Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/13/2007 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love most philosophy products but this one was just ok. Smelled nice & made my skin feel smooth but I have tried better primers.

on 6/26/2007 5:51:00 PM

This is my HG makeup products---one of them anyway! I've been using this product for 3 years. I just received another order of it today from Sephora. I never like to run out so when I have a busy schedule and I'm unable to run to Sephora to get it...I just order it instead...LOL.
This product gives my face an airbrushed appearance and I can truly go without makeup with it on. I use it with my BE (Bare Essentials) products and it's perfection! I can leave the house without makeup but I can not leave without The Present.

KEY!***Use only a little bit. A dab on each cheek, a dab on the chin, a dab on the forehead and that's ENOUGH. You don't need more than that..just blend it out and allow it to dry for a couple of minutes and that should be it. Also, I'm African American with medium brown skin and if it works for me..I know it can work for anyone with lighter or darker skin. TRICK that works for me: Keep it in the fridge especially on hot, humid days.

Gave it a 5 rating overall!, It's reasonable in price when compared to other primers out there on the market. I love the packaging of it and the fact that it's in a tube (reduces contamination and easy to apply and not waste). I've used Laura Geller and Smashbox. Laura Geller left me oily (I havev combo skin), Smashbox kind of beaded up on my skin while I was applying makeup...even though I used very little. The only one I've tried that I like almost as well as The Present is Tarte.........that one is also good!

on 6/19/2007 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product wasn't WOW as I expected but it worked ok. It made my face smoother. Pleasant lavender scent.

on 5/22/2007 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this primer with the clear powder as a set since I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I was looking for something more matte since smashbox is a little too silky for the hotter weather, but I hate it... its fine as a moisturizer at night but not under foundation (I wear MAC Studio Tech) it makes my foundations look streaky and when I try to blend it it only looks worse. This stuff definitely needs to be used with a loose powder foundation. Not for me :(

on 5/15/2007 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love using this product as it just smooths onto my skin effortlessly. I have oily/combination skin and so do not like wearing foundations. I cannot feel this when it is on my skin and to the touch my face feels smooth and soft. I cannot say it conceals the pores or lines any more than any other primer I have used (sephora, smashbox photo primer and the smashbox dermaxyl one) - hence the 4 lippies (if it did that I would not hesitate to give it 5) but it does seem to stem the oil production and it does make my complexion look "finished" and makes my skin feel flawlessly smooth. I was unsure but I think I will have to buy more... ...unless something else new and shiny catches my eye first :)

on 5/8/2007 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This clear makeup was the first I heard of before the primer revolution. I used it then and loved it. I smoothed out the bumpy surfaces and large pores providing a smooth surface for applying my makeup. I have acne-prone skin and it did not make me break out. However, now that there are so many primers on the market, this is not my first choice. Compared to smashbox, tarte, and others, the consistenly of "The Present" is thick and greasy. Try another.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome!! I don't use this as foundation. I use this as a primer. I apply my moisturizer first wait a little bit until it absorbs and then I apply this and wait the recommended 2 minutes. Well worth the wait. I apply my foundation over this and my skin looks absolutely spectacular. I have huge pores and this makes my pores appear smaller. I have tried other primers such as Smashbox, Laura Gellar and Laura Mercier this by far works the best.

on 4/17/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little bit goes a long way with this primer. I've never had much luck with primers (frankly I've never noticed a difference, with or without makeup), and I don't see earth shattering results with this one. Doesn't clog my pores, and as with all Philosophy products, the packaging is lovely!

I bought this after finding out it's the same thing as the On A Clear day "protection cream" (aka moisturizer). I don't know about the whole "clear makeup" thing, but as a moisurizer for sensitive acne prone skin this stuff does the trick for me. I put it on right out of the shower and when i go back to put on foundation my face is perfectly smooth. It leaves my face moisturized and keeps my face from being an oil slick. More than I can say for any other moisturizer out there.

on 4/9/2007 9:34:00 PM

Didn't care for it at all, and I usually love Philosophy