October 30, 2014 | 1341 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy smokes! I have a scar on my cheek that has not healed as well as I would hope, and have tried just about every topical application imaginable on it. I have just been to a plastic surgeon to see about having Restylane injected into it to even out the appearance. And then I came upon the reviews for lemon juice as a healing agent -- and it's like a miracle! I've only been using it for a few days, but I have applied the ReaLemon juice with a cotton ball twice per day, and already my scar is flatter and the discoloration is noticeably fading. I can't believe that the fix was in my refrigerator all along! I'm going to keep it up, but I have to say that I'm already amazed and delighted with the results I've had.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried lemon juice for my old acne scars and uneven skin tone and I must say, AMAZING!! I use RealLemon 100% juice. I don't dilute the juice, so it does sting every time I use it, but not enough for me to discontinue use. I apply it at night after cleaning my face. I let the juice dry, then apply Ponds dry skin cream. And after a month or so.. RESULTS! Definitely a must try home remedy for everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by chavisharma

i have this very oily and acne prone skin and due to my negligence the pimples that appeared on my skin when i was 16 left terrible looking scars behind,this hugely shattered my confidence !! no make up could hide the scars ,home remedies made the spots worst , i used many expensive products but all that went vain
i had completely surrended and given up i was sure that il have to live with the ugly scars, spots on my face forever
But then my mum suggested me to rub lemon on my face ..i did but i was sure that it wouldn't really cause any difference but you wouldn't believe this, i woke up the next morning looked at the mirror and i was amused !!!
my face was clean unlike the other days when my skin gleamed with oil !! it was smooth!! so i decided to give it another go and today i have been using it since 5 weeks and yes all the scars have magically vanished
m skin is glowing, the brown scars have faded , i have achieved a pinkish glow !!! and life seems beautiful after this huge transformation
PLZZ DON'T WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON COSMETIC PRODUCT USE LEMON JUICE!!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super cheap yet the most effective product on the market!!! My grandmother used to put lemon juice in my hair when I was a kid which would lighten it up. I never thought to put it on my face for acne scars, but after realizing it made sense because lemon juice is a natural bleach, I did it!
It DOES sting the first time you do it. Don't get discouraged if it burns like heck and makes you itchy...I think that is the most common effect for anyone who is doing it for the first time, sensitive or not. If it's your first time, only keep it on for about 10 minutes. Usually by the 3rd or 4th time your skin will handle it and you can keep it on all night/day. You can also dilute it with water if you have very sensitive/dry skin.
For my normal (not oily or dry) skin, I didn't dry out or get any irritation. The scars did turn more red before disappearing. It did lighten my whole face a bit, and I'm already pale, but I don't mind since I can just use some bronzer. It took me about 5 days (morning and night) to see significant results, which is great since my skin doesn't usually respond to anything that fast.
MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SUNSCREEN!! Because this is a bleach, you must wear sunscreen when you're using it and at least for a week after you stop. If you don't, you run the risk of getting really bad sun damage, not to mention ruin the benefits of the lemon juice.
Think of this product as a natural Retin A alternative. It is very effective, readily available, and cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by iloveyallsreviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product can be used for mulitple uses on my body it's a great way to lighten your hair in the sun, decent toner when mixed with water & good skin lightner. It also tightens like how i use with my honey. I try to use nothing but natural cleasners on my face cuz i put so many chemicals on my face when using makeup. but overall i recomend this when you have a breakout or if you want to cleasne your face i just put pure lemon juice on than an hr or so later rinse off with just water.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by BriarT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't say I've tried using lemon juice on my face as of yet, but last year I tried using it on these stretch marks I'd had on my chest.
They'd been there for about a year, very pinky-red and hadn't faded at all, and they were destroying my self esteem. I'd used bio oil and different stretch mark creams and nothing had really worked on them.

So, I cut a slice of lemon and rubbed it on the skin, leaving it to dry on its own, and afterwards I massaged in some Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.

I did this every few days and started noticing a difference really quickly, within the first three or four times I'd say.

I would've done this treatment less than twenty times in total over about two and a half months before my stretch marks were so faint that I didn't think I needed it anymore.

Now I can't see them at all, its great!
I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot, especially given how cheap it is, and hopefully you'll get a good result :)

I think that you'd still get a very similar result from lemon and a different body moisturiser. Or using the lemon and a stretch mark cream on top.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dianapichardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried almost EVERYTHING for my few freckles and dull pale skin, until I tried lemon, I added a few drops of lemon to my cotton ball and started to apply onto my face, it burned me like CRAZY! just 15 seconds took my skin to get so ichy, irritated and RED!, i rinsed it off really fat, and went to sleep... When I woke up my skin was really tight and dullness was almost gone! I was so surprised, the only thing was that my face burnt horribly, so that day tried diluted lemon, and just the same happened, just that the next morning my face had a huge reaction, I went to my dermatologist, and he told me that really sensitive skin is NOT ALLOWED having contact with lemon, or you'll get burnt skin. He told me to use sugar and lemon as a exfoliator and it wont burn me, i tried it and Ohh my god! got rid off my freckles, got perfect glowy skin, and not irritation!

Thanks lemon!

Don't try it by it self if you have REALLY SENSITIVE SKIN

took one lippie, because the first result

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

I don't use this all the time - because I am lucky to have even toned skin on my face, but it is a nice toner that I use from time to time. Personally, I can rub a chunk of lemon straight on my face and it does not sting very much at all.

However, I really appreciate lemon juice for lightening some of the darker spots over my body than can appear, such as in the groin due to chaffing or discoloration caused by insect bites.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by buden

Everybody stop because this is an HG product right here!! Normally I have average skin, but I take a medication which causes chronic acne. I have tried everything: Clyndimycin, Paula's Choice, Accutane, BCP, etc. Acne.org's line was the best for me. Something in me changed after losing my home in a fire and I decided to go all natural- from household cleaners (vinegar and Florida Water) to skin care. I was reading the posts on lemon and I must say that it works WONDERS. It took about two weeks for it to take effect but my heavy cystic acne and the whiteheads that surrounded my mouth are GONE. I use a lemon juice toner with concentrated lemon juice, tea tree oil, and concentrated green tea. That is a nice mist before bed. Sometimes I cut a lemon in half and rub it on my face for five minutes, let it dry, then add honey on top. In conjunction with the OCM my skin and moisturising with Jojoba or Shea butter-I am going to say this... my skin ...is perfect, a month and a half later. No blemishes. My scars have practically faded. My (straight) (guy) friend said I had absolutely no need for makeup anymore. HG!!!!!!!!!! This is it! (Just be sure to wear sunblock)

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I never thought about putting lemon juice on my face...ever. But because I have used ACV in the past, I decided to try this.

I have to tell you that my face looked AMAZING for about a month. I used lemon juice from the bottle, safeway brand. I had this on hand at the time because my boyfriend uses it for making cocktails. I diluted it at first, 1 capful of water with 1 capful lemon juice and the results were pure bliss. Acne scars faded, no new breakouts, and my skin was GLOWING.

Enter the lemon. I decided to use real lemon juice this time, I ran out of the bottled lemon juice and decided to juice a lemon and dilute it with water. I don't know if the real lemon juice was too strong for my skin or what but I didn't get the same results as I did with the bottled lemon juice. My skin got drier and suprisingly really flaky. I decided to stop the whole lemon juice thing, but I am giving this a 4 because of my month of beautiful happy skin. Maybe I will try again in the future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No