April 20, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by bedazzie

I like this, the color is unique and very pretty...but it is very glittery...and i dont like glitter, i dont like it as a base to i use it to blend in with my crease when i have a matte eyeshadow on, although it's not my favorite, it doesnt hurt to keep it in my stash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this. It's probably my fav of the various paint pots as far as color alone; it's a gorgeous pinky-gold-copper with a sheen that makes me smile. It's a decent base for eyeshadows, too, which is my preferred way to use it. I have to admit, though, it was an impulse buy, but one that I won't be without if I can help it.

There's a decent amount of product per jar and it applies easily. I wear it all the time and use maybe a jar every 8 months to a year. For $16, that's not bad. The texture is smooth and it colors evenly. Alone, it may crease, but set with a powder (translucent), it will last 12 hours, easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This shimmery peach-gold cream shadow looks gorgeous on my NC30/C3 skin. I don't reach for it every day, but it is so beautiful. Makes a great eyeshadow base, just like any other paint pot from MAC. It is just 1 of the 2 point pots that I own, and I like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

Peachy-gold with a 'slight' pink undertone. This is my favourite paintpot ever! I know most people love painterly.. but this one is my HG. I especially love using it on work days. It gives me a nice shimmer that is not over-the-top. This paintpot I'll be repurchasing for sure! and at the rate I'm using it I think I'll be repurchasing pretty soon hehehehe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love. This. Paint. Pot. Shimmery, warm peach color in the pot, warmer gold/peach color on my skin. It works very well as a base, especially with gold in the corner and a bronze shade in the crease. When I'm in a hurry I swipe this on with a little mascara, and it really brightens my eyes. Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I absolutely love MAC Paint Pots, and Rubenesque is no exception! I can see this flattering most eye colors, although it would probably be suited better to warm skintones.

Rubenesque looks to be a peach in the pot, but applies more as a peach with loads of gold shimmer. This is like Melon pigment in cream form. Applies beautifully with enough color payoff to serve as a base, without being overly opaque, just the right amout of pigmentation. This makes a perfect base for any peach or gold shadow, and would work as a stand alone shade with a simple liner. I'm definitely becoming addicted to the paint pots .. although the paints will always have my heart first and foremost :) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the color of this paint pot, it's very unique and I was drawn to it. Usually I use Painterly but I wanted something with a little more to it. I wanted a paint pot I could put on in lieu of eyeshadow because in the mornings I just don't have the time to do shadow. This goes on very light, much less pigmented than I expected. It does brighten my eye area slightly but not to the amount I want unless I pile it on... which defeats the purpose that I wanted it for. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. At first I didn't think I would with the reddish tint to it...but the gold sets it off to be an absolute gorgeous color especially if you wear,as I do, alot of pearlish peache/or beige e/shadows...it gives it a certain lift even if worn alone as a quick out the door lid color. I love this so much I am looking for my thrid pot now..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this paintpot, it's probably my favourite. I thought Painterly wasn't doing anything for me since it was just a matte flesh color and I can't use paintpots as a primer because they crease on me.
This one is a peachy, orangey shimmery color, it's great as a base under peach shadows but also worn on its own. When I am in a rush, I wouldt jus put a bit of Rubenesque on my lips over UDPP, add liner and mascara and off I am.
Since I am NC15, the color is subtle but definitely shows on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by browneyedgrl317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at my local MAC counter without swatching it because I had watched so many videos where people simply raved about it. Big mistake. I absolutely hated this product. For reference, I am an NC 25, but I did not like this paint pot at all, even when I swatched it on my hand. When I applied it to my lid, I saw absolutely no color, it looked as though I had just caked on a lot of glitter. I was greatly disappointed, I wanted a nice peach shade, the description so many have given it, or like the swatch on the MAC website. I took it back right away and exchanged it for Painterly, the MUA even told me that all of people don't like Rubenesque because of how glittery it is. This did not work on me, but it obviously works on many others. So if you're planning on buying it, make sure you swatch it first, so you know exactly what you're getting.