January 31, 2015 | 1659 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Shannon986

I bought this primer with the clear powder as a set since I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I was looking for something more matte since smashbox is a little too silky for the hotter weather, but I hate it... its fine as a moisturizer at night but not under foundation (I wear MAC Studio Tech) it makes my foundations look streaky and when I try to blend it it only looks worse. This stuff definitely needs to be used with a loose powder foundation. Not for me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love using this product as it just smooths onto my skin effortlessly. I have oily/combination skin and so do not like wearing foundations. I cannot feel this when it is on my skin and to the touch my face feels smooth and soft. I cannot say it conceals the pores or lines any more than any other primer I have used (sephora, smashbox photo primer and the smashbox dermaxyl one) - hence the 4 lippies (if it did that I would not hesitate to give it 5) but it does seem to stem the oil production and it does make my complexion look "finished" and makes my skin feel flawlessly smooth. I was unsure but I think I will have to buy more... ...unless something else new and shiny catches my eye first :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This clear makeup was the first I heard of before the primer revolution. I used it then and loved it. I smoothed out the bumpy surfaces and large pores providing a smooth surface for applying my makeup. I have acne-prone skin and it did not make me break out. However, now that there are so many primers on the market, this is not my first choice. Compared to smashbox, tarte, and others, the consistenly of "The Present" is thick and greasy. Try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Metamorphbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome!! I don't use this as foundation. I use this as a primer. I apply my moisturizer first wait a little bit until it absorbs and then I apply this and wait the recommended 2 minutes. Well worth the wait. I apply my foundation over this and my skin looks absolutely spectacular. I have huge pores and this makes my pores appear smaller. I have tried other primers such as Smashbox, Laura Gellar and Laura Mercier this by far works the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A little bit goes a long way with this primer. I've never had much luck with primers (frankly I've never noticed a difference, with or without makeup), and I don't see earth shattering results with this one. Doesn't clog my pores, and as with all Philosophy products, the packaging is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by charlottebees

I bought this after finding out it's the same thing as the On A Clear day "protection cream" (aka moisturizer). I don't know about the whole "clear makeup" thing, but as a moisurizer for sensitive acne prone skin this stuff does the trick for me. I put it on right out of the shower and when i go back to put on foundation my face is perfectly smooth. It leaves my face moisturized and keeps my face from being an oil slick. More than I can say for any other moisturizer out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kajoyce1

Didn't care for it at all, and I usually love Philosophy

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by poodge9779

I use lots of philosophy products and normally love them. This however was a different story. It did create a nice matte finish on my face, but it also caused my skin to break out and created a rash on one cheek.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love how my oily skin look after applying this. My make up last longer and I even skip my usual make up regimen which is : moisturizer , my super thick liquid foundation and loose powder , Because I know my make up would melt by tea time. However...., Now I just apply toner , This product and MAC studio perfect foundation. It gives a semi matte finish, saves my time and last whole day...Strangely it seems to work well with powder foundation than with liquid foundation.my face sweat a lot when using this with lancome Maquimat liquid foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this for a while and got a free sample of this with my last philosophy order. YIKES! Broke out in bumps every place I applied it- red bumps on the bridge of my nose, cheeks, and forehead. Not attractive. I use many other philosophy products everyday. I will stick with DHC velvet Skin Coat from now on.