MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Thiss is my best liquid foundation that I have tried and it blends in really well with my skin. The match is perfect, NC 30. I would prefer if it came with a pump, just for sanitary reason, but i love the coverage and it feels light. staying power is okay, i notice that it wore off maybe after 5 hours, but i was being very active, so i might have sweated it off a bit.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This worked as a really good foundation for the rest of my look. Studio Fix Fluid offers good coverage that helps cover up my redness and blemishes.

Ok,this foundation.....I had mixed feelings about it for the few first days,but after using it for 3 days I decided it's definitely not for me.My color was NC15, I pretty fair-skinned and it matched my neck perfectly,it looked natural.So that aspect was ok.
I'm a beautician myself and I normally know after one day if something suits me or not.I really wanted to like this foundation so I ignored the signs til 3 days later I was covered in small blackheads and tiny red spots.Also I had a horn growing on my nose!I have long working days about 10-11 hours and you might say that it's not good to wear any make up that long, but I've used others before that don't cause me breakouts even when I wear it for such a long day.
Anyway, on the 3rd evening I removed my makeup and was horrified, I then turned to my best friend Aspirin mask which always calms my skin when I get spots for some reason and it calmed down my skin very well.Now that I haven't used Studio Fix foundation for a few days,my skin is clear again.
Also while wearing it,though it gave great coverage, I thought it accentuated my pores, it made my skin look very dry and by the end of the day it was gathering in my fine lines(I don't have many of them being just 22, but I kind of looked old).Also when I had a really busy day running around,hot,sweating,it somehow managed to gather around my pores,so that the pores were really visible and that looked awful.I haven't had this with any other foundation.
I guess it would be a good foundation for special occasions,because the coverage is GOOD.You have to be very thorough while removing the makeup later though.I can't imagine what would happen if you slept in it!But then again, even after wearing it one day I got 2 new pimples the next morning....Go figure.However good the coverage is,if it breaks me out,I'm not even considering using it again.

So I tried again to get my skin matched to the right shade, and this time the Mac associate actually got it right. And I'm so glad I gave it another try because this foundation is awesome. Applied with the 187, it's like i have no makeup on, just gorgeous skin. It sounds dramatic, but I feel sooo pretty with this foundation on, seriously. It evens out my skintone, it somehow makes my skin feel smooth, it's just awesome.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily acne prone skin-yuck. This foundation if just put on without any extras get kinda oily on my skin. I do though think that it is the best foundation I have ever used. I have to use of milf of magnesia though first before I put on the foundation and then my skin stays pretty oil free for the rest of the day. Plus be sure to buy the pump because the foundation actaully will last a really long time. The price might seem like a lot but it lasts way longer then drug store brands and is better quality!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i really like this product!!! i have been using mineralize satin finish...but i think i like much more this one..because you can create that dewy look just adding strobe cream or something like that ..like the stila one.. and is just the perfect coverage bc its buildable .. i have normal to dry skin.. and i live in texas..so its dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very dry here.. but i use moisture lush cream or cliniques online moisturizer..and let set and dry for like 10-15 mins.. and then apply SSF..OMG i love it.. im NC25...

I love MAC foundations (they were the first non-drugstore makeup I ever wore and my first love) and when I found out that there was a liquid version of Studio Fix I had to try it. I had mixed feelings about the powder version (see my review of it for more info), but liked it enough to keep wearing it. I was hoping that the fluid version might solve the problems I was having with the powder and I was right.

Studio Fix Fluid is a thick liquid foundation and gives medium, buildable coverage (I think it could give lighter coverage with a lighter hand and a damp foundation brush or sponge). I tried applying it with my MAC 190 foundation brush and with clean fingers and liked the look of both.

It took very little blending to get Studio Fix Fluid to look natural on my skin (I got this in NW20 since my old NW15 foundations have been too light on me lately and the match is excellent), even when I leaned in close to the mirror and looked at the finish (unlike the powder version, where it was obvious I was wearing makeup). The coverage was heavier than my MAC Select Tint but didn't look "heavy" or thick on my skin and it still let my skin's natural texture show through somewhat; enough to make it look natural and nowhere near enough to make me look like I was wearing a mask.

I do have to say that this may not be the best choice of foundations if you have oily skin, but for me (my skin is combination/sensitive, but I don't have that much of a problem with oiliness), it works well.

I'd prefer if this came with a pump (although I hear it's possible to buy one for it; I feel like MAC should include one in the package for those who prefer it rather than having to buy it separately and pay extra) so that I didn't have to either dip my fingers into the lid or pour a small amount out onto the back of my hand (which makes me nervous that too much is going to come out or I'm going to make a mess.) The glass bottle also bothers me a little. It feels nice and looks upscale, but it means I have to be extra careful not to drop it or chip it.

i got the pump for this foundation and it wasn't so great. it was hard to control how much to pump. depending on my skin on certain days, it would look good otherwise it would look very patchy. the staying power isn't so great either. i have somewhat oily skin but i thought mac claims that it has good staying power.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Bought this because i heard a lot of good things about it, but i am not impressed at all. i used prep and prime and mixed it in with my foundation, it gives good coverage but it just looked way to heavy. It also broke me out, i've stopped using it for about 2 weeks now and my face is pretty much clear now. i would not recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been using Studio Fix Powder + for five years. I'm finally sick of the ghostly look in pictures so I got a sample of the fluid formula at the MAC counter. I tried it all day today with blot powder over it and am amazed at how well my face stayed put together. A stellar product that I will purchase when the sample runs out. I got it in NW45 and it matches my skin to the letter. There are not any lines of demarcation or anything. I used a foundation brush instead of my Sephora stippling brush because I am traveling at the moment and don't have all that on me. This just might trump MUFE's HD as my new favorite liquid foundation because of the mattifying factor. Being an oily girl, that is a feat. Other than that, MUFE has a pump, and no SPF. Hmmm...
***UPDATE 10/04/08***
I love this! I look so flawless with this on and it is the perfect color. Nobody can tell I have makeup on. This is excellent. I apply it with my Sephora foundation brush.
***UPDATE 09/21/10***
I am still in love with this foundation. It looks soooo beautiful in pictures. I positively glow. Now that I have Palladio Rice papers I keep it looking fresh all through the day. I don't even need to wear concealer with this. I've been trying Estee Lauder Double Wear and while that looks great all day and prevents oil break through, I prefer the look of SFF in pictures. And I have never found a better color match.
UPDATE 08/16/15
This is the best foundation of all time. Total HG.