August 27, 2014 | 1792 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Iliriana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing that could have happened to my summer makeup regimen! Sooo glad I bought it! Medium coverage without a cakey finish, the luminessence mimics my skins natural glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jgcoolidge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does cover nicely and is soft and comfortable. Classic beige is about the worst color I've seen. It looks ok at first but then it seems to turn grey if you sweat or perhaps overapply. I was embarassed when I caught a look at myself passing by a mirror.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff broke me out. I got these red bumps on my cheeks and it still hasn't cleared up! I did a comparison of the products that I am allergic to and have discovered that the ingredients in this product is IDENTICAL to that of everyday minerals. So although I did not like this product, IF YOU DO, you should try everyday minerals, as the two are practically the same, aside from the price difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm nc 30-35 in MAC and I bought this in Rich Vanilla after all the rave reviews on youtube (lisalisad1). I have to admit I was skeptical that it was that much better than other mineral foundations as Bare Minerals is okay and I've really been happy with my MAC MSF in med-plus for the price, but it truly is worth a little extra. The staying power is phenomenal- no smudging or transfer issues, the texture is velvety smooth and blends like a dream, and the finish is kind of dewy and luminescent. I really love this product, Holy Grail for sure and I will definitely repurchase. On a side note I am glad I found this because I had tried other LM products and was pretty disappointed in the quality for the price (TM was too flat, Secret Camoflage and concealer were too thick for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mineral foundation is the best! I mix Soft Porcelain and Real Sand to get my perfect match and buff it over lightly applied Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. The LM minerals are very creamy and look lovely and dewey on my DSPW complexion. Ages ago I wrote a glowing review for Merle Norman's mineral foundation, but it doesn't even come close to LM and feels very "cakey" to me after using the LM. Will most definitely repurchase. Caveat: Although the packaging is brilliant, I do think the company could squeeze a bit more product into it for the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this product. I've used Bare Minerals for a few years and was just wanting to see if there was something on the market that better suited my skin. Unfortunately I couldn't make this product work for me. I tried it with primer (regular & mineral) and without, with tinted moisturizer and not . . . . but somehow it always seemed to just "sit" on my skin. I love, love, love the container this mineral powder comes in but unfortunately it wasn't enough for me to keep it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sueg374

Bought this as my summer foundation. For ref., I have combination skin that is oiler in summer, wear BB Sand in the Skin Finish fndt, or NW20. I got loose Mineral Powder fndt. in Real Sand, color is a good match (at least at this point in the season). Coverage is on the lighter side, which is exactly what I was looking for, but I imagine it is buildable. The finish is very nice - a subtle natural glow - not totally matte, but not shiny (like with BE). It seems to have very good staying power. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Officially my HG foundation. I swore by the cover fx mineral foundation for years, but when it appeared that the formula had changed, i had decided to try out this one (its a little more expensive but my teacher in makeup school swore by it).

This foundation gives sheer to moderate coverage with a glowing natural finish. It looks perfect form when i put it on till the end of my day (i work long days on my feet in a salon). My skin is super sensitive and almost anything makes me break out. This foundation doesn't clog my pores and i get so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks.

I can even use it with a smaller brush over blemishes as a concealer that wont make my breakouts worse!

Update March 23, 2012: I still agree with the review I gave above, HOWEVER, I wanted to add 2 things:

1. This photographs HORRIBLY with flash, so it is perfect for day to day use, but you will need a different foundations if a lot of pictures are going to be taken (and you care enough about the white cast)

2. I think that I MIGHT have been allergic to something in this....I was wearing this daily, but I stopped using any foundation on a daily bases (but also started a new skincare regime so I can't be sure) and I have not gotten a single cystic breakout since (I used to get them monthly, and always thought that it was from hormones).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LivBrown

This is by far the best mineral foundation - or any foundation, for that matter - that I've ever used. I apply a sheer layer of the mineral primer on first, and then dust the foundation on top of that. It's really amazing how it quickly transforms my pale, sallow complexion into a naturally glowing and even one. I don't even need concealer; I just use a concealer brush, pick up some of the mineral foundation onto it, and apply it to blemishes or spots - it's almost magical how it covers them up effectively and leaves a natural finish. The foundation feels very nice on my skin - hardly noticeable at all throughout the day. I used to use Bare Minerals and continue to use their brushes for my application of the Laura Mercier mineral foundation, but I much prefer this foundation over the Bare Minerals one - this brand is much more finely milled, I think, and appears much more natural - not shiny and artificially glowing like other mineral foundations. I'm glad I made the switch! It's the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

For reference, I am Asian NC20-25 and use this in soft porcelain. the match isn't excellent - soft porcelain is a bit too light for me, but the next shade up is too dark. This does oxidize a bit on me (as do all mmu I find), so the color evens out nicely later. I have used everyday minerals before and just hated it. it was a shiny oily no-coverage & pore-accentuated mess. LM is the direct opposite of all of the above. the coverage is buildable, as sheer or heavy as I like, and it won't look cakey. I have always preferred powder foundation over liquid, because as long as you choose the right brush, it does all the work for you. I pair my LM mmu with the ELF studio line powder brush, which is a dense flat top kabuki. and it's just a dream to apply this every morning.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No