August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by orea_eleni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Philosophy Jump starters kit because it seemed there were a lot of reviews from ladies with sensitive, combo, breakout prone skin who had good results, and now I am one of them. I use this with Hope in a jar (normal) and Hope and a prayer every day and my skin looks great. I like that this doesn't lather (I always think of drying SLS when I see lather on my face), pleasant smell, and how this really gets all my makeup off without making my skin feel tight. Great cleanser, definite repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I have sensitive/combination skin, and I found this cleanser to be very stripping and irritating. To compensate for mositure loss, my skin started to produce massive amounts of oil. It seemed to irritate my acne also. I found the scent just plain unpleasant and very strong. I think this is an extremely harsh product that will damage skin in the long run. I would never buy this again. In fact, I wouldn't even take this if it were given to me for free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by custardapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good cleanser. Gentle and leaves skin feeling comfortable afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is seriously the right balance for my face. strong enough to clean it well, yet gentle enough to use as eye make up remover/cleanser.

it also doesnt dry out my combonation skin.

i hate to pay $2 an ounce, but i do because it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2004 6:34:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sensitive-Combination/Dry>> I was a devoted user of Olay's Sensitive-Skin cleanser for years until I was lucky enough to get a sample of this cleanser in a swap. What impressed me with this cleanser is it's ability to remove ALL makeup without leaving a residue or makeing your skin feel tight. Not to mention, it cleans so well, I don't have to use a toner anymore. I have to admit that the cleanser does not have the best smell or taste (somewhat chemical in smell) but it gets the job done perfectly for me. When first applied, you may think it's not cleaning because it doesn't foam/lather. However, once you rinse; the makeup is gone! Because it cleans so well, I am willing to forgive the scent and use it exclusively. It might be a bit pricey but I am saving money by not buying toner to remove last traces of makeup. No breakouts, no greasies, no fuss! I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2004 8:10:00 PM More reviews by shelby1123

I love this cleanser because it does its job. I've oily/combination skin and I don't feel it's too drying or too oily, and best of all, my face feels clean after using just a tiny drop. Although forking out money to buy it is painful but it's well-worth. Think of the money you save on toner and make up remover. This cleanser does it all!! The only complaint I have is that the bottles do not come with a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to wash my face and take off my m/u at night. It works well; just a little bit removes all traces of my makeup. It's gentle, which is important for those who have sensitive skin like me, although it did sting a little when I accidently got some in my eye. (I wear contacts.) I haven't experienced any breakouts since using this. My only problem with it is that my skin feels a little dry after using this. I have dry/sensitive skin for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is a very good cleanser. The reason it gets a four instead of a five is that I notice my skin looks better if I only use this at night to remove my makeup. If I use it in the morning on bare skin it dries my skin out a bit. But using this at night with a seperate eye makeup remover and then using my Olay sensitive skin foaming wash has made my skin look really beautiful. I have combo/sensitive skin and this does a great job of removing all traces of makeup without stinging or irritating my skin. Good quality cleanser and the price really isn't that expensive :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2004 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lovelyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using the deluxe sample of this from sephora for about a month now. I am pleasantly surprised by this. I have combination skin prone for break outs. It is very gentle, does not dry my skin and cleans my face. Most important, it does not irritate my skin at all. I am planning to buy the full size after I run out of the sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 2:00:00 AM More reviews by shayfrom78

MY FAVE cleanser ! I have SUPER sensitive eyes & this has NEVER bothered them . Price is slightly pricey but well worth it !