October 1, 2014 | 1740 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry folks, I love the scent from the bottle, BUT CANNOT USE THIS, i just tried the liquid version of this dr. bronners liquid peppermint, i didnt feel clean, plus it highly irritated my whole body, with sore red skin, did ok as a hair shampoo, but i never will use this again, unless the company can come up with ultra sensitve skin wash for irritated skin like mines, I tried ALL there body washes, Even the baby one, forget it, I tried to Love there products, BUT CANT!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

I like that this stuff is all-natural, highly economical, and rinses cleanly. But unfortunately it's drying out my skin a bit. Will finish up the bottle but then probably switch to something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 4:53:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If like me, you like an intense, squeaky-clean, tingly-cool shower experience, this is the best. If not, stay away. I'd been looking for a real cooling, tingly peppermint shower gel for ages. Avalon didn't make my skin tingle at all, the other one I tried (forgot the brand name) had SLS in it, which I like to stay away from. I've been watering this down, though I realise using it undiluted makes the tingly effect stronger, so I'm probably gonna use it undiluted and hope it doesn't dry my skin out. I loved this stuff so much I went straight out and bought a couple more Dr Bronner's liquid and bar soaps. But I still prefer this the best for a revitalising shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by DeeplyRooted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is GREAT! I bought the 32 oz. bottle for $8.99 at Trader Joe's and it lasts seemingly FOREVER (and a day)! LOVE the scent (though it doesn't linger on the skin) and the tingle is worth $9 itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Very strong - gives you the "squeaky clean" feeling of sapping all bodily oils from your skin. As others mentioned, it's the only thing that feels like it gets off the shirt-ringing summer dog-day stickiness. The lather and slipperiness have made it a household favorite. Mr. Factor calls it "boob soap."

Interesting background on Dr. Bronner and his religious ravings:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my summer time staple. My favorite peppermint soap has been with me every summer since I was a pre-teen. It is fabulously cooling on hot and sticky days or after a good workout. I have also tried the lavender and eucalyptus, all of them are great but this is my choice pick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by reneec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this soap too, but I mostly use it for quite a different purpose. I clean my bathroom with it! It works great too at removing soap scum and making the surfaces shine. I love that I don't have to wear gloves (it makes my rings sparkle) and I don't need a gas mask to breathe like I do when I use regular bathroom cleaning products. You don't need very much - I usually wet a sponge and put a little squirt on there and then just scrub as usual. The bathroom is done speedy quick and smells wonderfully fresh and it's got to be better for the environment. Plus, it's inexpensive. I have used this product this way for over a year and I love it. It won't usually remove mold, so I do use a mold remover on it when I get that in the grout, but otherwise Dr.Bonner's is all you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sparklypenquin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This soap rocks! It's a great invigorating way to start your morning. It smells great, lathers nicely, you can use it a million different ways, and it lasts FOREVER - especially if you dilute it. I especially love pouring some in the tub when I take a bath. It makes you feel so clean and fresh! And it's so cheap for so much soap. Plus, it provides such entertaining reading material for the shower! I will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect soap! I love it. My husband too. He had problem with itching skin after the shower and this is the only soap that doesn't cause that reaction!
Will stick to this forever :). I like other Bronner's soaps too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a staple. Delicate, slippery and good smelling. Careful on the girl-parts though, just a wee bit too minty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No