July 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sofreshnsoclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't seem to understand the hype surrounding this product. I bought Burt's Bee's Beeswax lip balm approximately a month and a half ago, expecting it to transform my somewhat chapped lips into beautiful, lucious lips. Well guess what? That didn't happen. The lip balm doesn't penetrate into your lips, making them feel well moisturized. Rather, it just feels like a waxy film over your lips. I'll stick to my Hydrocare Labello, thank you very much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I do not like this lip balm at all. It does not matter if it is in the tube or tin. It dries out my lips, it has a grainy consistancy. It is a Waxy mess. I will never use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I am on the fence here. On one hand, I love the fresh peppermint scent and flavour, yet I feel that the peppermint oil is a potential irritant and may actually be drying out my lips. Lately, I have been buying the Avon Lip Plumper with retinol when it's on for 3.99 and I think it has superior moisturization. I probably would not rebuy the Burt's.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by dewofthesea

i used to use plain blistex, but i've found that this the best lip balm ever! thats all i've got to say!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lisaloveschloe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Will I buy this product again? hello, yes, I buy two at a time in case I lose one. However, I must tell you, the first one I ever bought was awful, it was stale or something, way too dry. But I tried it again, and its everything you want in a lip balm with a delish smell people always compliment. So if you've tried it, and it was off, try it again, I'm so glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this product really soothes my chapped lips and makes them feel much better under lipgloss. i love the mint flavor, i think mint the best flavor for chapstick. it tingles a bit when i first put it on but it quickly subsides. this is ceap enough that i can buy it as often as a need to.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shortyxD

i bought this cause some of my friends said it was really good BUT when i put it on it made my lips look white bleh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lip balm several months ago, but hadn't realized until now that my lips actually feel DRYER after wearing Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I discovered this after purchasing a lip tint, and for the best application I would apply the lip balm before the lip tint. Well, after a few days of this my lips felt very dry. I stopped using the tint, and continued with the lip balm, thinking this would help the dryness. It didn't. So, I look it up in Paula's book... and YEP this lip balm contains peppermint, which actually dries your lips in the long run.

For now, I'm using Aloe Up Natural Lip Ice, with an SPF 15. It seems to be doing better, but it is not the best, as it contains preservatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulLove

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm in the chapstick tube is one of my favorite lip products. I have lips that get dry in sunny & cold weather. I hate my lips without this lip balm, this lip balm is amazing.
I hate the feeling of chapped lips under lipgloss. So I usually apply this under lipgloss. It gives me a smooth base & it makes my lips feel refreshed because of the minty flavour. I also apply this before I go to sleep so I wake up to unchapped lips. I constandly have this in my pocket & I always have this on my lips, neither under lipgloss or just by it's self. I love this smooth minty feeling on my lips. It also makes my lips a bit more pouty, I have notice. Not dramatic pout just a little pout barely noticeable because of the mint.
The packaging of this lip blam comes in two different style. One in a metal round container that you apply with your fingers. Or a chapstick style that doesn't need fingers to apply. I definitely like the chapstick style better because I don't need to coat my fingers in balm. The price for this alright around $4 (Canadian Dollars) for a chapstick or container.
I have been purchasing this product as long as Burt's Bees keep making them. This product is truly amazing. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

I love this stuff... I first tried it a few years back and became instantly addicted (as are all of my friends)... love the smell and how soft this is.