MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/19/2008 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Without a doubt this is still the best foundation yet. The finish is a great matte flawless look and covers my acne marks , and pores like a dream. i will stop drifting from this one now. i used it before and tried many others in between and i'm sold to this after visiting MAC again. Affordable and works. Does not break me out , acne prone skin, NC15. I remove this with loreal's makeup remover for the face.

on 4/19/2008 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

** updated review**
I read reveiws na MUA and found the Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily skin, and as it was cheap I decided to give it a try. I have now been hooked on the Revlon foundation as it has staying power even for my very oily skin, it's easy to apply, and great full coverage, I stopped using the MAC studio fix and have been using revlon for 2 months, ,my pimples have been reduced by a LOT, therefore I think the MAC was making me break out with cycstic pimples.

After what seems like looking round the world for a foudation with powder for VERY oily skin, this seems to be the best so far. I have tried many many other foundations powder, and never really thought of buying MAC until about a year ago, as MAC seem to be cheaper than other brands. I am now using my 3rd studio fix compact, the thing is with very oily skin I have given up expecting any product to stay on my skin for more than 8 hours and this seems to be the best so far.

Advantgages:

The fact that this is a foundation with powder means that I can just carry one compact around with me during the day and reapply if necessary.

Coverage is medium, which for me is ideal as it hides my flaws but also doesn't make me look like I have a layer of thick one coat paint on.

Value for money is excellent, in addition the service you get from MAC make up artists is the best I've experienced. As I a very picky about the colour to match my natural skin colour, I go to 3 different MAC counters and all have tried different shades on me, good thing is they all gave me the same colour.

Disadvantages:
It is a bit dry when first applied however if you have oily skin then this would be ideal as later on the day it feels better (later on meaning approximately 1.5 hours later).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really disappointed with this product. For a powder, the coverage is fantastic. It looks great on my friends which is why I bought it, but it's, well, icky. It made my skin looks chalky and dry even though it made my skin feel oily to the touch and it felt heavy. It also clogged my pores so I had to wash it off within 4 hours of putting it on because I was starting to break out. And last but not least when I sweat it makes my skin sting. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know why this happened, but it did. I definitely would not recommend this if you have acne prone or dry/combination skin. I'll stick to Simply Powder . *11/2009* I decided to give this powder a try.. again.. Still not happy with it. It still dries me out, breaks me out, and looks chalky. Booo. I want so badly to like this but I just can't. *sigh* $26.00 wasted again.

on 4/18/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I need more coverage than this can provide without getting chalky and cakey. Gotta love the color selection though.

on 4/18/2008 6:28:00 PM

I used to use SF years ago, and over time I noticed it started to dry me out around the nose and also the chin. I tried to use different moisturizers with it and even Fix Plus spray and still it dried me out. However, it does work really well with oily skin, and looks lovely with the fix plus spray. Can look a bit cakey if you put too much on. It goes on so much better with a brush though, instead of the sponge. If I could wear it, I would buy it again.

on 4/18/2008 12:51:00 PM

I love Studio fix! I find you can't use it for heavy coverage though, because then it looks caked on. It looks amazing over other foundations or for light coverage though! The only problem I've found is that halfway through the day my face tends to look greasy, and I don't have greasy/oily skin by any means. Good overall product though! Would definitely by it again!

on 4/17/2008 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's a staple!
I wear it all the time and never have a problem with it. To the person below be that said it looked cakey..are you applying with a powder brush or those sponges? Cause the sponges are rubbish and unhygenic.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Yuck this crappy powder looked caked on. no matter how light handed i applied it. Nice color selection. Not great for combo skin. Mac foundations suck!!!!!

on 4/15/2008 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

*sigh* Ok, I have a love/hate relationship with this Studio Fix. On one hand, I *love* the powder foundation because it's got great coverage, finish, it lasts all day, and it's convenient (just a bit of select cover-up on my eyes, a powder brush and this and my face is done). However, color selection has been just short of a nightmare (last year I was NW43, this year I am NC45/50--very different), and if I wear this too often (like 2-3 days in a row) I get little breakouts on my cheek areas...but if I'm having an "OMG, I have 5 min to get out the door!" day, I'll grab this. Any other day, it's Px Virtual Matte and that whole process.

I want to keep experimenting with this product and see if I can do something to prevent the sporadic breakouts (maybe extra moisturizer to the cheeks, or try a primer first), so if I find a solution, I'll edit my review as needed.

Update 1/18/09: So it took me 2 yrs but I finally found a color that matches--C8. I also don't experience any breakouts since changing my skin care regiment to all one line (Clinique) versus a mix of expensive and drugstore stuff. Will still repurchase.

Update 1/27/09: Please use makeup remover with this foundation! A product that removes makeup (or a makeup wipe) followed by your regular cleanser. I realized that the breakouts are due to this being a long-lasting makeup. So cleanse thoroughly and every night!!

on 4/15/2008 3:48:00 AM

Very good powder, best one I've used so far, but I'm sure there's better... still top of my list though at the moment! It gives a nice matte finish and has awesome coverage.