October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

This my absolute HG foundation. I am on my 6th bottle of this. I have had no trouble w/ breakouts (knock on wood). It is so perfect for me. I was using BE prior to this and could not understand why my skin was always a mess, well I finally tried this when it first came out and I was very impressed w/ the coverage. My skin finally cleared up after my disaster w/ BE. Also the coloring is a tad darker , so whatever color you are in MAC I would suggest going w/ a shade lighter. I am really a NC 20, but had to go to an NC 15 because the color ran dark. My only big negative w/ this is the bottle. I do have a pump for it which definitely helps alot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by meezteeh

I really like the finish that this product gives my combination skin, but it just breaks me out! I use it for 2 days then I just stop because I start to develop cystic acne and it takes 2 weeks to clear my face up. Really, really wanted to make it work because this is the only foundation that doesn't give me a ghost face in photographs. I probably won't buy again, I'm just waiting to finish my bottle which will probably last me a lifetime since I only use it twice a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by catrat242

This is my favorite foundation EVER! Paired with MAC's 187 brush, you get a flawless, almost airbrushed look. Definitely will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Juana2008

I love this product. I switched from the Studio Fix Powder to the Fix Fluid. I use the Mineralize SkinFinish Powder to set it to give it even, flawless look. The only thing is that this product does not match the Studio Fix Powder. In the Powder Im NC45, but in the Fix In NC44. Its a big difference.

The packaging is nice in the glass bottle, but makes me worry the day I might drop it!! Also, I use a clean finger to pat trouble areas with the FF so I bought the pump to keep it from germs and other hand debris.

Overall, this product is great, make sure you get matched without having the Studio Fix Powder number in mind, there is a difference..

I only wish it came with an applicator of some sort...

I had enough...to thick and orangey..Switched to Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sasssy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend urged me to try this. I got my color matched at a MAC store and bought the NW20 Studio Fix Fluid and powder. The salesperson told me the foundation will "oxidize" so I needed to powder it right after application. After a few hours it was so blotchy and cakey and oily and orange -- I couldn't believe it. I experimented with different application tools over the next few days and was met with the same result. I'm so disappointed in this product. I don't know how MAC can get off charging $21 for this. It is, hands down, the worst foundation I've ever used. This and the powder are going back to the store!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is horrible. I used some that a friend gave me and it turned out to be very cakey. Not to mention, it broke me out all along my jawline in tiny little bumps that didn't go away for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff looks like you put a mask on your face. it is full coverage, to the point where you dont need concealer, but i cant imagine thats good for acne prone or oily skin. so i stopped using it. and besides i could never find my perfect match. ive tried everything from NW35, NC40, NC 30, NC 42. and i havent found what my color is. the last time i got NC40 and it just looked like a pale white mask on my face i had to pile on alot of bronzer to look even with my neck and chest and even then it was really obvious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I bought this foundation in the more "sunny" months. May & june. I used it for about 4 months and loved it, except it's way too light for me now, and it just makes me very cakey and oily. yes it will make you look orange if you buy the powder with it, thats why i used my own. it made me look really madeup and i didn't always like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eladen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In general I love this foundation. I use NC25 in the summer and NC20 in the winter. It works well for my combo to oily skin without causing me any breakouts. The key to this is to make sure and REMOVE the makeup thoroughly after all day wear. The only 2 products I have found that truly remove it all is Estee Lauders Take It Away and Yes to Carrots Eye & Makeup Remover (from Walgreens). If you do not remove this makeup at night you will end up with clogged pores.

Ok, that said...I will finish my review :) I have found that it works better with some kind of primer underneath. I was using a sample of Clinique's City Block in light tint which worked ok, but still allowed the oily's to come to bay during the middle of the day. I have found that my NV Perricone's Active tint in Light 01 is the perfect primer for me with this foundation. I barely have to blot or use any powder throughout the day with this combination. The powder I prefer is the Cheapo DS Coty Airspun in Translucent.

The only Con I can think of is that I wish it came in a squeeze tube. I do not like the glass jar it comes with. I have not used a pump with it and have been thinking of doing this the next time I purchase it. Also, it is super hard to tell when you are almost out of the product because either they tint the glass bottle with the same color as the foundation or it sticks to the sides and you can not tell when it is almost gone. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by gemmaantonia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love SFF! It's amazing! The only problem I had is that NW15 in SFF is not the same as it is in all other MAC foundations, it's more like an NW20 in SFF and since they don't do a lighter shade in this foundation, I can't actually use it :(

So yes, I'd buy it again BUT only if MAC brought out a lighter shade!