdown - lines, pores, patches, oiliness are ruthlessly exposed. Ughh, I don't want to elaborate any more. There are lots of better options out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

I LOVE this product and will probably never stray from it. I had been using the powder form of this for quite some time, and never even thought about the liquid but boy am i glad i did! I have extremely oily skin with patches of redness. This foundation covers them all up (while still looking natural) and I never get oily. I pair this up with MAC's Blot Powder and its love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by underpaidkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i'm really oily and it's hard to find a liquid that will stay all day. my color is NC20 and i'm really yellow undertone. for my oiliness i just use Coty Airspun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. Im NC15 in MAC, #20 in MUFE mat velvet ( im pale but with strong yellow/olive undertones ) This foundation is like 2nd skin to me. I have combination leaning towards oily, acne prone skin. My acne includes: *blackheads, clogged pores, pimples, and im very cystic acne prone* This is one of the few foundations I can use with sunscreen that does not give me the slightest bit of a break out. The coverage is thin to medium, buildable. Its finish is satiny smooth, not leaving you powdery or greasy. I do not use concealer on my face while using this, instead I layer this alone for coverage to act as my concealer, and it works great. As you can see from my pictures im ultra pale, have lots of redness in my skin, and discoloration from past acne I have to hide with foundation- this foundation does that for me. Studio Fix Fluid lasts all day on me! I set it with MUFE mat velvet pressed powder and people are finally telling me my skin looks great. I actually like the studio fix fluid better then the MUFE mat velvet (people say they are similar) I find fix fluid looks more natural, lasts longer, gives better coverage, doesnt show up dry spots as much, and obviously is cheaper, and easier to get your hands on. I cant say enough & highly recommend. For reference Ive asked MAC live artists about this foundation, and they said its the best foundation for oily/acne prone skin that they have to offer, and I agree. *quick note* The fix fluid works great alone without powder as well. I choose to set it because its very humid here in the south & I have an oilier t-zone but used alone or with even a drugstore powder to set- it works fab! Update May 7/09 I still use this everyday , its amazing. I get non stop compliments on my face, and I actually have tons of redness and acne scars. Loveeee this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

About two years ago, I tried this foundation on and hated it. Due to its matte finish and the wrong color match, my first attempt at this foundation made me look way too made up. I looked like I had too much makeup on.

I went back to MAC recently to give this product this out again and told her my MAC Select Tint shade. Again, I got the same, fake makeup result.

The MA then decided to try a different shade and swatched some cool and warm colors at my jawline. Lo and behold, the foundation that worked best was two shades lighter and in a different color group.

She even had a second opinion from another MA. The results were like night and day. I really didn't look like I had makeup on. This is much more versatile than other MAC foundations, as I can build, dilute, or add shimmer to achieve the results that I desire. I'm very happy with this purchase.

(edit: I had to take off some stars because I think it's causing some breakouts.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by velektronika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. Not a HG though. This foundation lasts 8hrs on me. I have very oily skin. I'm glad that it doesnt cause breakouts, as Studio Fix powder did. I love applying it w/ MAC 109 brush. It looks like my foundation was airbrushed. I do need to use something else to control the shine, though.