MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation saved my face! I love it! For someone reason my combination skin got so dry and flaky just on the forehead. My powder foundation that I usually used was just exaggerating the flakes so I needed to get liquid foundation. I should've just went without foundation to let my skin breathe but it was looking kind of red too, and just ooky. I couldn't go out like that, lol. I chose Studio Fix Fluid because I remembered that when I purchased Select SPF a couple of years agi and I found it to be kind of greasy.

I know many people complain about MAC foundation breaking them out but, not only did this not break me out it didn't accelerate the problem that I already had. It's been about four months now and my little issue is all cleared up. No issues whatsover. I love this stuff!

I use the MAC 190 foundation brush to apply it and it gives a flawless even coverage and little goes a long way. Sometimes when I want a lighter coverage I just use my finger to spot apply it and blend like crazy.

The only bad thing is I ended up having to mix two colors together to get my skin tone. I originally got NW47, which I thought ending up looking too red when I went back to exchange none of the other colors worked either so I got NC50 to mix with it. I just put a little on the back on my hand and blend them together. Oh, well it's a small price to pay for great looking skin,

on 5/24/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really surprised by this product. I have used creme foundation for years and thought I would try Liquid foundation again. I used to use Chanel Double perfection (I thinks that is the right name) but of course they discontinued it. Why do they discontinue the good stuff? Back to the subject....this was the first MAC product I ever bought. It goes on so smooth and it lasts all day. The only bad thing is it tends to settle a tad into my pores but not too much.

on 5/21/2008 8:19:00 AM

Last week I was on the hunt for my HG foundation, and I figured I'd try MAC since it had been so long since I used MAC foundation, and lately I've been on a MAC kick. I was matched up to NW20, though it was still a tad too dark, but NW15 was way too light.

I went home, played with the foundation, and was satisfied. I wore it the next day to work, and it did an amazing job of controlling my oil, however it oxidized badly and the orange color on my face looked ridiculous.

I was so disappointed that this foundation oxidized on me, because it was amazing at controlling my oily t-zone, and the foundation stayed put all day. It's a shame that it oxidized, because I was really happy with the foundation itself. Later that evening when I got home, I found that I had broken out badly on the right side of my face. I never break out, and only get an occasional pimple here and there.

Needless to say, the foundation went back that very same night. I would recommend for anyone wanting to try this foundation to get a sample, or have your face done at MAC to see how your skin reacts before actually purchasing. If it wouldn't have broken me out, and wouldn't have oxidized, I would've given this foundation a 5.

on 5/20/2008 4:57:00 AM

I really like the coverage this foundation gives; with that said, his has really bad staying power.. it gets really oily and greasy feeling and kinda blotchy... I do have combination skin and experience a lot of oilyness in my tzone. anyways, i do like the coverage, but over all, it gets really oily and blotchy and feels heavy and greasy throughout the day. Wont repurchase when I run out, Instead id recommend dior "Forever" foundation, as much coverage but much better staying power

on 5/19/2008 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the kind of ultra-oily, acne-battered skin that needs heavy coverage and staying power. I have tried out a few other "ultramatte" foundations but have never quite been satisfied. I think EL Double Wear is the longest lasting, best coverage I've found so far, but after trying it again after going through a bottle of Revlon Colorstay I found it to have this weird effect on my skin that made it look like it had dry flakes all over it. Yikes.

So I tried this foundation because it has SPF 15. After I bought it I realized I had forgotten to check if the sunscreen is full-spectrum. Sadly it is not--UVB only. I am trying to find a foundation with full spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen so I do not have to wear any 'screen underneath. I can use all the help I can get in terms of having a matte base to ameliorate my oil slick.

It's an ok foundation. The coverage is good, not great. I use the NC15 shade and it is STILL significantly darker than my skin. But it adds a lot of warmth to my face so I guess that's good, although I sometimes wonder if it is too yellowy. The foundation has migrated on my face by the end of the day, but it still looks ok. My face is oily as hell at the end of the day too but it seems to do a decent job at slowing down the oil-slick process.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to people with acne-prone skin that is not too oily and not too dry either, because it really accentuates dry patches. It's probably best for those with slightly oily skin that needs coverage. But for my kind of skin it's not too great. I probably won't buy this again. Oh and make sure you buy the foundation pump along with it or else it's just an open bottle that you dump onto the hand.

update: I think this might be breaking me out. Boo!

on 5/18/2008 1:28:00 AM

I usually feel foundations clog my pores but this one doesn't!
The coverage is amazing and it gives the skin that airbrush finish! I also have had it for about 6 months and still have about 3/4 left and that has never happened to me with any other foundation since I do need full coverage for the most part. Its very natural looking as well and i will definetely buy again!

on 5/17/2008 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my HG foundation, i super love this, i've tried alot of foundation but this one really works for. Flawless finish, hides my imperfection and blots away my oilies definitely a keeper! NC25 really matches my skin tone. My high praises for this stuff!!!

on 5/17/2008 1:02:00 AM

i've heard many, many people rave and suggest this product, so I figured it must be something *special*. You always hear celebrity makeup artists touting the stuff, and they keep the celebs looking great, right?

Well, maybe it's just me...but I have had no luck with MAC foundations. This one in particular was matched to me after an unsuccessful match prior, and I thought I was good to go. WRONG. By the afternoon, my makeup looks orange (I have red undertones), and when I first apply it, it makes my face look too pale or washed out.

It is also very thick, and while I like a lot of coverage, the thickness is a bit much. It also leaves me feeling oily as the day progresses.

I have a difficult time blending as well, as it seems to dry in the spot first applied rather quickly.

So far, MAC isn't all that it's cracked up to be for this girl.

on 5/15/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I made the mistake of buying a certain drug store brand when I should've went to MAC. I usually use Chanel but @ this point in time it's pricey. However, I am highly satisfied with the coverage, oil absorbtion, and overall appearance of it.

on 5/14/2008 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This broke me out after 2 weeks of use...

The colour the SA also gave me was toooooooooooo yellow. I have heard both good and bad reivews on here, but I guess this foundation didn't go too well with my skin. The texture of the product seemed nice and light, but once put on, it feels rather heavy. I had to blot my face a lot during the day to lower the sebum production.

I've never been a big fan of MAC, but I hear so many good reiviews on it so I decided to give it a shot, but I won't be repeating this again.