Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 5/10/2009 3:52:00 PM

Just want to give another shout-out to baby oil! It really is the best makeup remover ever.

I've been using a lot of oils as makeup removers with great success - olive, sweet almond, jojoba, etc. But recently, I bought some Wet 'n Wild cream liner, and I played with it by drawing on the back of the hand with it.

I tried to remove it with olive oil, and it didn't remove the liner completely! It removed most of it, but still left behind some residue. And I was really rubbing at it with my cotton pad. (you wouldn't want to do that to your eyes)

Then I fished out my baby oil that I haven't used in a while, and it just whisked it away! Not a trace left. I tried this a few more times with my other oils, and baby oil was definitely the best performer. Melts it right off.

Baby oil is THE BEST eye makeup remover, you guys. It's super-cheap, and gets off everything. If you wear waterproof eye makeup, you really do need this.

(Oh yeah, I usually use cleansing oil on my face, and my current one does contain mineral oil [Kose Softymo], and that does a perfect job, too. Anyway, mineral oil is the key. Other products that work wonders at eye makeup removal also contain mineral oil - Pond's cold cream, and Vaseline [a creamy form of paraffin, the same stuff in mineral oil]) continued >>

on 4/27/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow! i never realized we could use baby oil as an eye makeup remover. I wear waterproof mascara and tend to combine mascaras and layer and layer since my eyelashes are really sparse and stick straight. Before i was using Lancomes Bifacial eyemakeup remover and it was alright, being oil based and everything, but it was taking foreverrrr to remove everything! i found i still had some left over mascara on my eyelashes that would transfer over after the night. Plus it was tiresome and taking a toll on my eyes as i tried to gently rub and rub the mascara off.
Then I ran out of Lancome and was desperate! I heard that baby oil or olive oil could be used as a makeup remover and boy was that ever true! i use two qtips soaked in baby oil and gently rub back and forth on my eyelashes ( i find this method works best for me instead of using cotton balls) and in 5-10 minutes everything is gone! Of course youre left with an oily residue but i just rinse it off with my cleanser.
loveeeee this! doesnt irritate my eyes at all and theyre left feeling so smooth, unlike when i used lancome, which at times irritated my eyes and left my eyelids feeling so dry afterwards!

would DEFINATELY recommend this! a huge bottle for dirt cheap and all you need is the slightest amount. HG status after one day!

on 4/21/2009 2:42:00 PM

i use this for 2 things .

1st, eye makeup remover. ever since ive heard that over time, make up around your eyes can smear into the fine skin line around your eyes and stay there permanently contributing to the dark circle under your eyes if you dont remove your eye makeup properly, ive been obsessed with removing make up and cleansing. it works just as well as any high end oilbased makeup remover. the only thing is, it still feels oily afterward, but i double cleanse to get that rid of that . what i do is remove eye makeup, cleanse my face with regular cleanser (cant use near the eyes) and cleanse again with a lotion cleanser with a cotton pad all over.

2nd, as body moisturizer. right before i step out of the shower, i put baby oil all over me and just rinse it off with water so i wont be soaked in oil. when i come out of theshower, i dont even need any body lotion. it just gets so so so soft!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this as an eye makeup remover every night before bed and nothing has ever removed my eye makeup so effortlessly. It nurishes my eyes and doesn't sting my eyes like all the other makeup removers I've tried. I buy the little travel size so its pretty much the exact size of any other makeup remover but instead of paying 10 dollars I'm paying 2. All in all great for removing eye makeup.

on 3/25/2009 5:37:00 PM

I really love this product and I use it all the time. I use it for a makeup remover, and as a moisturizer for my body after I take a shower. Some of the only cons are that if you use it as a makeup remover, then you have to be sure that you wash it all off really well because it is really oily. The other con is the bottle. I don't know what kind you got, but the kind I have comes in a really big bottle and it is sometimes really hard to use because you an hardly hold onto it. But otherwise, this is a really good product.

on 3/10/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love baby oil especially by johnson & johnson i usually put it on my legs when i go out so my legs could look silkey smooth.. looks great try it if you havent already..

on 3/10/2009 5:16:00 AM

I used to use this as a moisturizer but now I love the lavender version even more because of the scent. I still use this to remove my make up though. It's very inexpensive and it works!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup!
really, it works! just pour some on a cotton pad/ball!
it even takes off my CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof!
there's nothing to lose,
and it's the BEST makeup remover, ever!
you don't even have to shell out $15~20 bucks for remover anymore!

on 1/28/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A great old standby. I keep a bottle in my shower at all times. I put it on first thing all over and then wash with soap or shave or whatever. Then when I towel off, I don't have too much left over oil on me. I love this stuff. Won't ever be without it.

on 1/27/2009 2:39:00 PM

Baby Oil is my HG product. I use this every time I step out of the shower, and my skin is softer than a baby's bum. I use a generous amount, and my only qualm is that I can't seem to find a big enough bottle to last me more than two weeks.

Popular Body Skincare Products