July 25, 2014 | 957 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Sylvia66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found my perfect color match -
Shell. A few hrs after application,
I was very, oily. Good coverage.

Update: Definitely would *not* buy
this again. It won't last through
the day, if your skin is very (very) oily. Five hrs after application, it was 50% gone. The sales lady tried to sell me a
"special" cleanser. According to her, it was the only way I was going to get the makeup off. LOL
I used my reg face wash... What was left, came off so easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my HG foundation. Perfect color match (bone) and really stayed on my oily skin well- even after 12 hrs or more. Great full coverage-nice smooth application. Then I reached an age(37)and it started to settle into every line by the end of the day-it made look absolutely weary. I would have just
continued to buy this stuff forever thinking this is the best I can do until I found MUA and now I have a new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jacq16

I am often seduced by the latest and greatest foundations on the market, but I always come back to Double Wear. I have been using it for about 8 or 9 years now. It just gives really really good coverage. You can get lighter coverage by using it in spots and then blending. People often comment on my 'lovely skin' when I'm wearing it, but I'm sure it's the foundation. I like "Fresco".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

I really love this foundation. Stays on very well and covers very well. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awsome coverage, but not enough colors to choose from. Like the applicator, makes it easy to apply and it stays all day, even thru a workout. Am between two shades so I have to mix but still love the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best foundations I have used to date. I have oily skin and this stuff wears exactly like it promises - no creases or cracks at the end of the day! This is a great medium coverage foundation that looks totally natural if applied correctly and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I am fairly pale, and 14-Shell is a PERFECT match for my skin. I have been using it for about a week and so far my skin has not had any strange reactions to the product. What more could I ask for in a foundation? Maybe a lower price.....but I won't complain about that too much. UPDATE: I have been using for a couple of weeks now - I am still in love with this product. I think it has actually helped improve my complexion!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2004 1:39:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

i am agree, it does not cover eye circles well. I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2004 2:13:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found the perfect foundation! I was at the Origins counter buying moisturizer and the woman working behind the counter had the most perfect, natural looking skin. I asked what she used and she said, 'Estee Lauder foundation'! So, I headed straight to the Estee Lauder counter and found my perfect shade. It looks super natural on and is lightweight. My exhausting search for foundation is finally over. Update: I switched to chanel double perfection powder foundation, my new HG. I can no longer wear liquid foundation now that I am living in a hot, humid climate.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I stopped by the EL counter and had the MUA do me up.

It did not cover eye circles well. I asked twice about being able to see the circles under my eyes after her applications. She said she didn't see anything wrong with the circles. I insisted and she applied some more concealer. Still didn't cover it. By the end of the day the makeup found every last wrinkle to settle into.

For something this expensive, I don't want to have to do touchups as I would with this product and my main concern was covering the eye circles.

The search for the HG continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I truly liked this foundation at first. The coverage is great and the foundation really does last and last without caking or "blotching." A little goes a long way. If you use too much, it will look like a mask. My only complaint early on was that there was such a limited range of shades that I couldn't get a really good match.

However! This foundation has ravaged my skin more than any beauty product I've ever used! Worst acne I've ever had! The MUA at EL said I must not have been cleansing it all off at night. Not true - I was using the special cleanser to remove the foundation itself (you are suppose to use a special cleanser to take it off), then a regular cleanser just to clean my face as usual. What I found was that my skin was reacting to the foundation. Even with clear skin, I'd apply it in the morning, and by evening I'd have this terrible cystic acne erupting on my cheeks (not a usual acne spot for me) and chin! I've thrown the ELDW away and won't go near it again! My skin (after one month) still is blotchy, awful and healing from the acne. Not worth it, and I'm pretty mad. This is about as non-acnegenic as Crisco, at least for me.

This could be a great foundation for some, but TEST IT for a week or so before committing to it!