December 17, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice foundation ...good staying power and the great thing about it is you can build from medium coverage to full coverage
if you want it to be light coverage sheer it out with a brush or mix it with your moisturizer so its very versatille
would buy again
Update: I start to like this even better than my EL DW since the color match is better (NW20)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

The smell! I could only give this 2 lippies as I can't deal with the overwhelming smell of this stuff. It's almost medicinal verging on turning bad.

The coverage is nice and wears well but the smell... gah. Another thing I don't understand is why, when I go to MAC, each and every SA suggests a different colour for me. I was sold this in NW20 but the other foundations I've tried in this line are usually NC20 or NC25 and once a plain old N.

I guess it's up to me if I buy it but I'm wimpy at the counter and take the recommendations. In natural light I can see that NW20 is way to dark for me and turned orange. I wish they had MAC's in store's where you can look at yourself in natural light.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸-(Iamsherazade)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸ continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

This foundation is great for those with oily/combination skin because it prevents oil and shine. It provides medium coverage. Makes my skin look goooood. Make sure you buy the foundation pump ($10) because it makes the application process a LOT easier!

EDIT: This does cover really well but it just goes on way too thick. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask. I've since switched to Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation and I love it. Also, MAC's foundation shades are limited IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. Great coverage but not for those you want a sheer makeup look. Update - I really broke out from this makeup, returned and would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sweet_sugarina

i hv this and its compact version both in nc30. all i hv to say is go one shade lighter from ur compact. i wear nc30 in compact version and i find liquid version in nc30 is slightly darker. overall, thumbs up for the quality of m.a.c studio fix fluid. i apply this foundation early in the morning by using 187 brush and set up with laura mercier loose powder (u can use any powder). by the end of the day, the foundation is still there and i don't even touch up my make-up. less is more for this foundation. it tends to get very cakey and maskey when u apply to much of it. this foundation is oil-free and come with spf15. overall, this is a good product with a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Mala011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been reading reviews on this website for months and after trying the MAC Studio Fix Foundation, I felt compelled to write my own review. What a GREAT foundation!!!!!! I am so impressed with this foundation that I am actually excited to get up in the morning and put it on. I have used a wide range of foundations, including Chanel, MUFE, LORAC, BB, LM, TM, Smashbox, Classified Cosmetics, and the Dinair Airbrush System. By far this is the best foundation I have tried. My skin is really sensitive so I have to be careful of which foundation I use. Sometimes my skin is oily and sometimes it is dry. When I walked up to the MAC counter I asked the MUA which foundation she was wearing. Her skin looked great. She told me it was the Studio Fix and when she put it on me I was in love! The coverage is phenomenal, it feels light (not cakey), does not break me out, and literally lasts all day long. I worked out last night and when I came home the foundation was still in place!!!! The only downside is that there is no pump. MAC actually sells the pump separately for $4. I bought it and it is much more hygenic now:). Overall, wonderful foundation and would by absolutely purchase again! Edit: I am so sad. This made my skin sooo dry. I was hoping that this was not the cause, but after I ruled everything else out it turned out that the SF was just too drying. I will wear it on special occasions because the finish is truly great.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ktie

All i can say is eew eeew eeeew!!! this made me look like i was wearing a clay mask, it emphasized every bump on my face and not to mention the color i tried was orange on me! i washed it off immediately...and to add-i've never come across a foundation so hard to remove! EW!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG please don't listen to sales advisors, if you're a make-up freak like me (which you probably are if you're on here) then trust your instincts! I was advised not to get this because of my skin type (relatively normal- some dry areas) but it works wonderfully!! my skin looks completely flawless even when I have the odd blemish I don't need extra concealer! and it's not to heavy, you can apply it a thick or thin as you like, it's very verstitile!! at the moment one squirt does the trick! so it'll last forever!!!

Draw backs: the packaging is not the best- you have to purchase pump (but definately so-as you need to use very little) and it's glass, so not the best handbag material!!
also- colours- I don't think this is a problem for most as mac does quite a range of shades but I always have problems finding the right colour as I'm mixed. aty the moment I use NC42 but usually I'm an NC37 they also come up a little different to their other brands so try a sample first if poss.

also- some may not know- but your skin type can make a difference to the colour- if you have more acidic skin it can turn the product more yellow-orange ten mins after application- so watch out!

but over all this is my HG foundation- so flaw-less with unlimited coverage!
AMAZING!!!
Edit:
Mannnnn, had to take off a lippie- the colour selection for my paler winter skin is just not right!!! sooo frecking pissed!!! this is seriously the s**t if you can get your colour!! back to the drawing board!
Edit:
I just couldn't try another foundation, I've tried soo many since my last edit and nothing compares!!!!!!.......... I loove this one, its too good and although it breaks quite a few ppl out- it actually makes my skin better!!!!
about the colour...... although its looong I mix- NC42 and NC30- two 30's to one 42 at the mo but it changes every so often!!! it is worth it though!!!!!! ps.you can even use it for under the eyes (what foundation can you do that with??????) content again!!!! ahhhhhhhhh x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sirensrising

I am utterly in love with this foundation. I wear NC15, much to the complete shock of the SA (I guessed NC15 but she tried NW20, NC25 and NC20 before realising that I was a secret NC15 - I don't look it) and it provides flawless coverage, wonderfully matched to my skintone. At first I worried it was too yellow but it's not, it's really great. The coverage really makes my skin look great - it evens out skintone a dream and lasts all day. It's fairly matte (and thus slightly heavy) so those of you looking for a light, sheer foundation probably won't be fans, but I just love what this does for me, it makes me feel perfect and I think it's fine for everyday use.

I'm not sure what it's like on dry skin, my skin is fairly normal and I have to moisturise beforehand to make sure there are no dry patches on my nose or forehead. I do recommend you exfoliate and moisturise regularly with this foundation, because since it's so matte it will show up dry patches. I don't know how it fits for oily skin, but I don't need to wear powder with it and I don't get a shiny nose.

You can buy a pump from the MAC counter and I highly recommend it. Other than that, I just pump some into the palm of my hand and apply with my fingers. It looks great! One or two pumps should cover your whole face. The glass bottle is a bit annoying because it means it's not very portable but it does look sleek and classy on my desk!

I've been using it with skincare from Lush recently (lately it's been Ocean Salt face scrub, Brazened Honey face mask and Ultralight moisturiser, occasionally with Ultrabland as a make-up remover/cleanser) and I've never felt so pretty. For make-up, you'll glow with a bit of highlighter (on cheekbones, browbone and cupid's bow - I love Benefit's High Beam) and a wash of blusher.

HG foundation, I love it so much. Worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got this foundation a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it. It pretty much stays on for the whole day. That's a HUGE plus for me because many of my foundations are gone by the time I get home.

It hasn't caused any breakouts yet, and hopefully that won't happen because it truly is one of the BEST foundations I've tried so far.

The color selection is great. I use NW15, which matches my skin pretty much flawlessly. I dust Blot Powder (medium) over this after I apply it with a foundation brush and I'm set for the day.

The coverage is great, the color is great and the staying power is great. If I experience any problems with it, (fingers crossed that I won't!) I'll be sure to edit the review.

Edit: I have two complaints. The packaging is really bad! The foundation starts to leak after I shake it because so much of the product starts to collect in the cap! My second complaint is that it's causing little pimples on my upper lip and cheeks. They're really tiny, but a pimple is a pimple. I think that I'll be looking for a new foundation after I'm done with this one.