Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 9/30/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My husband and I love this soap. It smells nice and it gets you very clean. We buy it in bar form and use it all the time, for hand soap and in the bath. I also like the liquid soap, although it can be drying if you use it as a shampoo. Great stuff.

on 9/20/2007 11:29:00 PM

I found Peppermint is great for household cleaning! Not my body though - I'm not into the tingling feeling...it scares me a bit :( Anyways...the almond and lavender for body? FANTASTIC! Can't beat the price or the scent! If you're having trouble with it being too harsh for the skin...dilute! :) Hope this helps...ALL ONE!

on 9/6/2007 3:42:00 PM

Let me first touch on a reviewer below who mentioned that it is saponified coconut oil. I make homemade soap for a living, and all this means is it's completely natural -- it's been saponified with lye (the lye goes away once hit with the oils)...and it is NOT anything to do with sulfates (saponifying oils with lye is how our ancestors first invented soap). Ok, now that I've covered that...

This sh*t is the bomb! I LOVE using natural products that work well, and not only does this work well for making me feel clean and cool, but also for household cleaning as well, as was mentioned by others below. Will definitely purchase again!

I've been using this in the shower with exfoliating gloves for about 8 months. I love the tingle and the scent. It can be a little harsh, so I never use it on my face or neck. I tried it (diluted) as a shampoo and it completely wrecked my hair. It left a sticky film that took about two weeks to wash out completely. It's a great body wash, though.

I agree that this is the best (and by best I mean most tingly and least artficial!) peppermint soap out there!

Dr. Bronner's is a true flowerchild's best friend--I took a travel sized bottle of lavendar on a trip through europe and used it for laundry, shampoo, and body wash, and it worked great! (I didn't try it as a toothpaste, though its reccomended...)

This stuff truly does tingle though, so beware! In hot weather or after exertion or even in the morning, it can be just the ticket, but be warned...a friend came to visit and she, ah, used it, to lather up....down there...and lets just say that the word "tingle" took on a whole new meaning.

Sensitive skin down there will def. tingle! (Which may or may not be a bad thing, just something to be aware of!)

As far as natural soaps go, this one is pretty great, though you do have to make sure to scrub off heavy scent or BO, as it takes a little man power (even just using your hand) to get an effective clean.

on 8/18/2007 2:37:00 PM

This is the best product/soap I've come across for cleaning makeup brushes. Dilute in a bowl of water and dip brushes in, then rinse. Cheap and gets all makeup oils out of the brushes.

It's the only soap my boyfriend uses so I figured i'd try it out. It is perfect to use in the morning because it wakes me right up! & It's so tingly & clean feeling. Also-- a little goes a long way. Just a little drop lathers right up. Unlike my boyfriend though, I don't use it in my hair...too drying.

on 8/11/2007 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best soap in the world. If you want to feel tingly fresh and clean, this is where its at. I am obsessed with feeling clean so I used to insist on using an anti-bacterial soap followed by a regular soap that smelled good. Once I began using Dr. Bronner's I knew I would never need a different product again. It is the best clean feeling you could ever get! The soap is basically a liquid so it does get used up pretty quickly. The directions say to dilute a small portion with water because it is so concentrated, but I don't see how that would be feasible in the shower. Although it is a little expensive, its definately worth it. I use a little in my hand to wash certain areas. Then I squirt probably a teaspoon or a little more onto a loofah, and that is enough to lather my whole body. The $10 bottle lasts me about a month, but it is sold in many different sizes. If you are skeptical they sell tiny bottles for a dollar or two at Whole Foods, but they don't always have peppermint. I have never tried the other scents and probably never will because the best thing about this soap is the great mint smell and tingly feeling it gives you entire body. Also, it is made mostly from oils, so it does not dry out your skin. And of course its vegan friendly! :)

on 8/2/2007 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow. I've never reviewed a product before, but I had to for this one. I've been using the hemp/tea tree oil version of Dr. Bronner's castile soap, and after the first time of using it my oily skin is SO MUCH BETTER! I am usually a grease slick an hour or two after washing my face, but when I use this, I can go for like 4 hours without getting oily, and when I do, it's not anything like before. I had no idea it would have this effect on my skin, but I am so happily surprised! It must be all the natural organic oils in the soap, maybe it's balancing out the oils in my skin or something. Not sure if it is the hemp/tea trea oil, or if any of his soaps would do the same, but I'm sticking with this one for sure! This is now the only soap I will use on face and body - oh, and it leaves the skin on my body nice and soft too. I am truly amazed....so glad I finally tried it!
UPDATE: Ok, not so wow after all. Although my body seems to really like this soap, and it cleared up an eczema rash on my hand, my skin started to feel clogged and has been breaking out after using for 3 weeks. It still has the less-oily thing going for it, but it's not worth it after all. Maybe I should dilute more, or maybe it's just too much for my facial skin. Bummer. But at least the rest of me likes it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Sorry folks, I love the scent from the bottle, BUT CANNOT USE THIS, i just tried the liquid version of this dr. bronners liquid peppermint, i didnt feel clean, plus it highly irritated my whole body, with sore red skin, did ok as a hair shampoo, but i never will use this again, unless the company can come up with ultra sensitve skin wash for irritated skin like mines, I tried ALL there body washes, Even the baby one, forget it, I tried to Love there products, BUT CANT!!!!