Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 6/7/2005 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser I have oily acne-prone skin in the summer and dry acne-prone skin in the winter.This works great all year, in the winter I do use a little Philosophy hope in a jar moist. In the summer I don't, It takes off all my makeup, does not strip the skin dry, just perfect!!!

on 6/6/2005 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The worst cleanser that I have ever tried. Left my face feeling slick and gave me a terrible whitehead breakout all over my forehead. It has a lot of botanical oils, so that might have been the problem. Didn't leave my face feeling clean at all.

on 6/5/2005 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have kind of combination skin now that it is getting to be summer (oily nose, dry cheeks kind of thing), and I have to say that this has been the best cleanser I have ever tried. I was using EL's Soft Clean before, it was good, but nothing like this at removing makeup. I am very impressed with how my pores are clearing up and it hasn't dried my skin any, which is typical of all cleansers not made specifically for dry skin. I am going to stick with this product. I really love it!

on 5/29/2005 12:58:00 PM

I finally did get to try this, I did break out for over a month but I hear if you stick with it, it work's. Well I am glad I stuck with it I do notice my skin tone evening out and havent had too many break's so far so good, I will repurchase when my bottle is gone if all keeps going well.

on 5/27/2005 5:22:00 PM

HG material! Wonderful product! Got my makeup off, even the hard to wash waterproof lash stuff AND has not broken me out. I actually really like the scent and it doesn't leave anything behind. 1 lippie off for being so darn $$$$. I bought the travel size at Sephora for 12, and its gonna last me a while since i only use a quarter size dollop.

on 5/26/2005 9:52:00 PM

I love this cleanser, smells good and takes off light makeups without drying my skin. I've used up 3 bottles and will keep getting this. PS, natual ingredients.

on 5/26/2005 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm very surprised I like this product. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and I had been using Murad's clarifying cleanser, but I completely stripped by skin and it was constantly scaley. This is wonderful- I pour some in my hand, add a biy of warm water, and massage it all over my face for a minute. I thoroughly removes everything, even mascara, and does not irritate my skin or eyes. It's very simple and everything I want in a cleanser.

on 5/25/2005 2:50:00 PM

You know what this product is like - its like eye makeup remover for your whole face. Its weird, because it definitely dissolved makeup off your face well, but it leaves like a very very light flim behind. Its not bad, but if you have oily skin, I could see this being problematic. I have normal skin- so I am on the fence. definitely got the makeup off, but my face still felt like it needed to be washed- UPDATE: you know what, I stuck it out with this cleanser, and now I love it! My face has never felt so soft. I just had to get used to not having my face having that 'super scrubbed dry' feeling. I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/24/2005 3:25:00 PM

I first was introduced to the Philosophy brand on QVC and you know, on television you get to see all the before and afters, and everyone that called in raved about it and I felt maybe it was going to be just what i needed but it wasn't. I was very let down, it did "Sort of" clean my face but to be honest with you it left my skin feeling...almost a bit rough and EXTREMELY dry. not to mention, the smell is so offensive, i haven't had a product that smelled so bad since cetaphil. so gross. it really bothered me. will not buy again.

on 5/18/2005 9:44:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Real Purity. I tried Cetaphil because many on the board said it was just like Real Purity. That was not the case for me. Cetaphil made my face feel dry and tight. Real Purity leaves my skin feeling soft. I never have to use make-up remover because Real Purity takes off all the make-up including stubborn mascara. I will never stray from Real Purity again.