July 22, 2014 | 1232 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by shuntablue

I actually like this foundation. Its one of the few from MAC that doesnt break me out. If you look on their website, it states that this foundation is OIL-FREE, which is a great thing. Will definitely buy again. ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOVED this foundation the first time I wore it. It went on like silk buffed on with my 187 brush, and fix+ to set it. I got loads of compliments on my complexion, it evened out skin, concealed redness and made me look radiant and flawless. I woke up the next morning to the worst breakout I've had in a long time. I have heard all the horror stories about how MAC foundation makes you break out, but I went ahead and tried it. My skin is still trying to recover from the mess this has made of it. I will be sticking to my EL Double Wear. The search continues.....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by vanillajanice

I have been on a search for my HG liquid foundation. I used to use powder foundation, but felt that I need more coverages as I get older. So far, I've tried Chanel TI liquid (lasting power is just OK) and compact (feels heavy), GA LSF (probably my 2nd fav), MUFE Mat Velvet+ (can't get a good color match), and so far SFF is my favorite. I need more time before I can make it HG status.

Great coverage without looking too heavy, lasts a long time on my combo/oily skin, and color match is perfect! I dot on my face with my PX brush, then blend in with 188 brush. It looks airbrushed & my skin looks amazing.

My gripe with this product is that you have to buy the pump separately. My MAC store has been out of the pumps for a couple of weeks & it's a pain to get the product out of the bottle without it.

Other than that, I highly recommend this foundation. Hope this helps others with shade matches:
SFF - NC40, GA LSF #6.5, MUFE Mat Velvet+ #55 (it's a tad too pink, but this is the closest match), Chanel TI in Wheat (or 60 Hale for Asia & Europe).

** UPDATE ** Unfortunately, this broke me out if worn daily. I save it for special occasions. =( continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

I wear this every single day and I just love it. It's doesn't look as if it gives much coverage since it's so lightweight, but somehow my skin looks much smoother and it gives a kind of glow as well. It never makes me break out, though my skin is kind of acne prone. I've been using it for a few months but it looks no where near running out! If it does I'm definitely repurchasing.

EDIT.
The longer I've used this foundation, the more obvious is the fact that my skin gets really oily within 2 hours of putting it on, and it hardly gives any coverage, even though I wear it with Prep+Prime. I unfortunately do not have nice, even skin and I think I'll have to look somewhere else for foundation with more coverage. I'm only halfway through the bottle but I don't think I want to finish it.

EDIT2
Oh God I'm never using this foundation again. I've finally learned to apply foundation properly and my, this foundation looks awful on me! Now I finally get what the glitter is about- I swipe a finger down my face and my entire fingertip is covered with glitter! Ugh! I'm switching to Shu Uemura and I'm never going to use MAC for foundations ever again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ondpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OH MAN was I not impressed by this foundation. I prefer to have that dewy, pale-ish glow and this was so orangey. It matched my skin tone, but it didn't look pretty... I don't know how else to describe it. I have a Revlon foundation that is actually BETTER than this stuff and for 8 bucks less. I wanted to be a MAC fan but I'd rather not spend 25 bucks on a so-so foundation. I was very dissapointed and I wish their foundations would be a little paler and more yellow-toned. And I thought MAC had all the shades anyone could need...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

Love the way it looks, hate the way it feel!

It broke me out, which no other foundation has done before, so I returned it asap. It does give a beautiful finish, better than any of the dozen foundations I've tried, but I'm sorry, it's just not worth the extra acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've already bought this product twice, I'm only a 16 year old, already using liquid foundation, but this is because my skin is horrible due to lack of sleep, as we all know.. :D

I have acne prone/combination skin, and I use no primer or Shu Uemura's mousse primer underneath. The shade was a bit darker than the original foundation I first bought in my life, which would be M.A.C.'s Select SPF NC25. I bought Studio Fix NC25, the formula was a bit different, waaaaaaaaay more coverage (a plus!), but a bit darker and more yellow.

I like the coverage way too much to go back to Select SPF unfortunately, but this is a great product.

I do have mediocre bad skin, but it's definetely not from this product. I break out only during times of the pms & when I go weeks without using this foundation, my skin is pretty much the same, so I would not blame breakouts on this product.

Though I do have to say, it scares me sometimes when I see the MA's at MAC have the cakiest, most pimply skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Paheli

NC44; Oily/Combo acne prone Skin. I have tried liquid foundation in the following brands: Chanel, Prescriptives, Elizabeth Arden. With the other's, my skin would get oily/shiny within 30 min. after application. By the end of day it looked it I was nothing on! :(

I was always afraid of trying MAC foundations/powder after hearing how it made people break out. Finally a few weeks ago I just gave up and went to MAC, got matched, and got a sample to try out. I wore my sample everyday for 2 weeks...no breakout. My skin looked polished....did NOT change colors. I use MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50 underneath the foundation, set it with my Prescriptives Flawless powder. I can now go about 4 HOURS without blotting!!!

I just purchased a full bottle 2 days go.....Once I run out of my Prescriptives powder (which will be in about 2 weeks), I definately plan on getting matched with a MAC powder. Again, this is not a perfect foundation.....but for $25.....this is amazing and much better than the $50 foundations I've tried before. If nothing else....try a sample!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by l0706

So far so good, I've just received this and tried it and I'm quite impressed, compared to what I am with most foundations anyway. I am very pale, I bought the NC15 from the MAC website and was pleasantly surprised to find it's a great match, I often find the lightest shade in most foundation ranges to be still too dark or orangey. I was previously using Chanel's Teint Fluide Universel which was great, light coverage and lovely shade, but it's now been discontinued - this seems to feel a bit more like I have 'something on my face' and not as weightless as my old Chanel one, but it still seems fairly good. A far cry from the disgusting, heavy feel of Estee Lauder's Double Wear!
The bottle could be improved however, it takes a bit of time to get the right amount out, but it's not such a big deal.
However, I've read in many places this causes breakouts in a lot of people, and I do have acne prone skin (not severe/cystic acne, but occasionally moderately bad), so I will see how it goes in that sense and probably update in the future.
I would recommend anyone who has trouble finding a light enough shade to try this, in NC15.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was using M.A.C 's Studio Tech but stopped using it after I found out it had vegetable oil and castor oil. I went to the MAC website to find an OIL Free foundation. This was listed as oil-free. Went to my MAC store and the girl matched me up as NW20. In the Studio Tech I was an NW25 but the girl explained that in the Studio Fix Fluid the shades are darker than the Studio Tech! Anyways, NW20 is a perfect match for my skin. No foundation line, no orange colour just beautiful skin! This is so light on my skin and by light I mean it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on! It doesn't look cakey, it just looks beautiful and flawless. I also found when I put this on it gave great coverage. I only put concealer on two pimples I had and my under eye area. Before I had to put concealer like all over my face. I ADORE this foundation. I truly believe that I have found my HG foundation! When I put this on it gives me a beautiful matte finish. My matte finish lasts soooo long too. I wore it for 5 hours and had just a little bit of shine on my nose. I blotted and was fine for the rest of the night. Before when I was using Studio Tech I had to blot my face like 3 times and I would use like 2 sheets of oil blotting papers each time. Tonight I only used one. I can't even begin how much this has increased my confidence. I don't have to worry about heavy cakey foundation anymore or my super oily skin. This looks so natural yet gives such good coverage and makes my skin matte for such a long time. WOW. I am so impressed with this foundation. I am in LOVE girls!:D This doesn't oxidize on my skin either. I don't understand why other reviewers are saying this makes them break out if it's oil free and isn't heavy at all. I apply this with my MAC foundation brush. I use a primer before too. I found that I only use maybe a quarter size dab on my hand to do my all face. This will last a long time!! All the girls tonight at work couldn't believe how fabulous my skin looked. Two of them had me right down the name of this and they're going to get it! One girl even said towards the end of my 8 hour shift my foundation still looked flawless and looked like I had just put it on!! Usually I am a shinny oily mess but not with this. Love love love this stuff:D:D I wanted to get the pump with this but MAC is redesigning it so it won't be out till Dec/Jan.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No