November 23, 2014 | 1178 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by finnezze

Review for MAC Prep+Prime Skin Brightening Serum. A serum formulated to instantly brighten, smooth, firm, and hydrate the skin while providing a plumper, more evenly toned finish to the complexion. Natural antioxidants help to strengthen the skin against UV-related damage, while M∙A∙C Charged Water ensures deep, long-lasting hydration. I love this product! and all it claims to do,...it does. My skin looks absolutely radiant. I use it before my moisturizer but you can definitely apply as a primer it helps to get foundation on flawlessly. Check me out on http://www.youtube.com/user/Finnezze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I have to admit that I was shocked at the price of this little tube, I thought I was going to return it for that sheer fact. BUT to my surprise this is the BEST primer I've used so far. This made my makeup last all day! My foundation did not run at all & also my blush. The ultimate test for me was a walk in the park on a really sunny day. Lemme tell you, I felt the hot sun on my face & for sure thought my makeup was gone cuz I can feel myself sweating. Omg it was still on! I loove this stuff & will continue to buy it. Perfect now cuz summer is coming up so this will be a lifesaverr. Well worth the money =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aprilyoufools

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product 3 years ago when I went on a cruise and needed something with SPF. In the last 3 years, I've used it on-and-off and tried other primers (Bare Escentuals Prime Time). I honestly don't think there's a primer out there that works better and doesn't make me break out. It may be a little pricey but I feel like it's worth it if it doesn't make me break out AND has SPF. I also don't enjoy having to try to squeeze out the very last of the product out of the tube but I just put the cap on, hit the bottle on the counter downward, and that usually does the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lisatqw

At first I loved this product because I have SUPER oily skin and no primer seemed to control the shine but this primer does. HOWEVER, I noticed quite a few breakouts after using this. I generally have good skin. So I have a mixed feeling for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I purchased this after I ran out of the regular Prep + Prime because this one has SPF 50. I absolutely love it way more than the original! This really keeps my makeup in place all day! I am really impressed with this product. It's a bit expensive, but I would repurchase again because I love how it makes my makeup apply flawlessly and last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cmr0214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for me! This stuff is really the only thing that controls shine for 12 hrs a day for me. I put this on in the morning under my studio fix fluid and my studio fix powder and I swear my makeup won't be moving the rest of the day! I have tried so many primers and oil control lotions and this by far is my favorite. If I had to name one thing that I don't like about this it would be it isn't photo friendly:( But if you aren't going to be in any pictures then who cares! I love this primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Prep & Prime spf 50 for a couple of years now. It's my favorite primer. I do agree that the plastic tube is too hard to be able to squeeze all of the product out toward the end. And it's rather pricey, but I only use a tiny amount so a tube lasts a fairly long time (I don't use foundation every day anyway). It makes my foundation go on smoothly and flawlessly, and I use much less foundation over this primer than I would without it. It *is* slightly irritating to my sensitive'ish skin. It doesn't cause break outs, but it does irritate a bit, and I certainly try not to get any near my eyes (I use a separate primer for eyelids - Lancome's, which I think is terrific stuff). I keep repurchasing MAC's Prep & Prime because I haven't found one yet that I like better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

My skin is normal-combo and I was looking for a primer that would keep my t zone oilies at bay in the hot weather. Long story short - this stuff is amazing! Best primer I've tried.

The price is seriously heartbreaking. £20 for 30ml...ridiculous. The packaging is nothing special, a small plastic tube. I have a feeling once I reach the end of this product, it'll be a bit hard to squeeze out. I'll have to cut it open or something.

The texture is like a white cream lotion but not too thick. I use 2 pea sizes for my face, but could surely use less than that. The SPF 50 is an amazing added bonus, but obviously, unless I use half the tube, I'm not going to get SPF 50 which is a shame. If this product was cheaper I would have no problem using more on my face but...it's not.

It doesn't leave a velvety silicone feeling on my skin like most primers, but it does leave it feeling pretty soft and smooth. The best part is - it keeps my oilies at bay all day! I've used it in scorching hot/humid weather and my face didn't get greasy at all. My makeup lasts all day with this on too...I've used it with TM's, liquid foundations, powder foundations...keeps all of them on.

No breakouts or irritation - and I have really sensitive breakout prone skin, so this must be a good thing.

Overall I really like this product, and I would repurchase, despite the expense.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by itsjensayinghey

I prefer the MAC Prep + Prime with SPF 50 a lot more than the original formula. This was given to me because it had broken my mother out, and surprisingly, it hasn't done anything to me, even though I have sensitive acne-prone skin. This definitely smooths and mattifies my face for a nice foundation application. I do get slightly shiny around my T-Zone, but that is after twelve hours. When I wipe off my makeup, a lot of it is still on the wipe, proving that the makeup adheres better to my skin. I have been using this every day for about six months now, and I still have a decent amount of product left. However, it does get annoying because now the product randomly spurts out into the cap. I would not say this is HG material, but it is the best that I have used so far. The SPF is a nice bonus. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I know I've only used this for 2 days but already my skin feels itchy and I can feel the beginning of a big under-the-skin painful breakout. I'm really really sad because I sooo wanted to love this product. I have oily/sensitive skin and break out on my cheeks (this started a few months ago out of nowhere) and my forehead (little tiny pimples that come and go for the last 10 years) and I was just beginning to clear up again, so this is very saddening for me.

But even if I weren't having a bad reaction, it just doesn't do anything for my makeup and honestly I think I look worse by mid-day than without it - just looks both melted off and cakey... if that makes sense? GRR! Why couldn't this have been awesome for me?!?!

As for smell, it wasn't unpleasant. Felt thick going on but soaked in quickly and my skin felt baby soft at that point.

I'm just not sure any primers are good for my skin... boo!... so disappointing. Someday I'll find something that works for me with SPF... any recommendations let me know :o)