MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product--it has yet to fail me!! Great coverage w/out looking overdone. I apply it with my fingers and when I want a glowy complexion I mix it with strobe cream-works like a charm. It's silky, spreads easily, and blends nicely. I love that they have a variety of shade choices, so mine is a close match if not an exact one. I have no problems with that horrid detectable jawline color separation. This is a keeper.

I've been using this product everyday for three years. I've yet to find a better foundation (for me) and I have shopped around for years (I do like studio tech, but I go through that too quickly so it's not worth it). I'm NC20 with a LOT of acne scarring. I still get breakouts so I love the coverage that studio fix provides me. It's not a perfect match for me, I find that sometimes it looks a bit orange, but it's the best I've found so far.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Entered the new MAC store. Asked for a foundation that works like Revlon Colorstay but in my color (which RCS does not have), tootsie roll brown with yellow undertones. The sales lady took NC50, did half my face and it matched my chin, outsides of my face and forehead exactly. The middle of my face is a shade or two lighter. I was surprised it looked so good. Bought it off the bat vowing to return it the second I was sure it was going ot break me out. This is day one wearing it. I can't really tell if it has amazing coverage because my skin is just about blemish free and the color is so perfect it's invisible to the eye to see where the make up begins and my skin ends. So far so good though. I had it on all day and it didn't melt at all. It looks so natural. I used my fingers to apply but will bpe buying a make up brush to execute coverage to perfectioin.

3 WEEK REVIEW
If you're buying this with the notion that its going to be anything like Revlon Colorstay with it's amazing flawless coverage and staying power be warned, the coverage of this liquid foundation is very poor. If you have greasy skin you willl not like this. It has a grease like feel when applied. Its not bad for a light coverage foundation but it isn't buildable and before half the day is through it will have dissapeared off your face. I love the shade, though it darkens a little once on but evening wear this isn't it unless you practically paint it thick on. It also gets on everything. Can I also say that MAC not selling the pump with it is ridiculous. A total rip off having to buy one for $7 extra.

I love this foundation! I use NC15 which is the lighest shade, and the first shade i have ever got to match my skin perfectly (most brands don't make a foundation light enough for my skin). The staying power is great. The only down side is that my skin got a little shiny after a few hours, but i do have an oily tzone. The coverage is also fantastic. I usually have a few spots, and this covered them up great.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation!! The first MAC mua used the mineralize liquid on me but I wasnt happy with the coverage so another mua at another MAC store told me I should be using this instead. It covers much better for me and stays on pretty well throughout the day.

.....Edit...I had been noticing flaking and bumps on the sides of my face and on my forehead. I stopped using this foundation and the problem went away. I tried it again a few weeks later and the same bumps and flakeys came back. Since I have totally stopped using this the problems have never reoccurred so I can't give a good review on this now :(. Too bad because it was the best lasting foundation I'd used

I've been using M.A.C. Porducts for about a year now, and I've become an addict! I love everything about this foundation. It goes on so evenly, and it helps so much with my oily skin (YAY)! before using this product I went between different brands that you get at walmart, and you really do pay for quality, and I find that you don't have to use as much, and it lasts so much longer.

I have very complicated skin and i've been looking around for a good foundation. My skin's oily and i have scars from acne from when i was younger. I actually had a long chat with a girl from there and she was so helpful with the foundations. we tried a couple and i fell in love with this one. I am pretty light skinned with yellow undertones (im asian). I use NC30 just to give my skin some color. My body is darker then my face soo it works out(i get paler in the winter and it looks so UGH). It gives my face some color and i also use it as a concealer. If i have a trouble spot i would use a concealer brush and use the built up foundation in the cap and dab it on my trouble spots. Makes my skin look sooo nice and soft. and i finish with the mineral powder over it and it lasts allllll day and night. I love it. i've also tried Studio tech and it just was not... pretty on me. haha. I would buy this OVER and OVER again.

My skin breaks out if i turn around too fast and foundation is a nightmare. I can't stand the way redness looks on my face so I have always slathered tons of foundation on to cover it which breaks me out which means more foundation to cover. Its a bad cycle. MAC fixed me!!! I love it! Everyone says mac foundation is killer but thanks to the reviews on makeup alley I braved the mac foundation and LOVE it. It truly lasts ALL day! Never ever has any foundation truly done that. After ten hours of tailgates and football in west texas heat my makeup was still looking great in the pictures at the end of the evening. It has not broken me out...provides great coverage...and has finally solved my foundation woes. Def repurchase. Its worth the price. You'll buy 3 that dont work or one that does! think about it.

UPDATE: Yeah way too good to be true. Ate my face broke me out made me sad...etc. I am having such a foundation crisis. It really is too heavy i guess

To be honest, i don't like this foundation. The sales girl told me this foundation suite for oily skin. But when i used this product, it's really disappointed me. My skin is very oily and i sweat alot. When i wear this foundation, my makeup look cakey, especially in nose area. and everytime i'm sweating, the foundation running down from my face and it's look very ugly!.
At 1st, i though i might be using the wrong technique, but the next day i put sunblock, i put foundation and i finish it with MAC pressed blot powder. But u know what? The same happen...my skin still oily and makes my skin look cakey again. Can u imagine how ugly it is? I swear to god i'm not going to wear this foundation anymore.

I bought my first MAC studio fix fluid foundation about two weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I have tried sooo many foundations since I started wearing make when I was about 13 or 14 and this has got to be my number one so far!! It matched my skin EXACTLY, which has always been my problem. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and I love how good this covers all my blemishes up! I also loved that it has a lot more yellow tone in this foundation (since I am of asian race), so it was just the perfect match! I don't even need to use concealer to cover up my spots before my foundation, its that GOOD! I love it and I think people with hard to cover spots should give this a try!