April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect soap! I love it. My husband too. He had problem with itching skin after the shower and this is the only soap that doesn't cause that reaction!
Will stick to this forever :). I like other Bronner's soaps too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a staple. Delicate, slippery and good smelling. Careful on the girl-parts though, just a wee bit too minty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by polypharmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, natural alternative to some other more expensive boutique soaps. It's not as pretty, but it has no added colorings or scents and the packages on Dr. Bronner's products are always fun to read. The scent is strong in the shower but doesn't linger on the skin for long, which is good if you want to wear some sort of perfume. My skin also feels fresh and tight after using... great when you're oily or spotty.
Be very careful using this if you're sensitive to peppermint oil, though, or if you've just shaved. It can tingle a bit. I personally love it, but YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as a shower gel for a couple of years. I've been on the same bottle the whole time; it lasts forever, but I'll definitely replace it when it runs out. It's cooling in summer, warms you up in winter, smells great, foams up great; it's vegan, not tested on animals, and all natural. Definite HG! Plus, every spare inch of the label is covered with crazy, cultish rantings from the soap's inventor, which makes showering a lot more interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it feels odd to write a review of this product in feb., when i'm looking at snow piled up outside, but i just saw this category and had to add my rave. this has been a summertime staple for many years. i first started using this when i lived in houston, tx. long ago. i dilute it half and half with water and use it as a shower gel and bath soak in hot weather. it actually chills your skin, and when you come in at the end of a hot, sweaty day, nothing feels better than a cool shower w/ peppermint soap! for a while, we lived without air conditioning, and i would soak in a cool tub with peppermint soap right before bed and sleep with the ceiling fan on. instant chill! a wonderful, versatile, refreshing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bretta23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. My ex-boyfriend got me hooked on Dr. Bronners. At first I didn't care for them, I tried the lavender liquid castille soap first and didn't really feel that clean after using it. Thank goodness I gave it another chance when I purchased it in peppermint! Feel so clean after using it, distributes evenly, lathers wonderfully, smells fantastic, and is not filled with harmful chemicals! Just make sure to dilute it a lot, as it can be somewhat harsh, even if natural. It used to take my nail polish off..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kerroppifreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very effective soap that does what it's supposed to. I like how concentrated it is so I can dilute it. I wish it didn't get so water though when I dilute it because it's harder to work with. However, it is even more effective than much thicker soaps although your mind thinks that not much is happening since it looks like water. tricky tricky. all in all, very good soap and great smell. definitely looking forward to trying out the other scents.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

Spaflam, it's weird to have so much animosity towards a soap.

There are certain things for which I love this; a refreshing shower after I haven't gotten enough sleep, etc. It's good for hand-washing clothes too. I find it too thin to use comfortably as shampoo, although I know people who swear by it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

I love this stuff! I use it as a body wash, hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap for washing out fine linens and more. The scent is very refreshing and natural. It also works great as a "feminine wash" especially for that time of the month. I dilute a squirt in a sink full of water and cleanse with a washcloth. I have very sensitive skin and it has never bothered me at all. I have also used the unscented, lavender, hemp and eucalyptus but peppermint is by far my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Extremely cooling, minty, and refreshing. Great for humid summer days.