MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque

4.2

on 10/25/2009 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

ive been looking for a good base for my neutral colors...before i just use mac prep and prime for eyes then came fresco rose for my pinks and purples but none for my neutrals...so did i get this one...its peach with shimmers in it...its sheer and easy to apply... i use mac 217 brush and evens it out perfectly...can be used alone if im in a hurry...very good base and doesnt crease....worth your money...i just noticed that pp tends to dry quickly so you have to apply fast and put a small amount it sample jars so as not to dry the whole pp up...i did that with my other pp...love it so much...

on 10/25/2009 10:36:00 PM

This is great on its own or paired up with a neutral colour like all that glitters. Definately makes ur eyes pop when u pair it with black eyeliner. Good for all over the lid.
I put it under my eyeshadows. I am a NC40 skin tone and for any tanned skin i highly recommend it because it does have a bit of a gold shimmer to it, but a natural looking shimmer.

on 10/21/2009 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Stays put all day, is nice for a natural look if this is all you want to wear, & very nice color. I love the shimmer to this.

on 10/21/2009 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this, the color is unique and very pretty...but it is very glittery...and i dont like glitter, i dont like it as a base to i use it to blend in with my crease when i have a matte eyeshadow on, although it's not my favorite, it doesnt hurt to keep it in my stash

on 10/17/2009 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I adore this. It's probably my fav of the various paint pots as far as color alone; it's a gorgeous pinky-gold-copper with a sheen that makes me smile. It's a decent base for eyeshadows, too, which is my preferred way to use it. I have to admit, though, it was an impulse buy, but one that I won't be without if I can help it.

There's a decent amount of product per jar and it applies easily. I wear it all the time and use maybe a jar every 8 months to a year. For $16, that's not bad. The texture is smooth and it colors evenly. Alone, it may crease, but set with a powder (translucent), it will last 12 hours, easily.

on 10/17/2009 8:11:00 AM

This shimmery peach-gold cream shadow looks gorgeous on my NC30/C3 skin. I don't reach for it every day, but it is so beautiful. Makes a great eyeshadow base, just like any other paint pot from MAC. It is just 1 of the 2 point pots that I own, and I like it a lot.

on 10/17/2009 3:44:00 AM

Peachy-gold with a 'slight' pink undertone. This is my favourite paintpot ever! I know most people love painterly.. but this one is my HG. I especially love using it on work days. It gives me a nice shimmer that is not over-the-top. This paintpot I'll be repurchasing for sure! and at the rate I'm using it I think I'll be repurchasing pretty soon hehehehe

on 10/10/2009 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Love. This. Paint. Pot. Shimmery, warm peach color in the pot, warmer gold/peach color on my skin. It works very well as a base, especially with gold in the corner and a bronze shade in the crease. When I'm in a hurry I swipe this on with a little mascara, and it really brightens my eyes. Will buy again and again.

on 10/1/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love MAC Paint Pots, and Rubenesque is no exception! I can see this flattering most eye colors, although it would probably be suited better to warm skintones.

Rubenesque looks to be a peach in the pot, but applies more as a peach with loads of gold shimmer. This is like Melon pigment in cream form. Applies beautifully with enough color payoff to serve as a base, without being overly opaque, just the right amout of pigmentation. This makes a perfect base for any peach or gold shadow, and would work as a stand alone shade with a simple liner. I'm definitely becoming addicted to the paint pots .. although the paints will always have my heart first and foremost :) continued >>

on 9/7/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the color of this paint pot, it's very unique and I was drawn to it. Usually I use Painterly but I wanted something with a little more to it. I wanted a paint pot I could put on in lieu of eyeshadow because in the mornings I just don't have the time to do shadow. This goes on very light, much less pigmented than I expected. It does brighten my eye area slightly but not to the amount I want unless I pile it on... which defeats the purpose that I wanted it for. I will not repurchase.

Popular Eyes Products