December 19, 2014 | 1153 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

I've been using this in the shower with exfoliating gloves for about 8 months. I love the tingle and the scent. It can be a little harsh, so I never use it on my face or neck. I tried it (diluted) as a shampoo and it completely wrecked my hair. It left a sticky film that took about two weeks to wash out completely. It's a great body wash, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree that this is the best (and by best I mean most tingly and least artficial!) peppermint soap out there!

Dr. Bronner's is a true flowerchild's best friend--I took a travel sized bottle of lavendar on a trip through europe and used it for laundry, shampoo, and body wash, and it worked great! (I didn't try it as a toothpaste, though its reccomended...)

This stuff truly does tingle though, so beware! In hot weather or after exertion or even in the morning, it can be just the ticket, but be warned...a friend came to visit and she, ah, used it, to lather up....down there...and lets just say that the word "tingle" took on a whole new meaning.

Sensitive skin down there will def. tingle! (Which may or may not be a bad thing, just something to be aware of!)

As far as natural soaps go, this one is pretty great, though you do have to make sure to scrub off heavy scent or BO, as it takes a little man power (even just using your hand) to get an effective clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by TexasBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best product/soap I've come across for cleaning makeup brushes. Dilute in a bowl of water and dip brushes in, then rinse. Cheap and gets all makeup oils out of the brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

It's the only soap my boyfriend uses so I figured i'd try it out. It is perfect to use in the morning because it wakes me right up! & It's so tingly & clean feeling. Also-- a little goes a long way. Just a little drop lathers right up. Unlike my boyfriend though, I don't use it in my hair...too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by mandyjo924

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best soap in the world. If you want to feel tingly fresh and clean, this is where its at. I am obsessed with feeling clean so I used to insist on using an anti-bacterial soap followed by a regular soap that smelled good. Once I began using Dr. Bronner's I knew I would never need a different product again. It is the best clean feeling you could ever get! The soap is basically a liquid so it does get used up pretty quickly. The directions say to dilute a small portion with water because it is so concentrated, but I don't see how that would be feasible in the shower. Although it is a little expensive, its definately worth it. I use a little in my hand to wash certain areas. Then I squirt probably a teaspoon or a little more onto a loofah, and that is enough to lather my whole body. The $10 bottle lasts me about a month, but it is sold in many different sizes. If you are skeptical they sell tiny bottles for a dollar or two at Whole Foods, but they don't always have peppermint. I have never tried the other scents and probably never will because the best thing about this soap is the great mint smell and tingly feeling it gives you entire body. Also, it is made mostly from oils, so it does not dry out your skin. And of course its vegan friendly! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I've never reviewed a product before, but I had to for this one. I've been using the hemp/tea tree oil version of Dr. Bronner's castile soap, and after the first time of using it my oily skin is SO MUCH BETTER! I am usually a grease slick an hour or two after washing my face, but when I use this, I can go for like 4 hours without getting oily, and when I do, it's not anything like before. I had no idea it would have this effect on my skin, but I am so happily surprised! It must be all the natural organic oils in the soap, maybe it's balancing out the oils in my skin or something. Not sure if it is the hemp/tea trea oil, or if any of his soaps would do the same, but I'm sticking with this one for sure! This is now the only soap I will use on face and body - oh, and it leaves the skin on my body nice and soft too. I am truly amazed....so glad I finally tried it!
UPDATE: Ok, not so wow after all. Although my body seems to really like this soap, and it cleared up an eczema rash on my hand, my skin started to feel clogged and has been breaking out after using for 3 weeks. It still has the less-oily thing going for it, but it's not worth it after all. Maybe I should dilute more, or maybe it's just too much for my facial skin. Bummer. But at least the rest of me likes it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry folks, I love the scent from the bottle, BUT CANNOT USE THIS, i just tried the liquid version of this dr. bronners liquid peppermint, i didnt feel clean, plus it highly irritated my whole body, with sore red skin, did ok as a hair shampoo, but i never will use this again, unless the company can come up with ultra sensitve skin wash for irritated skin like mines, I tried ALL there body washes, Even the baby one, forget it, I tried to Love there products, BUT CANT!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

I like that this stuff is all-natural, highly economical, and rinses cleanly. But unfortunately it's drying out my skin a bit. Will finish up the bottle but then probably switch to something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 4:53:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If like me, you like an intense, squeaky-clean, tingly-cool shower experience, this is the best. If not, stay away. I'd been looking for a real cooling, tingly peppermint shower gel for ages. Avalon didn't make my skin tingle at all, the other one I tried (forgot the brand name) had SLS in it, which I like to stay away from. I've been watering this down, though I realise using it undiluted makes the tingly effect stronger, so I'm probably gonna use it undiluted and hope it doesn't dry my skin out. I loved this stuff so much I went straight out and bought a couple more Dr Bronner's liquid and bar soaps. But I still prefer this the best for a revitalising shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by DeeplyRooted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is GREAT! I bought the 32 oz. bottle for $8.99 at Trader Joe's and it lasts seemingly FOREVER (and a day)! LOVE the scent (though it doesn't linger on the skin) and the tingle is worth $9 itself!