October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since I moved to HK from London, I had no end of spots. (Haven't had them for more than 10 years!) I got this chiefly to keep my spots in check. It does seem to work, but not brilliantly. I still get spots, but the situation seems more under control. I think it does contribute a little to improving my skin texture. But I am also using some good serums which I believe are more effective on that front. Won't call it miracle, especially for the price.

Update: I had a couple of nasty spots that keep coming back. Following another reviewer's recommendation I soaked SKII on a pad and leave it there for 15 minutes. But it doesn't seem to make any difference the next day. Recently I come across a tip - put a thin slice of potato on the spot. I tried this and it worked! The spots are retreating. Apparently it also works for minor burns and pains caused by swelling etc. Just make sure you slice the potato very thinly (or use a peeler), so that it will stick to the face, and change to a new slice after a little while. I change mine as often as I can remember/be bothered, so on average every 20 minutes. The book says you should change once the slice doesn't feel cool any more. I left one on overnight too. I think I will give my skin a break from SKII once I've finished my current huge bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Samanda100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little over a year ago, my face was covered in little spots of milia. I started using the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Within a month I saw a drastic improvement! Within three months my skin was in the best condition it has ever been in! It has remained consistently clear and beautiful since then. Needless to say, I am forever a loyal customer of SK-II skin care products. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Joice78

I didn't know what to expect but have been using it nearly every night (not something I typically spend time doing) and have loved the feeling that my skin doesn't have layers of build up but is new and so nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I was sucked in by the "miracle water" hype. Got a sampler off eBay and have religiously used it twice a day for 6 weeks. It is now my on my MUST HAVE list. It is amazing how it makes your face look completely different. It keeps my face moisturized all day with a dewy, soft look that has zero greasiness to it. No dry or sticky feeling either. Going for the full size bottle next.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by chloechan88

I don't know if I should call it a piece of expensive crap. Well, it kinda worked and improved my at the beginning. However, once I stopped using it, I got a lot of breakouts. I guess my skin is just too senstive. I use it on my neck and my hand now. A waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I bought the 75ml to try it out to see if it works like a miracle water like what the advert says.

Generally, 75ml could last me 5 months. And the trick of applying it is to apply toner before it. Without applying toner beforehand, it runs, and won't be absorbed into the skin, sucha kinda waste. With a toner, it absorbs almost like miracle.

Nonetheless of the bad smell like saliva, I still like this product a lot because my face is no longer dull. It brightens up my face. And I already have my 150ml bottle stock up in my drawer now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by BallerinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK!!!! THis is the worst product i have ever used. I used this for a little over 6 months last year. At first, i think a lot of people would agree that this stuff makes your skin look amazing almost instantaneously. And then the cycle begins, you feel like you have to keep using this stuff to maintain the lovely smooth hydrated skin that you now have. But then.....a couple of months into it, i noticed red spots, and clusters of bumps underneath the skin in places i normally wouldn't breakout in.( As a bit of brief background, i never had acne issues, i mean i would get the occasional pimple here and there, but only 1 or 2 at a time and they would be small ones and heal in 3 days or so. ) So as a result, i stopped using this stuff and it got worse and worse. I had to go see a dermatogolist as to why my skin turned nasty. I am still suffering the consequences of this product and people are still wondering what the heck happened to my skin. Those clusters of bumps that i had lingered for 3 months and scarred me. Not just little red marks, i'm talking bad deep almost indented scars. Sigh. My skin is now ruined and incredibly sensitive. Never again. I should have listened to some of my friends who did say that this product is very strong.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by kitkatmeow

After hearing and reading all the hype about this product, I finally decided to give it a try. I would say that I have fairly good skin, occasional oily face at T-zone esp after long hours at work and people always say that I am lucky to have a great complexion, As a background, I've been using the same cleanser and moisturizer (both neutrogena) since I was 15 and now I am 26! And I barely use toner..

After more than 10 years of same routines, I decided to give extra attention to my skin, and decided to buy this. It has only been a week since I use this day and night after cleansing my face, but I must say I do notice a lot of improvement! My skin has become more supple and the pores around my nose is lessening. Yesterday, I was traveling from morning and in meetings until night - and normally my skin will get oily by the evening... but I was surprised at how good my skin is even after a long day! And I even received a compliment for a colleague that I look glowing as well yesterday!

As for now, I LOVE this product! Hope it gets better and I will get the translucent glowing skin soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by butterflyeffect123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this product! I didn't notice any sort of immediate difference BUT my skin has gradually looked better and better over the last 6months and I will definitely continue using this.

I've found that SKII doesn't provide immediate results, but my skin texture has looked far better over the months I've been using it and looks and feels far more even as well.

Personally, I like to use a SKII with a couple of other products - Olay exfoliating face wash and occasionally Estee Lauder's idealist refinishing cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Ploysiam

I heard alot of this stuff and one day i try,
1-3 first day my skin was AMAZING! it's softer smoother
and very easier to make up
but after that i feel my skin is easy to allergic, but i still use it
i thought it's processing and peeling and i'm on period
But i thought WRONG!! I'm allergic the Yeast "PITERA"
i got acnes , the infection pimples all over my face..

Anyways i'm allergic the SK-II but my mom her skin so INCREDIBLE!!! yeah it's depends on personal skin type

It's kinda expensive If u want to try this u should ask for a sample at SK-II counter before u buy a big bottle.
U don't waste a money right!!

for me SO LONG SK-II