November 24, 2014 | 2009 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by telly2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Honey version of this balm (in the stick form) for about 6 months. This is the first Burt's lip balm I've tried, and I am loving it ! I do not detect any peppermint at all in the Honey variety, so no stinging, just a great softening and mild honey scent. I did notice some grainyness (sp?) the first few times I used it, but that seems to have disappeared now. I use this every day and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Either in a tin or a tube this is the best lip balm for irritated chapped lips. It heals and soothes. Even though the peppermint burns a bit it feels great after a few minutes and what's more it is effective. I also love the homeopathic properties of the real peppermint oil used in the balm. Peppermint oil is a natural antiseptic and immune booster. So everytime you use this you give your immune system a little boost. Which is great in the flu months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by aquamarine11

I don't like this product. It stings my lips when I put it on, and then it dries them out quite a bit, which is ridiculous in a lip balm. Peppermint oil is very irritating to the skin, especially the sensitive skin on the lips. Too bad, because I like the idea of a natural beeswax lip balm. Since I have stopped using this, my lips are not as dry and are no longer chapped. Would never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and always have..

I don't understand all the bad reviews but to each their own. It is expensive for a lipbalm.. even a natural/organic balm. But I find it works amazingly in the winter for chapped lips, so it's worth it. We now carry this at my work so I get it at cost.. that's certainly a bonus.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by skitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't get what's so special about this aside from the minty tingle.
it felt like any other lip balm at first, but later it starts to dry the lips out. i hate how i could actually taste it when i breathe in. yuck.

i prefer blistex.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

This was just okay. I find that all of Burt's Bees lip balms are really hard to apply, though. They aren't soft enough to go on nice and smooth, so you kind of have to smoosh them to get them "gooey" I had to put a ton on to even feel it. It smelt okay. That was about it. =\

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sugar113

This product is okay. The taste is a little off for me, not my favorite of course. But I like the sting and it seems to work great. I love more natural products so I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by alisonlm7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've loved this for years now! Since high school, maybe even before then, I've had between 3-5 tubes at a time, and I actually use 'em up. The mint effect hasn't gotten old for me yet, and the moisture lasts pretty long on my lips. And since I always have a tube within my reach, it's obviously kind of addicting! I'm addicted to lip balms in general, and I would have to say that this is not the most hardcore balm for the middle of a New York winter. But for what it is, I think it's really fun. EDIT: after using some different balms and then going back to this one, it feels a bit too waxy. I still like it, but I can't put on too much. It sits very heavily on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by maxinerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a ton of these around. I keep one everywhere. I love the little tin. It just makes me happy to see the little bee. :)

It's moisturizing and soothing. I love it! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetdevilgirl

This smells nice and one of my friends LOVES this so I gave it a try. It feels nice and refreshing, but it really does dry your lips out. I prefer something a little "gooier" and moisturising!