September 30, 2014 | 997 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2006 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gucci_gurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What's the big hype about this lip balm? First of all, it has wayyy too much menthol or coamphor which actually dries your lips out. I had to wipe it off after a couple of miutes because it was too tingly. Second, it's expensive! There are a lot of other lip balms that are a lot better at moisturizing than this. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's better. The only thing I liked about this lip balm was that it tasted good and made my breathe smell good, but overall-its sucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by MedicJen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smells great, but doesn't moisturize at all. I think that it just left a waxy layer on my lips. I have both the tube and the tin, and I definitely hate to mess with a tin of balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ObVusChild

Why the hype? My mom keeps a tin of this in her purse, and if I don't have my own purse I'll use it, but there's almost no point. As ever, tins really annoy me, but I'll give the tube the benefit of the doubt. Still, I feel like this makes only a stiff, waxy layer over my lips, without having any moisturizing effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by htebe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tend to be dehydrated and for several years had cracked, chapped lips. I tried TJ's lip balm, every DS type out there, and then finally found Burt's. Don't get the lifeguard balm, its for serious lifeguards, it's white from zinc oxide. Also, the honey type is grainy, not so good. The true Burt's Bee's Beexwas Lip Blam is what rescued my ugly cracked lips. I use it nightly. Mom and Dad don't appreciate it, but it makes a world of difference to me. I love the mint and the fact that it stays on all night. Other balms just laid on top of my lips, this penetrates. It's more expensive than other brands, but smoother, more effective, and my lip rescue. I don't bother using it during the day unless we are having extra dry weather in So Cal. But at night, it's the bomb.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2006 8:05:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't see why people flip over this stuff. It's just like normal chapstick, except with a gross "natural" minty flavor that made my dog ROOT THROUGH MY BACKPACK TO FIND IT & CHEW IT ALL UP !!! !!!11 i was so pissed. Long story short; don't buy it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this after having a problem with my lips being chapped and this only made them worse. I can't use this product...it makes my lips peel and I didn't like that cold feeling on my lips either. I'll just stick to Blistex. Everyone raves about Burt's Bees stuff but I'm afraid to try anything else and it isn't cheap either! Blistex is like 99 cents for a tube of chap stick and has sunscreen too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As far as plain old non-pigmented balms go, this is the best. I love Burt's Bees! It used to be that I had a tube in every purse, m/u bag, etc. Now I need to restock!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by icannotthinkofone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this lip balm a lot, mainly because of the cool refreshing feeling you get from the mint. I love the scent! Looking forward to trying the Honey version.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sofreshnsoclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't seem to understand the hype surrounding this product. I bought Burt's Bee's Beeswax lip balm approximately a month and a half ago, expecting it to transform my somewhat chapped lips into beautiful, lucious lips. Well guess what? That didn't happen. The lip balm doesn't penetrate into your lips, making them feel well moisturized. Rather, it just feels like a waxy film over your lips. I'll stick to my Hydrocare Labello, thank you very much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I do not like this lip balm at all. It does not matter if it is in the tube or tin. It dries out my lips, it has a grainy consistancy. It is a Waxy mess. I will never use this again.