Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 4/14/2005 9:54:00 PM

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it. I have combination skin, which is now dry due to climate changes and medications. This cleanser does clean very well, and remove all makeup. The only thing I didn't like was it was too drying for my skin. I believe someone with normal, combination, or, oily would really like this.

on 4/13/2005 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unbelievable! I am 47, and I generally like a foamy or lathery cleanser and I don't like to use a separate makeup remover, mostly b/c I wear contact lenses. This smells great, feels fantastic, and removes everything. I bought the kit for aging skin, and I've been using it for about two weeks. I also am using The Present clear foundation by Philosophy. Also a miracle! I now use no foundation and just use T.LeClerc powder over the clear foundation. My skin is radiant and for the first time in my life, I look forward to the skin routine each evening! THANKS TO PHILOSOPHY!!!

on 4/10/2005 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'd love this product more if it wasn't scented. The scent is horrible, in my opinion; very medicinal and sort of ... woody? I think its the oils they use in the product.

This cleanser does, however, do a fantastic job. I prefer non-foaming cleansers, and this one leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin, even with the oils and fragrance, and a little goes a long way. A keeper.

on 4/10/2005 3:30:00 PM

I bought a 3.5oz bottle when sephora had a sale- just to see if I'd like it. I am still using that bottle 5 months later. I use it every night. A nickel size drop will cleanse my whole face. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight or greasy. It has never broken me out. I will keep buying this.

on 4/10/2005 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I got it in the "Radiant Skin in a Box" set, which is worth the price for the total package. But, I'm not sure I'd spend $20 to buy a bottle of Purity on its own.

I do like how it cleanses - gets all of the makeup and dirt off without stripping the skin. And it hasn't caused any weird rashes or bumps (an issue for me). I have combo/oily skin and it doesn't make me greasy at all. If you're expecting a foamy, super squeaky clean feel, you will be dissappointed. But, that's not what I want anyway.

Overall, I like it and I might repurchase it as part of a set. A little goes a long way so I won't have to do that for a while.
I've upped my rating from 3 to 4 because my skin seems to really like this cleanser. I'm not crazy about spending $20 on a bottle but if it works... continued >>

on 4/3/2005 8:47:00 PM

I have been using this product about a week. It does a good job at removing make-up, but the consitency is so thin. I think I am use to my cleanser being creamier. I have dry skin and usually must get something formulated for dry skin, but this leaves my face and skin feeling really good and clean afterwards. I would not purchase again because I really don't like the scent. I had read some things here about how some hated it and some loved it. The reviews left me thinking it must be some kind of weird scent and i think it is, either a love/hate thing. I would prefer a cleanser that was either creamy or lathered some. This does neither, I do not really care for it. UPDATE: After using this about a year now, I keep going back to it and decided I really like it.

on 4/2/2005 11:14:00 AM

I was so excited to try this cleanser. When I recived it I thought it was an ordinary cleanser. It did take of my makeup well but I find that there's a lot of other cleansers that do just that at a fraction of the price. I think I will stick to my Principle Secret 4 and 1 cleanser.

on 3/30/2005 5:15:00 PM

I did not like this product at all. It was very thick and did not give me that squeaky clean feel on my face.

on 3/29/2005 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I have tried. I was thinking of trying their acne wash, as I have oily/slightly acneic skin and went with purity made simple instead. Doesn't break me out and cleans my face well. Highly recommended.

on 3/28/2005 6:33:00 PM

I did not like this product because it did not remove makeup as well as other cleansers I've tried. Plus the added fragrance irritated my eyes.

Kind of a scented version of Cetaphil. Blah.