August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This clear makeup was the first I heard of before the primer revolution. I used it then and loved it. I smoothed out the bumpy surfaces and large pores providing a smooth surface for applying my makeup. I have acne-prone skin and it did not make me break out. However, now that there are so many primers on the market, this is not my first choice. Compared to smashbox, tarte, and others, the consistenly of "The Present" is thick and greasy. Try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Metamorphbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome!! I don't use this as foundation. I use this as a primer. I apply my moisturizer first wait a little bit until it absorbs and then I apply this and wait the recommended 2 minutes. Well worth the wait. I apply my foundation over this and my skin looks absolutely spectacular. I have huge pores and this makes my pores appear smaller. I have tried other primers such as Smashbox, Laura Gellar and Laura Mercier this by far works the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A little bit goes a long way with this primer. I've never had much luck with primers (frankly I've never noticed a difference, with or without makeup), and I don't see earth shattering results with this one. Doesn't clog my pores, and as with all Philosophy products, the packaging is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by charlottebees

I bought this after finding out it's the same thing as the On A Clear day "protection cream" (aka moisturizer). I don't know about the whole "clear makeup" thing, but as a moisurizer for sensitive acne prone skin this stuff does the trick for me. I put it on right out of the shower and when i go back to put on foundation my face is perfectly smooth. It leaves my face moisturized and keeps my face from being an oil slick. More than I can say for any other moisturizer out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kajoyce1

Didn't care for it at all, and I usually love Philosophy

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by poodge9779

I use lots of philosophy products and normally love them. This however was a different story. It did create a nice matte finish on my face, but it also caused my skin to break out and created a rash on one cheek.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love how my oily skin look after applying this. My make up last longer and I even skip my usual make up regimen which is : moisturizer , my super thick liquid foundation and loose powder , Because I know my make up would melt by tea time. However...., Now I just apply toner , This product and MAC studio perfect foundation. It gives a semi matte finish, saves my time and last whole day...Strangely it seems to work well with powder foundation than with liquid foundation.my face sweat a lot when using this with lancome Maquimat liquid foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this for a while and got a free sample of this with my last philosophy order. YIKES! Broke out in bumps every place I applied it- red bumps on the bridge of my nose, cheeks, and forehead. Not attractive. I use many other philosophy products everyday. I will stick with DHC velvet Skin Coat from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product before Philosophy started calling it "clear foundation" or primers became a product category. I recently tried this again as I got a sample, and didn't like this as either "clear foundation" or as a primer.

The texture is thick and very hard to control during application. I remember hearing the head of the company say on QVC that this product needs a few minutes to set, and, then, voila, perfect skin. Well, the product sure needed a few minutes to set, but, then, nothing. If this made a difference in the way my skin looked, I missed it.

As a primer, for my skin needs there I products I like better (Laura Geller's Spackle). For all its thickness, I didn't find this filled in pores or fine lines. Powder foundation application on top was cakey and very difficult to blend. Liquid foundation was slightly better, but there wasn't much slip.

The icing on the cake was the breakouts. That's when I stopped experimenting.

I like many Philsophy products, but I think maybe the hype associated with them has outgrown the product's ability to live up to the claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by WeezieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to try a primer, so since I used Philsophy's skincare line, I thought I'd give it a try. I will say that my skin DOES look flawless when I use this; however, it is the most drying product I've ever used! The day I use it, my skin is flaking like crazy. Allergic? I suppose so, but I've never had a problem with any of their products. I gave it to my sister, and she's had no issues, so, go figure. Anyway, it really does work, just not for me.