October 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hcf17

I used to use Cetaphil, but it really doesn't adequately clean your face and leaves blackheads. I have used Purity for a week now and I can tell that my skin is improving. I have used EVERYTHING out there and this has to be my favorite cleanser so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

This product has it's goods and bads. A couple of good things are the smell and it's ability it get off all your make-up, (even mascara). The cons it's fairly expensive for a cleanser and it dried my combination skin out yet somehow left my skin feeling unclean.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by nann1028

I have combination skin, and I found this product to be rather drying all over. It is very liquidy and slightly foams as you wash your face. I don't like the scent--kind of reminds me of something that was supposed to smell nice that had gone bitter. It does, however, remove make-up pretty well, but I wish it was less drying. I received this as a gift, and knowing how much it costs, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by dbitrnklp

I love this cleanser. It keeps my skin clear and bright. It takes off all of my makeup without a toner. It also lasts a long time. I will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this. Dried my skin out and you had to use loads to get rid of make up. It doesn't 'melt make up away' like it claims. Since I've switched from this to Cliniques comforting cleanser my skin looks completly different. I don't have dry patches or flakes anymore which means it must of been doing something wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by orea_eleni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Philosophy Jump starters kit because it seemed there were a lot of reviews from ladies with sensitive, combo, breakout prone skin who had good results, and now I am one of them. I use this with Hope in a jar (normal) and Hope and a prayer every day and my skin looks great. I like that this doesn't lather (I always think of drying SLS when I see lather on my face), pleasant smell, and how this really gets all my makeup off without making my skin feel tight. Great cleanser, definite repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I have sensitive/combination skin, and I found this cleanser to be very stripping and irritating. To compensate for mositure loss, my skin started to produce massive amounts of oil. It seemed to irritate my acne also. I found the scent just plain unpleasant and very strong. I think this is an extremely harsh product that will damage skin in the long run. I would never buy this again. In fact, I wouldn't even take this if it were given to me for free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by custardapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good cleanser. Gentle and leaves skin feeling comfortable afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is seriously the right balance for my face. strong enough to clean it well, yet gentle enough to use as eye make up remover/cleanser.

it also doesnt dry out my combonation skin.

i hate to pay $2 an ounce, but i do because it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2004 6:34:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sensitive-Combination/Dry>> I was a devoted user of Olay's Sensitive-Skin cleanser for years until I was lucky enough to get a sample of this cleanser in a swap. What impressed me with this cleanser is it's ability to remove ALL makeup without leaving a residue or makeing your skin feel tight. Not to mention, it cleans so well, I don't have to use a toner anymore. I have to admit that the cleanser does not have the best smell or taste (somewhat chemical in smell) but it gets the job done perfectly for me. When first applied, you may think it's not cleaning because it doesn't foam/lather. However, once you rinse; the makeup is gone! Because it cleans so well, I am willing to forgive the scent and use it exclusively. It might be a bit pricey but I am saving money by not buying toner to remove last traces of makeup. No breakouts, no greasies, no fuss! I will continue to repurchase!