Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 4/10/2005 3:30:00 PM

I bought a 3.5oz bottle when sephora had a sale- just to see if I'd like it. I am still using that bottle 5 months later. I use it every night. A nickel size drop will cleanse my whole face. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight or greasy. It has never broken me out. I will keep buying this.

on 4/10/2005 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I got it in the "Radiant Skin in a Box" set, which is worth the price for the total package. But, I'm not sure I'd spend $20 to buy a bottle of Purity on its own.

I do like how it cleanses - gets all of the makeup and dirt off without stripping the skin. And it hasn't caused any weird rashes or bumps (an issue for me). I have combo/oily skin and it doesn't make me greasy at all. If you're expecting a foamy, super squeaky clean feel, you will be dissappointed. But, that's not what I want anyway.

Overall, I like it and I might repurchase it as part of a set. A little goes a long way so I won't have to do that for a while.
I've upped my rating from 3 to 4 because my skin seems to really like this cleanser. I'm not crazy about spending $20 on a bottle but if it works... continued >>

on 4/3/2005 8:47:00 PM

I have been using this product about a week. It does a good job at removing make-up, but the consitency is so thin. I think I am use to my cleanser being creamier. I have dry skin and usually must get something formulated for dry skin, but this leaves my face and skin feeling really good and clean afterwards. I would not purchase again because I really don't like the scent. I had read some things here about how some hated it and some loved it. The reviews left me thinking it must be some kind of weird scent and i think it is, either a love/hate thing. I would prefer a cleanser that was either creamy or lathered some. This does neither, I do not really care for it. UPDATE: After using this about a year now, I keep going back to it and decided I really like it.

on 4/2/2005 11:14:00 AM

I was so excited to try this cleanser. When I recived it I thought it was an ordinary cleanser. It did take of my makeup well but I find that there's a lot of other cleansers that do just that at a fraction of the price. I think I will stick to my Principle Secret 4 and 1 cleanser.

on 3/30/2005 5:15:00 PM

I did not like this product at all. It was very thick and did not give me that squeaky clean feel on my face.

on 3/29/2005 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I have tried. I was thinking of trying their acne wash, as I have oily/slightly acneic skin and went with purity made simple instead. Doesn't break me out and cleans my face well. Highly recommended.

on 3/28/2005 6:33:00 PM

I did not like this product because it did not remove makeup as well as other cleansers I've tried. Plus the added fragrance irritated my eyes.

Kind of a scented version of Cetaphil. Blah.

on 3/23/2005 9:25:00 PM

I wasn't so crazy about this cleanser. I used it for awhile and finished the 8oz bottle that came with the set I bought. It leaves a tight feel to my face right after rinsing, then a few hours later my skin gets too oily (with the use of Hope in a Jar moisturizer). I get break outs too about twice a month. My skin is combo to begin with but I know that there are products out there that will not leave a tight/dry feel to my face after cleansing. I will not repurchase and I am done with Philosophy products since I find all of them overpriced but not doing what it's supposed to do.

on 3/23/2005 11:13:00 AM

I think I might be getting hooked! I got a 2-oz. bottle in my Birthday Girl kit and decided to use it while traveling for a week. While it doesn't lather, it does an excellent job of removing makeup and leaving my skin clean and smooth but not dry. Plus the scent is lovely, a mix of lemon and lavender. Will repurchase once my mini runs out!
$20 for 8 oz. at Sephora. continued >>

on 3/17/2005 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is expensive but I still buy it. I use it soley to remove my make up because it takes everything off and doesnt sting or dry my eye area. I then wash my face with my regular cleanser. I do think it is expensive but it never leaves ANY makeup on me when I use it and for that it is worth its price.