November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

This product was a nightmare for me! I got some samples from another MUA member and used it one evening. An hour later my face felt tight so I washed it and used my regular cetaphil. The next morning I had red, rashy, bumpy breakouts all along my hairline and under my ears and chin. It was awful! I've never had such a strong reaction. I'm never trying Philosophy again - not taking any chances that I'll break out again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not totally floored by it and it smells interesting and I probably won't buy it again as I really love the Caudalie foaming cleanser or the PC cleanser for dry skin

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2005 6:07:00 PM More reviews by luckie17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used a sample of this stuff, and, no offense to the people who love this stuff, it really sucked. I have combination skin that gets dry easily everywhere except the top of my nose, where it gets oily. This is NOT a cleanser for everyone. I used this a few nights and it left AN OIL SLICK on my face! My nose was oilier than before I used this. My skin felt gross and unclean and not right. This stuff also has a funky herb-y smell I really didn't like. The bottle is cute and the price could be worse, but this just isn't worth anything to me. I wouldn't even pay drugstore prices for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Lyxbeiby

I had really high hopes for this product which also was my first from Philosophy. I've heard a lot about it and many seems to have gotten great results using it.

I have a pretty oily T-zone and some blemishes when it's "that time of month".

This product didn't feel like it cleaned deep enough. It took away my make-up without much problem. But it felt like it didn't do anything else. I can't say I notice any difference at all in my skin. My pores are the same and I break-out just as often. I did however like the fact that it didn't dry out my skin. I won't purchase again for now, maybe I'll try it with a toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by hcf17

If you want your skin to burn like hell and be totally red and scaly afterward, then this is the product for you! It is probably one of the worst, most over-rated cleansers that I have ever used. It smells too strong, like amonia or something foul. Stay away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hcf17

I used to use Cetaphil, but it really doesn't adequately clean your face and leaves blackheads. I have used Purity for a week now and I can tell that my skin is improving. I have used EVERYTHING out there and this has to be my favorite cleanser so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

This product has it's goods and bads. A couple of good things are the smell and it's ability it get off all your make-up, (even mascara). The cons it's fairly expensive for a cleanser and it dried my combination skin out yet somehow left my skin feeling unclean.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by nann1028

I have combination skin, and I found this product to be rather drying all over. It is very liquidy and slightly foams as you wash your face. I don't like the scent--kind of reminds me of something that was supposed to smell nice that had gone bitter. It does, however, remove make-up pretty well, but I wish it was less drying. I received this as a gift, and knowing how much it costs, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by dbitrnklp

I love this cleanser. It keeps my skin clear and bright. It takes off all of my makeup without a toner. It also lasts a long time. I will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this. Dried my skin out and you had to use loads to get rid of make up. It doesn't 'melt make up away' like it claims. Since I've switched from this to Cliniques comforting cleanser my skin looks completly different. I don't have dry patches or flakes anymore which means it must of been doing something wrong.