Redken All Soft HEAVY CREAM

4.1

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Parfum, Sodium PCA, Benzoic acid, Trideceth-6, Cetrimonium chloride, Citric acid, Argania spinosa oil/Argania spinosa kernel oil, Arginine, Hydrolyzed soy protein, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol.

on 1/3/2006 4:38:00 AM

This is a dual review on Keraphix and Redken Heavy Cream because I've been using them together so i'm not sure which one is really helping the most. Anyway, my tale of woe began a week ago when i had my hair chemically straightened (relaxed). Now i've done it several times before, but this past time I went to a new salon and they s****d up royally. I suspect they didn't neutralise the relaxant properly; they only rinsed the hair and didn't shampoo it with a neutralising shampoo. Anyway, my hair was absolutely shredded. Incredibly frizzy, dry.. you name it. Nightmare Hair. Plus they applied the relaxant right on my roots instead of 1/8 inch out, so my hair was actually bent 90 degrees from the root! I was horrified and scared that I'd have to shave my head or wear a cap for months. I went to the MUA boards and saw that Keraphix and Heavy Cream were recommended for disasters such as mine. I rushed out and bought them, crossed my fingers and applied [10 mins under a cap for K and 15 for HC]. After the first attempt, my hair definitely felt more pliable and soft. I gave a small sigh of relief. After the second try, i added an additional treatment, pure jojoba oil, and my hair responded really well. I can't tell you how relieved I am!! So now my hair is well on the way to recovery, thanks to these three products. I'll only add in particular that the Heavy Cream smells really good, as do all the All Soft products. If anyone out there is in the same predicament, I hope my experience helps! In addition to these products, I've also had intense protein and scalp treatments at a salon, which have also helped a lot. I've certainly learnt my lesson! :) *UPDATE* Today I skipped the keraphix and just applied the HC. Results were not as good! Guess it's best to use both.

I bought the Heavy Cream as my first expensive salon product, and man was I disappointed! It was pretty pricey, and didn't even condition that well. It helped my hair about as much as a normal drugstore brand conditioner. This was definitely NOT worth the price. I really like the All Soft conditioner much better than this!

on 11/22/2005 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this as a deep conditioner. I have fine, curly, dry hair. At first it was great, but after 2 or 3 uses it really started to weigh my hair down. It did make it soft. I think this would be a good product for someone with coarser hair than mine and particularly if you can tolerate silicone well. It just wasn't the right product for me, and I returned it. I prefer the All-Soft Addictive Spray treatment; this might be a better bet for fine-haired folks.

on 11/22/2005 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have highlighted, long, thick hair which has a tendency to tangle after shampooing and conditioning my hair in addition to my hair sometimes breaking a bit. After using All Soft Extreme Cream yesterday for the first time, I am very impressed!

Being a fan of the All Soft Shampoo, I decided to try the Extreme Cream as a conditioner. I left the Extreme Cream on my hair for close to 10 minutes, rinsed and my hair was not even tangled and felt soft after rinsing. My hair still soaking wet, my colorist recommended using regular conditioner before towel drying as a leave in. The Extreme Cream really made a huge difference with my hair. Another plus is that Redken is reasonalbly priced (now this is coming from a woman who spent loads on Kerastase). Will buy again.

on 11/22/2005 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I tried this a few years ago, it did NOTHING for my hair and that was before I permed it. I did have a bit of natural curl anyhow and hard water at the time and maybe that is why. Since I moved I have soft water so I find that products that did not work before work wonderfully. Maybe I will give this one another try because I DO like Redken products.

on 11/18/2005 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Tried this when it was first introduced; it did nothing at all for my hair. Everything I expected from All Soft Heavy Cream I now get by using Smooth Down Butter Treat, my HG hair product!

on 11/17/2005 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only product that makes my hair beautiful and managable again when it gets really dry and unruly. I was without it for months and my hair was a mess. I've been putting in on at night and sleeping in it. In the morning my hair is dry and I just brush it out a little. It doesn't look greasy or weigh down my hair (fairly thick, long and very wavy). It controls my fuzzies but looks soft and feels nice. I almost never use shampoo. I know it sounds weird to leave it and not rinse it out but for my hair it works and it doesn't dull the shine at all. In fact, it looks shinier because the cuticle is smoothed down.

on 11/11/2005 5:41:00 PM

I love this product for my thick, coarse, frizzy, colored and highlighted hair. I am constantly looking for the best product to smooth my natually curly, short hair which I blow dry and flat iron. I don't use a conditioner anymore in the shower, Instead I apply after the shower and let it sit for 20 minutes. I rinse it out but not completely. Leave some in. I also use BTZ products after. I have never had a product work so well and I have spent a lot of money trying to find the bes. I am usually very sensitive to silicones but find that I do not break out from this product. I have been using All Soft Heavy Cream for about 6 months and it continues to be my HG.

on 11/9/2005 11:09:00 AM

Love it!! My HG of HG's. This product has made such a difference in my hair that I almost don't need it anymore. Fantastic for moisture and shine!

on 11/6/2005 2:18:00 PM

URGH! I used a tiny lil bit of this on my very long very wrecked hair and it just made it really lank and so dull there was no shine at all :/ Was very dissapointed since I love Butter Treat :/