Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 5/25/2005 2:50:00 PM

You know what this product is like - its like eye makeup remover for your whole face. Its weird, because it definitely dissolved makeup off your face well, but it leaves like a very very light flim behind. Its not bad, but if you have oily skin, I could see this being problematic. I have normal skin- so I am on the fence. definitely got the makeup off, but my face still felt like it needed to be washed- UPDATE: you know what, I stuck it out with this cleanser, and now I love it! My face has never felt so soft. I just had to get used to not having my face having that 'super scrubbed dry' feeling. I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/24/2005 3:25:00 PM

I first was introduced to the Philosophy brand on QVC and you know, on television you get to see all the before and afters, and everyone that called in raved about it and I felt maybe it was going to be just what i needed but it wasn't. I was very let down, it did "Sort of" clean my face but to be honest with you it left my skin feeling...almost a bit rough and EXTREMELY dry. not to mention, the smell is so offensive, i haven't had a product that smelled so bad since cetaphil. so gross. it really bothered me. will not buy again.

on 5/18/2005 9:44:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Real Purity. I tried Cetaphil because many on the board said it was just like Real Purity. That was not the case for me. Cetaphil made my face feel dry and tight. Real Purity leaves my skin feeling soft. I never have to use make-up remover because Real Purity takes off all the make-up including stubborn mascara. I will never stray from Real Purity again.

on 5/17/2005 4:13:00 PM

This is now my HG cleanser. After trying so many and being so disappointed, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with this one too. But it never did and after a month of consistent use, I am finally ready to declare to the world that I love this cleanser! I have sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin and I wear foundation every single day. This cleanser washes off my make-up cleanly, doesn't leave my face feeling at all tight or dry, and has cleared up my skin too. Yes, it does have a slightly "incense" like scent - that's the sandalwood oil. Honestly, Philosophy should make that their next scent because I really love it. And for once, it doesn't sting my skin at all. This is a wonderful cleanser and I plan on using it for a long, long time.

on 5/17/2005 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I mistakenly bought this cleanser thinking it was Real Purity, which I had used and liked some time back. This is slightly runnier than Real Purity and has a slightly herbal-infused scent. This might sound very foward but the directions on the bottle are wrong, it says to apply to your face with a little water and work into the skin, when I did this I did not like the cleanser at all -I felt as if it only removed the surface makeup/ dirt and didn't bother to reach for the deeper grime, which causes breakouts. A few nights ago, I saw an infomerical for Philosophy, which they offer a kit that includes this cleaner, the maker of Philosophy then demonstrated on the back of her hand the proper use of the cleanser: dry hand (or in our case: face) work the cleanser into the skin tissues to loosen dirt and impurtities and tissue off then rinse clean to remove any last traces of cleanser. I tried this method with much better results, but when I did my cold cream test, (remove with cleanser/ dry face/ apply a small amount of cold cream to cheek and tissue off to see if any trace makeup is left) there was some traces of makeup left. I think this cleanser is best for those who apply very little or no makeup.

on 5/16/2005 1:39:00 PM

This was very drying for me. It worked for the first couple of weeks, but my skin dried out and broke out not long after. I have combination skin, and nothing has ever dried me out like this. Would not recommend.

on 5/4/2005 8:02:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!I am a 54 year old beauty product junkie who has spent a mere fortune & many hours researching trying to find the best cleanser & skincare products on the market!!!! FINALLY SUCCESS!!!This is the

on 4/28/2005 10:48:00 AM

I adore this non-drying cleanser, I have sensitive skin and this is so gentle! It takes off makeup wonderfully, even waterproof mascara (I let it sit my lashes for about 15 seconds to break down the mascara). After washing my face it feels so clean and soft without that tight feeling that other cleansers can leave.

on 4/25/2005 11:26:00 AM

Not great for me. I was so drawn in by Christina's presentation on QVC that I decided to try this and some of their other products. I am normal-slightly oily with 54 year old skin. After abandoning MD Forte (which worked pretty well) I am regretful. This cleanser stripped my skin and I started producing more oil. With that came breakouts, loss of clarity and general overall problems. Not to diminish their products but was not a good choice for me.

on 4/18/2005 3:02:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser...I used it regularly in the past, then tried a few other things and have now gone back to it. I consider myself to have sensitive skin and I have no problems using this - my skin is soft and smooth when I use this. I don't notice any strong scent as some other reviewers have.