MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Packaging sucks! but the foundation is the best liquid foundation out in the market, i will keep buying it until something even better comes out. preferably one without the weird scent.

covers well (like a concealer)
blends well even without a brush, altho faster with one
packaging is ridiculos(in a bad way)
price is ok, since one bottle will last for quite some time.

on 5/7/2008 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the great thing about this product is, is it's coverage. the best coverage i have gotten from a foundation yet. i purchased a pump (which saves you tons of excess foundation) and i squirt 3 little dots on my 168 brush [168.. weird i know, but it's the BEST] and stipple it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and and chin then spead it out. i get GREAT coverage by using the smallest amount. the only downfall is.. i do occasionally break out on my chin, but liquid foundation's never good for your skin right?

on 5/7/2008 1:38:00 PM

So many things to say... I first started using MAC about 3 years ago and discovered I wasn't pleased,so for the past 3 years I have been circling counters trying numerous foundations and just was not happy...I finally decided to go back to MAC, and I have been reacking up their products. This foundation is by far the best I have discovered, after trying Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, NARs, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Yves St. Laurent, Make up Forever--i've tried everything! Studiofix covers up my dark spots and evens out my skin tone without making my face cakey/dry and looking like I had a load of makeup on!! It keeps the look of real skin, because I can't stand it when foundation is overly matte and looks dry and cakey on me...This is definately a keeper and I am very pleased...also after 2 weeks no breakouts! I tend to breakout easily, and this has controlled my breakouts more than any other foundation as well..even though a lot of people claim MAC can cause breakouts, but everyone's skin is different. I'd ask for a sample before buying, that's what I did and it turned out great!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this but im not convinced as of yet..
The girl in the store applied it really well, making my skin look flawless but when i tryed it on myself at home i found that it did'ent spread that well.

Im not giving up on it yet, im going to buy a MAC foundation brush and see how it goes because that's what she applied it with.

on 5/1/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This was recommended to me by a MAC MA when I had a severe breakout all over my face, because the coverage was thicker, and because it didn't have much oil in it. On my face it looked mask-like, and the colour was too yellow and not very natural. I also found that it emphasised spots because as it wasn't moisturising, it made the skin around them dry, so you'd end up with a very obvious flaky ring around every spot. I can make this slightly more wearable by mixing it with moisturiser, but in all honesty it's not really worth it.

on 4/30/2008 12:07:00 PM

I love this foundation! It's comparable to any high end ones. I have oily, acne prone skin and am very happy with the results of this foundation. It gives a matte, silky finish and pretty long lasting, plus it doesn't break me out. My issue is the color range is towards the dark skinned gals. Mac is famous of huge color range in their products but in terms of the foundations the choices for fair skin are limited, especially for this product. It goes darker than the same shade in other formulas. I was matched with NC20, it suits me great but I image those truly white gals with yellow undertones would not find a match since the lightest shade is NC15. I have to buy the separate pump because I hate to make mass on liquid foundations. It's $5 plus tax and is something should be included in the original package.

on 4/29/2008 10:29:00 PM

This is one of those foundations where you look at someone wearing it and think 'What is she hiding under there'

Its thick, goopey, and drying. GROSS!!

Head on a stick- that's a good explanation of the color, texture, and overall look of this foundation

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the worst products I've ever bought. I have oily skin and this foundation made it about 10 times worse. It was way too heavy. Also when the girl at the store was applying it on me it looked good, but when I wore it the next day it looked so yellow and not like my skin tone at all. My face was way darker than my neck and I felt embarrassed. Usually MAC makes wonderful products but not this one.

on 4/29/2008 5:33:00 AM

I've been using this foundation for the past 2.5yrs and i love it. I'm in the process of getting a 187 brush but atm I'm using a el-cheapo powder brush and it does a pretty good job too. The thing is thought as great as it is that the foundation stays on for ageeeeeees it gets annoying when you wash it off, dunno if anyone else has experienced the same problem but i have to get a face washer and kinda gently scrub my face because it's hard to get it off on some places of my face. Otherwise great product but I'm thinking of getting the pump with it it's easier.

on 4/29/2008 3:19:00 AM

At first I didn't like this foundation! I thought it was too heavy and made my skin look dull.

But I was determined to like it and after changing the way I was applying it I got it to work for me.
I apply my primer and dot the foundation on my forehead, cheeks and chin (a little bit goes a long way to even out skin tone) and with a foundation brush and I blend, blend, blend.
Coverage: I think it offers great coverage because it can look natural, but can be built up if you need more coverage or when I go out. I am NC15 and this is an awesome colour match. I do blend some bronzer into my neck which the MUA reccomended.
Lasting power: My t-zone can get oily during the day but I find blotting fixes that without making me look cakey which powder sometimes can if I re-apply a few times during the day. It lasts all day.
Packaging: It would be great if this was a pump bottle! But the packaging offers no real dramas. I just spill a little bit onto the back of my hand.

I would buy this foundation again, mainly because it's a good colour match for my pale skin!