August 1, 2014 | 1798 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by DeeplyRooted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is GREAT! I bought the 32 oz. bottle for $8.99 at Trader Joe's and it lasts seemingly FOREVER (and a day)! LOVE the scent (though it doesn't linger on the skin) and the tingle is worth $9 itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Very strong - gives you the "squeaky clean" feeling of sapping all bodily oils from your skin. As others mentioned, it's the only thing that feels like it gets off the shirt-ringing summer dog-day stickiness. The lather and slipperiness have made it a household favorite. Mr. Factor calls it "boob soap."

Interesting background on Dr. Bronner and his religious ravings:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my summer time staple. My favorite peppermint soap has been with me every summer since I was a pre-teen. It is fabulously cooling on hot and sticky days or after a good workout. I have also tried the lavender and eucalyptus, all of them are great but this is my choice pick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by reneec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap too, but I mostly use it for quite a different purpose. I clean my bathroom with it! It works great too at removing soap scum and making the surfaces shine. I love that I don't have to wear gloves (it makes my rings sparkle) and I don't need a gas mask to breathe like I do when I use regular bathroom cleaning products. You don't need very much - I usually wet a sponge and put a little squirt on there and then just scrub as usual. The bathroom is done speedy quick and smells wonderfully fresh and it's got to be better for the environment. Plus, it's inexpensive. I have used this product this way for over a year and I love it. It won't usually remove mold, so I do use a mold remover on it when I get that in the grout, but otherwise Dr.Bonner's is all you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sparklypenquin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This soap rocks! It's a great invigorating way to start your morning. It smells great, lathers nicely, you can use it a million different ways, and it lasts FOREVER - especially if you dilute it. I especially love pouring some in the tub when I take a bath. It makes you feel so clean and fresh! And it's so cheap for so much soap. Plus, it provides such entertaining reading material for the shower! I will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect soap! I love it. My husband too. He had problem with itching skin after the shower and this is the only soap that doesn't cause that reaction!
Will stick to this forever :). I like other Bronner's soaps too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a staple. Delicate, slippery and good smelling. Careful on the girl-parts though, just a wee bit too minty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by polypharmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, natural alternative to some other more expensive boutique soaps. It's not as pretty, but it has no added colorings or scents and the packages on Dr. Bronner's products are always fun to read. The scent is strong in the shower but doesn't linger on the skin for long, which is good if you want to wear some sort of perfume. My skin also feels fresh and tight after using... great when you're oily or spotty.
Be very careful using this if you're sensitive to peppermint oil, though, or if you've just shaved. It can tingle a bit. I personally love it, but YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as a shower gel for a couple of years. I've been on the same bottle the whole time; it lasts forever, but I'll definitely replace it when it runs out. It's cooling in summer, warms you up in winter, smells great, foams up great; it's vegan, not tested on animals, and all natural. Definite HG! Plus, every spare inch of the label is covered with crazy, cultish rantings from the soap's inventor, which makes showering a lot more interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it feels odd to write a review of this product in feb., when i'm looking at snow piled up outside, but i just saw this category and had to add my rave. this has been a summertime staple for many years. i first started using this when i lived in houston, tx. long ago. i dilute it half and half with water and use it as a shower gel and bath soak in hot weather. it actually chills your skin, and when you come in at the end of a hot, sweaty day, nothing feels better than a cool shower w/ peppermint soap! for a while, we lived without air conditioning, and i would soak in a cool tub with peppermint soap right before bed and sleep with the ceiling fan on. instant chill! a wonderful, versatile, refreshing product.